Jochen Rindt at Daytona 1967 24 hours

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rindt

rindt

• 10 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 15:59

Dear all,

I would need your help please. Jochen Rindt was driving together with Gerhard Mitter at Daytona 1967 24 hours in a Porsche 906, the carnumber was 51. Unfortunately I have never seen a photo of that car yet. Does anybody can help me finding a shot? It does not matter if Rindt is behind the wheel, I am even not sure if he drove it in the race, because Mitter had an accident, maybe they never changed the seat. But perhaps there is a photo existing from the practice with Rindt in the car. I look foreward for a christmas present and thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Erich Walitsch

Jochen Rindt-historian
www.jochen-rindt.at

Advertisement

#2 JB Miltonian

JB Miltonian

• 548 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 04:02

Erich;

The Mitter/Rindt Carrera 6 retired during the 8th hour, at 194 laps, so I'm sure that Rindt drove the car in the race. I've found several pictures of the #52 Porsche in this race, but so far I haven't been able to find any of the #51 car.

Apparently Mitter and Rindt also teamed in a Porsche at Monza and LeMans in 1967.

#3 ecat

ecat

• 44 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 00:35

Erich....I am checking our archives to see if we have any of the requested photos, but I am a bit doubtful that we have the image you want. But I certainly will try. You never know!

In the meantime, I am not sure if you are familiar with my company, Artemis Images. We are an archiving company and have some amazing images of Jochen (and Rindt related images....please read the captions). In addition, we just finished digitizing a very large original film collection and just today, I saw incredible footage of Jochen from the Watkins Glen F1 race in 1967. The quality is amazing....looks like the film was taken yesterday. Artemis Images will be posting film clips in the very near future. I will check to see if I can find the 1967 Daytona images...I certainly will do my best. We have millions of un-scanned images still in boxes.

Here is a link to what we have live to the site (so far) of Jochen Rindt images and a couple of my favorite photos:

Artemis Images - Jochen Rindt

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 rindt

rindt

• 10 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:27

Hello Ecat,

may I ask you if your mentioned film is ready to sell? I look forward curiously!

Regards,

Erich