• Please log in to reply
513 replies to this topic

#101 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,127 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:43

Originally posted by Owen

You don't like Hamilton. We get that. :rolleyes:

Seeing as you reply without attempting to refute the point it might be safe to assmue that you agree that Hamilton should get the can!

Advertisement

#102 Owen

Owen

• 10,774 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:45

Originally posted by SlateGray

Seeing as you reply without attempting to refute the point it might be safe to assmue that you agree that Hamilton should get the can!

Surprisingly enough. No. I'm a big fan of Lewis.

#103 El_CapitŠn

El_CapitŠn

• 564 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 13:17

Originally posted by Orin
Sorry, but this is madness. Hamilton's transgression did not automatically lead to the vigilante act by Alonso which penalised both himself and the team, Alonso could have left it to the team to enforce discipline[...]

Right, and pigs can fly. Come on man!

[...]and speaking of backstabbing, shopping McLaren for using Ferrari data was a disgrace, especially when he appears to have been centrally involved in pumping Stepney for information, it revealed him as someone without honour. Ultimately McLaren are best off without the prima donna.

Excuse me!! Excuse me!! The crime was commited by McLAREN-MERCEDES. This is A FACT.

Alonso was used as the scapegoat of the whole situation. Which speaks volumes of Dennis and his gang of "criminals".

#104 Gecko

Gecko

• 800 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 13:21

Originally posted by El_Capit√°n
Alonso was used as the scapegoat of the whole situation. Which speaks volumes of Dennis and his gang of "criminals".

Do not confuse Ron Dennis with some of the more rabid Hamilton fans. Dennis never blamed Alonso for the spying affair. De la Rosa, who was even more directly involved, is still a respected and relied upon member of the team.

#105 Chui

Chui

• 1,032 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 13:23

Originally posted by carbonfibre
Last year he was the next god, now after a couple of bad races (both due to himself and just bad luck) he is worth next to nothing.

More a sign of the gross ignorance and stupidity of the public. :lol:

#106 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 8,361 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 13:30

Hamilton's stock has dropped since China IMO, lots of mistakes. His only high point since was Oz.

That said though after his amazing Fuji perfomance it could have only got higher by winning the title. Without that the only way was down.

#107 Galko877

Galko877

• 4,215 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 13:33

Sorry, but this is madness. Hamilton's transgression did not automatically lead to the vigilante act by Alonso which penalised both himself and the team, Alonso could have left it to the team to enforce discipline; and speaking of backstabbing, shopping McLaren for using Ferrari data was a disgrace, especially when he appears to have been centrally involved in pumping Stepney for information, it revealed him as someone without honour. Ultimately McLaren are best off without the prima donna.

+1 :up:

#108 El_CapitŠn

El_CapitŠn

• 564 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 13:34

How on earth do you manage this? You start off sensibly, but halfway through you blame Alonso's stupidity on Hamilton? Yes Hamilton was in the wrong, but NOTHING and NO ONE forced Alonso to react so brazenly.[...]

Are you kidding me? How about the WDC? In any case, why are you so quick to lay blame on Alonso's reaction and so blind to see nothing wrong in Hamilton's action? I mean, most of the Alonso supporters have no problem in recognising that Alonso did something wrong, but you guys are totally blind to Lewis' actions and reject any well-deserved punishment for what the Brit did that day. That day Lewis (and his father) deserved a good ass-whooping.

He simply shot himself in the foot. Alonso's petulance cost him a chance at the WDC, more than that it cost him the McLaren drive.

Fernando Alonso was the virtual world champion for about thirty laps during the Brazilian GP. What cost him the title was the Hungary debacle and the fact that Kimmy got an early Christmas gift from Massa.

That day Fernando showed everyone what a true champion is. He knew Massa would let Kimmy by. He knew Lewis would wimp out eventually. Even the people at Ferrari congratulated Fernando for his sportsmanship.

While this was going on Lewis was still crying in his car, wandering why he hit the wrong buttons. His father running around the pit looking for someone to blame his kid's "misfortune" on. At the end of the day, Lewis lost himself the WDC. Fernando was the total opposite: He got "whacked" big time by his team.

#109 Galko877

Galko877

• 4,215 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 13:35

Originally posted by kar
One wonders what the result of Monaco and Malaysia 2007 might have been but for 'team strategy'.

In Monaco Lewis looked very fast. In Malaysia he did the team job acting as mobile chicane on Raikkonen sacrificing any hope in hell of winning the race.

I'm not saying this is evidence of 'team orders', any more than the curious position shuffling in Brazil was of Ferrari's, but I think Alonso was the beneficiary of McLaren team strategy as often as Raikkonen was at Ferrari.

I agree. In the first few races Alonso was regarded as the Nr 1 driver at McLaren and he was handled as such. Also check out the Melbourne pit stop strategy of McLaren. To me that looked more team orders than Brazil at Ferrari.

#110 Ferdia

Ferdia

• 205 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 13:36

Every time I see Hamilton he is more "Lewis Hamilton the Celebrity" and less "Lewis Hamilton the Racing Driver."

Perhaps he will go on to win 8 world champions as the British media seem to think he will, but somehow I feel that when he did not win last year's championship, he may never win one...

He probably made the mistake of believing what the British media were saying about him; I certainly hope he will not make the mistake of believing what they say about him when they decide to turn on him.

Without doubt, he is the best thing that ever happened to Sebastian Vettel, Heiki Kovalinen and Robert Kubica, allowing them to develop completely out of the spotlight.

#111 El_CapitŠn

El_CapitŠn

• 564 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 13:38

Originally posted by Gecko

Do not confuse Ron Dennis with some of the more rabid Hamilton fans. Dennis never blamed Alonso for the spying affair. De la Rosa, who was even more directly involved, is still a respected and relied upon member of the team.

When I say "criminals" I am referring to the people around Dennis who felt it was necesary to spy on another team, create a smear campaign to give the illusion that the whole spying episode is Alonso's fault, etc.

I'm sure most of the team had nothing to do with it... actively that is.

#112 El_CapitŠn

El_CapitŠn

• 564 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 13:43

Originally posted by Ferdia
Every time I see Hamilton he is more "Lewis Hamilton the Celebrity" and less "Lewis Hamilton the Racing Driver."

Perhaps he will go on to win 8 world champions as the British media seem to think he will, but somehow I feel that when he did not win last year's championship, he may never win one...

He probably made the mistake of believing what the British media were saying about him; I certainly hope he will not make the mistake of believing what they say about him when they decide to turn on him.

Without doubt, he is the best thing that ever happened to Sebastian Vettel, Heiki Kovalinen and Robert Kubica, allowing them to develop completely out of the spotlight.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

:up: :up: :up:

#113 kar

kar

• 10,310 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 13:47

Originally posted by Tenmantaylor
Hamilton's stock has dropped since China IMO, lots of mistakes. His only high point since was Oz.

That said though after his amazing Fuji perfomance it could have only got higher by winning the title. Without that the only way was down.

I think his Fuji performance to be somewhat overrated myself.

He was the only driver that could see where he was going, and half the race was spent behind the safety car where his dicking around saw the only guy who had a chance in heck of fighting him (in a redbull no less!) get decked by his teammate.

He still had to win the race and make no mistakes, but I think his victory there is not quit the defining moment some in the press purported it to be.

And comments to the tune maybe he's missed his chance, just think had Michael's car and then his sportsmanship not failed him in Jerez, JV would have not won a title at all, despite his obvious talent.

Look at Jenson Button, but for Bridgestone and the almighty F2004 he could have been a world champion. F1 is such a dramatic sport that chances to win races, let alone win titles, come along very rarely. Alonso is learning that now, I think Hamilton will be learning it very shortly.

Ferrari and Schumacher got a lot of stick (and perhaps deservedly) for their approach to F1, but they knew once they let their foot off of everyone else's throat it wouldn't be easy to get it back there again.

And they were proved right.

#114 Orin

Orin

• 8,444 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 13:51

There is no way you can know what happened there so I call Bull Shit on your fantasy. Again just a blinkered Hamilton fan grasping at straws trying to lay blame off on Alonso in an attempt to cover for Hamilton's monumental lack of judgment.

Know what? That Alonso shopped McLaren? You're not being very consistent, given you just said:-

Had Hamilton not backstabbed his team and teammate Mac would be WCC and Alonso would be WDC and Mac would be $100,000,000.00 richer

So you're allowed to admit he shopped McLaren, but others aren't allowed to criticise him for it, is that right?

#115 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,127 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 13:56

Know what? That Alonso shopped McLaren? You're not being very consistent, given you just said:-

Had Hamilton not backstabbed his team and teammate Mac would be WCC and Alonso would be WDC and Mac would be $100,000,000.00 richer

So you're allowed to admit he shopped McLaren, but others aren't allowed to criticise him for it, is that right?

I misunderstood "shopped" I thought you where referring to the Hamilton fan boy fantasy that Alonso is somehow responsible for Mac cheating.

#116 Orin

Orin

• 8,444 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 14:04

Are you kidding me? How about the WDC? In any case, why are you so quick to lay blame on Alonso's reaction and so blind to see nothing wrong in Hamilton's action? I mean, most of the Alonso supporters have no problem in recognising that Alonso did something wrong, but you guys are totally blind to Lewis' actions and reject any well-deserved punishment for what the Brit did that day.

I agree that Hamilton did wrong - I say so directly in the piece you quoted! I'm glad you can see that Alonso behaved badly that day, I read posts from many Alonso fans and they cannot bear any criticism. The point though it that Hamilton's transgressions didn't lead inevitably to Alonso's payback, he decided on that course of action himself. Alonso should have left it to the team to punish Hamilton.

Right, and pigs can fly. Come on man!

After qualifying Ron Dennis very publicly laid the blame fully on Hamilton's shoulders. This is almost unheard of at McLaren, it was clear he was siding with Alonso. He subsequently tried to deflect Alonso's actions by saying it was a team cock-up, again fully exonerating the Spaniard. Why do you not believe that he would have disciplined Hamilton?

Excuse me!! Excuse me!! The crime was commited by McLAREN-MERCEDES. This is A FACT.

Scapegoat? SCAPEGOAT?!!?!

We've seen the emails of Alonso talking gleefully to Pedro about Ferrari information, we know that Ecclestone received the emails (in Spanish) from Alonso and passed them on to Mosley. This guy was revelling in using Ferrari data, right up until he needed an escape hatch, then he used evidence of his own misdeeds to crucify the team. Why did he need the escape hatch? Because a blackmail attempt had failed. Really, could anyone have behaved with less honour?

#117 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,127 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 14:12

We've seen the emails of Alonso talking gleefully to Pedro about Ferrari information, we know that Ecclestone received the emails (in Spanish) from Alonso and passed them on to Mosley. This guy was revelling in using Ferrari data, right up until he needed an escape hatch, then he used evidence of his own misdeeds to crucify the team. Why did he need the escape hatch? Because a blackmail attempt had failed. Really, could anyone have behaved with less honour?

This is just Hamilton fan fantasy show us these e-mails that "We've seen"

Again Hamilton fan fantasy nothing more, nice try.

#118 El_CapitŠn

El_CapitŠn

• 564 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 14:13

After qualifying Ron Dennis very publicly laid the blame fully on Hamilton's shoulders. This is almost unheard of at McLaren, it was clear he was siding with Alonso. He subsequently tried to deflect Alonso's actions by saying it was a team cock-up, again fully exonerating the Spaniard. Why do you not believe that he would have disciplined Hamilton?

Scapegoat? SCAPEGOAT?!!?!

Oh, so let me get this, it is Fernando's fault because he exchanged emails with De La Rosa. Are you for real?! Furthermore, do you think Dennis putting the blame on Hamilton is punishment enough?

Also, since when is telling the truth called "blackmail"? Since when is "blackmailing" (if it ever happened) less honorable than spying on another team?

#119 Orin

Orin

• 8,444 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 14:17

They were used in the 2nd hearing.

Advertisement

#120 Chiara

Chiara

• 1,847 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 14:18

Perhaps you might want to refresh your memory....I suggest this might be a good place to start

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/62707

followed by the wording of the emails themselves which starts on page 8 of the WMSC transcript ;)

http://press.fiacomm...13-09-2007a.pdf

#121 Orin

Orin

• 8,444 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 14:25

Oh, so let me get this, it is Fernando's fault because he exchanged emails with De La Rosa. Are you for real?! Furthermore, do you think Dennis putting the blame on Hamilton is punishment enough?

Also, since when is telling the truth called "blackmail"? Since when is "blackmailing" (if it ever happened) less honorable than spying on another team?

[I edited the post you quoted to respond to a subsequent point]

No, Alonso can happily use Ferrari data if he likes, but don't you think it's pretty appalling to enthusiastically embrace it one minute, only to subsequently use it against McLaren? The point about the blackmail is that he was willing to use the Ferrari data for as long as it was to his advantage, then he was willing to blackmail Ron Dennis as soon as that proved more advantageous... these are the actions of a rogue. :down:

Dennis put the blame on Hamilton, which suggests he would have punished the Briton. Why is it so hard to believe that Dennis was going to side completely with Alonso over this issue?

#122 El_CapitŠn

El_CapitŠn

• 564 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 14:29

"Although Mosley was made aware of the existence of the emails by McLaren boss Ron Dennis on the morning of the Hungarian Grand Prix, his initial impressions were that they did not contain anything of great significance ."

And yet, it is Fernando's fault that McLaren-Mercedes spied on Ferrari. :confused:

Or so it seems like it from the reaction of all the Hamiltonistas.

#123 Galko877

Galko877

• 4,215 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 15:15

BTW, if Kimi hadn't got ahead of Massa in Brazil, Alonso still wouldn't have won the WDC, in that case Hamilton would have won the title. Just a small correction to what El_Capit√°n claimed.

#124 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 38,850 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 15:20

Originally posted by Tcas

Harsh words? :lol:

Do you think some harsh words would have bothered Hamilton after he secured pole and victory by cheating his team mate? You basically admitt Mclaren would have not punishment Hamilton .

Where did I admit that? Stop making things up you barmy Spaniard. :lol: What I said was they weren't going to punish Hamilton in Hungary to the detriment of the team. They could easily punish him the following race or two with strategies that gained McLaren points but favored Alonso (a la Monaco).

#125 Ferdia

Ferdia

• 205 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 15:27

All of this "he started it, no HE started it" (between Hamilton and Alonso fans) is at this stage irrelevant.

The fact is, Alonso was hired (and paid a lot of money) to do a specific job (deliver a world championship), and then the boss (Dennis) suffered brain fade mid-season and decided it would be better to give the job to Hamilton.

Hamilton failed to deliver.

It is Dennis who looks bad, especially (I am sure) to Mercedes. A WC was there for the taking, and he blew it...

#126 El_CapitŠn

El_CapitŠn

• 564 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 15:35

Originally posted by Galko877
BTW, if Kimi hadn't got ahead of Massa in Brazil, Alonso still wouldn't have won the WDC, in that case Hamilton would have won the title. Just a small correction to what El_Capit√°n claimed.

Well, if you want to be that anal, it'd be a tie (109 points for both). LH would've won it because he won more GPs and because of a little help from his friends (Hungary).

He dicho.

#127 yr

yr

• 5,970 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 15:37

All of this "he started it, no HE started it" (between Hamilton and Alonso fans) is at this stage irrelevant.

The fact is, Alonso was hired (and paid a lot of money) to do a specific job (deliver a world championship), and then the boss (Dennis) suffered brain fade mid-season and decided it would be better to give the job to Hamilton.

It is Dennis who looks bad, especially (I am sure) to Mercedes. A WC was there for the taking, and he blew it...

Mclaren dont hire one driver to deliver championship and another to support him. As they have said billons of times, they hire two best available drivers and give them equal opportunity to win races/WDC. So your reasoning is as flawed as it could be.

#128 El_CapitŠn

El_CapitŠn

• 564 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 15:37

Originally posted by Ricardo F1
Where did I admit that? Stop making things up you barmy Spaniard. :lol: What I said was they weren't going to punish Hamilton in Hungary to the detriment of the team. They could easily punish him the following race or two with strategies that gained McLaren points but favored Alonso (a la Monaco).

Well, did they?

#129 yr

yr

• 5,970 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 15:51

They could easily punish him the following race or two with strategies that gained McLaren points but favored Alonso (a la Monaco).

Actually, Alonso blew totally his own WDC by his actions in Hungary. What he did, left no options for RD. Because FA got that grid penalty (due to his own childish doings) there was no way for Ron to make things "right" in race. Had Alonso just swallowed his pride and let Hamilton to do that "extra lap", they would have been 1-2 in grid. Then he should have talked to Ron and ask Ron to order Hamilton give away 1st position during the race, which I think Ron would have easily agreed. When Alonso thought he better take control of things and got the penalty there was nothing anymore Ron could do to correct situation without doing severe damage to his own team.

#130 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 38,850 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 15:52

Well, did they?

I would suggest that all became rather irrelevant after what his team mate did.

#131 yr

yr

• 5,970 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 15:58

Well, did they?

Why would they? Alonso harmed the team even more than Hamilton with his actions in Hungary. Do you think Ron should have asked a 10 slot grid penalty for both of his drivers in next race? Had Alonso kept his cool and not responsed to Hamiltons stupid actions in Hungary, he would have done the right thing and he would have deserved a pay off, but as it is, he screwed the team more than Hamilton in Hungary, so there was no reason to reward him in next race.

#132 Ferdia

Ferdia

• 205 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 16:09

Originally posted by yr

Mclaren dont hire one driver to deliver championship and another to support him. As they have said billons of times, they hire two best available drivers and give them equal opportunity to win races/WDC.

Right.

I was at the Australian GP in '98 when Coultard was ordered to let Haikkenen past.

That was actually a good professional team decision; Haikkenen was the one most likely to deliver a WC.

#133 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 38,850 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 16:11

But that's not why they ordered DC to let him past.

#134 Ferdia

Ferdia

• 205 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 16:16

Originally posted by yr

Mclaren dont hire one driver to deliver championship and another to support him. As they have said billons of times, they hire two best available drivers and give them equal opportunity to win races/WDC.

Right.

McLaren give both drivers equal cars and Alonso was a second a lap slower than Hamilton at the final GP of last year....

#135 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 38,850 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 16:24

When?

#136 yr

yr

• 5,970 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 16:27

Right.

I was at the Australian GP in '98 when Coultard was ordered to let Haikkenen past.

That was actually a good professional team decision; Haikkenen was the one most likely to deliver a WC.

But you obviously wasnt in races were DC was allowed to finish ahead of Mika, surely if Mclaren operates with #1 and #2 drivers, like Ferrari did with MS or Renault does with FA, then DC wouldnt have beat Mika in races - even winning when Mclaren scored 1-2, like Spa 99.

#137 Ferdia

Ferdia

• 205 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 16:27

When?

When Hamilton wasn't pushing the wrong button on the steering wheel (sorry, having a random errant magnetic field effect trigger a gearbox selection mechanism that then miraculously cured itself) or running off the track.

#138 yr

yr

• 5,970 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 16:29

Right.

McLaren give both drivers equal cars and Alonso was a second a lap slower than Hamilton at the final GP of last year....

Maybe Alonso just had a bit lacklustre weekend? It has happened before and will happen again. All drivers have weekends when they are not performing at their best.

#139 El_CapitŠn

El_CapitŠn

• 564 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 16:32

I would suggest that all became rather irrelevant after what his team mate did.

Ok, because Hamilton did not do anything wrong.

I've seen the light!!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Who did wrong here cowboy: Hamilton, Alonso or both?

Advertisement

#140 oAPEXo

oAPEXo

• 7 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 16:33

"At the final race of 1997 there was an odd agreement between Williams and McLaren. To be guaranteed the title, leader Villeneuve let the two McLarens past on the final lap. DC had already relinquished second place to Hakkenen, handing the Finn his first GP win. DC let Hakkinen past agian in Aus 98 honouring a prerace agreement."

#141 Ferdia

Ferdia

• 205 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 16:35

Originally posted by yr

Maybe Alonso just had a bit lacklustre weekend? It has happened before and will happen again. All drivers have weekends when they are not performing at their best.

Right.

Maybe Elvis is alive and well and working at a McDonald's near you...

#142 Frank Booth

Frank Booth

• 796 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 16:38

Posted Image
Lewis practicing hitting back in Spain

#143 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,127 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 16:45

Originally posted by Chiara

Perhaps you might want to refresh your memory....I suggest this might be a good place to start

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/62707

followed by the wording of the emails themselves which starts on page 8 of the WMSC transcript ;)

http://press.fiacomm...13-09-2007a.pdf

Your second link is not working for me, and the first link contains no e-mails that "We've seen"
Perhaps you could just post the e-mails that "We've seen" so that I might see them aswell.
Otherwise the fantasy remains a fantasy except in the minds of Hamilton's fans.

#144 Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck

• 2,517 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 16:51

excellent!

CC

#145 sanjiro

sanjiro

• 1,895 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 16:56

:up:

#146 yr

yr

• 5,970 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 16:56

Right.

Maybe Elvis is alive and well and working at a McDonald's near you...

So you think that Alonso being slower than his team mate and Elvis being alive and working in McDonalds in Finland are comperable and as likely to be true. Interesting. BTW did you know that Fernando has never beat his team mate in Indianapolis race? That propably equals John Lennon being alive too and working as Elvis¬ī supervisor in a McDonalds here in Helsinki. :rolleyes:

#147 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,127 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 16:57

But that's not why they ordered DC to let him past.

So you bought ths cover story about the "agreement"

It was teamorders nothing more nothing less.

#148 oAPEXo

oAPEXo

• 7 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 17:02

Your second link is not working for me, and the first link contains no e-mails that "We've seen"
Perhaps you could just post the e-mails that "We've seen" so that I might see them aswell.
Otherwise the fantasy remains a fantasy except in the minds of Hamilton's fans.

The second link seems to work fine. It does contain the info you're looking for. i.e "we've seen"

#149 Orin

Orin

• 8,444 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 17:43

Originally posted by yr

Why would they? Alonso harmed the team even more than Hamilton with his actions in Hungary. Do you think Ron should have asked a 10 slot grid penalty for both of his drivers in next race? Had Alonso kept his cool and not responsed to Hamiltons stupid actions in Hungary, he would have done the right thing and he would have deserved a pay off, but as it is, he screwed the team more than Hamilton in Hungary, so there was no reason to reward him in next race.

The way Ron Dennis was making a show of placing all the blame on Hamilton on the Saturday it was pretty obvious that he considered this a huge opportunity to engineer a rapprochement with Alonso. Remember that Alonso was publicly giving both Dennis and Haug the cold shoulder (very childishly if you ask me) at the previous race. Thus, even with Alonso's stupid vigilante move he was still on for some nice payback...

On Sunday morning it all fell apart, the infamous threat which caused RD to telephone Mosley - and by Max's own admission he had a considerable job to calm Ron down - made relations between them irreparable. Remember after the race Ron Dennis said he was too exhausted to care about the result, then pointedly said that all employees must either accept the McLaren equality policy or leave. If there ever was any preferential treatment toward Hamilton, it began after Hungary - after Alonso threatened to destroy the team.

#150 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 38,850 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 17:50

So you bought ths cover story about the "agreement"

It was teamorders nothing more nothing less.

No it was team orders because the only reason DC was ahead was because of Mika's pitstop woes.