Photo

Kimi vs. Massa scoreboard vol. 2

• Please log in to reply
2630 replies to this topic

Poll: Kimi vs. Massa scoreboard vol. 2 (203 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Massa has learned from his mistakes and wins the championship. (19 votes [9.36%])

Percentage of vote: 9.36%

2. Kimi has grown as champion and dominates Massa. (93 votes [45.81%])

Percentage of vote: 45.81%

3. It'll be close fight, but Kimi is the one who deliveres in the end, again. (69 votes [33.99%])

Percentage of vote: 33.99%

4. It could turn out either way. (22 votes [10.84%])

Percentage of vote: 10.84%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mauseri

Mauseri

• 7,644 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 19:55

CORRECTION TO POLL. OPTION 1 SHOULD BE: Massa has learned from his mistakes and beats Kimi convincingly!

In 2007 it turned out that Kimi beat Massa in the end, although it looked quite even for lot of the season and Massa had dominated winter tests.

Massa was still the jungleboy, hoping for better luck, or rather better driving management from his part. Kimi seems to turn out with solid results, even when he wasnt meant to.

Now that their second season together is getting closer, it's time to get this thread going again and predict. Dont hold your thoughts, write them, so that those can be used against you at the end of the season.

Will Kimi's gained experience with Ferrari and his attitude of never throwing in the tovel count again? Or will Massa have learnt from his mistakes and polished his skills?

Advertisement

#2 robnyc

robnyc

• 5,350 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 20:02

WTF? ..

I voted..

"It'll be close fight, but Kimi is the one who deliveres in the end, team orders would apply again."

#3 Panch

Panch

• 444 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 20:04

I think we should wait at least 3 month for this thread :down:

#4 Big Block 8

Big Block 8

• 2,423 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 20:06

Eventual percentage prediction:

1. 23 %
2. 45 %
3. 24 %
4. 8 %

Ok, a useless post but had to do it anyway. :)

#5 hello86

hello86

• 4,223 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 20:07

not again such a bashing thread :|

#6 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,218 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 20:11

Come on Micra, we're on holidays.

#7 Sébastien

Sébastien

• 1,267 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 20:13

Kimi dominates, South/Middle/Latin or even plain Americans have not been successfull in winning the WDC since errr 1991 ;)

#8 zeppo

zeppo

• 90 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 20:42

Last season Kimi came to Massa's team and won. In 2008 he will know the Bridgestones, he will know the team and the people and he'll have the confidence of champion. Based on these factors it will not be really close between FM and KR.

#9 Yellowmc

Yellowmc

• 2,057 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 20:51

I genuinely thought that Kimi would dominate Felipe last year, however the fiery Brazilian proved me wrong and at the same time, I had to change some of my opinions on Kimi.

However, I do feel that 2008 will be the year that Kimi will simply run away from Felipe and if Ferrari produce a great car, the rest of the field.

My reasons, there will be no issues about the team understanding him and vice versa, he will understand the tyres and the car much better. Plus, they can use his input to setup the car more for him, he didn't have that privilege last year as McLaren held him back far too long.

On raw pace, I believe he is better both in qualifying and in race pace but Massa could definitely beat him in qualifying. Kimi was poor in qualifying this year but look back to previous years and Kimi would often be the fastest over a single lap. Race pace is no concern, he is very consistent and can pull out hotlaps when needed.

The TC argument doesn't really interest me, Felipe has been a racer since an early age and driven without TC for a very long time. The only thing I see happening is that he will make more mistakes than Kimi, just like he did in 2006.

Good luck to both Kimi and Felipe, hopefully they will keep fighting at the top.

I am a Kimi fan but am not bothered to see Felipe win, as long as both give 100% and given every opportunity to race I am fine with it.

#10 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,744 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 20:54

Even by the end of the season, it was pretty close between Massa and Kimi. Certainly there was nothing between them in the last two dry races of the season. I would expect this closeness to continue into 2008 - if Massa has a little more luck and removes his (slight but significant) propensity for silly mistakes, he'll be a title contender if the car's capable.

#11 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 20:57

Why do you guys force something that could be enjoyable, to becoming unenjoyable? Why do you help promote the ridiculous theory that your teammate is your enemy?

