Photo

Looking for ASD Bob Eggington auto pics

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hackrider

Hackrider

• 12 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 20:43

I'm researching ASD autos as designed and built by Bob Egginton (RJE). I understand they built many club racing cars using motorcycle motors as well as some earlier Ford and Alfa powered cars. It is also rumored that they built several Ferrari and Aston Martin replicas for nobility and celebrities. Any info, pics and location of vehicles would be of interest to me and hopefully others.

Dave
Albuquerque USA :clap:

Advertisement

#2 RJE

RJE

• 122 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:46

Dave

I don't seem to be able to find your e-mail address. Post it or e-mail me and I will provide you with some pictures and the story. That is if my aging memory can keep up and my ego surpasses
my embarrassment

Bob Egginton

#3 Hackrider

Hackrider

• 12 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 14:32

Bob,
Thanks for the post. E-mail on the way.

Dave

#4 bobm219a

bobm219a

• 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 19:36

I'm researching ASD autos as designed and built by Bob Egginton (RJE). I understand they built many club racing cars using motorcycle motors as well as some earlier Ford and Alfa powered cars. It is also rumored that they built several Ferrari and Aston Martin replicas for nobility and celebrities. Any info, pics and location of vehicles would be of interest to me and hopefully others.

Dave
Albuquerque USA :clap:

Hi Dave
I have just purchased an ASD Hobo which was a Mini based Kit car as far as I can understand - But I can find no other information.
I am wondering what you have managed to find out about the company
Regards
Bob

#5 Graham Clayton

Graham Clayton

• 1,362 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:10

The entry on ASD from "A to Z of sports cars, 1945-1990". Mike Lawrence, (MotorBooks International, 1996):

"Bob Egginton's Automotive Systems Development first showed the Minim in 1984 as an advertisement for the company which restores racing cars and build prototypes. A tube and sheet steel backbone chassis took a mid-mounted Mini engine/gearbox unit and a fibreglass body whic was entirely practical, if a little boxy. It was much admired as an honest piece of engineering and public pressure saw limited production. It remains available but the company has never pushed it. ASD also produced the prototype Tripos and Maelstrom.

Here is a photo of the Hobo and Minim:

http://www.minimarco...tpics/hobo.html

http://www.minimarco...pics/minim.html