* * * * - 3 votes

Adrian Sutil thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
349 replies to this topic

#1 StefanV

StefanV

• 1,214 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 13:24

A lot talk was about Massa, but if someone was under real scrutiny this weekend it was Sutil. After horrible performances up to now he had a lot to prove. And he proved to do the stupidest thing I have ever seen on a race track. Jeez...

Pity, I think he is a really good driver. But maybe not for F1. Bye bye Sutil :wave:

Advertisement

#2 Yellowmc

Yellowmc

• 2,057 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 13:34

Originally posted by StefanV
A lot talk was about Massa, but if someone was under real scrutiny this weekend it was Sutil. After horrible performances up to now he had a lot to prove. And he proved to do the stupidest thing I have ever seen on a race track. Jeez...

Pity, I think he is a really good driver. But maybe not for F1. Bye bye Sutil :wave:

I thought Alonso was to blame. :wave:

#3 StefanV

StefanV

• 1,214 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 13:38

Originally posted by Yellowmc

I thought Alonso was to blame. :wave:

The last move was made in desperation and disbelief, it does not count. I would give much money for a 10 minute video that starts when Alonso steps out of his car.

#4 Beyond

Beyond

• 403 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 13:40

I see no point in what you're saying, what stupidest thing :confused:

#5 Owen

Owen

• 13,178 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 13:50

I disagree. I see nothing that threatens his future in F1.

#6 le chat noir

le chat noir

• 4,661 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 13:58

what are you talking about? it hasn't been said here...

#7 Man of the race

Man of the race

• 1,570 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 14:03

Sutil :up: . Real racing instead of pussy cruising. It is not his problem if somene outbrakes himself.

#8 as65p

as65p

• 26,207 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 14:07

Until he does not come closer to Fisi in speed it doesn't really matter what other shortcomings of him are getting exposed.

That thingy with Alonso today didn't help, but if he would be matching or even eclipsing Fisi so far nobody would call his head for it.

#9 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,341 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 14:07

Force India are actually worried about him because he is struggling with the new rules, last year the team said he was fast as he would get the car in a straight line and just nail it and let the TC sort it out, but this year he try to do the same thing but looses to much time with wheel spin and traction on the exit, the team are not putting him under pressure tho as unless he does something really stupid they wont let him go

#10 as65p

as65p

• 26,207 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 14:08

Originally posted by Man of the race
Sutil :up: . Real racing instead of pussy cruising. It is not his problem if somene outbrakes himself.

Yeah, nothing better than the FP2 race. Might as well scrap the rest of the weekend... :p

#11 Music Man

Music Man

• 84 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 14:39

#12 Dragonfly

Dragonfly

• 4,496 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 14:42

It's Alonso's fault. Started his attack too late to be seen by Sutil.

#13 StefanV

StefanV

• 1,214 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 14:43

Originally posted by Music Man

Even in these times, FOM are acting incredibly quick

#14 StefanV

StefanV

• 1,214 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 14:46

Originally posted by Dragonfly

You would have been correct if it had it been an attack. But the key is "to be seen by Sutil". He was behind Sutil for half an eternity and Sutil apparently did not look in his mirror once. When you are 5 seconds off pace, maybe you should.

#15 Matti Poika

Matti Poika

• 94 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 14:46

Originally posted by Music Man

Can't see anything wrong with Sutil there, he was ahead and taking the normal line, Alonso outbroke himself then tried to stuff it up the inside..

#16 Man of the race

Man of the race

• 1,570 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 14:47

Thanky you for the video link. Looks like Alonso's fault indeed. But one should not blame him. It is called a practice session. One can try to improve his skills there. And for free.

#17 Panch

Panch

• 444 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 14:48

Alonso was pissed off because Sutil ruined his lap before the mainstraight, and he tried that desperate move at the end of the straight.

#18 Dragonfly

Dragonfly

• 4,496 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 14:48

I was going to write that maybe Alonso couldn't brake behind Sutil's car and it appears that just what happened.
See the other thread. Alonso's explanation is accepted by the stewards.

