Photo

Eagle T1G Spa winner - where is it now?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GPLEagle

GPLEagle

• 88 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 21:59

I saw on the Gurney website that this car is now in the "Miles Collier museum in Florida"? (http://www.allameric...e_f1-photo.html - at the bottom of the page). Does anyone know if the car is still there, and where in Florida this place is?

I am planning a visit to Florida, and this would be way too good an opportunity to miss seeing the best looking F1 car ever!

Thanks for any help!

Advertisement

#2 Doug Nye

Doug Nye

• 11,535 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 22:59

Yes - the winning 'Mag-Ti' Eagle is safely ensconced within the Collier Collection Museum in Naples, Florida. I was there with it just last week. However, the Collection is not generally open to the public other than by group appointment. Try giving them a call and ask curator Scott George if a visit is possible. Tell him I said so...(might help - might not).

DCN

#3 Ralliart

Ralliart

• 669 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 02:58

I sat in that car so I have an attachment to it. In the late 60's or early 70's, I read in the paper that it was going to be on exhibit - that day - and it was very close by. I drove over to find NO ONE around with the exception of its "minder". I asked if I could sit in and he said, "Go ahead." I got in and sat in it long enough to fulfill all my fantasies (imagining myself on the grid at Spa and all that). A real trip.

#4 GPLEagle

GPLEagle

• 88 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 07:46

Thank you for the quick response. I had a quick look for "Collier Collection Museum in Naples, Florida", is this the same as the "Collier County Museum"? I can't find the name "Scott George" on their list of people?

#5 VWV

VWV

• 317 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 15:05

There was a group of TNF'ers that visited the collection last year. The story of that visit is told in this thread. http://forums.autosp...y=&pagenumber=1

I would visit again in a heartbeat, perhaps we could organize another TNF visit during Oct-Nov?

#6 Pedro 917

Pedro 917

• 1,767 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 16:34

Dan drove the car at Spa in 2002 to celebrate the 35th anniversary of his victory there. It rained all day but that couldn't spoil the fun. It was a day I'll never forget! I took "some" pictures, give me some time and I'll scan and post them.

#7 Antoine Pilette

Antoine Pilette

• 253 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 21:24

Originally posted by VWV
There was a group of TNF'ers that visited the collection last year. The story of that visit is told in this thread. http://forums.autosp...y=&pagenumber=1

I would visit again in a heartbeat, perhaps we could organize another TNF visit during Oct-Nov?

Me too! Althought I might be a bit busy last week of October :D