Photo

ITV Wins award for Canada 2007 Coverage

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zak

zak

• 221 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:26

This seems a little bit odd for me. Maybe its because I'm Canadian. Doesn't Formula 1 contract out coverage to the local host and ITV simply ships Brundel, Allen and the rest of the commentating crew over to wherever the race happens to be that week? I'm sure that there is also a management staff and a few advisors as well but a local director is the one calling the shots with a local crew. We've heard the commentators complain bitterly over the years about the director favouring a local driver (Alonso in Spain, Schumacher in Germany, etc.).

So it seems to me that the award should be going to whomever the director and crew in Canada was, not ITV.

Advertisement

#2 Zarathustra

Zarathustra

• 306 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:04

Doesn't matter. Lewis Hamilton won and that's all that counts.

#3 stevvy1986

stevvy1986

• 3,168 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:07

plus the coverage by ITV wasnt that good for it anyway in terms of pre race especially as it was all about Hamilton and no-one else,and the fact they missed the press conference and didnt show any interviews was also poor,don't know how they managed to win it

#4 Josta

Josta

• 2,237 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:09

Originally posted by stevvy1986
plus the coverage by ITV wasnt that good for it anyway in terms of pre race especially as it was all about Hamilton and no-one else,and the fact they missed the press conference and didnt show any interviews was also poor,don't know how they managed to win it

They could have just shown a 10 second clip of Lewis driving over the winning line and they would have won the award.

#5 F1Fanatic.co.uk

F1Fanatic.co.uk

• 1,725 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:13

There was a discussion about that here and as I wrote there it's a bit much to give them an award for coverage that was so bad they ended up apologising to their viewers. Predictably enough, the apology is now missing from the link it was originally at...