#12 Tigershark

Tigershark

• 996 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 21:01

What will happen is that both guys will have a great time racing each other as well as the other 20 drivers on the grid, trying to maximize their score each race and be in the fight for the championship right up to the final race. And I am going to enjoy watching the events unfold. :up:

#13 Cinquecento

Cinquecento

• 2,163 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 21:50

Terrible poll. The only pro-Massa option is tied to him winning the championship. You know this will end up a +3000 post thread, and you decide to kick it off with a half arsed poll? Shouldn't your last anti-Brasil thread have taught you to stop and think? I ain't voting.

#14 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 21:58

Hammy will win the championship, with FA runner-up.

BTW mika_k10 Hammy never said "I'm cooler than kimi", that was a headline invented by planet F1

#15 man from martinlaakso

man from martinlaakso

• 2,773 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:19

Now KR will not be a new driver at Ferrari, and that removes the small edge FM had in early 2007. The removal of TC might also hurt Felipe more than Kimi. However, FM has shown, that he is a very capable time-trialist and I expect, that the qualifications will stay very even between KR and FM. If FM can qualify constantly ahead of KR, then the better race pace of Kimi will be nullified. Still I think, that Felipe has to drive closer to his absolute maximum than Kimi and this will produce some costly errors, which will turn the power of balance to KR. Kimi will be ahead of Felipe in the final points table, but KR's big dominance would be a small surpise to me.

#16 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:20

With no traction control, no launch control, and possibly no tire warmers; I don't think grid position will determine the order of the first lap.

#17 former champ

former champ

• 2,537 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:05

who really cares anymore? Not only is this thread ridiculously premature but, in all honesty, I'm looking forward to watching fireworks at Renault and possibly McLaren next year. This pairing will suddenly become boring for many reasons.

#18 speedmaster

speedmaster

• 3,742 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:14

Originally posted by Ross Stonefeld
Why do you guys force something that could be enjoyable, to becoming unenjoyable? Why do you help promote the ridiculous theory that your teammate is your enemy?

:up: :clap: :up:

#19 geGR

geGR

• 1,749 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:56

Originally posted by Yellowmc
I genuinely thought that Kimi would dominate Felipe last year, however the fiery Brazilian proved me wrong and at the same time, I had to change some of my opinions on Kimi.

However, I do feel that 2008 will be the year that Kimi will simply run away from Felipe and if Ferrari produce a great car, the rest of the field.

My reasons, there will be no issues about the team understanding him and vice versa, he will understand the tyres and the car much better. Plus, they can use his input to setup the car more for him, he didn't have that privilege last year as McLaren held him back far too long.

On raw pace, I believe he is better both in qualifying and in race pace but Massa could definitely beat him in qualifying. Kimi was poor in qualifying this year but look back to previous years and Kimi would often be the fastest over a single lap. Race pace is no concern, he is very consistent and can pull out hotlaps when needed.

The TC argument doesn't really interest me, Felipe has been a racer since an early age and driven without TC for a very long time. The only thing I see happening is that he will make more mistakes than Kimi, just like he did in 2006.

Good luck to both Kimi and Felipe, hopefully they will keep fighting at the top.

:up: :up: These are my predictions/sentiments too, saves me the typing-I could not really warm up to any of the poll options, though, that's why I didn't vote.

Advertisement

#20 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 13:49

What do Massa and jungleboy have to do with each other?

It will be close again and can go either way. I think the first 4 or 5 races will be crucial to determine how the season will develop. Will Ferrari be dominant? Will both cars be perfectly reliable? Will Raikkonen get a distinct edge in qualifying?

Honestly, there are simply to many unanswered questions to make any prediction better than a simple guess.

#21 Kooper

Kooper

• 2,189 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 15:17

my biggest knock against Massa is he has not shown very good race-craft. His wins come from the pole (where he decisively beat Kimi this year) or not at all. I don't expect Kimi to be as weak in qualifying in '08, so I predict the reigning WDC to tally at least 20 points above Felipe.

#22 SchumiF1

SchumiF1

• 133 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 15:21

Kimi WILL NOT dominate Massa if he isn't favoured. If they are given equal status (unlike this season), then Massa will not lose out.

