Photo

Brooklands Reunion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 johnwilliamdavies

johnwilliamdavies

• 968 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 18:50

For those who may be interested here are some photographs from today's Brooklands Reunion. Next year is the centenary and the Brooklands Society are planning a special centenary programme. If your wondering, yes, there were quite a lot of people present, I just wait till it's clear to take the photographs.

Posted Image
Austin 7 TT

Posted Image
Darmont-Morgan

Posted Image
Napier-Railton and the BP Pagoda

Posted Image
Napier-Railton demo

Posted Image
Talbot 105 (Fox & Nicholls team car)

Posted Image
Amilcar and a Bentley

--------------------------
Welsh Motor Sport History

Advertisement

#2 RTH

RTH

• 6,066 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 13:25

Lovely photographs, thank you for posting them , its 16 years since I was last there, I really must go again soon, any tips on which days to choose and what to look out for ?
In 1990 they had only recently got the Wellington bomber in to a shed for re-construction, any pictures of that , how far did they get with it ?

#3 Cirrus

Cirrus

• 1,753 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 13:51

I went past Brooklands about an hour ago. There was a new sign saying

"Mercedes-Benz World - Opening Autumn 2006"

so, I Googled, and found this...

http://www2.mercedes...c/MB_World.html

#4 Rob29

Rob29

• 3,582 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 14:17

When was this event? I don't recall seing it advertised. I have not been for some years.Love the sign 'This way for the 1907 banked track' Hope something special can be arranged for next year which will be 100 years of british motor racing.

#5 johnwilliamdavies

johnwilliamdavies

• 968 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 18:13

The events at Brooklands are never advertised that well for some reason. It's a pity as it is an enjoyable motor racing/aviation day out so close to London/M25, it should be more popular.

Richard, yes, the Wellington is still there and it looks great, I'm afraid I didn't take any photographs. Concorde is the main attraction now, though it's shut for refurbishment until August or September, can't remember the exact date.

According to yesterday's programme 16-17 June 2007 will see a re-enactment of the Opening Parade around a full lap of the remaining track, and 6-7-8 July 2007 will be a celebration of the first race.
It's best to look at the Brooklands' website for forthcoming events. Brooklands Museum

------------------------

#6 johnwilliamdavies

johnwilliamdavies

• 968 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:34

This year's reunion is on tomorrow (July 26th), if anyone is interested. I'll definitely be popping along.

----------