Jump to content


Photo

Montezemolo: Alonso not desirable at Ferrari


  • Please log in to reply
399 replies to this topic

#51 BMW_F1

BMW_F1
  • Member

  • 7,670 posts
  • Joined: February 08

Posted 22 April 2008 - 13:56

Originally posted by bl-f1
Why is Montedezemolo saying these things now?... just before the Spanish GP.

I really do not understand his motivations for this kind of statement. Is he sending a message to Alonso that Ferrari really is not interested in hiring him? if so, why say it now?, so far from the end of the season. Or is he sending a message to Massa, to be a team player and work nicely with Kimi?

Montedezemolo supported Alonso during the McLarengate. Why this now?

Alonso would be better off keeping his mouth shut about where he is going to go if Renault do not give him a competitive car. Show some sense of ownership and stop threatening Renault with leaving at the end of the year if he does not get a competitive car.


what we don't know is what he was specifically asked. Its the same story again as it happened with Alonso.
The journo asks a question specifically about Ferrari to Alonso so its only obvious that he answers about what he's being asked.
In this case we do not know what they asked LdMz, most probably it was a question directly about the teams trying or wanting to hire ALonso next year. It is obvious that since this is not on their scope (did people forget Massa's and Kimi's contracts), he says Alonso is not being considered.

Advertisement

#52 cardin

cardin
  • Member

  • 2,065 posts
  • Joined: October 02

Posted 22 April 2008 - 13:57

Originally posted by Hacklerf
Kimi himself has said before he retires he wishes to race Alonso in the same team to see who is fastest, he also says that Ferrari is his last team in F1, so before he goes, i still feel Alonso will be there


Because Kimi wants it ?

#53 AFCA

AFCA
  • Member

  • 6,661 posts
  • Joined: February 06

Posted 22 April 2008 - 13:59

Originally posted by Chiara


if you go over to the F2008 thread AFCA has kindly translated the interview in its entirity in which LdM was asked about it by a journalist amongst other things.


Actually there were a lot more questions but they were about politics and Fiat and all, which I didn't feel was really interesting for this board.

Originally posted by glorius&victorius


Could be but a man like LdM knows what impact 1 sentence in a 20 questions interview can have.


Impact for some fans, not for Ferrari or Alonso I do not think...

Actually, the 'impact' would have been far greater if Di Montezemolo came out saying Ferrari can't wait to have Alonso as their driver...

#54 Scudetto

Scudetto
  • Member

  • 8,049 posts
  • Joined: May 01

Posted 22 April 2008 - 13:59

Originally posted by BMW_F1


what we don't know is what he was specifically asked.


Originally posted by AFCA
Translated Q&A with Di Montezemolo:

*****

Q: Have you ever talked to Alonso ?
Di Montezemolo: ''Never. I like it he wants to come to us eventhough our seats are already filled. I remember I met up with Senna at my house in Bologna, the Wednesday before he died. Ayrton had already had contact with Todt in September at Monza and he told him he wanted to drive for Ferrari. But we already had Alesi and Berger.''

Q: But Alonso...
Di Montezemolo: ''I don't see a possibility for him. Lining up the driver's couple Raikkonen - Alonso would mean willing to do bad for the team (I think he's referring to what happened at McLaren last year - AFCA). I want to have two balanced drivers that work together.''

*****



Thanks to AFCA.


#55 kismet

kismet
  • Member

  • 7,067 posts
  • Joined: February 03

Posted 22 April 2008 - 14:00

A reporter mentions Alonso as a potential future Ferrari driver and Montezemolo spontaneously mentally axes Massa whose contract extends beyond Kimi's. In light of Ferrari's well-documented "We respect our contracts" stance, was that perhaps an unintentional(?) confirmation of the suspected flexibility of Felipe's contract?

#56 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius
  • Member

  • 4,327 posts
  • Joined: June 02

Posted 22 April 2008 - 14:02

Originally posted by as65p


You really think they should replace Kimi with such a corporate muppet?

