Alonso 'unrewarded by Mclaren'

• Please log in to reply
631 replies to this topic

#1 Trebor152

Trebor152

• 148 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 18:58

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/61742

Alonso is moaning yet again, he doesnt think his team have given him enough back for his part in their improved pace. I thought that the reward was that he is second in the drivers championship with a very real possibility of winning his thrid consecutive crown, oh and his nice fat pay check as well.

Anyone else tired of this?

Advertisement

#2 4mula1

4mula1

• 144 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 19:01

I don't know who said it, but...

"F1 2007: 21 adults and 1 Spanish crybaby."

#3 lukywill

lukywill

• 6,660 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 19:10

everything at mclaren went as scheduled.
lewis will continue to be the team favorite if they dominate.
nothing new.
fortunately alonso will not shut up with this situation.

#4 K-One

K-One

• 6,248 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 19:11

Originally posted by Trebor152

Alonso is moaning yet again, he doesnt think his team have given him enough back for his part in their improved pace. I thought that the reward was that he is second in the drivers championship with a very real possibility of winning his thrid consecutive crown, oh and his nice fat pay check as well.

Amazing :eek:

He just doesn't know when to stop, just shut the **** up and let the driving do talking. We all know that he can do it. There's a difference between MS and FA, MS played always some mind games, but never resorted to this kind of BS.

He was undisputed nr1 at Renault and still he wasn't happy, so why would he happy at Mclaren.

#5 se7en_24

se7en_24

• 19,019 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 19:13

Originally posted by lukywill
everything at mclaren went as scheduled.
lewis will continue to be the team favorite if they dominate.
nothing new.
fortunately alonso will not shut up with this situation.

Fortunately for who? His own fans so it gives them some kind of excuse? He's certainly not doing himself any favours to himself that's for sure, he's coming across as a really childish whinger to anyone with a pair of eyes. I find his constant moaning rather tedious now.

#6 Fortymark

Fortymark

• 5,929 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 19:13

"That is always very clear in any team, you know, to have equal opportunities to everybody and to have an equal car to your teammate," Alonso said on BBC Radio. "What I think sometimes, and what I asked the team, is that I gave the team a lot.

"When I arrived in December, I remember the car I drove; I remember the results they had in 2006. And now, you know, I brought to the team half a second, six tenths, whatever, and I don't see anything giving me back.
"So that's the only thing."

What does he mean :confused:

1) He personally made the car 0,5-0,6 seconds faster (strange that he canĀ“t make his own car faster than lewis through basic setup)

2) He talkes about equal oppurtunities but that shoulndnĀ“t apply to him (because he came to McLaren as a wdc?)

3) He wants more money

4) He wants more credit

#7 Trebor152

Trebor152

• 148 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 19:14

Originally posted by Fortymark
"That is always very clear in any team, you know, to have equal opportunities to everybody and to have an equal car to your teammate," Alonso said on BBC Radio. "What I think sometimes, and what I asked the team, is that I gave the team a lot.

"When I arrived in December, I remember the car I drove; I remember the results they had in 2006. And now, you know, I brought to the team half a second, six tenths, whatever, and I don't see anything giving me back.
"So that's the only thing."

What does he mean :confused:

1) He personally made the car 0,5-0,6 seconds faster (strange that he canĀ“t make his own car faster than lewis through basic setup)

2) He talkes about equal oppurtunities but that shoulndnĀ“t apply to him (because he came to McLaren as a wdc?)

3) He wants more money

4) He wants more credit

He wants to be number one, and he wants Lewis out.

#8 Fatgadget

Fatgadget

• 6,969 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 19:15

"When I arrived in December, I remember the car I drove; I remember the results they had in 2006. And now I brought to the team half a second, six tenths, whatever, and I don't see anything giving me back , you know, .

Really? :eek:

#9 K-One

K-One

• 6,248 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 19:16

Originally posted by Fatgadget

Really? :eek:

well according to some experts, he solved reliability problems that Mclaren suffered for many years

#10 lukywill

lukywill

• 6,660 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 19:20

since 2005 till the beginning of this season generally people said how bad for alonso to move to a unreliable and slow team like mclaren.

#11 biercemountain

biercemountain

• 1,014 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 19:26

What a freakin crybaby!

Boo hoo, boo hoo.

#12 kar

kar

• 10,434 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 19:30

Alonso reckons he brought McLaren 6 tenths of a second.

I think that makes Alonso singlehandedly the greatest driver and engineer ever in the sport.

#13 Mrv

Mrv

• 6,416 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 19:32

The reason Mclaren are quicker is not due to Alonso, but rather the Ferrari documents they have had in their hands. :lol:

#14 CWeil

CWeil

• 1,051 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 19:37

He didn't give McLaren 6 tenths nor fix their reliability problems- that's just pure BS.

It's interesting that he's the only McLaren driver I can remember in the recent era who neither wore the post-race podium/press conference clean suit nor remained clean shaven. He's been scruffy the last few races.

Not that I particularly care, but they both seem like a subtle "I don't care" to his very image conscious boss.

#15 robnyc

robnyc

• 5,350 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 19:39

I honestly do think that his input and the knowledge he brought from Renault was a benefit to Mclaren.

#16 robnyc

robnyc

• 5,350 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 19:41

Originally posted by Mrv
The reason Mclaren are quicker is not due to Alonso, but rather the Ferrari documents they have had in their hands. :lol:

I don't think that information made them quicker but solve their reliability problems instead.

#17 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 19:42

He's making his excuses and reasons incase Hamilton wins the championship.

I knew he'll do it, not surprised, he will not lose gracefully and with pride, he's not grown up enough yet

Hamilton has been the element that's lured the Alonso people find annoying to the front pages, if Alonso had stayed at Renault or Hamilton didn't race this year, Alonso would be enjoying a marginly less stressful year challenging for a title in his new team, he had everything working, now there is the threat of losing his status as one of top guns in how he takes the fight to Hamilton, history is watching him, and he's afraid of losing to the more popular and rising star Hamilton. F1 needs the teamate battle, Alonso only needs it if he believes in himself, that he's better then Hamilton, but everything I've seen from him, has shown he doesn't process the qualities of a champion doing the distance in f1, he could be, but he can't count on Kimi's bad reliability saving the day, or Michael Schumacher's absence, Hamilton has come into his new team, and created a bigger problem then he thought was possible.

History is watching, Alonso can't be seen to get out of Mclaren, and make excuses, because it would seem like he got chickened out of a fight, so if he loses to Lewis? Try next year and beat him, he must beat him once to the title, and there's no gurantee Mclaren will be as competitive to fight rivals in 2008, so this year is important, Alonso must win it, if he wins, he might stay at mclaren, then it wouldn't be so bad losing to Lewis down the line, but he can't let it happen now, so he's getting his excuses ready in case he loses, blame the team, blame that etc If he wins, no one will be after his words as much. Alonso is the classic bad loser, there's lots of bad losers in the world, but Alonso's words make it sound too blatent, his ability if being questioned. If Lewis is faster then him around one lap around Turkey, Alonso might be strong in the race, but he can't afford to be blocked by dirty air too much, with the current rules and quali rules, Hamilton's qualifying success seems the ticket to control the weekend better then ALonso and apply early pressure, Alonso really has to find something to beat hAMILTION, and he can't rely on luck too much, or a safety car or something improving his situation.

What we have seen this year, is Alonso has very little in advantages over Hamilton, Hamilton is the best teamate he'll likely ever face, and he knows it.

#18 Sarkon

Sarkon

• 377 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 19:42

:eek:

HeĀ“ll not drive for McLaren next year - no way. I canĀ“t imagine.
Too much happened already this year and he still continues with that sh*t.

#19 Chris G.

Chris G.

• 6,585 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 19:50

Say what you will about Alonso, but he's at least consistent. Consistently complaining that is.

Advertisement

#20 stevewf1

stevewf1

• 3,259 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 19:51

Alonso himself is a great example of the term "sore loser"...

