Photo

Schlegelmilch and their photographs...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 josefk

josefk

• 31 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 22:57

Has anyone ever used and ordered from www.schlegelmilch.com. The site has some nice images but I've tried a number of times to email them with a question about ordering from their shop but they never bother to reply so I'm not sure (a) if they exist or (b) just can't be fussed with customers. Neither of which inspires confidence.

If anyone has any idea where best to get nice sharp F1 photographs please share the info. I'm trying to frame up some memorabilia, signatures etc and want some good sharp quality images

Advertisement

#2 gbl

gbl

• 451 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:02

Every bigger, good book store should have some of their books, at least that where I bought them. But you can get them at Amazon too - and they are worth it!

#3 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer

• 3,682 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:00

:wave: If you try for their books first , mail me afterwards , I have a couple to go , but damned postage is so high , that it might be bad business , but try me !

#4 john t

john t

• 186 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:39

Depends what sort of images you are after. flickr is a photo website, if you type in 'year', 'driver', etc you will get a pleasant surprise! Many of the photos can be downloaded in a very large size! Suttonimages have the biggest collection of motorsport images so try them too!
I have also seen many huge file sizes on the web but didn't make a note of the site names.
If you can email me with 'year, driver, car, etc i'll go back through my stuff and dig out web names where i can and let you know.
John

#5 BerndRos

BerndRos

• 128 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:01

Amazing stuff , I have lots of his books to include the GREAT CHALLENGE set of 5 which at £ 200 a book was hard to justify but wow , pretty good !!

:smoking:

#6 uffen

uffen

• 1,892 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 16:25

A friend of mine had a terrible time getting through to the Schlegelmilch site. He finally telephoned and they both discovered that the site e-mail was rejecting certain e-mails as junk (based on what, I don't know) and Boris Schlegelmilch had to have the e-mail filter re-jigged.

Perhaps this is the problem, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

#7 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer

• 3,682 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 16:50

:wave: in general I'll allow me to say that , too many people might be too cautious writing or e-mailing questions or complaints , sometimes it really is TOO easy to "give" up. In my experience you allways gotta try , and then more than once , perhaps 1-3 times ! And my "reluslt" rate raised by over 40 % meaning before : 1 out of ten possible positive replys , now 5 (at least) out of 10 ! Thats results , minding you that questions , at least, are not allways the easiest (transporters etc.) but it does pay ! How should poor Schlegelmilch know his site does work in some cases etc. if we didnt tell him.! :smoking:

#8 fines

fines

• 9,647 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 17:19

If "poor Schlegelmilch" doesn't test the site himself then his business does not deserve to make money, imho. I never try more than once - there are lots of people who want my money and are not difficult to deal with. Just my two euro-cents. :rolleyes:

#9 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 19:03

Try LAT - always reliable, in my experience.

http://www.latphoto.co.uk/

#10 Mischa Bijenhof

Mischa Bijenhof

• 306 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 21:12

I've been using Schlegelmilch pics for years now and they have never let me down so far. If you can't get through via email for wahtever reason, give them a phonecall. It has always worked for me. Great chaps, IMO.

#11 josefk

josefk

• 31 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 22:30

Useful info, many thanks. I didn't give up on Schlegelmilch after one go I mailed them at least 5 times but not even the courtesy of a reply. I can't believe they spent so much time creating such a great website, online galleries, personal libraries etc then mess up something so basic as err.... not letting customers order from the shop !!! what a shame.

I've checked out some of the sites mentioned, that's been very helpful thanks.

#12 F1Snapper

F1Snapper

• 20 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:32

First of all I want to express myself that I am very sorry about your fruitless contacting efforts, josefk! I hope you and anybody who else might have tried to reach us without success will accept my apologies. :blush:
Finally, our programmer solved the problem thanks to various notes from our archive users and after hours of php line checks: the contact form only forwarded e-mails to us of logged-in users, it really never was our intention to keep our guests quiet - SORRY!!!
Just in case similar things happen, you kind people may know my regular e-mail address boris@schlegelmilch.com and our telephone number +49 69 561734.
Since I have just managed to register here, please feel free to post me any comment, remark or question.
Thank you very much for your understanding.
Keep your lens clean, and keep visiting http://www.schlegelmilch.com
Sunny regards from Germany :wave:
Boris

#13 petefenelon

petefenelon

• 4,815 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 16:38

Or another good source of pics - http://www.sutton-images.com/

#14 snettertonesses

snettertonesses

• 30 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 16:47

Schlegelmilch for president!
i eat lunch with while digging through the website photos two or three times a week.
paradise!

#15 F1Snapper

F1Snapper

• 20 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 13:22

:love:
thank you very much, Rick aka snettertonesses (and Bjørn, gbl, uffen and BerndRos;))!
i promise to try harder ...
sunny regards to you all :wave:
Boris (nearly on the way to istanbul)

#16 ReWind

ReWind

• 3,410 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 18:03

In order to counterpoise the recent excitement about Doug Nye’s “Motorgraphs” website I would like to direct your attention to
"motorkultur" website
with literally thousands of Schlegelmilch’s pictures.

#17 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 18:58

No comparison

Their stuff is all relatively modern