• 895 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:07

Good on Kimi! :clap:

#3 rye&ginger

rye&ginger

• 231 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:10

lol.

looks like the photographer was standing on the bag? Kimi looks down first then pushes him.

#4 D A

D A

• 908 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:12

Here is the view from the photographer: http://img233.images...konen1lgbv8.jpg

#5 pacificquay

pacificquay

• 6,279 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:12

The photographer was doing his job, and accidentally steps on Kimi's stuff on the ground.

Kimi assaults him.

Basic thuggery.

#6 Drexel

Drexel

• 128 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:14

Disgraceful behaviour.

#7 Slowinfastout

Slowinfastout

• 9,681 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:15

Originally posted by D A
Here is the view from the photographer: http://img233.images...konen1lgbv8.jpg

Sad story, but that picture :rotfl:

#8 kar

kar

• 10,434 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:17

Well the photographer was a tool, but at least he got a great photo for his trouble :-)

#9 Mika Mika

Mika Mika

• 6,752 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:17

Originally posted by Barri
Posted Image

Cracking pic!!! maybe kimi should do it more often!!!

#10 kar

kar

• 10,434 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:19

Originally posted by pacificquay
The photographer was doing his job, and accidentally steps on Kimi's stuff on the ground.

Kimi assaults him.

Basic thuggery.

Pushing someone off of your equipment is not assault...common kimi was acting like a numpty but calling that assault is a bit much :-)

#11 ensign14

ensign14

• 62,007 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:20

Shame it wasn't Hamilton doing the pushing. Then we could have enjoyed a 57 page thread on why he should be banned for life and McLaren expelled from the world title race for the next forty years.

But, hey, Kimi drives a Ferrari, which means he is angelic.

#12 ensign14

ensign14

• 62,007 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:20

Originally posted by kar

Pushing someone off of your equipment is not assault...common kimi was acting like a numpty but calling that assault is a bit much :-)

No, assault is merely putting someone in fear of a battery. Pushing someone is indeed a battery.  ;)

#13 djellison

djellison

• 1,726 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:22

Sad to see really. I thought that whilst devoid of entertaining personality, at least Kimi was Mr Cool calm and collected.

#14 pRy

pRy

• 26,356 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:24

Originally posted by ensign14
Shame it wasn't Hamilton doing the pushing. Then we could have enjoyed a 57 page thread on why he should be banned for life and McLaren expelled from the world title race for the next forty years.

I was thinking that earlier :) We'd be on page 100 by now. :drunk:

#15 kar

kar

• 10,434 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:24

No, assault is merely putting someone in fear of a battery. Pushing someone is indeed a battery.  ;)

Had to do some googling, as always you're right :-)

Learn something new everyday I guess :) I wonder if the photographer has a bruised bottom kimi will have caused actual bodily harm or something :) Maybe McLaren should press for charges and get him tied up for the German Grand Prix.

#16 silver fan

silver fan

• 3,111 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:26

Considering the guy was effictivly standing on Raikkonen's kit bag then he was asking for trouble, so no harm no foul.

#17 Torch

Torch

• 254 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:27

Pretty disgraceful, but amusing nontheless :p

#18 kar

kar

• 10,434 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:28

Originally posted by silver fan
Considering the guy was effictivly standing on Raikkonen's kit bag then he was asking for trouble, so no harm no foul.

Not effectively, he was.

#19 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

This isn't like Kimi at all. Perhaps he mistook the photographer for a marshall?

Advertisement

#20 Mauseri

Mauseri

• 7,644 posts

Better to push the arrogant photographer away than ask him to **** off.

Kimi :up:

#21 Mika Mika

Mika Mika

• 6,752 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:29

i thought somone else was kneeling behind the photographer, you know the old trick???????

#22 archstanton

archstanton

• 425 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:30

if it wasn't for that visor-latch blocking the other eye, he'd probably win a few awards with that shot.

very poor behaviour, what's wrong with saying "excuse me" ... i'm sure that's what Heikki the Niceman would have done.

picking on people that can't fight back (access to that FIA photo-vest pays his mortgage), is the low actions of the spoilt bully. poor show.

he might want to remember that all those logos on his racesuit, that fund his multi-million dollar lifestyle, and allow him to play at racing-cars, only exist becuase of the cameras and the photographers.

hopefully some pap with a long lens catches kimi banging someone he shouldn't, karma's a bitch.

#23 bond

bond

• 2,554 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:31

Originally posted by kar

Not effectively, he was.

How do you know that.
It doesn't show in the video .
Do you have some proof?

#24 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:34

Some of these photographers are really pushy. This one came and stood in front of the video-ing youtube guy, right on top of kimi, you can see where his feet are after he's gone over. So serve him right! He should have his accreditatioin pulled for next year.

#25 senna da silva

senna da silva

• 5,750 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:37

:rotfl:

#26 Mauseri

Mauseri

• 7,644 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:41

Originally posted by archstanton
he might want to remember that all those logos on his racesuit, that fund his multi-million dollar lifestyle, and allow him to play at racing-cars, only exist becuase of the cameras and the photographers.

Maybe some of these logos are there because of his down to earth attitude? Would you never consider to push someone away, who is getting disturbingly close without your acceptance?

#27 Dolph

Dolph

• 12,193 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:42

Originally posted by kar

Not effectively, he was.

He most certainly was not.

#28 Niro

Niro

• 214 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:43

Well, its one for the money,
Two for the show,
Three to get ready,
Now go, cat, go.

But dont you step on my red suede shoes.
You can do anything but lay off of my red suede shoes.

Well, you can knock me down,
Step in my face,
Slander my name
All over the place.

Do anything that you want to do, but uh-uh,
Dude, lay off of my shoes
Dont you step on my red suede shoes.

You can burn my house,
Steal my car,
Drink my liquor
From an old fruitjar.

Do anything that you want to do, but uh-uh,
Dude, lay off of my shoes
Dont you step on my red suede shoes.

#29 Aubwi

Aubwi

• 453 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:49

You can't draw any conclusions from that photograph. ;)

#30 Henrik B

Henrik B

• 2,861 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:53

very poor behaviour, what's wrong with saying "excuse me" ... i'm sure that's what Heikki the Niceman would have done.

The photographer first almost hit Kimi with the lens, and stands on top of Kimis stuff. Given the perfect opportunity... I would have pushed him awell.

Somehow I doubt the photographer said "excuse me" before stepping into Kimis private sphere.

#31 JForce

JForce

• 13,847 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:55

Can't watch the youtube vid at work, but I gave Montoya plenty for being a dick with that photographer years ago, so same goes here. No real need to push someone over :down:

As ensign said, if it was Lewis, (can you imagine if it was MS!) then there'd be outrage.

Poor form kimi :down:

#32 potmotr

potmotr

• 12,995 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:57

Total poor form from Kimi. :down: From the same driver who thinks shoving marshals is acceptable. He needs to grow up. The Press have a job to do as much as he does.

#33 alg7_munif

alg7_munif

• 1,937 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:59

I doubt that the picture above is the picture when he was pushed. This is actually the correct picture:
Posted Image

#34 Mauseri

Mauseri

• 7,644 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 23:02

I think the first picture is why he pushed. The pushing isnt really anything different from safety guards pushing people from trying to get too close...

Get a lilfe...

#35 Motormedia

Motormedia

• 2,024 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 23:03

Disgraceful behavior on Kimis part and how anybody can think the photographer is fair game because he accidentally happens to step on Kimis equipment is beyond me. Kimi is a bully. He got the opportunity to shove someone he could shove without a risk. You think he would have pushed Bernie Ecclestone if he had happened to step on Kimis gear? A pity. I've been spending the last year and a half actually starting to like Kimis attitude. I regret that.

Motormedia

#36 archstanton

archstanton

• 425 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 23:04

Originally posted by Henrik Brodin

The photographer first almost hit Kimi with the lens, and stands on top of Kimis stuff. Given the perfect opportunity... I would have pushed him awell.

Somehow I doubt the photographer said "excuse me" before stepping into Kimis private sphere.

yes, and given the opportunity, anyone shoving me on my arse, i'd have got up and put his lights out. he'd have went down like a sack of **** ... i'd panel him.

the photographer didn't go near him, other than the standard wide-angle, fill flash shot that gets taken a million times a year, and shows up on the calendars that kimi helps himself to a percentage of, mostly bought by the kind of fan/saps that line up to defend a bully assaulting someone going about their job.

kimi has no private sphere on an F1 grid ... he lost that when he signed a 51million dollar a year contract, a contract financed exclusively from media and publicity. he'll try that **** with someone serious one day and come a right cropper

#37 tahadar

tahadar

• 499 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 23:10

sums it up quite well imo

#38 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 23:10

Pushy photographer got pushed. Served him right. They should know where the limits are.

