Photo

Testing Formula One for 2006

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 N3NP

N3NP

• 103 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 14:09

So, the Formula One 2005 season has just finished, but, when, where and which teams will
be testing in October, November and December 2005 for the Formula One 2006 season ?

It will be interesting to see which ( new ) drivers will make their appearance at what team.

Anyone with information or ideas and thoughts on this subject ?

Advertisement

#2 ademm

ademm

• 646 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 14:31

As far as i read Ferrari and Williams will not honor the ban. This is good for Ferrari because they will know better how much the car sucks. Unlike McLaren, Williams is willing to cooperate with Ferrari and Toyota and this will be good for all tree teams.

#3 MortenF1

MortenF1

• 23,746 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 14:33

"unlike McLaren" ?? That I don't quite understand. Williams, Toyota and Ferrari will all be on Bridgestone next year, so I can sort of see why they pull in the same direction, but why would McLaren support them in breaching the testing agreement?

#4 davegp3

davegp3

• 1,821 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 14:40

Originally posted by race addicted
"unlike McLaren" ?? That I don't quite understand. Williams, Toyota and Ferrari will all be on Bridgestone next year, so I can sort of see why they pull in the same direction, but why would McLaren support them in breaching the testing agreement?

He probably suggests that McLaren didn't want to cooperate with Ferrari when they were on Bridgestones pre-2002.

#5 MortenF1

MortenF1

• 23,746 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 14:41

Oh, I'm not sure who didn't want to co-operate with who though...

#6 skinnylizard

skinnylizard

• 9,641 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 15:59

why the assumption that toyota and williams will any more than McLaren?

#7 Teez

Teez

• 1,864 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 16:02

Originally posted by skinnylizard
why the assumption that toyota and williams will any more than McLaren?

Because neither team has a bitter, arrogant, paranoid asshole as a team principle. :wave:

#8 quasi C

quasi C

• 2,110 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 16:03

I think the schedule is pretty much that Karlth, wawawa or someone of their technical ilk will start a thread on the first day of testing entitled "Winter 05/06 testing thread" which will balloon to about 40 pages until Bahrain next year. Ah yes, the good old off season testing thread.

BTW Ferrari will begin the shenanigans on Oct 26th at vallelunga. See you there, so to speak.

edit - also, probably as if to show just how commited they are to getting back on top, Schumacher will forfeit his usual 23 months of holiday and according to RAI will test with the V8 in Bahrain on Nov 24.

#9 Pumpkin

Pumpkin

• 369 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 11:25

Originally posted by quasi C
I think the schedule is pretty much that Karlth, wawawa or someone of their technical ilk will start a thread on the first day of testing entitled "Winter 05/06 testing thread" which will balloon to about 40 pages until Bahrain next year. Ah yes, the good old off season testing thread.

BTW Ferrari will begin the shenanigans on Oct 26th at vallelunga. See you there, so to speak.

edit - also, probably as if to show just how commited they are to getting back on top, Schumacher will forfeit his usual 23 months of holiday and according to RAI will test with the V8 in Bahrain on Nov 24.

You forgot to add that a particular team will run strongly during winter testing. A poster will comment about said team and that they look good for the coming season while another reply will come back like so:
IT IS JUST WINTER TESTING

This will fill up most of those 40 pages
Enjoy :p :lol: