1974 F1 paddock

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 VVickx

VVickx

• 12 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 18:37

Hello,

I am new here, so I brievly introduce myself :)
I am French, I live in La Rochelle (Atlantic coast). I am nearly 17 and I love F1 for 2 years (before, I juste liked it...) and since I discover the history of this fantiastic sport. I am now a real passionate!! And I collect F1 miniatures (1/43 and 1/18) I own about 60 F1...

I come asking a question (and I hope, more!) here because I saw you were all great passionates, and I like it.
And I know I can trust you for my demand, and I think you know more than me!

So, my question:
Very soon, the Depailler's and Scheckter's Tyrrell 007 will come (scale 1/43), and I decided to recreat the Tyrrell pits during the 1974 Swedish gp at Anderstop. I have all the informations (thanks to this forum, a video, and other people in a forum on the (great) website "F1passion". I know all about each practise sessions, so I can recreat the race postsigns of the pilots (on the drawing, it's the second practise session), I also know about the team Tyrrell clothes, Good Year clothes, etc...
So you can look to my drawing: this is what I will built:
Posted Image

BUT, something is missing: what is written on this four little white sinposts which are above the F1 (look on this photo):
Posted Image

I can guess "Embassy Graham Hill racing" but after?? And What for the other team?? I don't know what to think about it... :D

Thanks very much to you :)

Bests regards.

Victor

Advertisement

#2 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 18:53

Orange car Theodore Racing Team Ensign N 174 driver Vern Schuppan
White Car airbox nr 24 with red and blue slanted stripe Hesketh 308 driver James Hunt
Beyond the Hesketh I see some green and orange.......I guess March 741 ........
driver Reine Wissell or Hans Joachim Stuck depending on the race.

I think the signs over the pits will say something to designate and allot the space
to the teams and drivers

I'd like to see a photo when you've finished Victor.

#3 Rob Ryder

Rob Ryder

• 2,603 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 19:13

Victor
It says...

Elf Team Tyrrell
3 Jody Scheckter
4 Patrick Depailler

I have sent you a PM
Rob

#4 Twin Window

Twin Window
  • Nostalgia Host

• 6,611 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 19:16

Hi Victor, and welcome to TNF! :wave:

Originally posted by macoran

I guess March 741 ........driver Reine Wissell or Hans Joachim Stuck depending on the race.

It's Anderstorp, so it's Wisell's 741 - you can just make out the latter part of 'Västkust Stugan' on the cockpit side.

#5 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 19:20

Jeeez........ Twinny your eyes are better than my specs !

and yes Anderstorp R.Wissell car # 9

#6 VVickx

VVickx

• 12 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 19:21

Thankx for your answers!!

Originally posted by Twin Window
Hi Victor, and welcome to TNF! :wave:
It's Anderstorp, so it's Wisell's 741 - you can just make out the latter part of 'Västkust Stugan' on the cockpit side.

Yes it is:
Posted Image

And I want to correct something I said: it is not the second practise session I'd like to do, but the third!

About the photos, of course, but this summer! Because it's a lot of work, and the Schecketer's Tyrrell coms this summer.... And I have a lot of work at school, with the first part of the BAC at the end....

#7 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 19:27

Yes Victor welcome !!!
You mention a great website F1passion.........is that a French site ?

do you have a link to it ?

Success with your studies and your BAC !

#8 VVickx

VVickx

• 12 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 19:48

Yes Victor welcome !!!
You mention a great website F1passion.........is that a French site ?

do you have a link to it ?

Success with your studies and your BAC !

Thank you :)

F1passion (a great site! :lol: ) is a Belgian website (but there are mostly French, and also Swiss and canadians, etc).
It's about F1 miniatures, it is becoming a very complete website, and the athmosphere is veru friendly.

The link: http://www.f1passion...ome/default.php

#9 VVickx

VVickx

• 12 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 20:18

Originally posted by Rob Ryder
Victor
It says...

Elf Team Tyrrell
3 Jody Scheckter
4 Patrick Depailler

I have sent you a PM
Rob

Yes!! Yes!! Thank you, you're right!!! :D

I have this photos to confirm it:
Posted Image

One the top left, we can see the little white postsign, and we can deduce
Team Williams Racing
20 Arturo Merzario
21 Tom Belso

And on the website STATSF1 (http://www.statsf1.com/ one of the greatest website I know, there is ALL about F1 stats, it is very very very useful....And it is also in English....Maybe you know this website, but if no, go now!!!). So it says:
"20 Richard ROBARTS Frank Williams Racing Cars Iso-Marlboro FW Ford Cosworth V 8 Firestone
20 Arturo MERZARIO Frank Williams Racing Cars Iso-Marlboro FW Ford Cosworth V 8 Firestone
21 Tom BELSO Frank Williams Racing Cars Iso-Marlboro FW Ford Cosworth V 8 Firestone"

(Arturao took Richard's car...)

And thank you again, Ryder for th PM, all photos are good to take !

#10 Twin Window

Twin Window
  • Nostalgia Host

• 6,611 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 20:24

Originally posted by VVickx

Frank Williams Racing
20 Arturo Merzario
21 Tom Belso

;)

#11 VVickx

VVickx

• 12 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 20:29

Aho, you're right !

Everybody, if you want other photos, and if I am allowed to post pictures here, don't hesitate to ask !!

#12 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:43

Just watch the copyright issues Victor !

#13 Frank Verplanken

Frank Verplanken

• 378 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 14:35

Bienvenue to TNF Victor ! There used to be a time when we were only a handful of Frenchmen around here, so it's always nice to see some new ones come by :) .

And on the website STATSF1 (http://www.statsf1.com/ one of the greatest website I know, there is ALL about F1 stats, it is very very very useful....And it is also in English....Maybe you know this website, but if no, go now!!!).

I did not know this site and it looks decent at first glance. But to make a quick, and yes I reckon hasty, opinion on a F1 website I have my own technique. I just jump to the bio of Stefan Johansson (my all time favourite driver) and see if they get his British F3 title right - i.e. if they just plain copied the same ever lasting running error about it (1979 instead of 1980) or if they bothered to just take a look at the actual 1979 and 1980 British F3 results. Apparently they did not bother and copied someone else's "work"... :D
To me the best source for F1 results, pictures, analysis, etc. has always been and will always be www.forix.com, available in 40+ languages :)
Anyway I renew my warm welcome to TNF, the home of all the nicest and most knowledgable motorsports historians around. :wave:

#14 VVickx

VVickx

• 12 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 15:18

Originally posted by Frank Verplanken
Bienvenue to TNF Victor ! There used to be a time when we were only a handful of Frenchmen around here, so it's always nice to see some new ones come by :) .

I did not know this site and it looks decent at first glance. But to make a quick, and yes I reckon hasty, opinion on a F1 website I have my own technique. I just jump to the bio of Stefan Johansson (my all time favourite driver) and see if they get his British F3 title right - i.e. if they just plain copied the same ever lasting running error about it (1979 instead of 1980) or if they bothered to just take a look at the actual 1979 and 1980 British F3 results. Apparently they did not bother and copied someone else's "work"... :D
To me the best source for F1 results, pictures, analysis, etc. has always been and will always be www.forix.com, available in 40+ languages :)
Anyway I renew my warm welcome to TNF, the home of all the nicest and most knowledgable motorsports historians around. :wave:

Thanks again for your welcome :)

I think you are severe with STATSF1 !!!! So it means this is the only wrong statement there is there :lol:

But I will contact them right now to make them change it :)
I tell you on this forum when it's right!

About Forix, I know we can find beautiful photos there, and other great things, but it's not free, is it?

#15 BRM MICK

BRM MICK

• 79 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 18:29

Aho, you're right !

Everybody, if you want other photos, and if I am allowed to post pictures here, don't hesitate to ask !!

anything BRM is most welcome

Mick :wave:

#16 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 18:38

Victor,
A good site to see what others have modelled is

www.john-w.de/models

#17 VVickx

VVickx

• 12 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 21:06

Originally posted by BRM MICK

anything BRM is most welcome

Mick :wave:

BRM at Anderstop 1974... Sorry, I have no good picture of these cars. I have a lot more of the other races of the season (British gp). I put here two pictures:

British gp 1974, Pesca's car:
Posted Image

But I thik you'd rather go directly find what you wish on this website, it would be easier: http://www.racingspo...m/photo_f1.html
...But I thinkyou know this website :)

And I would have something to propose you: I have a video (in my computer) of the 1974 season, so I could cut it and keep the BRM "scenes" (i.e: J P Beltoise interviewed in Mosport BRM garage, talking about his accident! (he speaks french, but the English voice make me understand nothing :lol: ).
So you can send me a PM if you are interested, and I may do the work this weekend :)

Victor,
A good site to see what others have modelled is

www.john-w.de/models

I know this website ;) There's beautiful things there, and great 1/20 dioramas!!

#18 VVickx

VVickx

• 12 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 21:51

Originally posted by Frank Verplanken

I've contacted them! The are very rapid and nice, it's done :D

Stefan won the British F3 championship in 1980 now! :lol: