• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dolph

Dolph

• 12,186 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 21:49

http://www.1freewall...-pictures-3.jpg

I'll start:

The photographer: "The next one is for the LADIEZz... If everybody could just grab their manhood... :smoking: Kimi, please close your eyes, we are gonna make a grown up picture now:blush:. It's OK little Fernando, no need to cry:( ."

Advertisement

#2 D82

D82

• 1,392 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:56

Interesting picture. In 7 years time, of 11 teams out there, 8 are sold or closed - only excluding McLaren, Ferrari and Williams...

#3 lukywill

lukywill

• 6,660 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:04

yes, and meanwhile super aguri came in and already retired!

from the picture:

1.Ferrari
2.Mclaren-Mercedes
3.Williams (ex-bmw partner and now Toyota 2)

4.Benetton (ex-Toleman, now Renault)
5.Bar (ex-Tyrrell, now Honda)
6.Sauber (now BMW)

7.Jaguar (ex- stewart, now RedBull)
8.Minardi (now RedBull 2)
9.Jordan (now F India)

and 10. a new team from scratch, Toyota.

prost (ex-ligier) and Footwork (ex-Arrows) gone.

so we now have 6 manufacturers, 2 marketing Redbulls, 1 force India and Williams (the last resistant).

cut the costs?! :p

#4 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:36

Looks like Juan did have bigger balls than Ralf!

#5 postajegenye

postajegenye

• 1,139 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:06

(Sorry for not writing a caption and therefore being OT)

2001... my first real season (I'm only 18 ;) ). I started following F1 in 2000 but 2001 was the first full year for me when I started watching practice sessions, buying F1 magazines etc.
And somehow that's the year I remember most. I could still name every podium finishers of each race straight away while I would have to think for a while to name those of 2007. I remember the 2001 races much better than the ones in the following years. My interest in the sport hasn't faded, in fact it's been growing ever since, but still, 2001 will always be THE year for me.
When someone asks me where e.g. Trulli drives, Jordan is the first team that springs into my mind. I always think of Alonso as a Minardi driver first and Kimi as one of the Sauber drivers.

It's hard to believe this was 7 years ago and I was just 11 - I clearly remember the debate over Kimi's super licence, how everyone was so sure JPM would be the next world champion, how Alonso managed to be ahead of 3-4 drivers in quali so often...

And I miss those teams. :| Sauber, Benetton, Minardi, Arrows, BAR, Jordan, Prost, Jaguar...

#6 Earthling

Earthling

• 3,599 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:28

You can clearly see that Michael was unhappy with the equal treatment that Rubens will be getting in his contract!

#7 VoidNT

VoidNT

• 1,561 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:36

Look at Kimi: either he is sleeping :lol: or he is looking down on Mika and Michael with such an expression as if he is planning to kick their butts!

And JOS, there is JOS!