Jump to content


Photo

Senna Hits Dog


  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 ashnathan

ashnathan
  • Member

  • 5,018 posts
  • Joined: March 07

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:24

Is there any videos or pictures to this? Sounds insane that it could happen at a new F1 track.

Advertisement

#2 Chiara

Chiara
  • Member

  • 1,847 posts
  • Joined: December 06

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:27



its in german.....but anyhow you'll get the idea ;)

#3 Perigee

Perigee
  • Member

  • 895 posts
  • Joined: February 08

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:28

Das hund (or summin?)

#4 potmotr

potmotr
  • Member

  • 9,999 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:36

If you have a listen to the long version of that clip Senna is furious when he gets back to the pits.
You can hear him screaming into his helmet and then at crew members and bosses from his team.
That accident could have easily killed him if he'd been hit in the head.
Given what happened to Bruno's youth after his Uncle Ayrton was killed (he was pulled from karting for a decade) I wonder how shaken up he has really been by his near death experience with that pooch?

#5 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

  • 16,690 posts
  • Joined: May 04

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:37

It's a good job this didn't happen to Schumie, it would have completely ruined his race. With his uber skills he would of course have missed the dog. However, he would have stopped to feed it, pet it a while, throw a ball for it and then add it to his canine harem.

In the meantime, his nearest rival would have gone on to score 10 points. Doh!

#6 scheivlak

scheivlak
  • Member

  • 11,487 posts
  • Joined: August 01

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:41

Longer clip, including Senna's fury: http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#7 Perigee

Perigee
  • Member

  • 895 posts
  • Joined: February 08

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:56

As Bernie now owns this track, should the FIA be fining Bernie for not maintaining the track-side fencing to a high enough standard?

#8 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

  • 16,690 posts
  • Joined: May 04

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:58

Originally posted by Perigee
As Bernie now owns this track, should the FIA be fining Bernie for not maintaining the track-side fencing to a high enough standard?

Apparently yes.

#9 Perigee

Perigee
  • Member

  • 895 posts
  • Joined: February 08

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:02

Originally posted by Buttoneer

Apparently yes.

Yes, I read that, but who would be regarded as the "organisers" I wonder? The track owner, or the people he pays (presumably) to do the work.

#10 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

  • 16,690 posts
  • Joined: May 04

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:05

Originally posted by Perigee

Yes, I read that, but who would be regarded as the "organisers" I wonder? The track owner, or the people he pays (presumably) to do the work.

If the organisers get the fine, I would argue that they have every right to take the circuit owner to task because it's his fences.

#11 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Nostalgia Forum Moderator

  • 24,255 posts
  • Joined: April 01

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:53

The punishment should of course fit the crime. I reckon about $50 million per dog would be fair ..... :cool:

#12 Perigee

Perigee
  • Member

  • 895 posts
  • Joined: February 08

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:14

Originally posted by Vitesse2
The punishment should of course fit the crime. I reckon about $50 million per dog would be fair ..... :cool:

Had the dogs been involved with receiving and implementing IP it had no right to, and then continued to deny it until the point where the proof was there for all to see, and even then was reluctant to admit it had done anything wrong? If that is the case, your fine sounds about fair to me :)

#13 JacnGille

JacnGille
  • Member

  • 1,599 posts
  • Joined: July 02

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:16

Originally posted by Vitesse2
The punishment should of course fit the crime. I reckon about $50 million per dog would be fair ..... :cool:


:up:

#14 Milt

Milt
  • Member

  • 1,723 posts
  • Joined: June 03

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:21

Originally posted by Vitesse2
The punishment should of course fit the crime. I reckon about $50 million per dog would be fair ..... :cool:

:up:

#15 aportinga

aportinga
  • Member

  • 7,793 posts
  • Joined: November 01

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:24

Originally posted by Buttoneer
It's a good job this didn't happen to Schumie, it would have completely ruined his race. With his uber skills he would of course have missed the dog. However, he would have stopped to feed it, pet it a while, throw a ball for it and then add it to his canine harem.

In the meantime, his nearest rival would have gone on to score 10 points. Doh!


Not if it was Barrichello. He would parked sideways on the track and prevented all other drivers from passing until Schumi was ready to take it back on to the track.

#16 Peter

Peter
  • Member

  • 1,392 posts
  • Joined: March 99

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:53

Max to Bernie,

"as long are we are both in charge of our respective domains, I see no reason to pursue this further..."

"...but I do expect a nice welcome at Monaco"

:lol:

#17 Dolph

Dolph
  • Member

  • 4,888 posts
  • Joined: March 01

Posted 13 May 2008 - 16:21

Originally posted by Perigee

Had the dogs been involved with receiving and implementing IP it had no right to, and then continued to deny it until the point where the proof was there for all to see, and even then was reluctant to admit it had done anything wrong? If that is the case, your fine sounds about fair to me :)


Since when has denying smth been worth a 100 M$?

#18 Hippo

Hippo
  • Member

  • 2,378 posts
  • Joined: April 08

Posted 13 May 2008 - 16:39

Originally posted by Vitesse2
The punishment should of course fit the crime. I reckon about $50 million per dog would be fair ..... :cool:

Yeah! I personally think Barcelona should have been fined $25 million per costume too. :smoking:

#19 Rabbit123

Rabbit123
  • Member

  • 255 posts
  • Joined: May 08

Posted 13 May 2008 - 19:57

Remeber your road sense! (that goes for "das Hund" as well).

Advertisement

#20 dgsg

dgsg
  • Member

  • 553 posts
  • Joined: March 01

Posted 13 May 2008 - 20:34

Thought I was going to video of him running into a Honda! :blush:

#21 MrAerodynamicist

MrAerodynamicist
  • Member

  • 13,692 posts
  • Joined: March 99

Posted 13 May 2008 - 20:36

What, no Irvine jokes?

#22 IOU 16

IOU 16
  • Member

  • 328 posts
  • Joined: July 06

Posted 13 May 2008 - 21:26

Originally posted by potmotr
If you have a listen to the long version of that clip Senna is furious when he gets back to the pits.
You can hear him screaming into his helmet and then at crew members and bosses from his team.
That accident could have easily killed him if he'd been hit in the head.
Given what happened to Bruno's youth after his Uncle Ayrton was killed (he was pulled from karting for a decade) I wonder how shaken up he has really been by his near death experience with that pooch?


Alot like Cristiano daMatta and the deer he hit.


Well, that scratches off a return to the Hermanos Rodriguez Autodromo in Mexico City then, as every time Nascar and Champ Car races there, there seems to be dog running around the circuit.

#23 Risil

Risil
  • Member

  • 13,907 posts
  • Joined: February 07

Posted 13 May 2008 - 21:28

Originally posted by IOU 16


Well, that scratches off a return to the Hermanos Rodriguez Autodromo in Mexico City then, as every time Nascar and Champ Car races there, there seems to be dog running around the circuit.


I guess that kinda brings a new meaning to the lucky dog rule.

#24 F575 GTC

F575 GTC
  • Member

  • 920 posts
  • Joined: May 07

Posted 13 May 2008 - 22:10

Originally posted by dgsg
Thought I was going to video of him running into a Honda! :blush:


:lol: :up:

It could have also been a certain poster on here! Unfortunatly not though!

#25 pRy

pRy
  • Member

  • 10,923 posts
  • Joined: March 99

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:03

I'm not sure if this happens at other tracks too, but I noticed the fans got onto the circuit and into the pit lane as the cars were still driving down the pit lane. Some spectators were stood next to moving cars. I always thought that was a big no no. Say what you like about Silverstone, but at least they've ensured fans have never gotten onto the track again after the events of 1992. Then again, not much reason for them to do so these days.

#26 Jacquesback

Jacquesback
  • Member

  • 1,678 posts
  • Joined: February 06

Posted 14 May 2008 - 14:00

Originally posted by pRy
I'm not sure if this happens at other tracks too, but I noticed the fans got onto the circuit and into the pit lane as the cars were still driving down the pit lane. Some spectators were stood next to moving cars. I always thought that was a big no no. Say what you like about Silverstone, but at least they've ensured fans have never gotten onto the track again after the events of 1992. Then again, not much reason for them to do so these days.


Did you forget about the crazy irish priest?

#27 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

  • 16,690 posts
  • Joined: May 04

Posted 14 May 2008 - 14:08

I quite like track invasions. They do it at Spa, at Monza, and at Budapest, but it's somehow verbotten at Silverstone.

More to do with the fact that they need to carry on with other racing after F1 finishes so everyone doesn't leave the circuit at the same time I think.

#28 Clatter

Clatter
  • Member

  • 27,328 posts
  • Joined: February 00

Posted 14 May 2008 - 16:47

http://sport.setanta...r-dog-incident/

So the organizers cannot guarantee this sort of incident won't happen again. Will be interesting to see a response on this. I'd place money that if certain other circuits said something along those lines Bernie would be all over them like a rash.

#29 tahadar

tahadar
  • Member

  • 499 posts
  • Joined: February 08

Posted 14 May 2008 - 16:50

Originally posted by Jacquesback


Did you forget about the crazy irish priest?


ahhh father neil horan :lol:
http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Neil_Horan

idiot took out the leader of a pretty big marathon a few years back :(

#30 Mila

Mila
  • Member

  • 5,710 posts
  • Joined: December 99

Posted 15 May 2008 - 02:59

Originally posted by Vitesse2
The punishment should of course fit the crime. I reckon about $50 million per dog would be fair ..... :cool:


double if the dogs were from Cyprus. :)


Originally posted by pRy
I'm not sure if this happens at other tracks too, but I noticed the fans got onto the circuit and into the pit lane as the cars were still driving down the pit lane. Some spectators were stood next to moving cars. I always thought that was a big no no. Say what you like about Silverstone, but at least they've ensured fans have never gotten onto the track again after the events of 1992. Then again, not much reason for them to do so these days.


Canada 95 was very scary. the invasion began as Alesi started his final lap, and a handful of cars were still racing long after he took the flag.


Originally posted by IOU 16
Well, that scratches off a return to the Hermanos Rodriguez Autodromo in Mexico City then, as every time Nascar and Champ Car races there, there seems to be dog running around the circuit.


Mexico 70 was run with spectators lining the sides of the track. Stewart struck a loose dog.


I don't believe that this thread mentions Hakkinen's bird strike in Brazil 95.

also, there was a tiger on the loose in Malaysia. I don't recall the year, however.

#31 OfficeLinebacker

OfficeLinebacker
  • Member

  • 14,019 posts
  • Joined: December 07

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:09

I don't know Portugese (I am fluent in Spanish) and I can here the amazement in the voices of the commentators.

They even bring us the Da Matta incident.

I love both, but I have to ask, when was the last time anything alive that wasn't human made an incursion at a NASCAR track with a collision?

Senna has every right to be incensed. I mean, WTF? Did you see that front wheel? I few inches difference and we're talking another da Matta, or worse, another Tom Pryce.

Of course nothing will come of this.

#32 speedmaster

speedmaster
  • Member

  • 3,738 posts
  • Joined: April 02

Posted 15 May 2008 - 06:25

Originally posted by OfficeLinebacker
I don't know Portugese (I am fluent in Spanish) and I can here the amazement in the voices of the commentators.

They even bring us the Da Matta incident.

I love both, but I have to ask, when was the last time anything alive that wasn't human made an incursion at a NASCAR track with a collision?

Senna has every right to be incensed. I mean, WTF? Did you see that front wheel? I few inches difference and we're talking another da Matta, or worse, another Tom Pryce.

Of course nothing will come of this.


The funny thing of the transmission (in Portuguese) is that the narrator says "I think he killed the dog".... think? What a putz.... Auto racing deserves better commentators in and out of Brazil....

#33 Josta

Josta
  • Member

  • 2,237 posts
  • Joined: October 07

Posted 15 May 2008 - 06:40

Originally posted by speedmaster


The funny thing of the transmission (in Portuguese) is that the narrator says "I think he killed the dog".... think? What a putz.... Auto racing deserves better commentators in and out of Brazil....



:rotfl:

What did he think that Turkey has some sort of super dog that can survive being hit by a racing car at speed?

BTW, the title "Senna hits dog" evokes images of blazing saddles where a horse gets punched in the face. :)

#34 OfficeLinebacker

OfficeLinebacker
  • Member

  • 14,019 posts
  • Joined: December 07

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:21

Originally posted by speedmaster


The funny thing of the transmission (in Portuguese) is that the narrator says "I think he killed the dog".... think? What a putz.... Auto racing deserves better commentators in and out of Brazil....


That's kind of like Darrel Waltrip saying 'I think he killed the car' after seeing it with one of the wheels pointed to the sky.

.... think?

#35 OfficeLinebacker

OfficeLinebacker
  • Member

  • 14,019 posts
  • Joined: December 07

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:12

Originally posted by OfficeLinebacker
I love both, but I have to ask, when was the last time anything alive that wasn't human made an incursion at a NASCAR track with a collision?


At least as recently as 1991:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related