;)


Ferrari if they ever need a replacement... (which not on the agenda at all) would be better off with someone who at least tries to be part of the team, and not tries to be bigger than the team ;)

Even in his current team your favorite driver is "dripping" quotes of looking at Toyota, BMW... so much for loyalty to your team.

Anyway... I already lost all my respect for Alonso and I don't think it will come back :wave:

#57 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius
  • Member

  • 4,327 posts
  • Joined: June 02

Posted 22 April 2008 - 14:04

"I want to have two balanced drivers that work together "


:D

sounds like Fernando could be one of them

#58 BMW_F1

BMW_F1
  • Member

  • 7,670 posts
  • Joined: February 08

Posted 22 April 2008 - 14:05

Q: Have you ever talked to Alonso ?
Di Montezemolo: ''Never. I like it he wants to come to us eventhough our seats are already filled. I remember I met up with Senna at my house in Bologna, the Wednesday before he died. Ayrton had already had contact with Todt in September at Monza and he told him he wanted to drive for Ferrari. But we already had Alesi and Berger.''

Q: But Alonso...
Di Montezemolo: ''I don't see a possibility for him. Lining up the driver's couple Raikkonen - Alonso would mean willing to do bad for the team (I think he's referring to having two top drivers being counter-productive to the team). I want to have two balanced drivers that work together.''

By two balances drivers, he really means a #1 & a #2..One who supports the other.

#59 noikeee

noikeee
  • Member

  • 9,813 posts
  • Joined: February 06

Posted 22 April 2008 - 14:05

It's a shame if it never happens, an Alonso-Raikkonen pairing in the same car would be fun to watch.

Advertisement

#60 Hacklerf

Hacklerf
  • Member

  • 2,333 posts
  • Joined: March 07

Posted 22 April 2008 - 14:06

Originally posted by Chiara


I definitely recall seeing it as well...but again cant recall where.

The only snippet I can find so far is here:

http://www.sportingl...ual_084059.html

According to Finn, the rumours are "just talk."

However, he added: "It would be interesting to race him in the same car. But I don't think it is going to happen."


Im glade i wasnt the only one who saw something like that, it was driving me nuts trying to find it!

Also Chiara did you manage to pass that document to the Ferrari channels thanking Jean for his efforts towards the team?

thanks

#61 Chiara

Chiara
  • Member

  • 1,847 posts
  • Joined: December 06

Posted 22 April 2008 - 14:19

Originally posted by Hacklerf


Im glade i wasnt the only one who saw something like that, it was driving me nuts trying to find it!

Also Chiara did you manage to pass that document to the Ferrari channels thanking Jean for his efforts towards the team?

thanks


yes I did, I got a reply via his secretary which I posted up in that thread....

*doesn't know how to link to the post exactly* :blush:

http://forums.autosp...557#post3053557

Thanks for the tip Gareth :kiss:

#62 Rinehart

Rinehart
  • Member

  • 9,359 posts
  • Joined: February 07

Posted 22 April 2008 - 14:20

Originally posted by Cheap Wine Alesi
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/66766



:up:


Hold the frekkin front page, we've got a scoop here! Not.

#63 BMW_F1

BMW_F1
  • Member

  • 7,670 posts
  • Joined: February 08

Posted 22 April 2008 - 14:21

Originally posted by paranoik0
It's a shame if it never happens, an Alonso-Raikkonen pairing in the same car would be fun to watch.


its not going to happen. There is reason why Shumi was never paired with JV, MH, JPM, Alonso, Kimi. Everyone should now why now. It is obvious that they knew back and now who the most talented drivers were/are and they were never ever teamed with MS. That has always been their winning formula.

#64 as65p

as65p
  • Member

  • 17,703 posts
  • Joined: June 04

Posted 22 April 2008 - 14:21

Originally posted by glorius&victorius


Ferrari if they ever need a replacement... (which not on the agenda at all) would be better off with someone who at least tries to be part of the team, and not tries to be bigger than the team ;)

Even in his current team your favorite driver is "dripping" quotes of looking at Toyota, BMW... so much for loyalty to your team.

Anyway... I already lost all my respect for Alonso and I don't think it will come back :wave:


All drivers are loyal only to themselves and their own prospects of success and/or money and that's just as well, because the teams would sack them in no time if they stopped to perform. Loyality is a nice thing to throw about in public, astonishingly people still fall for it....;)

Kimi was so loyal to McLaren that he had a Ferrari contract over a year before he told his team... which is perfectly normal behaviour. That's why you very rarely hear the insiders make a big fuss about it, as proven by staff changing back and forth between teams all the time.

#65 BMW_F1

BMW_F1
  • Member

  • 7,670 posts
  • Joined: February 08

Posted 22 April 2008 - 14:23

well said as65p.

Driving for a team is a job just like any other..

#66 mowaru

mowaru
  • Member

  • 279 posts
  • Joined: March 08

Posted 22 April 2008 - 14:24

Originally posted by glorius&victorius
Alonso for Ferrari would be bad. Ferrari needs a professional driver, loyal and respectful to the team, sponsors etc.

I think Fernando clearly demonstrated what little it can take for him to demolish a giant like McLaren by:

- bringing the team's "dirty laundry out" (and for sure every team has its secrets).
- pulling away major sponsors.
- mobilizing a whole nation behind him (the anti-Mclaren atmosphere and banners at the races rediculing McLaren are very powerful)

I think many teams would think twice and go for the cheaper upcoming hotshoe from F3 then to risk the trouble of managing Fernando.

---
*Nothing against Fernando, as in 05 and 06 I really rooted for him winning the WDC's.



Alonso is not a wizard or something like that ... he does not control where sponsors go or what fans do (maybe the golden boy can) ... is stupid of you to think that ...

#67 mowaru

mowaru
  • Member

  • 279 posts
  • Joined: March 08

Posted 22 April 2008 - 14:26

Originally posted by Mika Mika


Love the logic, Luca says he doesnt want Fernando, so that means he really does want him!!!!


It happens everywhere ... it's of good business to try to lower the price ... if not talk to Berlusconi ... he's after Ronaldinho but wants to get it as cheap as possible ...

#68 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

  • 11,026 posts
  • Joined: March 01

Posted 22 April 2008 - 14:33

Originally posted by Chiara
*doesn't know how to link to the post exactly* :blush:

Click on the little grey number in the top right corner of a post. That'll display the link to that post in your browser, which you can then cut and paste.

#69 BuonoBruttoCattivo

BuonoBruttoCattivo
  • Member

  • 4,430 posts
  • Joined: February 02

Posted 22 April 2008 - 14:39

Alonso is more desirable than Massa :)

#70 SlateGray

SlateGray
  • Member

  • 6,125 posts
  • Joined: August 00

Posted 22 April 2008 - 14:40

Originally posted by Mika Mika


Love the logic, Luca says he doesnt want Fernando, so that means he really does want him!!!!


Would it be wise to say he really wants him and $$ is no object? Or is it better to start at the other end? OTOH perhaps Ferrari doesn’t care about the cost or they really don't want the best driver in F1 in their car. I mean FM is OK as long as he keeps it between the trees but I ask you Ferrari fans how confidant are you in Massa's ability?

Someone should start the Kimi vs. Fernando thread now ;)

#71 Mrv

Mrv
  • Member

  • 6,416 posts
  • Joined: March 00

Posted 22 April 2008 - 14:41

You are never going to see an Alonso and Kimi pairing at Ferrari. Like I have said in the past Alonso although a talented driver, would be a cancer to the Ferrari family unity. Ferrari don't need Alonso. There are some talented young drivers in F1 that could do very well at Ferrari and would fit in nicely without attitude. So for Alonso, stay away WE DON"T NEED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#72 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

  • 11,026 posts
  • Joined: March 01

Posted 22 April 2008 - 14:47

Originally posted by mowaru
It happens everywhere ... it's of good business to try to lower the price ... if not talk to Berlusconi ... he's after Ronaldinho but wants to get it as cheap as possible ...

It's also good business to avoid annoying those you might want to employ.

So whilst you wouldn't expect anything from LdM saying "Alonso is amazing, I must have him regardless of the price" if he was after him, I wouldn't expect to see something quite this strong in the other direction either.

#73 SlateGray

SlateGray
  • Member

  • 6,125 posts
  • Joined: August 00

Posted 22 April 2008 - 14:47

Originally posted by Mrv
You are never going to see an Alonso and Kimi pairing at Ferrari. Like I have said in the past Alonso although a talented driver, would be a cancer to the Ferrari family unity. Ferrari don't need Alonso. There are some talented young drivers in F1 that could do very well at Ferrari and would fit in nicely without attitude. So for Alonso, stay away WE DON"T NEED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


You will change your tune when Alonso is winning races in a Ferrari.

There where a bunch of Ferrari fans that did not have the time of day for Kimi when Kimi was at Mac but look at them now suddenly Kimi is the best, go figure!

#74 BMW_F1

BMW_F1
  • Member

  • 7,670 posts
  • Joined: February 08

Posted 22 April 2008 - 14:51

Originally posted by Mrv
You are never going to see an Alonso and Kimi pairing at Ferrari. Like I have said in the past Alonso although a talented driver, would be a cancer to the Ferrari family unity. Ferrari don't need Alonso. There are some talented young drivers in F1 that could do very well at Ferrari and would fit in nicely without attitude. So for Alonso, stay away WE DON"T NEED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


dude, put it this way if Kimi, god forbids suffers a season ending injury, they would immediately grab Alonso for next year if Kimi's injury is not recoverable. There is no other driver like you say here to fulfill that role.. (Kimi's role, not Massa's)

#75 Mrv

Mrv
  • Member

  • 6,416 posts
  • Joined: March 00

Posted 22 April 2008 - 14:54

Originally posted by SlateGray


I mean FM is OK as long as he keeps it between the trees but I ask you Ferrari fans how confidant are you in Massa's ability?


How confident are Mac fans with Lewis? I don't see much difference in F1 today between drivers on the grid. There are no Schumachers in F1 today. Give any lad a good car and he can win with it. Massa has come along way from the beginning. He has won races and is still young and learning and getting better each year. Although he suffers from occasional brain fade every once in awhile, that can be said about any driver on the grid. When Massa was down and out in the first two races of the season, everyone kicked him and were calling for his head out of Ferrari. What did the kid do? He bounced back and had a fabulous race in Bahrain. That shows character in coming back like that. Do you know the pressure he had to endure just by the Tifosi and Italian media scrutinizing him? Massa is fine and can get the job done. I love the pairing at Ferrari today. Kimi and Massa work well together. I would like to see Massa keep his seat at Ferrari

#76 Mrv

Mrv
  • Member

  • 6,416 posts
  • Joined: March 00

Posted 22 April 2008 - 14:57

Originally posted by SlateGray


You will change your tune when Alonso is winning races in a Ferrari.

There where a bunch of Ferrari fans that did not have the time of day for Kimi when Kimi was at Mac but look at them now suddenly Kimi is the best, go figure!



Honestly you know that I couldn't care less about who drives at Ferrari. Team over any driver any day of the week. I don't like Alonso's attitude personally. At the moment Ferrari have the best driver pairing in F1. We don't need Alonso.

#77 Mrv

Mrv
  • Member

  • 6,416 posts
  • Joined: March 00

Posted 22 April 2008 - 15:01

Originally posted by BMW_F1


dude, put it this way if Kimi, god forbids suffers a season ending injury, they would immediately grab Alonso for next year if Kimi's injury is not recoverable. There is no other driver like you say here to fulfill that role.. (Kimi's role, not Massa's)

.


Kubica looks pretty good to me. What about Rosberg? You guys fail to realize that in F1 today there is very little to chose between the drivers. Give them that Ferrari and they will open your eyes. The difference in ability is not that huge like everyone thinks at this level.

#78 Hacklerf

Hacklerf
  • Member

  • 2,333 posts
  • Joined: March 07

Posted 22 April 2008 - 15:02

Originally posted by Chiara


yes I did, I got a reply via his secretary which I posted up in that thread....

*doesn't know how to link to the post exactly* :blush:

http://forums.autosp...y=&pagenumber=2


Ah! i missed it! that is most excellent tho thank you very much for passing it on :up:

#79 wingwalker

wingwalker
  • Member

  • 6,333 posts
  • Joined: September 06

Posted 22 April 2008 - 15:03

If I was to pick one future Ferrari driver from the entire grid, I'd pick Kubica. I recall someone from Ferrari camp praising him, and he is a very likable figure in Italy (he spend half of his life there), he speaks Italian too.

Advertisement

#80 AyePirate

AyePirate
  • Member

  • 5,818 posts
  • Joined: April 00

Posted 22 April 2008 - 15:03

Originally posted by taran
Before Alonso haters crow too loudly, please remember no deal in Formula One history hasn't been initially denied by all involved parties....... :wave:


Here is F1 History for you Ferrari tend to look poorly upon drivers who publicly criticize the team. Triple WDC Alain Prost was sacked in season for calling his Ferrari a "truck".

#81 BMW_F1

BMW_F1
  • Member

  • 7,670 posts
  • Joined: February 08

Posted 22 April 2008 - 15:09

Originally posted by Mrv
.


Kubica looks pretty good to me. What about Rosberg? You guys fail to realize that in F1 today there is very little to chose between the drivers. Give them that Ferrari and they will open your eyes. The difference in ability is not that huge like everyone thinks at this level.


I know that . you are right about the difference between the drivers being very close, but in this case knowing Ferrari they would most probably go with a proven 2xWDC who beat Schumacher then a young talent who we've yet to see perform in a top car. They'll take the easy secure route I think.

Remember what he said immediately after the end of the last Season..

"Alonso is a champion in all senses, an extraordinary pilot," he said while reflecting on the season during a video press conference with the Italian media, "To lose the world title by a single point at the last round, and by the mismanagement of his team, I appreciated his sportsmanship in immediately congratulating Kimi Raikkonen. He showed himself to be a champion on and off the track."

On Lewis

"Had he remained behind Alonso [at Interlagos], rather than wanting to beat him, he would now be champion," he pointed out, "He committed a foolish error but, having said that, it is necessary to recognise that Hamilton disputed an extraordinary season.
"To be so young and in his debut season in F1 and to be fighting for the title until the last second, he deserves respect and compliments. However, it should be recognised that, in the course of the season, he did not always conduct himself in an exemplary manner. Just look at his move on Raikkonen in qualifying at Interlagos."

#82 Suntrek

Suntrek
  • Member

  • 1,796 posts
  • Joined: August 07

Posted 22 April 2008 - 15:20

Originally posted by Mrv
You are never going to see an Alonso and Kimi pairing at Ferrari. Like I have said in the past Alonso although a talented driver, would be a cancer to the Ferrari family unity. Ferrari don't need Alonso. There are some talented young drivers in F1 that could do very well at Ferrari and would fit in nicely without attitude. So for Alonso, stay away WE DON"T NEED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Originally posted by Mrv
Honestly you know that I couldn't care less about who drives at Ferrari.


:stoned:

I know it's PC for a Ferrari fan "not to care about driver" but some brain work before you post does always come in handy. ;)

#83 Fatgadget

Fatgadget
  • Member

  • 2,103 posts
  • Joined: March 06

Posted 22 April 2008 - 15:22

Originally posted by MichaelPM


Hamilton complains Alonso is favoured = Hamilton wants equality.
Alonso complains Hamilton is favoured = Alonso will not expect anything but No.1 seat unchallenged.

How long will this stupidity continue?


What a load of nonsense. Alonso expected to walk all over Hamster when he signed for MacLaren.Instead he encountered a feisty rookie that frankly embarrassed a 2x world champion diva! :lol:

#84 as65p

as65p
  • Member

  • 17,703 posts
  • Joined: June 04

Posted 22 April 2008 - 15:31

Originally posted by Fatgadget


What a load of nonsense. Alonso expected to walk all over Hamster when he signed for MacLaren.Instead he encountered a feisty rookie that frankly embarrassed a 2x world champion diva! :lol:


And this year it's even more fun because he's embarassing himself. What a entertainer!

:cat:

#85 Mrv

Mrv
  • Member

  • 6,416 posts
  • Joined: March 00

Posted 22 April 2008 - 15:33

Originally posted by Suntrek




:stoned:

I know it's PC for a Ferrari fan "not to care about driver" but some brain work before you post does always come in handy. ;)


A true Italian Tifoso doesn't care who drives for them as long as Ferrari wins.



#86 Josta

Josta
  • Member

  • 2,237 posts
  • Joined: October 07

Posted 22 April 2008 - 15:35

Originally posted by Mrv


That`s because you don't understand the true meaning of an ITALIAN TIFOSO. Look it up.




So ITALIAN TIFOSO means "to be contradictory"?

Sounds about right.

#87 Mrv

Mrv
  • Member

  • 6,416 posts
  • Joined: March 00

Posted 22 April 2008 - 15:39

Originally posted by BMW_F1


I know that . you are right about the difference between the drivers being very close, but in this case knowing Ferrari they would most probably go with a proven 2xWDC who beat Schumacher then a young talent who we've yet to see perform in a top car. They'll take the easy secure route I think.

Remember what he said immediately after the end of the last Season..

"Alonso is a champion in all senses, an extraordinary pilot," he said while reflecting on the season during a video press conference with the Italian media, "To lose the world title by a single point at the last round, and by the mismanagement of his team, I appreciated his sportsmanship in immediately congratulating Kimi Raikkonen. He showed himself to be a champion on and off the track."

On Lewis

"Had he remained behind Alonso [at Interlagos], rather than wanting to beat him, he would now be champion," he pointed out, "He committed a foolish error but, having said that, it is necessary to recognise that Hamilton disputed an extraordinary season.
"To be so young and in his debut season in F1 and to be fighting for the title until the last second, he deserves respect and compliments. However, it should be recognised that, in the course of the season, he did not always conduct himself in an exemplary manner. Just look at his move on Raikkonen in qualifying at Interlagos."




You are right. Maybe in the future Luca will think differently. Today however, that would be a mistake to bring Alonso on board. Alonso and Kimi wouldn't work out to well I think. Ferrari knows this. With Ferrari all doors are open so who knows what the future will bring.

#88 Chiara

Chiara
  • Member

  • 1,847 posts
  • Joined: December 06

Posted 22 April 2008 - 15:39

Originally posted by Josta


So ITALIAN TIFOSO means "to be contradictory"?

Sounds about right.


I won't ask what you think ITALIAN TIFOSA means then :p

#89 BMW_F1

BMW_F1
  • Member

  • 7,670 posts
  • Joined: February 08

Posted 22 April 2008 - 15:44

Originally posted by Mrv




You are right. Maybe in the future Luca will think differently. Today however, that would be a mistake to bring Alonso on board. Alonso and Kimi wouldn't work out to well I think. Ferrari knows this. With Ferrari all doors are open so who knows what the future will bring.


we agree here. ALonso/Kimi pairing would not happen not because of Alonso but because of the team policy.

#90 Fatgadget

Fatgadget
  • Member

  • 2,103 posts
  • Joined: March 06

Posted 22 April 2008 - 15:45

Originally posted by as65p


And this year it's even more fun because he's embarassing himself. What a entertainer!

:cat:


This thread is specifically about Alonso not Hamilton. There are plenty Hamilton bashing threads out there ! :p

#91 SlateGray

SlateGray
  • Member

  • 6,125 posts
  • Joined: August 00

Posted 22 April 2008 - 15:46

Originally posted by Mrv


A true Italian Tifoso doesn't care who drives for them as long as Ferrari wins.


