Photo

Important: New GPL Rasterizers Released

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 David Fletcher

David Fletcher

• 7 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 17:35

Nigel Pattinson, the brilliant gentleman who is responsible for many of the recent innovations to Grand Prix Legends, has now released new D3D and OpenGL rasterizers for GPL. We now have true 32-bit support for GPL! Remember the flickering menus? Gone. Lines in the sky while running in OpenGL? No more. And this is not all. You can read the announcement here:

http://forum.rscnet....ad.php?t=318308

In my experience, the display looks better in all aspects. It seems to be brighter and more colorful. If you were seeing any banding in the sky, it's likely gone now. Some people are reporting fps improvement. One gentleman went from running 24-28fps at Montjuich to 31-36fps, a significant improvement. I can't promise you'll see the same, but at least I haven't heard anyone reporting a drop in fps.

On the year of it's 10th(!) anniversary, GPL is still evolving, and it's a testament to the dedication of the people such as Nigel that are continuing to research ways to improve what is in the minds of many the greatest simracing platform ever developed. Long live GPL!

Fletch

Advertisement

#2 vandem

vandem

• 54 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 20:26

Woot :D

I have a three week break between rF leagues, I had planned to get extra practice in ... but ... now ... must get GPL cars out again. If only there was a game that had that Sicilian track ... ;)

#3 Souffle

Souffle

• 55 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 05:31

Very good. And get the Targa Floria w/ 500+ turns the 60fps patch also.

Edited by Souffle, 21 November 2009 - 05:35.

#4 Paolo

Paolo

• 1,677 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:25

Tried the "Nigel's Rasterizer V2" and was a charm, it finally allowed me to run GPL on a iMac (under Vista).

Great.