Photo

Shelsley Walsh 100th - August 2005. DVD out now

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Toby Moody

Toby Moody

• 60 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 11:27

SHELSLEY WALSH 100th ANNIVERSARY DVD / VIDEO - OUT NOW!

Hello Nostalgia members.

I have asked Mr Twin Window if this is possible, and he has kindly accepted that I let you all know about the DVD we have produced; so here we are:

Following the 100th Anniversary Celebration at Shelsley Walsh in August 2005, the M.A.C. has produced a 110 minute DVD encompassing over ten days of action centred around Shelsley.

The footage includes a brief run down of the highlights of Shelsley history from 1905 to the present day before this year’s action of the birthday itself at the hill on 12th August, the Dinner in the evening at the Chateau Impney, the Classic Car run on Tuesday 16th, and then the weekend itself with the focus around Sunday 21st August with the best entry, the biggest crowd and God’s own weather to bless it all.

Produced by motor sport experts, Hay Fisher Productions, the DVD or VHS Video has interviews with the major players in Shelsley’s history, capturing their own special thoughts on the demanding hill as they prepared themselves in the paddock. The future is touched upon too with comments on the plans the M.A.C. has for the renovation of buildings at the base of the hill.

This is an absolute must buy for anyone who has been to Shelsley Walsh.

All profits will go to the future of Shelsley Walsh.

For your copy, send a cheque (payable MAC Regalia) for

DVD £17
VHS £16

(Price including P&P)

to: Shelsley Walsh Hill Climb, Worcester, WR6 6RP

For overseas – contact Roger Thomas direct.
secretary@shelsley-walsh.co.uk
+44 1886 812 211
SHELSLEY WALSH 100th ANNIVERSARY DVD / VIDEO - NOW OUT

Advertisement

#2 James Page

James Page

• 368 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 11:45

Good news Toby!

Does it include Martin Groves' record-breaking run from the Saturday? Me and my Dad (a regular Shelsley competitor until the mid-90s) couldn't quite believe how much quicker the top boys looked than how we'd remembered!

#3 2F-001

2F-001

• 4,245 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 12:42

Originally posted by Toby Moody
[B]...an absolute must buy for anyone who has been to Shelsley Walsh.

And, indeed, those who haven't, I would imagine...

#4 Steve L

Steve L

• 547 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 21:02

I'm halfway through the new dvd at the moment and enjoying every minute :)

There is some great footage of the anniversary event (including an awesome climb by the Napier Bentley - wheelspin & torque aplenty!).

Everything outside of the disk is a bit spartan (no booklet etc), but the action on it is well worth £17 of anybody's money ;)

And all for a good cause, too!

#5 James Page

James Page

• 368 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 09:36

But Steve, Toby, ANYONE - does it include footage from the Championship round on the Saturday?!

#6 Gav Astill

Gav Astill

• 239 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 12:27

If the DVD is anything like as good as the meeting itself, it will be brilliant

#7 Steve L

Steve L

• 547 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 22:16

Hi James,

The (rough) breakdown of the dvd is: -

*Intro and history (mainly a summary of last year's "99 Years" dvd) - 8 minutes
*Coverage of MAC members-only day - 4 minutes
*Coverage of MAC dinner - 2 minutes
*Coverage of MAC classic centenary run - 8 minutes
*Coverage of Friday/Saturday rounds (with Martin Groves 23.77 sec run + interview) - 5 minutes

*The rest of the dvd covers action on the Sunday

Hope this helps!

#8 James Page

James Page

• 368 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 09:24

Good man! Thanks Steve! :)

#9 Toby Moody

Toby Moody

• 60 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 19:24

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the DVD. Chris Drewett and I spent a great deal of time scripting and voicing... and even after doing umpteen voice overs as I have done, it took a little longer than expected, but it will be worth it in the future when we look back at it as a record of 2005.

Steve L pretty well sums up the running order, the Sunday part alone covers 93 minutes on his timings!

It is worth noting that the extra time taken on the DVD was due to the fact that we initially had 70 minutes 'booked', but in the end it rocks up at 120 minutes, some 50 more than planned, and all for the same price.

Sorry to use this as a plug (I've cleared it with the moderator !) but if you have not yet got a copy of the Shelsley Walsh August 2005 Centenary DVD, then buy one for Christmas, or get someone to buy one for you.

The main point is that the money from this will go straight back into the Future of Shelsley coffers so we can do another meeting / weekend such as August 2005 in years to come.

Can someone just organise the weather to be similar!

Thanks

TWJM