Photo

1955 F.I.A. World Sports Car Championship

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 etceterini.com

etceterini.com

• 288 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 06:43

Today's sports car racing is so soft compared to this...

Posted Image

Anyone have the final standings??

Advertisement

#2 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 07:24

The Nürburgring race and the Carrera Panamericana did not take place. Mercedes-Benz won three of the other races, Jaguar two and Ferrari one.
Final points were:
Mercedes-Benz 24
Ferrari 22
Jaguar 16
Maserati 13
Aston Martin 9
Porsche 6
Gordini 2
Austin-Healey 1

#3 Victor

Victor

• 1,006 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 14:21

Take a look here:
http://www.wspr-raci...nf_ms_home.html
Cheers

#4 D-Type

D-Type

• 9,705 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 18:25

Beware of that site. It contains significant inaccuracies - for example the 1955 Venezuelan GP was never a championship qualifier. They are not interested in correcting errors and don't even acknowledge e-mails correcting glaring ones.

A more accurate site is This one which is maintained by an enthusiast who always courteously replies when I find minor errors such as typos.

#5 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,833 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 00:27

Originally posted by D-Type
Beware of that site. It contains significant inaccuracies - for example the 1955 Venezuelan GP was never a championship qualifier. They are not interested in correcting errors and don't even acknowledge e-mails correcting glaring ones.

A more accurate site is This one which is maintained by an enthusiast who always courteously replies when I find minor errors such as typos.

I agree with D Type. I have had similar experiences. I find Martin Krecji, who runs the site D-Type recommends, to be quite receptive to any input one can give, and he strives for accuracy.
Tom

#6 dretceterini

dretceterini

• 2,991 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 02:54

Originally posted by D-Type

The first site is the one that is also shown on Olczyk's www.classicscars.com :(

#7 Doug Nye

Doug Nye

• 11,535 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 18:15

I would thoroughly endorse the above - Martin Krejci's site is not yet perfect, but it is the most reliable sports-racing database I have yet found on the Internet. He does a superb job.

DCN