Posted 22 April 2008 - 06:10

http://www.pistonhea...p?storyId=17940

Advertisement

#2 mikeC

mikeC

• 1,060 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 06:39

This would be terrible!
I have registered my objections, and urge as many of you as possible to do likewise - URGENTLY!

#3 Stephen W

Stephen W

• 15,572 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 06:55

Do not be put off by the fact that you live outside the area. The local council are not happy with the proposed plans and will support objections. However it is VERY important that as many objections as possible are registered. So do it as soon as possible.

:wave:

#4 simonlewisbooks

simonlewisbooks

• 2,118 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:42

Originally posted by Stephen W
Do not be put off by the fact that you live outside the area. The local council are not happy with the proposed plans and will support objections. However it is VERY important that as many objections as possible are registered. So do it as soon as possible.

Clicking through the links from that Pistonhead story you can get directly through to the local council website and register your objection online.
I've added mine.
I'll echo Stephen: don't be put off if you don't live locally , every little helps. The closing date is April 29th

#5 RTH

RTH

• 6,066 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:13

This is Lichfield Staffordshire on the site of Fradley Airfield in beautiful English countryside.

I too urge everyone reading no matter where you are to go to this page then click throught to the form and sign your objection to this development of 5000 houses and much else turning it in to an urban area.

http://www.lichfield...FOUTM&submit=Go

#6 RS2000

RS2000

• 2,572 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 19:27

Originally posted by RTH
This is Lichfield Staffordshire on the site of Fradley Airfield in beautiful English countryside.

Well except for the view of the power station and the sewage works...
Seriously, this is probably the most used motorsport venue in the UK and is vital.
The Curborough sprint track uses one "spectacle" and one "panhandle" dispersal of the former RAF Lichfield, like Silverstone, a Wellington OTU in WW2.

#7 Leigh Trevail

Leigh Trevail

• 553 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 06:28

If the application is passed it will be one less reason for anyone to visit the area, and contribute to the local economy. Hopefully the downturn is the housing market will create a breathing space!

#8 Stephen W

Stephen W

• 15,572 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:15

Originally posted by Leigh Trevail
If the application is passed it will be one less reason for anyone to visit the area, and contribute to the local economy. Hopefully the downturn is the housing market will create a breathing space!

I doubt that any downturn will put off the developers. What will help to stem the tide of urbanisation are people registering their objections - it takes less time than you might think.

#9 BrmBoy

BrmBoy

• 22 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:57

Objection duly made.

The matter is also being discussed at ....
http://www.owenmotor...php?topic=535.0
who have held events at the venue over many years.

#10 Leigh Trevail

Leigh Trevail

• 553 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:33

Lichfield District Council are definately on the ball. This morning I received official notification that my objection has been received and taken into consideration. It looks to me as if a whole new town is proposed on the site!

#11 RTH

RTH

• 6,066 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:32

Numbers of objectors really do count in these cases they actually report numbers to the development control panel before the decision is made.

#12 ghinzani

ghinzani

• 2,027 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 14:10

Its worth cut n pasting the application number before you get to the form - its 08/00324/OUTM

#13 Mark A

Mark A

• 1,173 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 18:55

Originally posted by Leigh Trevail
Lichfield District Council are definately on the ball. This morning I received official notification that my objection has been received and taken into consideration. It looks to me as if a whole new town is proposed on the site!

I got the same.

#14 elansprint72

elansprint72

• 4,029 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 21:50

Anyone got an update on this subject?

#15 Stephen W

Stephen W

• 15,572 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:03

Anyone got an update on this subject?

I understand that in the current financial climate the impending building of basically a new town has been postponed. Meanwhile I understand that Shenstone & District Car Club who operate the Curborough sprint course is on a rolling 6 month notice to quit the site.

Hopefully this may well have changed for the better.

#16 elansprint72

elansprint72

• 4,029 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 16:22

I understand that in the current financial climate the impending building of basically a new town has been postponed. Meanwhile I understand that Shenstone & District Car Club who operate the Curborough sprint course is on a rolling 6 month notice to quit the site.

Hopefully this may well have changed for the better.

I hope so to; I rather like the place.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by elansprint72, 26 December 2010 - 16:27.

#17 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 9,397 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 18:21

A specious argument, as people living there 365 days a year will put far more into the local economy, particularly in the form of rates.

There are no logical financial reasons for keeping such venue open no matter how much it suits our particular interests; so concentrate on the amenity value and try and add to it a social value when not in use for motor-sport, such as voluntary schemes to teach youngsters driving and/or roadcraft, a safe place for children to learn to ride bicycles, that sort of thing. There is no way you will convince the bean counters, who increasingly run the country, that Sprinting is important in the scheme of things, after all, how many times a year is it used for the purpose. Perhaps the police could be persuaded to run courses for disaffected youths to learn car mechanics, that would keep them off the streets. The days of the one purpose venue are numbered, redundancy in usage is not acceptable nowadays, so it's no use just moaning, propose something concrete to increase its value to the community.

#18 mikeC

mikeC

• 1,060 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:29

I have just received notification from Lichfield District Council that the planning application has been withdrawn.
Does this mean the proposals have been scrapped, or is there a new application going in - anyone know?

#19 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 9,397 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:34

I have just received notification from Lichfield District Council that the planning application has been withdrawn.
Does this mean the proposals have been scrapped, or is there a new application going in - anyone know?

It means "We haven't got the cash at the moment, but we may be back if conditions improve..." Had it been rejected, that would have been another thing altogether.