• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 IMV

IMV

• 110 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 08:43

During last couple months I had less TNF contributions...but I made a book:

http://www.grada.cz/...venske-formule/

160 pages, 80 single seaters from 1935 until 1990, 400 pictures. There are cars of F-Libre, F 3 500ccm, F Junior, F 3 1000ccm, F Skoda, F Easter, F Mondial, F 3 2000ccm. Almost every car is introduced on two pages with short text (in Czech language), chart with technical dates and 4-6 pictures. Added are some cut-off drawings, pictures of period leaflets, program covers...

Michal

Advertisement

#2 anjakub

anjakub

• 612 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 09:06

Thanks Michal. Two days ago I have ordered this book in "Vltava".

#3 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 41,782 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 09:14

Congratulations, Michal! :clap:

How do I get one? And why does the Slovak price appear to be higher than the Czech? VAT or something? :confused:

#4 ensign14

ensign14

• 61,763 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 09:33

Yeah, I didn't see this in sunny Prague... :(

(But :clap: for the book)

#5 IMV

IMV

• 110 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 11:58

How do I get one?....
You can order directly from publisher at ... obchod@grada.cz , or send me an e-mail.

And why does the Slovak price appear to be higher than the Czech?....
I don´t know why so much, normally 100SK = 80CZK

Yeah, I didn't see this in sunny Prague...
The book is fresh new, they started distribution to bookshops this week Monday afternoon.

Michal

#6 Alexey Rogachev

Alexey Rogachev

• 908 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 06:52

Michal, I'm very glad to learn that your book has been published! :up: I'd like to get one, too... Going by the previews of some pages on the publisher's web site, it is full of very useful information :clap:

#7 Bonde

Bonde

• 1,072 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 01:17

Michal,

My hat's off to you :clap: :up: - I definitely want to order one as well! Morten Alstrup and I have been talking for years about doing something similar about Danish single seaters, but even with so few Danish cars and so relatively many Czech cars, you've simply taken the bull by the horns and done it, while we've just been talking about it. Well done! It appears to be a labour of love - how long has it taken, and who's done the very nice illustrations shown in the preview?

#8 IMV

IMV

• 110 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 08:57

Originally posted by Bonde
Michal,

... It appears to be a labour of love - how long has it taken, and who's done the very nice illustrations shown in the preview?

Hi Anders,

yes, I love Skoda factory F3 cars from my childhood (my father with my uncle developped engines for them, I personally knew drivers Fousek and Bobek), later I spread my interess to all single seaters. Maybe six years ago I started more intensively to search pictures, results, visited old drivers, their mechanics... and the last chapter - writing a book - had duration almost two years.

Book contains pictures and cut-off drawings mainly from two well known Czech artists - Václav Král and Jirí Rameš (shown in preview).

Michal

#9 Alexey Rogachev

Alexey Rogachev

• 908 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 18:20

Michal,

Today I finally received your book - yes, it is really worthy of waiting for it for a month! Being a result of six-year work, it is literally full up of useful info and splendid photos. DĚKUJI! Posted Image

#10 anjakub

anjakub

• 612 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 18:33

I received my copy few weeks ago. Fantastic book.

#11 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 18:44

Looks fabulous I want one !!
I am mailing you Michal

#12 Bonde

Bonde

• 1,072 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:37

Although this should probably belong in the "The place to say something about books" thread, but I just received Michals' book about Czech single seaters and a very impressive work it is. I can recommend it - the diversity of cars and the resourcefulness of their builders under Iron Curtain era adversity is enormous.

Michal, if you ever make an English translation booklet I'll gladly help you proof read it!

#13 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:45

Anders,
did you order the book via the publisher ? I mailed Michal in Feb, but he is probably very busy.