Photo

The EU looking into F1 contract in spain..

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mika Mika

Mika Mika

• 6,752 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:58

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/66767

Advertisement

#2 Yellowmc

Yellowmc

• 2,057 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:01

Uh oh!

Who is this Green Group?

#3 Mika Mika

Mika Mika

• 6,752 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:02

Is F1 noisy??? I cant tell ;-)

#4 Lord Snooty

Lord Snooty

• 938 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:20

Originally posted by Mika Mika
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/66767

Nothing to worry about; we'll send the President of the FIA (well known for his views on prostitution and spanking) to negotiate a deal with the EU. I'm sure they'll treat him with the respect his office deserves.

#5 vsubravet

vsubravet

• 2,226 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:25

Originally posted by Mika Mika
Is F1 noisy??? I cant tell ;-)

Apparently the Green Group were housed next to the location where our beloved FIA President had his, umm, entertainment activities. They may have assumed that if the President was so noisy then the whole darned F1 Group would be ....... VERY NOISY ;)

#6 Andrew Ford &F1

Andrew Ford &F1

• 246 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 20:38

Everything will be fine. There is no stopping F1! At least I hope so.

#7 parkiw

parkiw

• 96 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 21:39

Originally posted by Yellowmc
Who is this Green Group?

The group of national "Green" parties represented in the European Parliament, I think. The three people listed in the article are Green MEP's, two Spaniards and one Italian.

#8 F1Fanatic.co.uk

F1Fanatic.co.uk

• 1,725 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 22:31

From the EU Commissioner Stavros Dimas' letter to the Greens who complained:

The Commission has received information about the Formula 1 race track in Valencia.

Permanent racing and test tracks for motorized vehicles fall within Annex II (11) (a) of Directive 85/337/EEC as amended by Directive 97/11/EC and Directive 2003/35/EC (known as the environmental impact assessment or the EIA Directive). For projects included in Annex II of this Directive, Member States have to determine, before development consent is granted, if they are likely to have significant effects on the environment. Circuits that are not permanent fall outside of the scope of the EIA Directive.

Directive 2003/4/EC provides for public access to environmental information and repeals Council Directive 90/313/EEC . According to its Article 3, public authorities are required to make available environmental information held by or for them to any applicant at his request and without his having to state an interest. Information has to be made available to the applicant by precise deadlines laid down in the Directive. The information may be refused only on grounds envisaged in its Article 4. Remedies are provided for in Article 6 of the Directive when the applicant considers that his request has been ignored, wrongfully refused, in full or in part, inadequately answered or otherwise not dealt with in accordance with the provisions of the Directive.

According to Articles 7(1) and 9 of the Directive 2002/49/EC strategic noise maps for the agglomerations of Valencia should have been drawn up by 30 June 2007 and should be made available and disseminated to the public in accordance with the Directive 2003/4/EC. The data from these maps should have also been communicated to the Commission no later than 30 December 2007 in accordance with Article 10(2) of the Directive. In a letter sent on October 2007 to the Spanish authorities, the Commission recalled these obligations. Given that, to date, the Commission has still not received any information on these maps, it is now considering initiating appropriate actions in accordance with the Article 226 of the EC Treaty. The Commission recalls that the strategic noise maps for agglomerations should at least show the average noise situation of the year 2006 and put a special emphasis on the noise emitted by road traffic (and other sources) which brings about noise levels beyond 55 Lden or beyond 50 Lnight. These maps should be reviewed, and revised if necessary, at least every five years after the date of their preparation.

As regards a potential violation of the EU public procurement rules in the tendering procedures relating to this project, the Commission will investigate this matter.

More here: How serious is the EU threat to the European Grand Prix?

#9 Most Fastest

Most Fastest

• 236 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:10

The EU looking into F1 contract in spain..

Honestly.....WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 Matti Poika

Matti Poika

• 94 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:11

Originally posted by F1Fanatic.co.uk

The Commission has received information about the Formula 1 race track in Valencia.

Permanent racing and test tracks for motorized vehicles fall within Annex II.................. Circuits that are not permanent fall outside of the scope of the EIA Directive.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but Valencia isn't a permanent race track, so why are they quoting this directive?