#21 giacomo

giacomo

• 6,977 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 19:57

"When I arrived in December, I remember the car I drove; I remember the results they had in 2006. And now, you know, I brought to the team half a second, six tenths, whatever, and I don't see anything giving me back."

He cannot be talking about money.

Maybe Honest Ron should donate him his CBE. Or is Oijehs daughter his secret desire?

#22 Enkei

Enkei

• 5,853 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 19:57

Not anything in return? What about his xx.000.000 salary he receives a year?
Sorry Fernando, shut the f^ck up and drive... :down:

#23 stevewf1

stevewf1

• 3,259 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 20:02

The last races this season are going to be really interesting - I can't wait! :eek:

#24 VoidNT

VoidNT

• 1,561 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 20:06

Not a news that Alonso feels unrewarded by McLaren. Is this feeling adequate or not is another story, although I think he has a point. Remember something similar to Alain Prost was feeling when he claimed that he did almost all the testing for McLaren in 1988 and then came Senna and took advantage of it.

0.5-0.6 seconds is a very interesting detail. Maybe the key for the matter. I don't believe Alonso got it from nowhere, this figure should be a result of some internal analysis made by McLaren. Is it a relative performance progress made by MP4-22 in comparison to MP4-21 and Alonso arrogantly claims all of this is down to his input, or more complicated indicator?

#25 giacomo

giacomo

• 6,977 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 20:10

Originally posted by VoidNT
0.5-0.6 seconds is a very interesting detail. Maybe the key for the matter. I don't believe Alonso got it from nowhere, this figure should be a result of some internal analysis made by McLaren. Is it a relative performance progress made by MP4-22 in comparison to MP4-21 and Alonso arrogantly claims all of this is down to his input, or more complicated indicator?

Wasn't Briatore also talking early in the season about Renault being potentially six tenths faster if they had Alonso?

Might be the Alonso analogy to Raikkonens extra half a second.

#26 AndreasF1

AndreasF1

• 1,200 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 20:35

When I arrived in December, I remember the car I drove; I remember the results they had in 2006. And now, you know, I brought to the team half a second, six tenths, whatever, and I don't see anything giving me back

lol, what about the 25-30 million he gets per year? Looser :down: .

#27 Wouter

Wouter

• 5,778 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 20:42

Originally posted by Sarkon
:eek:

HeĀ“ll not drive for McLaren next year - no way. I canĀ“t imagine.
Too much happened already this year and he still continues with that sh*t.

Bah, you never know, he used to say the same kind of things even at Renault - in 2004 and in 2006. It's how he is. After his first complaint that Trulli got all the development, he still went on to win 2 titles with Renault and his options outside McLaren are limited. BMW seems out of the question, Ferrari and Alonso aren't big friends either (and they would just repeat what happened at McLaren, regardless of whether Massa or Raikkonen is the other driver). Renault, perhaps Toyota or even Prodrive (effectively a second McLaren structure) seem like the only - quite meagre - alternatives.

#28 whoisjohngalt

whoisjohngalt

• 356 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 20:43

Originally posted by Trebor152

if you really are tired of this (as i am), then stop making a thread out of it - a thread which inevitably forces you to check the topic again to see if there are comments - which then forces you to reply - which in turn makes you dwell on the subject again - and then maybe in time you will see an article similar to this again - which will make you feel how sick you are of it again - and such sentiments will make you feel its compulsary to say it to the whole BB - so you will make a topic about it again - which you will maybe forced to look at again - and if you see some comment it makes you impulsively want to reply - which then will make you feel how tired you are of the topic again - gosh....it goes on and on doesn't it? :rolleyes:

#29 stevewf1

stevewf1

• 3,259 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 20:57

Originally posted by whoisjohngalt

if you really are tired of this (as i am), then stop making a thread out of it - a thread which inevitably forces you to check the topic again to see if there are comments - which then forces you to reply - which in turn makes you dwell on the subject again - and then maybe in time you will see an article similar to this again - which will make you feel how sick you are of it again - and such sentiments will make you feel its compulsary to say it to the whole BB - so you will make a topic about it again - which you will maybe forced to look at again - and if you see some comment it makes you impulsively want to reply - which then will make you feel how tired you are of the topic again - gosh....it goes on and on doesn't it? :rolleyes:

