Photo

Monza

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rolando

rolando

• 151 posts

Posted 27 September 2000 - 16:52

After watching the Grand Prix movie, there is something that confuse me, it seems to me that they used to race in the oval section for one lap and in the "normal section" for the next one. Was this possible?
I mean when they use de banked curves, Did they use the Lesmos too?

Advertisement

#2 Don Capps

Don Capps

• 5,933 posts

Posted 27 September 2000 - 17:16

After they came off the curvetta (Parabolica), they went past the pits and turned onto the north banking and then after they came off the south banking they passed the S/F line and then did a normal lap: a line of cones separated the front straight area into "inner" and "outer" lanes. As mentioned, the grid formed on the "outer" lane. The combined circuit was exactly 10.000km in length. In 1961 the grid stretched all the way on the south banking. The combined circuit was used for a practice session in 1963, but after Chris Amon had the suspension collapse on his Reg Parnell Lola 4A and several others suffered other problems, the organizers reverted to the 5.75km road circuit.

#3 Don Capps

Don Capps

• 5,933 posts

Posted 27 September 2000 - 20:19

Here is how it looked as the cars came off the south curve...

Posted Image

#4 rolando

rolando

• 151 posts

Posted 27 September 2000 - 20:42

Thank you for your help, Don Capps I guess every day you can learn something new in this fantastic forum!!!! :)

#5 William Dale Jr

William Dale Jr

• 405 posts

Posted 28 September 2000 - 05:36

Does anyone know if the government are still actively trying to tear down the banking?