Photo

A new IMSA blog

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 AlexGT

AlexGT

• 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 13:18

I have just created a new IMSA blog three months ago. This site is dedicated to the IMSA Camel GT Challenge, a series created by John Bishop in 1969. This site is a tribute to John Bishop, and is clearly made to fill a big "hole" in the internet auto racing memorabilia. As we can find no serious material on the subject, I have decided to do it myself. It features stories, results, technical issues, pics, memories and more. I do have a lot of documentation about it and many drivers did contribute. Comments are welcome. I want to make it some kind of reference for the fans.

Please visit my blog here : http://alex62.typepad.com/imsablog

Thank you

Alexis Gousseau

Advertisement

#2 feri

feri

• 24 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 14:24

Dear Alexis Gousseau,

Congratulation, your site is very good!

#3 John Starkey

John Starkey

• 25 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 12:04

Dear Alex,

Just thought you'd like to know that, four years ago, I wrote and published a book called "Racing with a Difference-The History of IMSA" (Gryfon Publishers, 2002). It's long been sold out but you may find it useful if you can find a second hand example.

I took the GTP content and used that in our current offering: "Golden Era-The History of GRoup C and IMSA GTP" (Gryfon Publiers, 2006). This also may help you.

Kind regards,

John Starkey

#4 GMiranda

GMiranda

• 1,179 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 20:15

May I ask if this blog and the subsequent website are still active or on web-archive? They were pieces of art.

#5 E1pix

E1pix

• 23,472 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 20:56

The OP didn't even have the courtesy to ever check back after one, self-serving post.

Edited by E1pix, 14 January 2019 - 21:53.

#6 Jack-the-Lad

Jack-the-Lad

• 2,466 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 22:17

The OP didn't even have the courtesy to ever check back after one, self-serving post.

It's only going on 13 years. Maybe he's just been busy......:)

#7 GMiranda

GMiranda

• 1,179 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 22:45

I found it on web-archive. Believe me it's worth a good read.

https://web.archive....x62.typepad.com

https://web.archive....msahistory.com/

#8 E1pix

E1pix

• 23,472 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 23:22

Yes, complete with uncredited photos and asking for donations.

Do we really want to promote people like this? Maybe I should steal his text, add my photos, and ask everyone here to send money to cover my extraordinary efforts of passion.

#9 GMiranda

GMiranda

• 1,179 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 23:30

Yes, complete with uncredited photos and asking for donations.

Do we really want to promote people like this? Maybe I should steal his text, add my photos, and ask everyone here to send money to cover my extraordinary efforts of passion.

I think the text should be promoted, because I spoke with Mr.Gousseau and he did, effectively, a good job. As he was a complete amateur, committed a lot of mistakes, as I did too, but he was planning something bigger. Hoever, not everyone can take that step, and what remained is worth a read. I don't know what he's doing now, as I never spoke to the man anymore, but I remember his work was interesting on the day.

#10 E1pix

E1pix

• 23,472 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 23:47

You just don't get it.

#11 GMiranda

GMiranda

• 1,179 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 23:54

You just don't get it.

I have no interest at all on the project, just syaing it's well-written and researched.