• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic

#1 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 15:19

http://www.fantasyra...php?ref=1018234

I have included a link to the site.
Choose your team within budget and win prizes each month for top scores.
I have won a dvd from here previously and no spam.
A bit of fun and for referring all i get is maybe an account upgrade or merchandise depending on how many so click away,

Edit - I have set up a league called Autosport F1 Go to join private league and enter
League Number - 56
Password - bulletin (all lower case)

Thanks,
k1ngy

Advertisement

#2 Chiara

Chiara

• 1,847 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 16:00

Do we need to join a private league or anything? :confused:

#3 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 17:20

I have set up a league called Autosport F1 Go to join private league and enter
League Number - 56

Thanks,
Steve

#4 oneGurneyfan

oneGurneyfan

• 53 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 22:28

Originally posted by k1ngy
I have set up a league called Autosport F1 Go to join private league and enter
League Number - 56

Thanks,
Steve

Sounds like great fun, hope to do some corresponding over driver choices pre-and-post race. I picked a team, Roswell Rising, and hope to join your private league.

#5 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 18,126 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 00:41

Im in sounds great :up:

Ill join your league k1ngy!

#6 oneGurneyfan

oneGurneyfan

• 53 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 01:43

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Now we need to start planning the pre-race party, I'm good for the avocado dip! :up: :up: :up:

#7 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 15:29

Cool nice to have you on board,
Come on people there must be a few more who want to join in the fun. 6 have signed up but there are only 4 in the league. We have our own little battle in the league plus depending how well we do our league goes up and down.
Ill warm some mini sausage rolls to go with that dip..

#8 Tifoso05

Tifoso05

• 137 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 16:10

Joined, thank you very much!

Good luck to all in this league :clap:

#9 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 14:15

Dont forget to sign up for the league also, details at the top of this post,
14 people have made teams but only 7 in the league where are you hiding :confused:

#10 rookie

rookie

• 417 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 15:14

I'm in...

Andrea Moda is back!

#11 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:22

Hi all,
Well we have a little under a month to go now and im sure there are plenty of more people out there who could join.
Its very easy and a bit of fun to try and out do your fellow forum buddies.

As onegurneyfan mentioned it would be good to get advice and support from others to try and work out a good team point and financially as this will also help the league to be better than all the others (You need to join the league seperately, details below)
with my team choice i have worked out that the first race last year i would have scored 409 could this be improved and what do others feel are the best combo's
Steve

#12 oneGurneyfan

oneGurneyfan

• 53 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 18:59

For K1ngy: How are we going to communicate between the players in the league, or, are we? This forum...email...please advise me if you have a plan.

#13 Chiara

Chiara

• 1,847 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 19:01

Originally posted by oneGurneyfan
For K1ngy: How are we going to communicate between the players in the league, or, are we? This forum...email...please advise me if you have a plan.

Do you mean communicate...or gloat? :p

Hopefully we can have an ongoing thread with results/standings etc if that's considered acceptable by the mods :up:

#14 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 00:30

Hi,
As Chiara mentioned i thought it would just be an ongoing thread here. Its easier to control and everyone knows where to come before and after races (most people would be here anyway.)
Hopefully the mods will be ok with this and if enough people join in maybe we get a sticky for the season :kiss:

#15 brett_sequeira

brett_sequeira

• 2,807 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 01:09

team hopping rhino lives again and im in the league

#16 plg101

plg101

• 60 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:43

Genius idea, thanks for organising.

Team Crash Bandicoot... :p

#17 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 18:03

welcome aboard (not really about boats but to tired to think of something clever)
More the merrier, still plenty of time for others to join or are you waiting for the testing sessions to make up your mind?
Just bear in mind if you get the same amount of points as someone else and you happen to get the most points that race it comes down to a tie break which can be based on position joining so join up now and change your team nearer the time,
;)

#18 polymath

polymath

• 912 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 18:18

Team Apollo

#19 oneGurneyfan

oneGurneyfan

• 53 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 21:24

Sounds Good, as in, Real Good!

Someone needs to bring up the rear, so as to make everyone else feel...............real good.....it may be a roll I'm doomed to live out, and just for said reason, was thinking of naming my team....Team Empathy....but decided on Roswell Rising (trying to enlist some help from "out there somewhere". At any rate, good luck to all.

Advertisement

#20 former champ

former champ

• 2,537 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:44

I'm in - Racers Edge. :up: :D

Good luck to everyone. :up:

#21 rolf123

rolf123

• 2,417 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:56

Looks like lots of people are signed up - excellent. I'm Scuderia Da Silva.

Can anyone give me some idea of what driver selection strategy to employ based on previous years.

Should you buy a couple of top drivers or just one, or none at all and try to get as many drivers as possible?