You should e-mail this to Alonso himself... :)

Alonso is starting to show some real signs of a complete meltdown here and I, for one, want to see if it actually happens... :eek:

#30 Sarkon

Sarkon

• 377 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 21:04

Originally posted by Wouter

Bah, you never know, he used to say the same kind of things even at Renault - in 2004 and in 2006. It's how he is. After his first complaint that Trulli got all the development, he still went on to win 2 titles with Renault and his options outside McLaren are limited. BMW seems out of the question, Ferrari and Alonso aren't big friends either (and they would just repeat what happened at McLaren, regardless of whether Massa or Raikkonen is the other driver). Renault, perhaps Toyota or even Prodrive (effectively a second McLaren structure) seem like the only - quite meagre - alternatives.

Sure, but he had Flavio behind him at this situations, this is not the case anymore.

#31 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 62,347 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 21:04

If he did do all that, I guess you could draw analogies between his situation and that of Mario Andretti vs. Ronnie Peterson in 1978... But ultimately, Alonso knew about Mclaren's emphasis on unconditional equality, and he still signed up. Regardless of the rights or wrongs of this situation, complaining will only exacerbate his problems.

And looking at the long view, as Rosberg, Kubica, Hamilton, Piquet and Kovalainen establish themselves and join Raikkonen, Massa and others at the top, at this rate who's going to want a disruptive moaner like Alonso leading their team?

He's on a slippery slope - if he gets beaten by Hamilton, he'll stop being fashionable, if he moans and disrupts, he'll stop being popular, he commands a huge salary, and 5 years down the line, he's Jacques Villeneuve, racing trucks.

#32 Cojayar

Cojayar

• 1,617 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 21:06

Copy & Paste & Translate. This is what a journo has to do nowadays to get his money at month end.

And you believe all you read. OK. Only if it fits your plan. :rotfl:

#33 Big Block 8

Big Block 8

• 2,423 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 21:08

Originally posted by VoidNT

I'm wondering that 0.6 secs too. Compared with what? December and today? And none of it was due to general development pace of the engineering team? Or De la Rosa? Or Hamilton?

It really sounds like Alonso is starting to lose it, big time. :(

#34 Cojayar

Cojayar

• 1,617 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 21:09

This is news and not gossip. Real interviews.

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/61739

To quota other media (copying from an internet site) is purely BS. To comment it as the holy truth is plain stupid.

#35 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 62,347 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 21:09

Originally posted by Cojayar
Copy & Paste & Translate. This is what a journo has to do nowadays to get his money at month end.

And you believe all you read. OK. Only if it fits your plan. :rotfl:

Only Alonso said that to the BBC. Unless you're suggesting that Maurice Hamilton put his best Spaniard voice on and fraudelently ascribed remarks to our venerable World Champion.

#36 Trebor152

Trebor152

• 148 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 21:11

Originally posted by whoisjohngalt

Nah, I feel like if i bring it up, more people will agree with me. This effect will multiply into poupular oppinion, further denting Alonso's chances. Im just giving him a helping hand at what he seems to be doing.

#37 stevewf1

stevewf1

• 3,259 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 21:17

Originally posted by Cojayar
This is news and not gossip. Real interviews.

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/61739

To quota other media (copying from an internet site) is purely BS. To comment it as the holy truth is plain stupid.

I read it. Alonso somehow doesn't sound all that "convincing" to me (IMO).

This is going to be interesting...

#38 kar

kar

• 10,434 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 21:20

Originally posted by CWeil
He didn't give McLaren 6 tenths nor fix their reliability problems- that's just pure BS.

It's interesting that he's the only McLaren driver I can remember in the recent era who neither wore the post-race podium/press conference clean suit nor remained clean shaven. He's been scruffy the last few races.

Not that I particularly care, but they both seem like a subtle "I don't care" to his very image conscious boss.

He is almost wilfully disobedient, I'm not saying what McLaren ask of its drivers is sometimes ridiculous, but Alonso almost goes out of his way to publicly humiliate Ron.