#39 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 23:12

Originally posted by undersquare
They should know where the limits are.

So where are they?

Advertisement

#40 rolf123

rolf123

• 2,417 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 23:12

kimi has no private sphere on an F1 grid ... he lost that when he signed a 51million dollar a year contract

You're obviously jealous. What does money have to do with it?

#41 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 23:16

Originally posted by Buttoneer
So where are they?

Well, I would say the distance the video guy and all the other photographers are. Looked like 2-3 metres.

#42 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 23:20

Well, I would say

Exactly my point.

#43 Mauseri

Mauseri

• 7,644 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 23:23

So where are they?

Certainly not within 30cm...

The driver needs at least 1.5m when preparing to race. I think there are many drivers who dont allow unauthorized people near them.

#44 Motormedia

Motormedia

• 2,024 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 23:25

Well, I would say the distance the video guy and all the other photographers are. Looked like 2-3 metres.

What planet are you from? I have taken photos on the grid of some quite big events and I've been a lot closer than 2-3 meters and that goes for a lot of my colleagues too. The only limit that was crossed was by Kimi. Besides, it is Kimi who leans into the camera. It was an accident and no need for shoving.

Motormedia

#45 Motormedia

Motormedia

• 2,024 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 23:26

Originally posted by micra_k10

Certainly not within 30cm...

The driver needs at least 1.5m when preparing to race. I think there are many drivers who dont allow unauthorized people near them.

Wow, I need to check that next time I'm working.

Motormedia

#46 archstanton

archstanton

• 425 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 23:26

Originally posted by rolf123

You're obviously jealous. What does money have to do with it?

it's not about me, it's about a bully pushing someone around because he can get away with it. would he have pushed luca over if he had accidentally stood on his bag.

the money is the whole ****in point, are you joking?
where exactly do you think each of those 51million comes from, out of the goodness of Philip Morris/Etihad/Shell stockholders heart ... they only pay that money because of the coverage. his choice to sign that contract makes him a public figure, and a promotional tool, and his responsibility is to behave appropriately to the "little people" that effectively are paying his wages.

no photos, no show, it's that easy,
and it's unbelievable that i had to waste a paragraph explaining that.

but **** all that, you don't push people about just because you are rich and famous, that's the behaviour of a *******, he needs an attitude adjustment.

#47 kar

kar

• 10,434 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 23:27

Originally posted by Motormedia

What planet are you from? I have taken photos on the grid of some quite big events and I've been a lot closer than 2-3 meters and that goes for a lot of my colleagues too. The only limit that was crossed was by Kimi. Besides, it is Kimi who leans into the camera. It was an accident and no need for shoving.

Motormedia

It wasn't an accident it was incompetence (on the photographer's part).

But still, there _was_ no need for shoving.

As for feeling sorry for the photographer...it's harder to feel sorry for them at the best of times but particularly when they are displaying zero awareness of their environment.

#48 Frans

Frans

• 8,753 posts

:lol: :rotfl: :lol:

Kimi :up:

#49 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Exactly my point.

That they're not precisely defined, you mean? I would think the standard would certainly include "don't get in the drivers' way on the grid", and "don't stand on the teams' equipment" :p

If you stop the video at about 5-6 seconds you can see all the other photographers are in a circle around kimi, close but at a reasonable distance, and he was inside that circle, having seflishly pushed in.

#50 Sébastien

Sébastien

• 1,267 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 23:29

yes, and given the opportunity, anyone shoving me on my arse, i'd have got up and put his lights out. he'd have went down like a sack of **** ... i'd panel him.

Yeah right alas not everybody is a big bad internet hero like archstanton :rolleyes:

Anyway, just shows that there's too much people on the F1 grid, who needs 500 photographers taking the same pics or the many many "VIPS".
Just let the drivers get ready in peace and quiet, there's no need for all those people to be on the grid.

Because of incidents like this, it might be very well possible that next race Kimi or other drivers have two security types with them on the grid pushing intrusive idiots away for them.
Or they might go the MotoGP route and erect a silly little fence around the car and driver on the grid.