#23 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 15:22

:| :confused:

#24 Mauseri

Mauseri

• 7,644 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 21:41

Originally posted by SchumiF1
Kimi WILL NOT dominate Massa if he isn't favoured. If they are given equal status (unlike this season), then Massa will not lose out.

These Schufocos make me laugh :rotfl: Next you will say Schumi had equal status with his teammates :rotfl:

#25 speedmaster

speedmaster

• 3,742 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:20

Originally posted by man from martinlaakso
Now KR will not be a new driver at Ferrari, and that removes the small edge FM had in early 2007. The removal of TC might also hurt Felipe more than Kimi. However, FM has shown, that he is a very capable time-trialist and I expect, that the qualifications will stay very even between KR and FM. If FM can qualify constantly ahead of KR, then the better race pace of Kimi will be nullified. Still I think, that Felipe has to drive closer to his absolute maximum than Kimi and this will produce some costly errors, which will turn the power of balance to KR. Kimi will be ahead of Felipe in the final points table, but KR's big dominance would be a small surpise to me.

If, If, If... guys... seat back, enjoy a beer and wait until half of next season.... till there it is only a futile exercise of bs....

Cheers

#26 HSJ

HSJ

• 14,002 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 15:06

I am a Kimi fan but am not bothered to see Felipe win, as long as both give 100% and given every opportunity to race I am fine with it.

I agree with your post, although regarding TC I thought it interesting that Massa wasn't very enthusastic about lack of TC, while KR seemed much more positive. I mean their comments after first testing without TC. Not that I can be bothered to find quotes.

Too early for this thread, I think.

#27 SchumiF1

SchumiF1

• 133 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 15:22

Originally posted by micra_k10
Next you will say Schumi had equal status with his teammates :rotfl:

He pretty much did, although there's slightly more to it than just that. Not that you would understand. :rolleyes:

#28 jokuvaan

jokuvaan

• 4,091 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 15:29

SchumiF1, are you same guy as in f1network.net?

#29 metz

metz

• 15,871 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 15:43

Originally posted by Cinquecento
Terrible poll. The only pro-Massa option is tied to him winning the championship. You know this will end up a +3000 post thread, and you decide to kick it off with a half arsed poll? Shouldn't your last anti-Brasil thread have taught you to stop and think? I ain't voting.

:lol:
Yes, Where is the "Massa dominates Kimi" option? :smoking:

#30 F1Champion

F1Champion

• 3,268 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 15:51

Couldn't of said it better.

#31 Mauseri

Mauseri

• 7,644 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 18:36

Originally posted by metz
Yes, Where is the "Massa dominates Kimi" option? :smoking:

This poll is adjusted the likely result in mind. If 1.5 options isnt enough for Massa go cry me a river.

#32 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,218 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 19:34

By the way, I expect a repeat of the 2nd half of 2007: both right about even in qualifying, Kimi quicker in the races except for the odd round where Massa will be able to match him.

#33 se7en_24

se7en_24

• 18,809 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 19:41

Originally posted by F1Champion

Couldn't of said it better.

Yes you could.

"Couldn't HAVE said it better." ;)

(pet hate)

#34 metz

metz

• 15,871 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 19:46

This poll is adjusted the likely result in mind.

(Sort of like the FIA);)

This ruling is adjusted to keep the liked results in mind.

#35 Mauseri

Mauseri

• 7,644 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 00:04

I admit it though that there is a mistake in the options for pro-Massa. If you think he surely beats Kimi but still doesnt win championship, I hope you vote the first option anyway. That means, he dominates Kimi more or propably less.

Better option would be: "Massa has learned from his mistakes and beats Kimi convincingly!"

#36 Menace

Menace

• 12,799 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:19

I admit it though that there is a mistake in the options for pro-Massa. If you think he surely beats Kimi but still doesnt win championship, I hope you vote the first option anyway. That means, he dominates Kimi more or propably less.

Better option would be: "Massa has learned from his mistakes and beats Kimi convincingly!"

What do you really think would be margin of difference between this current poll and that option? 3-4%?? More? Less??

#37 Big Block 8

Big Block 8

• 2,423 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:16

Originally posted by Menace

What do you really think would be margin of difference between this current poll and that option? 3-4%?? More? Less??