#39 DEVO

DEVO

• 2,637 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 21:27

Wow... I can't believe people don't see the favoritism being payed towards Hamilton and not Alonso. I believe that is what Alonso is referring to. I agree that Alonso should be quiet about it because he comes off a bit as a cry baby but give the guy a break. Look how happy the team gets when Hamilton does something, compared to an equal feet by Alonso. It's night and day.

Advertisement

#40 snx843

snx843

• 855 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 21:36

Whining bitch.

#41 RuB

RuB

• 967 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 21:36

am i the only one who doubts about this??

I dont see FA saying something like that but if he said that... :down:

#42 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 62,347 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 21:39

Originally posted by Fortymark

Does he mean as opposed to just Pedro doing the development, though? I can perfectly believe that with half the test data, the Mclaren wouldn't be anywhere near as fast as it is. It's a dishonest way of talking, certainly, but definitely true. Also Lewis just copies his setup, so his primary advantage of experience is effectively negated right there.

#43 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,341 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 21:49

He whines to much, this is why i prefer Kimi

#44 Lontano

Lontano

• 1,990 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 21:50

Originally posted by Mrv

And who did translate those documents from Italian to English? there you have your answer ;)

#45 BorderReiver

BorderReiver

• 9,957 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 21:56

Originally posted by RuB
am i the only one who doubts about this??

I dont see FA saying something like that but if he said that... :down:

Are you kidding? The man who announced to the press that the Renault team, with whom he won two World Titles and who built themselves completely around him "Don't support me!".

He's a whining little bitch.

#46 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,266 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 00:27

I only have two things to say about this:

1) I don't believe Fernando Alonso made the car half a second faster, even if he himself claims so.
2) I still can't understand what exactly does he want from McLaren to feel sufficiently "rewarded". Notice he says he understands there is equal treatment and that is normal, he wants to feel "rewarded".

#47 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 36,777 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 00:37

Originally posted by paranoik0
I only have two things to say about this:

1) I don't believe Fernando Alonso made the car half a second faster, even if he himself claims so.
2) I still can't understand what exactly does he want from McLaren to feel sufficiently "rewarded". Notice he says he understands there is equal treatment and that is normal, he wants to feel "rewarded".

I think that Alonso sees it as a case of and wanting:

1) "Equal" treament
2) Equal "treament"
c) "Equal treatment"

He is so talented, that his constant whining makes him such a pathetic personality,he could won the Autoracing world for the next 10 season, if he had a more interesting side to him.

I think he is clearly the best driver in the world right now, but I dislike the his personae more and more as it develop in front of all of us.

:cool:

#48 klover

klover

• 3,862 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 00:57

Originally posted by KWSN - DSM

I think that Alonso sees it as a case of and wanting:

1) "Equal" treament
2) Equal "treament"
c) "Equal treatment"

He is so talented, that his constant whining makes him such a pathetic personality,he could won the Autoracing world for the next 10 season, if he had a more interesting side to him.

I think he is clearly the best driver in the world right now, but I dislike the his personae more and more as it develop in front of all of us.

Clearly as mud... If he is the best driver, he won't let a rookie be so close to him and feel so insecure that we are subjected to his constant whining.
We might as well claim that Lewis, Massa, Kimi (take your pick) is "clearly" the best driver in the world.

#49 gerry nassar

gerry nassar
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,912 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 00:59

Alonso is totally deluded. The car was designed long before he arrived at Mclaren. If anything he should have brought additional speed on track and so far thats not an area he has generally exceeded his teammate. I cant believe he still goes on and on about expecting special treatment. To me this is a lack of faith in his own abilities. Alonso shut up and drive.

#50 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 36,777 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 01:10

Originally posted by klover

Clearly as mud... If he is the best driver, he won't let a rookie be so close to him and feel so insecure that we are subjected to his constant whining.
We might as well claim that Lewis, Massa, Kimi (take your pick) is "clearly" the best driver in the world.

"We" may claim any driver to be the best driver in the world.

Alonso to me is clearly the best driver in the world.

Feel free to disagree.