Photo

Jerry Eisert has died

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Allen Brown

Allen Brown

• 5,538 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 08:45

I received this message this morning from Jerry's daughter Sherry. Another link to that wonderful period of motor racing has departed.

Allen,

My father passed away last very early Friday morning Feb. 23rd after a long battle with colon cancer. We are having a memorial for him Saturday March 4th 1:00 PM at Grace Church San Marcos. We expect a lot of family, friends and racing buddies. I would be happy to send you all the compiled information we gather for the memorial. I'm Jerry's oldest daughter Sherry. I remember standing in the pits and gasoline alley as a young girl. Knowing my Dad was battling cancer my husband and I built a second home (with a huge garage) on our property in Southern California for my parents. Currently I have the 96 Indy Race Car in my garage. This car was driven by Al Unser, Johnny Rutherford, Ronnie Duman, Greg weld, Peter Revson, Jerry Grant, Billy Foster & Roger McCluskey. Dad never stopped designing cars, currently he has an unfinished hot rod with a rear engine Nor Star Cadillac engine! My husband and brothers are going to finish it in memory of my dad. Thanks for the great article for a great man…..

Memorial for Jerry Eisert
March 4th, Saturday 1:00 PM
Grace Church San Marcos
Go to the following web site for directions.
http://www.gracesanmarcos.org/
Reception following at home of:
Sherry & Roland Schaeffer's at Mom & Dad's "new pad" guest home on Mulberry
515 Heiden Court
San Marcos, CA 92069

Advertisement

#2 HDonaldCapps

HDonaldCapps

• 2,482 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:10

Oh, my. Along the same lines as Allen's comment, another voice stilled.

#3 David M. Kane

David M. Kane

• 5,402 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 16:03

What a wonderful daughter, speaks volumes for the man who was the father.

#4 WGD706

WGD706

• 956 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 19:00

Jerry Eisert passed away at home with his wife of 54 years, Lorraine, and family on Saturday, February 25th after a long fight with colon cancer.
Eisert was one of the top USAC mechanics during the 1960s, working with J Frank Harrison for much of the decade and building his Chevrolet-powered "Harrison Special" USAC cars for three seasons from 1965. Harrison and Eisert parted company at the end of 1967 and, with the 5-litre Formula A just getting started, Eisert quickly saw the opportunity to build a car for the series. As well as this new 68 car for Jack Eiteljorg, one of his older Harrison Specials was converted to be used by Stew McMillan.
In 1969, Eisert Racing Enterprises produced a new wedge-shaped car for Formula A and USAC and sold four or five in 1969 and 1970. As well as a new car for McMillan, Dennis Ott also drove a car in Formula A and Webster, Arciero and Bohannon entered such cars in USAC. An older Eisert from the "Harrison Special" era appeared in Ludwig Heimrath's hands.

Although no new Eiserts appear to have been built for 1971, Marv Webster continued with Eisert and a 1972 Eisert went to Webster for USAC, only to appear in Formula 5000 in 1972 and 1973. Jerry Eisert moved into Formula 5000, teaming up with Chuck Jones to run Kevin Bartlett in 1972 and Bob Muir in 1973. After running BJ Swanson's Lola T332 and later Danny Ongais' Interscope T332 in 1975, he moved to Dan Gurney's All American Racers to become chief crew on their USAC team in their heyday.

Eisert was known for designing the "Monocoque Body Style" used in race car designs worldwide.

Memorial Services will be held on Saturday, March 4th at 1:00pm at:

Grace Episcopal Church (760)744-7667
1020 Rose Ranch Road
San Marcos, CA

Home address for wife Lorraine and family:
515 Heiden Court
San Marcos, CA 92069

Sorry, I didn't see the other thread when I posted this...merge or delete?