About the margin my earlier percentage prediction differs from the current score. ;)

#38 Owen

Owen

• 13,178 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:36

It could turn out either way is what I said, cos it could. You never know what can happen in this game.

#39 molive

molive

• 9,799 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 19:43

Voted "it can goe either way", because....it can go either way!;)

I think it's pretty clear (despite the end result of 2007) that this duo is very close and each driver has its strength (you could say Massa has some edge on qualies and Kimi on races, but this is way simplistic, imo).

I'm sure KR x FM 2008 will be another battle decided by small details. If one of them get 2 or 3 DNFs early in the season, for instance, and the championship is as tightly contested as it was in 2007, Ferrari may decide to back one driver (not with better equipment, I believe, but on choice of strategy).

Advertisement

#40 giacomo

giacomo

• 6,977 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 19:44

This poll is adjusted the likely result in mind.

Well said. :lol:

#41 Brian O Flaherty

Brian O Flaherty

• 2,668 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 00:00

Massa had experience of the Ferrari setup & car last season for the early parts which Kimi didn't have. He doesn't have that advantage anymore, and Kimi showed his class in the 2nd half of the season. I predict he will own Massa next season. Massa's racesuit will have an attachment for a leash on the neck.

#42 speedmaster

speedmaster

• 3,742 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:06

Originally posted by Brian O Flaherty
Massa had experience of the Ferrari setup & car last season for the early parts which Kimi didn't have. He doesn't have that advantage anymore, and Kimi showed his class in the 2nd half of the season. I predict he will own Massa next season. Massa's racesuit will have an attachment for a leash on the neck.

funny....if not tragic :p

#43 speedmaster

speedmaster

• 3,742 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:09

Originally posted by molive
Voted "it can goe either way", because....it can go either way!;)

I think it's pretty clear (despite the end result of 2007) that this duo is very close and each driver has its strength (you could say Massa has some edge on qualies and Kimi on races, but this is way simplistic, imo).

I'm sure KR x FM 2008 will be another battle decided by small details. If one of them get 2 or 3 DNFs early in the season, for instance, and the championship is as tightly contested as it was in 2007, Ferrari may decide to back one driver (not with better equipment, I believe, but on choice of strategy).

Molive... you should be banned from this board.... since when there is a place for well balanced oppinions here?

Cheers :clap:

#44 Mauseri

Mauseri

• 7,644 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 23:40

Originally posted by speedmaster
Molive... you should be banned from this board.... since when there is a place for well balanced oppinions here?

Cheers :clap:

It's not lieing to not tell the whole truth. He forgot mentioning Kimi will surely be the winner in the end :)

#45 molive

molive

• 9,799 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 19:54

It's not lieing to not tell the whole truth. He forgot mentioning Kimi will surely be the winner in the end :)

That remains to be seen...;)

Cheers, Merry Xmas and a great 2008 to all! :)

#46 kekekeke

kekekeke

• 30 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 11:53

Massa will dominate Kimi next season.

#47 giacomo

giacomo

• 6,977 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 12:04

Originally posted by kekekeke

I would like to see that happen, but I seriously doubt it. :p

BTW: This your attempt to provoke is a rather see through one.

#48 kekekeke

kekekeke

• 30 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 14:13

We'll see. At least the rapid kimi fanboys will have no excuses like "different team, different tyres, car not suited for him, etc" if he has a poor start to the season like last year. I wonder how they will try to justify his performances. Probably blame it on the ECU but wait, Massa in the same car is outperforming him!

#49 SchumiF1

SchumiF1

• 133 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 14:16

I don't know if Massa will dominate him, but I'm sure if given equal chances then he has a very good chance of beating Räikkönen. The Finn is good, but he's no superstar and he ain't better than Massa.

#50 klover

klover

• 3,862 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 15:17

We'll see. At least the rapid kimi fanboys will have no excuses like "different team, different tyres, car not suited for him, etc" if he has a poor start to the season like last year. I wonder how they will try to justify his performances. Probably blame it on the ECU but wait, Massa in the same car is outperforming him!

Hopefully we'll enjoy more of the rabid massa fanboys suffering in 2008 :love: