Jump to content


Photo

Thank you Super Aguri!


  • Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius
  • Member

  • 4,327 posts
  • Joined: June 02

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:16

I think Aguri Suzuki and his Super Aguri team and his drivers have given us some nice moments over the last 2.5 years!

It was always interesting to see the high morale in the team, everybody enthusiastic inspired and going for it, despite being one of the smallest on the grid!

Their immense joy when getting into the points was great to watch! Seeing them being that happy made you smile! Even last week Barcelona race, seeing Sato trying to get into the points was exciting!

As for Aguri Suzuki and Audetto they really showed that with little resources and great racing spirit they could even outgun the mother Honda team!

THANKS! :up:

Advertisement

#2 smartie_f1

smartie_f1
  • Member

  • 295 posts
  • Joined: April 06

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:41

Originally posted by glorius&victorius
I think Aguri Suzuki and his Super Aguri team and his drivers have given us some nice moments over the last 2.5 years!

It was always interesting to see the high morale in the team, everybody enthusiastic inspired and going for it, despite being one of the smallest on the grid!

Their immense joy when getting into the points was great to watch! Seeing them being that happy made you smile! Even last week Barcelona race, seeing Sato trying to get into the points was exciting!

As for Aguri Suzuki and Audetto they really showed that with little resources and great racing spirit they could even outgun the mother Honda team!

THANKS! :up:


hear hear :up: :up:

#3 Orin

Orin
  • Member

  • 8,444 posts
  • Joined: October 04

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:55

I guess it's the last we'll be seeing of the very entertaining Takuma Sato in F1. :cry:

http://gallery.autos...ge/l_MU4Z5545-3

#4 Romulus

Romulus
  • Member

  • 1,810 posts
  • Joined: July 00

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:01

Thank you Super Aguri!

Best moment was when Takuma overtook Kimi and Alonso in Canada!

#5 Dalton007

Dalton007
  • Member

  • 2,916 posts
  • Joined: April 04

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:02

F1 needs to go back to the privateers.

#6 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri
  • Member

  • 10,487 posts
  • Joined: August 99

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:03

Poor Super Aguri. :(

#7 lukywill

lukywill
  • Member

  • 6,660 posts
  • Joined: March 01

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:05

they beat honda last year in performance despite a huge difference in budget. :clap: :wave:

#8 lukywill

lukywill
  • Member

  • 6,660 posts
  • Joined: March 01

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:09

Originally posted by Dalton007
F1 needs to go back to the privateers.


indeed. look at the grid: 6 manufacturers, 2 marketing redbulls (one is already for sale), one well funded force india and the last reduct williams (age doesn't forgive and donĀ“t see any decent reform there).

#9 F1Fanatic.co.uk

F1Fanatic.co.uk
  • Member

  • 1,725 posts
  • Joined: May 05

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:16

Respect to Aguri Suzuki, Anthony Davidson, Takuma Sato, and everyone at Leafield. Sorry you won't be in F1 any more.

#10 kar

kar
  • Member

  • 10,307 posts
  • Joined: January 06

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:19

The thing that stands out for me most about Super Aguri was at Silverstone in 2006, I was walking around on the Friday sitting at the exit of becketts and in the distance you could see an army of Super Aguri in the stands banners plastering the front of the stand railings and them cheering whenever a SA car went past.

I also remember Sakon Yammamoto getting it completely wrong and spinning in the run-off.

The passion of the fans, the can do attitude of the team all were very special.

Such a shame it had to end this way.

#11 Gecko

Gecko
  • Member

  • 800 posts
  • Joined: April 07

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:19

Thank you Super Aguri for some of the favourite F1 moments in the last couple of years!

Your Brazil 2006 performance is still very memorable, I don't think anyone could get more out of the almost obsolete Arrows chassis than you did. The way you embarrassed the main Honda team by updating their old challenger to a standard that went beyond their best efforts with their new car was very impressive. This lead to first points in Spain of 2007, which probably felt like a win not only to you but a lot of F1 fans. The best moment is still Canada 2007, of course, overtaking the McLaren of Fernando Alonso on merit and getting some well deserved points.

You will be missed, and I hope other F1 teams will provide jobs for the employees, as they all proved they can work miracles with very limited budgets.

#12 bonescro

bonescro
  • Member

  • 68 posts
  • Joined: June 01

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:20

:(

This is truly sad.
You will be missed.

#13 postajegenye

postajegenye
  • Member

  • 1,139 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:26

At the beginning of 2006, I was cynical and full of doubts.
Now I can only say, well done guys and good luck, whatever you'll do in the future! :up: :up: :up:

#14 WayFaster

WayFaster
  • Member

  • 270 posts
  • Joined: January 05

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:35

San Ross Brawn, Honda Racing should replace its management with that of Super Aguri! And also hire the seemingly more talented engineers at Super Aguri!

A sad day for F1 :-(

#15 Garagiste

Garagiste
  • Member

  • 3,793 posts
  • Joined: January 00

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:35

Adding my thanks and echoing that it's sad to see you go SA.

#16 ensign14

ensign14
  • Member

  • 37,049 posts
  • Joined: December 01

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:37

Originally posted by Orin
I guess it's the last we'll be seeing of the very entertaining Takuma Sato in F1. :cry:

I'm hoping he will be parachuted back to Honda at the end of the season...

#17 Dudley

Dudley
  • Member

  • 9,245 posts
  • Joined: March 00

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:40

Yep, Agreed. Sorry the FIA, Honda and SS United all betrayed them.

#18 RiDE

RiDE
  • Member

  • 1,026 posts
  • Joined: May 04

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:52

:( :cry:

#19 juary

juary
  • Member

  • 764 posts
  • Joined: March 04

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:03

Truly sad news...i was hoping for an Honda rescue.

Good luck boys

Advertisement

#20 mahelgel

mahelgel
  • Member

  • 4,574 posts
  • Joined: November 99

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:18

Sad to see them go... They did well with their limited resources, and both Sato and Davidson seemed to do pretty well with the equipment had at their disposal.

Shame Honda couldn't find the money to atleast get them through this year, so they could have some time to get funding for 2009, as a more independent team than they have been.

#21 Hacklerf

Hacklerf
  • Member

  • 2,332 posts
  • Joined: March 07

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:19

I feel so bad for these guys, they were great and it seems have huge support, they will be gone, but definitely not forgotten.

#22 coyoteBR

coyoteBR
  • Member

  • 4,085 posts
  • Joined: January 99

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:26

Congratulations, Honda, for getting in my "do not buy" list.

Last year, we saw something we don't see so often in Formula One.

The underdog challenging and staying ahead of better funded teams - including the one it should be subordinated to.

We saw two great drivers, Davidson and Sato, entertaining us each racing week.

We also saw what is painfully common in F-1: sponsor problems; shadowy businessmen putting and removing contracts at the table, at will; we saw FIA change their rules in a weekly basis, making even more difficult to a team to find investidors; we saw a marketing decision, made at a confy office, by men who probably never get their hands dirty at an engine, take a team - another one - out of Formula One.

My respects to Aguri-san, Sato and Davidson.
Formula One fans will miss you

#23 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius
  • Member

  • 4,327 posts
  • Joined: June 02

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:38

And by the way: who was Samantha Kingz?

It always sounded like the name of some porn star....

anyway... I will miss her :lol:

#24 Timstr11

Timstr11
  • Member

  • 7,596 posts
  • Joined: May 02

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:44

Originally posted by coyoteBR
Congratulations, Honda, for getting in my "do not buy" list.

Last year, we saw something we don't see so often in Formula One.

The underdog challenging and staying ahead of better funded teams - including the one it should be subordinated to.

We saw two great drivers, Davidson and Sato, entertaining us each racing week.

We also saw what is painfully common in F-1: sponsor problems; shadowy businessmen putting and removing contracts at the table, at will; we saw FIA change their rules in a weekly basis, making even more difficult to a team to find investidors; we saw a marketing decision, made at a confy office, by men who probably never get their hands dirty at an engine, take a team - another one - out of Formula One.

My respects to Aguri-san, Sato and Davidson.
Formula One fans will miss you

Yeah, they should have thrown more than the current U$ 100 million to Super Aguri, just to please the fans. The bastards :rolleyes:

When was the last time another team has provided this kind of money and support to a new team?

#25 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius
  • Member

  • 4,327 posts
  • Joined: June 02

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:50

Originally posted by Timstr11
Yeah, they should have thrown more than the current U$ 100 million to Super Aguri, just to please the fans. The bastards :rolleyes:

When was the last time another team has provided this kind of money and support to a new team?



Hei! lets not turn this into a Honda/fry bashing thread. There are plenty of other places to discuss that.

This thread is to pay tribute to the great people of Super Aguri, their racing spirit and super staff and their giving-it-all drivers!

#26 Timstr11

Timstr11
  • Member

  • 7,596 posts
  • Joined: May 02

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:54

Originally posted by glorius&victorius



Hei! lets not turn this into a Honda/fry bashing thread. There are plenty of other places to discuss that.

This thread is to pay tribute to the great people of Super Aguri, their racing spirit and super staff and their giving-it-all drivers!

I hope your talking to others as I am not the one bashing Fry or Honda :) . Quite the contrary.
And if someone makes a baseless remark, I will respond.

#27 roadie

roadie
  • Member

  • 1,844 posts
  • Joined: February 03

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:00

I sad to see them go too. It's always fun rooting for the underdog.

#28 ensign14

ensign14
  • Member

  • 37,049 posts
  • Joined: December 01

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:00

Originally posted by Timstr11
Yeah, they should have thrown more than the current U$ 100 million to Super Aguri, just to please the fans. The bastards :rolleyes:

When was the last time another team has provided this kind of money and support to a new team?

I agree, I don't blame Honda, indeed without Honda there never would have been a Super Aguri in the first place.

I wonder though how many of the Super Aguri personnel will end up at Honda. They worked miracles with what they had. A four year old Arrows turned into something that was in touch with the multibillionaires?

#29 shays

shays
  • Member

  • 1,269 posts
  • Joined: September 01

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:08

Sad to see them go. Thank you for the memories Aguri-san, Sato, Davidson and all the rest.

A sad...sad day indeed.

:cry:

#30 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

  • 16,423 posts
  • Joined: May 04

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:34

Originally posted by ensign14

I wonder though how many of the Super Aguri personnel will end up at Honda. They worked miracles with what they had. A four year old Arrows turned into something that was in touch with the multibillionaires?

They were the same people anyway. If a new bit of carbon fibre was needed for the SA cars, it was a Honda team member who laid up the carbon fibre.

I can see why Fry felt the need to extricate his under performing team from this handcuff, but I'm extremely sad that a great team has had to go under because of it. Always worth a second cheer, these guys.

#31 thiscocks

thiscocks
  • Member

  • 920 posts
  • Joined: October 07

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:20

Yup, another good team gone thanks to the current imposibility of a private team surviving in F1... :mad:

#32 postajegenye

postajegenye
  • Member

  • 1,139 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:21

I just hope Williams won't be the next.

#33 Josta

Josta
  • Member

  • 2,237 posts
  • Joined: October 07

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:24

Originally posted by ensign14

I agree, I don't blame Honda, indeed without Honda there never would have been a Super Aguri in the first place.


You may not blame Honda, but it will be interesting to see if the Japanese people will. Toyota could create a local marketing coup if they replace Glock with Sato, or even sign him up as a test driver for now.

#34 Cenotaph

Cenotaph
  • Member

  • 2,316 posts
  • Joined: May 06

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:29

Thanks Super Aguri



:clap:

#35 Shockabuku

Shockabuku
  • Member

  • 132 posts
  • Joined: February 04

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:33

I hope everyone who worked at Super Aguri from Taku & Little Ant downwards find work quickly.

They did a bloody good job considering they had limited resources, old cars and bugger all money.

#36 miniman

miniman
  • Member

  • 2,457 posts
  • Joined: May 00

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:40

Good-bye Super Aguri, F1 will be poorer and much less interesting without you.

#37 Beamer

Beamer
  • Member

  • 1,350 posts
  • Joined: September 00

Posted 06 May 2008 - 13:55

:cry: respect and goodby to all the team!

#38 trekkypj

trekkypj
  • New Member

  • 6 posts
  • Joined: May 08

Posted 06 May 2008 - 14:03

To the people involved with Super Aguri:

Thank you for beating Honda in 2007 :)

Thank you for giving me a team that I could actually support 100% as underdogs...

Thank you for giving me hope that the sport could recover its tarnished image by surviving as long as you did with everything and everyone who was against you...

And I hope that the end of your journey in F1 will result in meaningful change to the sport that I love, but which I am finding harder to support with every season.

#39 pingu666

pingu666
  • Member

  • 8,668 posts
  • Joined: October 07

Posted 06 May 2008 - 14:09

thankyou to all the people at super aguri, amazing little team

Advertisement

#40 Josta

Josta
  • Member

  • 2,237 posts
  • Joined: October 07

Posted 06 May 2008 - 14:09

To the people involved with Super Aguri:

Thank you for beating Honda in 2007 :)



2007 WCC
1 Ferrari 204
2 BMW 101
3 Renault 51
4 Williams-Toyota 33
5 Red Bull-Renault 24
6 Toyota 13
7 STR-Ferrari 8
8 Honda 6
9 Super Aguri-Honda 4
10 Spyker-Ferrari 1
- McLaren-Mercedes 0

They did beat McLaren though :)

#41 trekkypj

trekkypj
  • New Member

  • 6 posts
  • Joined: May 08

Posted 06 May 2008 - 14:38

Originally posted by Josta


2007 WCC
1 Ferrari 204
2 BMW 101
3 Renault 51
4 Williams-Toyota 33
5 Red Bull-Renault 24
6 Toyota 13
7 STR-Ferrari 8
8 Honda 6
9 Super Aguri-Honda 4
10 Spyker-Ferrari 1
- McLaren-Mercedes 0

They did beat McLaren though :)


I know they didn't ;)

They ought to have though and looking at individual race results.... :D

#42 Welsh

Welsh
  • Member

  • 599 posts
  • Joined: April 05

Posted 06 May 2008 - 17:49

Yes thank you Super Aguri - its a shame that like Prodrive F1, Max Mosely and his idiotic customer rule promise killed you off.

#43 primer

primer
  • Member

  • 6,664 posts
  • Joined: April 06

Posted 06 May 2008 - 17:59

Good riddance -if a bit too late-, they shouldn't have been on the grid in the first place.
Up next: STR.

#44 potmotr

potmotr
  • Member

  • 9,999 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 06 May 2008 - 18:48

I'll never forget watching the legendary Yuki Ide making his debut in Australia 06. What a legendary driver...

#45 macoran

macoran
  • Member

  • 3,989 posts
  • Joined: August 05

Posted 06 May 2008 - 19:02

I just hope we all boycot all products marketted by SS United.
They ****ed Super Aguri good and well. !!!

A team that wanted to race got screwed by buggers who were only after money,!!
fat chauffeur driven M Benzes and slut secretaries (like most multi-nationals)
YUK !! even Mosley and his butt whacking snolls don't reek as bad !!

#46 macoran

macoran
  • Member

  • 3,989 posts
  • Joined: August 05

Posted 06 May 2008 - 19:03

Originally posted by glorius&victorius
I think Aguri Suzuki and his Super Aguri team and his drivers have given us some nice moments over the last 2.5 years!

It was always interesting to see the high morale in the team, everybody enthusiastic inspired and going for it, despite being one of the smallest on the grid!

Their immense joy when getting into the points was great to watch! Seeing them being that happy made you smile! Even last week Barcelona race, seeing Sato trying to get into the points was exciting!

As for Aguri Suzuki and Audetto they really showed that with little resources and great racing spirit they could even outgun the mother Honda team!

THANKS! :up:


:up: very good of you g&v !! you caught the SA spirit :up:

#47 macoran

macoran
  • Member

  • 3,989 posts
  • Joined: August 05

Posted 06 May 2008 - 19:08

Originally posted by postajegenye
I just hope Williams won't be the next.


Somehow, I am hoping the bastard will be the next to go !!!!!!!!!!!!
effing asshole started off with customers cars
I have no pity for the .....man ?

#48 macoran

macoran
  • Member

  • 3,989 posts
  • Joined: August 05

Posted 06 May 2008 - 19:10

Originally posted by Josta


2007 WCC
1 Ferrari 204
2 BMW 101
3 Renault 51
4 Williams-Toyota 33
5 Red Bull-Renault 24
6 Toyota 13
7 STR-Ferrari 8
8 Honda 6
9 Super Aguri-Honda 4
10 Spyker-Ferrari 1
- McLaren-Mercedes 0

They did beat McLaren though :)


I ignore assholes !!

#49 Josta

Josta
  • Member

  • 2,237 posts
  • Joined: October 07

Posted 06 May 2008 - 19:12

Originally posted by primer
Good riddance -if a bit too late-, they shouldn't have been on the grid in the first place.
Up next: STR.


Yeah, then Force India, Red Bull, Williams, Renault, Toyota, Honda, McLaren, and BMW. Then we can have an exciting race between 2 team ordered cars every fortnight. Good Idea. :rolleyes:

#50 potmotr

potmotr
  • Member

  • 9,999 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 06 May 2008 - 19:13

Originally posted by macoran
I just hope we all boycot all products marketted by SS United.


Yes, and I had a large order of shipping to move across the globe. Guess I will use Hanjin instead.