Photo

BROOKLANDS feature film update

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 buldoggrrrr

buldoggrrrr

• 20 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 10:00

I had an email from Richard Hinton a short while ago asking for any news on the Brooklands feature film. For those who don't know, we've been working on a fictional yarn set in 1930's Brooklands and have been busy raising the remaining production funding that will enable us to shoot and release for 2007, coinciding with the Brooklands centenary.

‘Brooklands’ is a rights of passage story about a young chap whose ultimate dream is to build a car to smash the outer circuit record. So as not to undermine historical accuracy, the piece is one of fiction but played out against a Brooklands backdrop where legends of the day interact with our main protagonists.

As many of you will know, Brooklands today is not capable of staging any of the numerous racing sequences planned so a major proportion of these scenes will be created using state of the art computer imagery interwoven with close ups of real drivers racing period monsters. The finished visual and audio action will be an awesome spectacle and for the first time in history, an audience will be taken on a thundering, wheel clattering journey around the circuit, all in beautiful technicolour.

I have to admit that the past 6 months have been very slow in terms of investment, but all of a sudden January brought us new opportunities and this momentum has thankfully continued. In the next couple of months we'll have access to a broad set of new investor groups wishing to capitalise on the wonderful tax and capital gain incentives on offer from the government, so all bodes well even though we're cutting it pretty fine on the schedule.

The Brooklands movie website will be undergoing a radical transformation over the next few weeks making it vastly more interactive, including streamed footage of racing action, historical data, competitions etc etc. We’ll also be looking for content from contributors, so if you have any fascinating stories about Brooklands and the legends who made the place what it was, we’d love to hear from you.

I’ll keep you posted on the film developments and Brooklands website re-launch.

Best regards

Andrew Smith

www.brooklandsthemovie.co.uk

Advertisement

#2 Stephen W

Stephen W

• 15,604 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 16:21

Andrew, it sounds fantastic. Hope you have got Bill Boddy on board as he is THE expert when it comes to Brooklands.

Best of luck :cool:

#3 buldoggrrrr

buldoggrrrr

• 20 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 17:54

Well I actually tried to contact Mr Body through the Brooklands Society last year, but it seems the group were not very interested in talking to me. I'm not suggesting that this was BB's wish and maybe the email got caught up in the post, it would be of course a major boost to have BB and the society support the venture and I would certainly welcome the input. If it wasn't for the efforts of people like BB and the BS, there probably wouldn't be anything left for us to visit.

Andrew

#4 RTH

RTH

• 6,066 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 14:19

Thanks for that Andrew, regular progress reports would be welcome , - essential to have WB's input - the greatest living authority on the place ?