Photo

1980s F3 cars, Magnum 81A Atlantic

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ucnduit

ucnduit

• 4 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:08

I noticed a couple of older posts from 2005 regarding the Magnum 81A Atlantic car I purchased after completing an F3 test in the Magnum, at Silverstone. I would like to get in touch with the person who posted??? Thanks Colin Tuckey..........Canada

Advertisement

#2 ghinzani

ghinzani

• 2,027 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:12

Was'nt this car based on a Theodore F1 car that never ran?

#3 ucnduit

ucnduit

• 4 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:33

I believe it was, with the possibilty of something "different" from the Ralts and the Marches in North American Atlantic series, I was able to test the F3 Magnum. We ordered the first and only FA car, and had it shipped to Canada. Automitive Designs dispatched one of their engineers, to assist with the intial set up of the car, although, it had gone through a "shake down" in England with David Leslie.

#4 Mallory Dan

Mallory Dan

• 3,120 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 15:08

Colin, didn't you also race an ex-Opert Chevron B45 too??

#5 ucnduit

ucnduit

• 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:16

My first venture into FA was with a B-45, but the only history I know of, is that it was raced by Mark Macaig/ run by Rick Shea, out of Ontario area. It was the only car I was ever "inverted" in...........at Montreal

#6 ucnduit

ucnduit

• 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:34

So sorry to hear about David Leslie, when I tested the Magnum F3, David took me around Silverstone a few times to familiarize. My father still has film of some of it?? I didn't know David well, but just meeting him was an honour, I could tell right off he was a true "driver", and absolutely down to earth.

#7 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 15:39

Cor Euser and David Leslie F3 Magnums
http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/