So contrary to your earlier posting, you would be just fine with Alonso! :drunk:

#92 as65p

as65p
  • Member

  • 17,703 posts
  • Joined: June 04

Posted 22 April 2008 - 15:47

Originally posted by Fatgadget


This thread is specifically about Alonso not Hamilton. There are plenty Hamilton bashing threads out there ! :p


And not enough Alonso bashing threads, or what? Have another look...;)

#93 Fatgadget

Fatgadget
  • Member

  • 2,103 posts
  • Joined: March 06

Posted 22 April 2008 - 15:50

^^Don't blame me. I did not initiate the thread.I am merely responding to it! :D

#94 as65p

as65p
  • Member

  • 17,703 posts
  • Joined: June 04

Posted 22 April 2008 - 15:52

Originally posted by Fatgadget
^^Don't blame me. I did not initiate the thread.I am merely responding to it! :D


I responded later than you (driver-wise).

I win.

:clap: ;)

#95 Suntrek

Suntrek
  • Member

  • 1,796 posts
  • Joined: August 07

Posted 22 April 2008 - 16:46

Originally posted by Mrv


A true Italian Tifoso doesn't care who drives for them as long as Ferrari wins.


Means you're not one then.

#96 Suntrek

Suntrek
  • Member

  • 1,796 posts
  • Joined: August 07

Posted 22 April 2008 - 16:50

Originally posted by Chiara


I won't ask what you think ITALIAN TIFOSA means then :p


Don't know but I hope it implies some kind of brains... :confused:

#97 SlateGray

SlateGray
  • Member

  • 6,125 posts
  • Joined: August 00

Posted 22 April 2008 - 17:25

Originally posted by glorius&victorius
Ferrari needs a professional driver, loyal and respectful to the team, sponsors etc.

You mean a driver that can live up to an agreement between team and teammate, a driver that does not complain that they
"have #2 on the car so they must be a #2 driver" or a driver that can finish what they start, a driver that does not collapse under pressure when the championship is only 4 points away with two full races to go. Looks like Ferrari will never have use for a prat like Hamilton anytime soon if those are the conditions, you never know perhaps the kid will grow up and in the process learn the value of keeping your word to your team and teammate. He may also manage to learn some race craft along the way. Stranger things have happened but don't expect to see Lewis (me me me) Hamilton at Ferrari any time soon.

#98 F1Champion

F1Champion
  • Member

  • 2,925 posts
  • Joined: September 01

Posted 22 April 2008 - 17:29

Originally posted by vsubravet
Why do most presume that KR is going to retire after he gets one more title? Maybe his appetite will be whetted so much with WDCs & he savours the sweet taste of glory that he might want to continue racing beyond for many years.


:up: I hope Kimi does carry on. This is really his time to shine for the next few years. He's never had the package before and was always outside of the best cars. Now that he is finally in the best car, I wouldn't exactly think that this would be the moment to leave.

Kimi says he will stay for as long as he has fun......he's currently winning GP's so I couldn't think of anything more fun than that.

#99 ForMules

ForMules
  • Member

  • 365 posts
  • Joined: November 07

Posted 22 April 2008 - 17:35

Ferrari isn't thet stupid, all this story is medias build, the red saw what happened to mclaren in 2007, they nevah had the xwill to get alonso in!

who knows about where ferrari will be in 2009?

remember 2005!

Alonso got lot purposes in 2009, i bet that renault will fight for the title in 2009 !

anyway, at 18m the year, even ferrari can't stand to renault, so bmw? lol

:rotfl:

Advertisement

#100 britishtrident

britishtrident
  • Member

  • 1,954 posts
  • Joined: October 07

Posted 22 April 2008 - 17:46

What a surprise Ferrari have finally decided that Massa ain't that bad and Alonso is poision -- Ron Dennis could have told them that last year.

Only weeks into a new season and Alonso still hasn't learned the old adage -- When you are in a hole stop digging !

Alonso by moaning about his new team he has just reminded everybody of his antics at McCedes, FA is a pretty decent driver but he comes with just too much baggage. He carries more chips than Harry Ramsdens.


(To those from outside the UK Harry Ramsden's is a a very famous national chain of Fish and Chip restraunts )