Homepage with lap charts

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 GitarreroNils

GitarreroNils

• 35 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 00:43

Hey everyone,

Are there any homepages, which contain the lap charts of all the GP's from 1950 - today. I remember being on one site and reading the lap charts from the year 1977 or something. Don't know if it contained just a specific number of years nor do I remember if it was in english or another language. I actually marked it as a Favourite in my Mozilla, but then my Hard Disk crashed and I can't remember the site!! Also I used the Search BB function, but found out nothing.

I would be extremely happy, if someone could help me!!!

Bernard Cahier allegedly uses lap charts from all Grand Prix's in his now-updated book "The Great Encyclopedia of Formula 1". Does anyone have the updated version and can tell me, if he/she could recommend it to me?? Did he also correct some flaws he allegedly had made in it??

Thank you in advance

Greetings, Nils :)

Advertisement

#2 Kvadrat

Kvadrat

• 982 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 03:56

Forix has all you need, I think.

Slightly off topic. I guess saying "all the GP's from 1950" you mean races counted for WDC. It's well known picture of motorsport history but I'm sure it's incorrect and fictious. I research not only what it used to be in reality but also why fantasy motorsport system is alive and popular.

Can you tell me, please, why for you personally Grands Prix of 1946-1949 or so-called Non-Championship Grands Prix don't deserve your attention?

#3 Agnis

Agnis

• 352 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:54

This site is even better than forix. It has more complete entry lists and lapchart for every race with some exceptions from 50ies. There are few mistakes in lapcharts, of course, but that's normal. Forix is the best source for results starting from 1981 because since then it has also time gaps for every lap, but before 1981 statsf1.com rule.

#4 Kvadrat

Kvadrat

• 982 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:09

Originally posted by Agnis
Forix is the best source for results starting from 1981 because since then it has also time gaps for every lap...

From 1982.

#5 Agnis

Agnis

• 352 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 12:34

Actually from 3rd round of 1981.

#6 GitarreroNils

GitarreroNils

• 35 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 13:59

Oh yes, Agnis, thank you very very much. This is the site I was looking for!! You're great.

I wish I could use FORIX, but unfortunately I have no Credit Card and I don't know anyone around me, who has one.

@Kvadrat: Please, don't get me wrong. For now I concentrate on just the WDC Rounds, but sometime in the future I will definitely deal with Pre-War, Post-War and Non-Championship Races, too. Of course, you are right. They are also very interesting, but at almost 23 I'm still a Freshman concerning GP History. So this will come definitely in the near future!!

Thank you both very much for your replies!!!

:clap:

#7 Kvadrat

Kvadrat

• 982 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 15:21

Thank you very much for honest answer.

#8 ralt12

ralt12

• 286 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 18:01

Taking this a bit further, is there a web-based source for tracking chassis numbers? I'm aware of the Autocourse source, and here http://pboursin.club...formule1/f1.htm ,but there are inconsistencies between the two.

#9 Rob Ryder

Rob Ryder

• 2,603 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 19:44

Originally posted by ralt12
Taking this a bit further, is there a web-based source for tracking chassis numbers? I'm aware of the Autocourse source, and here http://pboursin.club...formule1/f1.htm ,but there are inconsistencies between the two.

May I make a suggestion if you want to sleep at nights... don't even go there! I've tried :(

Ask Allen Brown, DCN and David McKinney about the authenticity of 'official' F1 chassis numbers :lol:
Rob

#10 ralt12

ralt12

• 286 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 21:41

I would think that you could get some consistency in results for the carbon fiber chassis. A lot harder to copy a proper tub.

#11 MODE

MODE

• 306 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 22:23

Even more interesting than the lap charts would be all the times, for each lap and driver in every GP. These datas have been published, I have some years (81, 88 for example), that would be good to have them in a site.

#12 Kvadrat

Kvadrat

• 982 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 23:55

Do you have 1981 South African Grand Prix lap times?

#13 Allen Brown

Allen Brown

• 5,540 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:37

Originally posted by Rob Ryder

May I make a suggestion if you want to sleep at nights... don't even go there! I've tried :(

Ask Allen Brown, DCN and David McKinney about the authenticity of 'official' F1 chassis numbers :lol:
Rob

Rob's right, it's a life's work.

I guess you've seen my site, OldRacingcars.com which covers the 3-litre period from 1966 to 1985. The numbers on there don't come from a single 'official' source but from the combination of many sources, including Motor Sport, GPI, Race Report, Autosport, Motoring News, Sport Auto, Autosprint, Autocourse, a host of books and a thousand phone calls.

Allen

#14 MODE

MODE

• 306 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 10:03

Originally posted by Kvadrat
Do you have 1981 South African Grand Prix lap times?

Sorry, my mistake, I have 82, 84, 86, 87, 88 and 1990. Those are big books, published by Olivetti, with times for all the laps during GP week ends, with also trap speeds. Unfortunately, they don't have sector times (from 1988 for European GP). I began to show trap speeds with 89 and 84 years, I put Qualifications and Warm up Trap speeds for 1984 (remember extra boost engines for Qualify) :
http://www.gurneyfla...trapspeeds.html