So how many drivers in your team for a winning championship?

#22 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 14:03

It has been a fantastic response There are 42 members in the league so far. I feel we would have a good chance but you cant tell what the other leagues have in them.
With the driver choices i feel it is entirely your choice. I try and use up the total budget that way you score more points. The actual driver choice can be a difficult one as you score big for position finished so one of the top drivers needs to be in the selection however with the season looking like a possible 3 way like last season this can be a gamble. I have edged my bets with Raikkonen and Hamilton but this means if reliability or a wheel touch incident my team suffers large for that race. I will see how they go for a couplke of races and then readjust.
The lower teams can be a good option for laps completed as a lot of them plod along and get the job done so you will get a score and sometimes you may get a bonus like the spyker coming in 8th in Japan or the Torro Rosso 4th in China but these were possibly due to the retirement of Hamilton and Alonso in those races.
I probably havent been very insightful but hope this helps

#23 former champ

former champ

• 2,537 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:42

I've locked in Raikkonen, Alonso and Nico Rosberg, for now anyway. Not sure how that will go, a bit depends on Renault and Williams. Alonso and Rosberg's qualities are without doubt, the teams less so.

#24 vivafroilan!

vivafroilan!

• 337 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 22:23

Scuderia Goatbelly (Raikkonen, Heidfeld, Button, Vettel).

#25 tukesh

tukesh

• 3 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 06:06

What about this new game....anybody interested:

http://pickem.revvs.net

#26 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:30

ok so we now have under 2 weeks until first practise and all the testing bar Honda is complete so have you been able to read between the lines of all the corporate nonsense and 'are they sandbagging' or 'i dont think we will be very good to start with' diversions to be able to pick the correct line up.

The mini league is looking very healthy and i think there is a strong possibility depending on peoples choices of cours that we could do very well but there is always room for anyone else to join.
After each race i will post details of league position and any other details.

There is still time to make changes to your team line up to if you are still not quite happy with the way your original line up acted during the last week.

#27 sweetreid

sweetreid

• 45 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 16:09

Autosport F1

Pos Team Name Latest Total
1st Bobs Cars Steve King 0 0
9th Hammies Wheels Steve King 0 0
10th Dee's Delights Steve King 0 0
11th Great British Racing Steve King 0 0
12th TyReece Bangers Steve King 0 0

Can we create as many teams as we like?

#28 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 18:06

You start with 1 entry, However if you refer :wave: to the site or donate you can get an account upgrade which allows 5 entries.

#29 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 21:54

Hello,
Time is running out now to get your choices made. There is 6 days, 1 hour, 17 mins, seconds to go until Friday practise1.
According to the rules on the site the deadline for choices is 17:00 Friday until after the race. In theory you could wait until after the first practise to get an idea of how the teams look however personally i wouldnt imagine they will give much away until Qualifying.
Be good to see how the drivers manage without traction control etc and also any new aero packages promised for Melbourne.
The league has grown to a massive 70 entrants which is more than i ever imagined :blush:
This will surely put us in very good stead for leading the pack.
If anyone isnt sure about how to play or what their choices could be let us know,
You can have a difficult choice to make - Do you go for a team with as many drivers as you can for 35million and get the lap points or choose an expensive top driver and get the bonus winner points with the possibility of that driver not finishing and losing vital points :down:
Good luck and happy choosing,
k1ngy

#30 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:18

Ok so the first rounds of practise are done and this season could shape up to be as exciting as last years. Both Ferrari and Mclaren look quick and possibly closer this season than last and were Redbull running light or are they going to throw a spanner in the works for the beemers? Toyota are also looking like they may be getting results for their NASA style budget while Force India look like embarrasing the likes of Honda and Renault.
There is still time to register and set up a team before the deadline tonight (You can still join after the Melbourne race if you are not quick enough however you obviously wont score any points for this race)
Dont forget to join the mini league.
Good luck to everyone who has joined already and see you back here after the race :up:

#31 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 17:17

Well what a start to the season. Wheel to wheel racing (sometimes a bit to close), overtaking, drama
and some new podium fodder.
The team scores have been updated on the website now and a member of our league has managed to
get a very respectable 24th from 2815 entrants ( I only managed 298th overall and 6th in the mini league),
The league is currently in second place with the average score of the top 5 teams taken, Our score is
502.20 compared to 539.00 in 1st and 486.80 in 3rd.
Quite a difficult choice to make based on today’s race as you would hope that the same finishing
numbers wouldn’t be repeated next week. This has quite a large impact on who is scoring and the no.
of laps raced was ludicrous.
Due to the lack of finishers and very poor scoring today there is no reason why people couldn’t sign up
still, so get over to the website, sign up and join the league.
You are now able to make any changes to your teams but all must be complete by 17:00 UK time Friday
21st.
k1ngy

#32 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 14:44

Ok so there is a little over an hour left to update your teams.
We still have a member in the overall top 25 of 3000 teams which is fantastic going.
Our league is still running in second but we are closing in on the top team, we are now 12.4 points behind compared to 36.8 after Melbourne and we are slowly pulling away from the 3rd place team.
Unfortunately my top place at the moment is 374 not such a great place to be but who knows what will happen in Bahrain - Hot and Windy expected on Sunday so its all to play for.
Good luck to all and dont forget to update before 17.00 GMT today

#33 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 18,126 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 19:35

Hows everyone getting on in the autosport league? Im 4th! :up:

Im 39th overall I think.

Just switched from Kimi to Lewis, wish I did before Monaco forgot about this league!

#34 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:07

Just some friendly banter! I setup the 'Sidepodcast' league that is currently number one in the Top Private League with 2927.80. 'Autosport F1' is second with 2873.80 - not a lot in it at the moment and I expect it to go to the wire all through the season!

#35 donald29

donald29

• 129 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:55

#36 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:36

Originally posted by dank
Just some friendly banter! I setup the 'Sidepodcast' league that is currently number one in the Top Private League with 2927.80. 'Autosport F1' is second with 2873.80 - not a lot in it at the moment and I expect it to go to the wire all through the season!

I believe we are now top and still close - as thrilling a race to the end as Hammy, Massa and Raikkonen lol

I just want to apologise to all for not keeping updated on whats going on with the league but my work and private life have been absolutely manic. I will post details regarding results etc on Monday.
Good luck all and hope everyone is well :wave:

#37 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:06

Yeah noticed the Autosport league had overtaken Sidepodcast recently. Your lot seem to have shot ahead of us by quite a few points after Spa. Still, with five races to go it'll be interesting to see how it all pans out.

#38 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 18,126 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:48

Down to 148th :|
... out of 3500 :)

Autosport top :D

#39 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 19:41

The top private leagues on Fantasy Racers currently looks like this:

1. Autosport F1 - 6,576.60
2. Sidepodcast - 6,543.60

I believe the gap between the two has been reduced a tad following on from Monza? Didn't make the effort to keep a record of what the scores where before. Only four races to go so might keep tabs on this.

Individually, I'm 174th with 6060 points.

Advertisement

#40 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 23:36

Your just showing off lol, My top team is 372nd and has been around there most of the season the other 4 are in the 2000 mark.
We have been on and off 30-50 points behind each other all through, again not kept a record of scores.
Not sure what will happen if appeal is successful for Hammie tomorrow. I will contact the site now.

#41 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 19:36

Results after Singapore

1. Autosport F1 - 6,998.80
2. Sidepodcast - 6,972.20

Gap decreasing ever so slightly. Made up 7 points or so.

#42 panzani

panzani

• 18,732 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 19:52

Management sims are not as fun as batracer, for instance, can be. Doing Practice, Qualifyng, Warmup and Races are much funnier, imHo. And we have plenty of Atlas people there as well, including a Atlasholics clan...;)

#43 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 19:54

That's jolly nice dear!

#44 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 13:13

Hi Dank,
You have read it wrong, you have jumped back into 1st place.
We need to keep our eyes on the road for the last 3 races. Check your teams people and if you have a lame duck in there dont forget you can change it up until the friday before the race.
It is close and the difference now of 26.20 points is easily beaten.
My personal top team is 14th our private league which is still 1000 points off our top placed man lol

#45 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 17:44

That's strange. I cut and pasted that from the league table on there yesterday! :confused:

#46 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:46

Hi Dank i think it was due to an error in posting points for Vettel so the site updated them and that means certain things changed.
We are some 50 points behind you now and i believe this is partly due to hamiltons poor performance lately.

#47 rookie

rookie

• 417 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:03

I'm up to 3rd! I haven't looked at our league for a while, that was a bit of a surprise.

Who is "It's only testing"?

#48 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 18,126 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 16:12

Originally posted by rookie
I'm up to 3rd! I haven't looked at our league for a while, that was a bit of a surprise.

Who is "It's only testing"?

:clap:

Thought I was doing well at 128th. Iv updated my team thrice thorugh the season I think.

Autosport have slipped back to second in the league title.

#49 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 18:10

Originally posted by k1ngy
Hi Dank i think it was due to an error in posting points for Vettel so the site updated them and that means certain things changed.
We are some 50 points behind you now and i believe this is partly due to hamiltons poor performance lately.

That would explain a lot! I think the creator of the winning league wins a trophy?

#50 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 16:42

An average of 32 points or so in it now...
1st	Sidepodcast	164 	7,887.40 

2nd	Autosport F1	94 	7,855.00