#19 potmotr

potmotr

• 12,995 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 15:30

Why are we blaming Sutil? Alonso has admitted it was his mistake under braking which caused the collision:

"I braked too close to him, I lost the downforce and locked the rear tyres," said Alonso. "I felt I was having a spin in braking, then I controlled the car and it was too late. I was into the corner with too much speed."

Advertisement

#20 StefanV

StefanV

• 1,214 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 17:23

Originally posted by potmotr
Why are we blaming Sutil? Alonso has admitted it was his mistake under braking which caused the collision:

Because Sutil should have let Alonso pass long before that incident. I knew it would happen before the braking zone. The actual accident was Alonso's fault, and I think it was big of him not to say anything, but Sutil should have used his mirrors.

#21 potmotr

potmotr

• 12,995 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 17:34

Because Sutil should have let Alonso pass long before that incident. I knew it would happen before the braking zone. The actual accident was Alonso's fault, and I think it was big of him not to say anything, but Sutil should have used his mirrors.

I think we're blowing this out of all proportion. Both of them have shrugged it off. Alonso clearly didn't care and neither did Sutil.

#22 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 17:47

what the f*** is your problem.... Alonso didnt make a big deal out of it. why should you? :lol: please, go clean up your room or something...

#23 BuonoBruttoCattivo

BuonoBruttoCattivo

• 4,430 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 17:53

And he proved to do the stupidest thing I have ever seen on a race track. Jeez...

I'm so ****ing sick of these newbie-trolls :down:

#24 StefanV

StefanV

• 1,214 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 17:53

Originally posted by glorius&victorius

what the f*** is your problem.... Alonso didnt make a big deal out of it. why should you? :lol: please, go clean up your room or something...

Care to bet on Sutil this being Sutils last race?

#25 StefanV

StefanV

• 1,214 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 17:55

Originally posted by BuonoBruttoCattivo

I'm so ****ing sick of these newbie-trolls :down:

Just curious, did you see the incident? I mean the whole incident, not the last 3 seconds?

#26 Group B

Group B

• 14,507 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 17:59

If that's the stupidest thing you've ever seen on a race track one can only surmise that you watch very little racing.

#27 StefanV

StefanV

• 1,214 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 18:02

Originally posted by Group B

If that's the stupidest thing you've ever seen on a race track one can only surmise that you watch very little racing.

It was practice. Did you see it? For the record - I think Alonso is the biggest clown in F1, after Mosley.

#28 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 18:05

It was practice. Did you see it? For the record - I think Alonso is the biggest clown in F1, after Mosley.

Now you've done it... Good Luck with the rest of your thread :lol: :wave:

#29 potmotr

potmotr

• 12,995 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 18:05

Just curious, did you see the incident? I mean the whole incident, not the last 3 seconds?

I've seen the whole incident. The first part of it was a non-event, the second a mistake by Alonso.
This is free practice, not qualifying. These things happen in free practice. It is no big deal.

#30 Schumeister

Schumeister

• 319 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 18:06

What ever happened previous to this crash is irrelevant, If some one slows me down whilst I'm driving and I crash into them from behind at the crossroad junction will the police blame the innocent driver in the other car?

Alonso has admitted he he took the corner with too much speed, now move on.

Mod's please lock this thread!!

#31 potmotr

potmotr

• 12,995 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 18:07

Originally posted by Schumeister

What ever happened previous to this crash is irrelevant, If some one slows me down whilst I'm driving and I crash into them from behind at the crossroad junction will the police will the innocent driver in the other car?

You can't equate road situations to those on a race track. The rules and object of the excercises are totally different, as we all know.

#32 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 18:12

Sutil was behind some other cars and slowed down to give himself space to do a hot lap. But he stayed on line, Alonso was behind him on a hot lap and was badly held up. At the end of the straight Alonso dived to the inside with no hope of passing Sutil, but - it seemed to me - with the intention of spoiling his lap, and he tagged Sutil's rear wheel with his front, enough to spin them both.

Mistake by Sutil/his team, loss of temper by Fernando. I don't think FI will be too worried.

#33 potmotr

potmotr

• 12,995 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 18:16

Originally posted by undersquare

Mistake by Sutil/his team, loss of temper by Fernando. I don't think FI will be too worried.

This is infuriating. No. One. Cared. It was at the end of the session. Neither car was damaged. Both rejoined. It was in practice not qualifying. Alonso and Sutil both dismissed it and neither of their teams mentioned it. These things happen in racing and occassionally in testing. We're blowing it out of all proportion.
What supports your "Alonso angry" argument from these statements...?

Renault
Fernando Alonso (12th, 1:33.755): "It has not been an easy day for us. We concentrated on preparing a car that is suitable for the race, but we were not especially quick and it was not easy to get good traction on the circuit today, and this is something we need to focus on for tomorrow. We do need to find more speed and we will try and do this when we analyse the data tonight."

Pat Symonds, Executive Director of Engineering: "In spite of the windy conditions, the circuit was not in bad condition today and we were able to start our morning programme earlier than we had expected. We concentrated on running with high fuel, particularly as this circuit is so demanding on the brakes, but the track did not give up much grip and there is still a lot of work to do on the balance of the car. However, we have amassed a fair amount of data, which we will evaluate tonight to help us optimize the car for tomorrow."

Denis Chevrier, Engine Operations Manager: "That was a fairly normal day for both cars and we were able to work through our programme without any interruptions or incidents disturbing the session. This evening it is necessary once again to try to improve the car and to make the most of what we learnt today, especially concerning the tyres and the usage with the traction that we have here. There is certainly some room to progress tomorrow, but we must take into account that our competitors our likely to improve also."

Force India:
Adrian Sutil (19th, 1:34.405): "The morning session was not great as the harder tyre was very hard and with the green track conditions it was difficult to get a balance. In the afternoon it was much better with the softer tyre and for the first time I could feel a real difference between the two compounds, which was a definite improvement. I am quite happy as now we know we can work with the tyres, we can improve tomorrow. It was a shame in the last corner that there was that incident with Alonso, but it happens. It seemed he lost a bit of downforce under braking and locked up the rear but it wasn't really a problem."

Mike Gascoyne, Chief Technical Officer: "A productive day evaluating the tyres and working on the race set-up. Initially the balance wasn't great, but this afternoon it improved and the cars were reasonably consistent and the tyre picture is very clear. With the new parts we have made another step forward, with both drivers having very good pace over the longer runs. Unfortunately however neither was able to do a lap at the end of the day on new tyres. Nevertheless the cars look very competitive and I think we can have a good day tomorrow. Both drivers did a good job and Adrian in particular felt more comfortable in the car than he has done since the start of the season, which is very positive for both him and the team."

#34 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 18:35

This is infuriating. No. One. Cared. It was at the end of the session. Neither car was damaged. Both rejoined. It was in practice not qualifying. Alonso and Sutil both dismissed it and neither of their teams mentioned it. These things happen in racing and occassionally in testing. We're blowing it out of all proportion.
What supports your "Alonso angry" argument from these statements...?

I'm not saying it was a big deal. The proposition at the top of the thread was that Sutil made a mistake big enough to threaten his job, I was disagreeing, explaining what I thought happened - he just didn't look out for Fernando when he slowed to make space.

#35 StefanV

StefanV

• 1,214 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 18:38

This is infuriating. No. One. Cared.

I cared. Not much really, but in the light of Sutils current situation within Force India it is neverteless an event. Had it been someone else or had Sutil been safe on his seat, it would just have been the small thing you that you think it is. However, I would have thought that the last few days would have taught everyone that what is said by people within F1 is not necessarily what they really think. So your quotes is a bit useless.

Another thing that springs to mind is how people on this forum so easily gets upset about other people getting upset over things that does not upset themselves. Not very constructive really.

#36 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 18:49

I cared. Not much really, but in the light of Sutils current situation within Force India it is neverteless an event. Had it been someone else or had Sutil been safe on his seat, it would just have been the small thing you that you think it is. However, I would have thought that the last few days would have taught everyone that what is said by people within F1 is not necessarily what they really think. So your quotes is a bit useless.

Another thing that springs to mind is how people on this forum so easily gets upset about other people getting upset over things that does not upset themselves. Not very constructive really.

how does it feel to stand on a beach of a little tiny island with 1 coconut tree in the middle of a huuuuge ocean, and scream for help and nobody hears you

you're so funny today :lol:

#37 Arion

Arion

• 2,444 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 18:52

What are people so keen to see drivers lose their seats after 2 races:confused: ....first Massa, now Sutil.

#38 mursuka80

mursuka80

• 5,106 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 18:53

nice gimmick you have :up: come on guys this dude is playing wiyh you :)

#39 StefanV

StefanV

• 1,214 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 18:54

Originally posted by glorius&victorius

how does it feel to stand on a beach of a little tiny island with 1 coconut tree in the middle of a huuuuge ocean, and scream for help and nobody hears you

you're so funny today :lol:

You have a strange attitude towards discussions. Is it a game where the one that gathers the most nods from the herrings that wins? Did YOU see the whole incident? Does not seem like that since you only comment on other peoples comments.

Advertisement

#40 StefanV

StefanV

• 1,214 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 18:56

Originally posted by Arion
What are people so keen to see drivers lose their seats after 2 races:confused: ....first Massa, now Sutil.

Don't forget Max ;)

#41 BuonoBruttoCattivo

BuonoBruttoCattivo

• 4,430 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 19:00

StefanV, I apologise for being such a ****. I didn't mean to attack u like this
You're 'prolly a great person but your thread is innane though...

#42 stevewf1

stevewf1

• 3,259 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 19:10

Originally posted by Dragonfly

That's the way I saw it... Alonso tried one of those "banzai" passes and it didn't work. What's Sutil supposed to do? Just disappear?

#43 Arion

Arion

• 2,444 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 19:13

Don't forget Max ;)

:lol: People have been keen to see him quit for some YEARS now

#44 marcoferrari

marcoferrari

• 2,008 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 16:01

This seems to be a loooooong goodbye for Adrian... :lol:
Anyway, here are some (I think) interesting stats:

Best RACE PERFORMANCES of Adrian Sutil so far /average racing position/:

01 GP of Italy 2009, Monza - 4,170
02 GP of Malaysia 2010, Sepang - 5,553
03 GP of Belgium 2010, Spa-Francorchamps - 5,886
04 GP of Monaco 2008, Monte Carlo - 6,373
05 GP of Germany 2011, Nurburgring - 6,416

Best RACE RESULTS of Adrian Sutil do far /position in finish/:

01 GP of Italy 2009, Monza - 4th
02 GP of Belgium 2010, Spa-Francorchamps - 5th
03 GP of Malaysia 2010, Sepang - 5th
04 GP of Europe 2010, Valencia - 6th
05 GP of Germany 2011, Nurburgring - 6th

Edited by marcoferrari, 14 August 2011 - 16:01.

#45 Jambo

Jambo

• 2,614 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 16:11

That's quite the thread resurrection...

#46 chrisblades85

chrisblades85

• 2,606 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 16:15

Slight bump....

#47 Andy865

Andy865

• 2,447 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 16:44

well worth it.

#48 Fastcake

Fastcake

• 12,553 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 16:48

There should be a medal for sticking some random stats in a 3 year old, not really related thread... :drunk:

#49 marcoferrari

marcoferrari

• 2,008 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 16:52

There should be a medal for sticking some random stats in a 3 year old, not really related thread... :drunk:

A thread called "Adrian Sutil" was closed a long time ago, so I chose this one... :) And I liked the "bye bye theme"... :lol:

#50 marcoferrari

marcoferrari

• 2,008 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 15:07

At least Adrian had a good race today... Nice job from 15th to 7th! Only 3 points behind Koba now... :up: