Photo

DC Will he come back?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 22:16

Let's see DC do something in Montreal. That likeable ozzie Webber is showing him up! When he gives interviews do you detect that lack of interest in his manner? Has he given up inside? Come on David, be the man you were in 2000/2001. The car is OK, you can do something - start punching! Can we hope? :clap:

Advertisement

#2 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 22:18

You can punch Massa if you want :p

#3 Gecko

Gecko

• 876 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:15

I think he will. He's going to "surprise" a lot of people when he does finish in high points, but the fact is he always had the pace to do so, just that his luck was appaling so far this year. Some of it was admittedly his own fault, but he also received more than his fair share of pure bad luck as well.

#4 bogi

bogi

• 4,105 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 08:34

He will come back in three colors;

http://www.sniffpetr...ulthardshit.jpg

:rotfl:

#5 Perigee

Perigee

• 895 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 12:00

I would like to see the likeable journeyman's seat given to a driver with more potential.

#6 kodandaram

kodandaram

• 4,378 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 13:51

DC is very articulate about everything he talks about - the car setup , racing , rules ...you name it. Sometimes you just get the feeling maybe he should just stop thinking so much about everything and get on with it.
You know , there are ppl like Kimi who hardly speak and let their driving do the talking. DC used to be one of those kinds who seemed to be a genuine race winner. However since 2003 It seems he has lost something - maybe its the fire inside ?
Or maybe its just age ? I dont know but apart from one or two races every season where he is on form , he comes across like a wise old sage who has all the wisdom when talking but cant quite back it up with results.

DCs seat is at a lot of risk given Vettel is doing things with an identical car.

#7 giacomo

giacomo

• 6,977 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 13:54

"If he doesn't, then I'm gonna kick three colours of **** out of the little bastard."

The 'wise old sage' at his best. :p

#8 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 39,771 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 14:37

Originally posted by kodandaram
However since 2003 It seems he has lost something - maybe its the fire inside ?

Maybe he stopped driving WCC cars? Just a hunch.

#9 giacomo

giacomo

• 6,977 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 15:01

Originally posted by Alfisti

Maybe he stopped driving WCC cars? Just a hunch.

He stopped driving WCC cars in 2000. Doesn't correlate with his slump beginning in 2003.

#10 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,341 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 15:39

Considering that DC is the greatest British driver of all time this thread is an insult to his legend :smoking:

#11 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 15:54

Originally posted by kodandaram
DC is very articulate about everything he talks about - the car setup , racing , rules ...you name it. Sometimes you just get the feeling maybe he should just stop thinking so much about everything and get on with it.
You know , there are ppl like Kimi who hardly speak and let their driving do the talking. DC used to be one of those kinds who seemed to be a genuine race winner. However since 2003 It seems he has lost something - maybe its the fire inside ?
Or maybe its just age ? I dont know but apart from one or two races every season where he is on form , he comes across like a wise old sage who has all the wisdom when talking but cant quite back it up with results.

DCs seat is at a lot of risk given Vettel is doing things with an identical car.

From 2003 onwards, there was alot of rule changes, qualifying changed, and race warm was gone, something DC actually spoke about and dissappointed about, he was a driver who tinkered with his car right up until the last moment, he didn't have great natural talent, but he had talent and a work ethic to be competitive at some tracks.

#12 Rabbit123

Rabbit123

• 255 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 20:29

Originally posted by Hacklerf
Considering that DC is the greatest British driver of all time this thread is an insult to his legend :smoking:

Indeed, the greatest, but maybe not the most famous. :smoking:

#13 potmotr

potmotr

• 12,995 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 20:34

DC is bouncing back. In three races time we'll all be talking about his renaissance.

#14 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 20:37

He let it slip that this will be his last season.
I'll miss him.

#15 potmotr

potmotr

• 12,995 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 21:00

Originally posted by Atreiu
He let it slip that this will be his last season.

When did say that?

#16 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 21:13

Originally posted by potmotr

When did say that?

http://ultimosegundo...4/490234_1.html

Vettel should take his seat and he won't drive for other teams or at NASCAR.

#17 ex Rhodie racer

ex Rhodie racer

• 3,002 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 21:30

No.

#18 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 21:30

Originally posted by potmotr

When did say that?

And in English!

#19 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 6,287 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 21:48

DC's days are winding down. It was a good, though not great, carreer. Several fine wins, a few gaffs, some amazing girlfriends, and lots of witty remarks in the press. DC is a 90s driver from the Schumacher, Hill, Villeneuve era. There's still a little life left in the old dog, but definitely nearing the end. I enjoyed watching him warts and all.

Advertisement

#20 Slatz

Slatz

• 670 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 22:20

The way he's talking and the comments from Red Bull seem to indicate this is his last year of driving F1.

He had a fine drive in Canada and a good quali in France, but it seems its time to hang up the helmet to me. He had some great races in a long career.

Red Bull management or BBC commentator?

#21 Mauseri

Mauseri

• 7,644 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 23:48

Originally posted by Slatz
The way he's talking and the comments from Red Bull seem to indicate this is his last year of driving F1.

From racing he retired already some time ago.

#22 IOU 16

IOU 16

• 328 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 00:10

Originally posted by dank

And in English!

I like this quote.

Auto Motor und Sport reports that the most likely next move for Coulthard is a management role at RBR, but it is also rumoured that he has been offered a spot as an expert pundit for British television in 2009.

I still think DC will stay. He will have to think this over. It is early still in the season, not even half way.

#23 Vegetableman

Vegetableman

• 197 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 00:25

DC with the BBC would be fantastic. As someone else said he is so articulate, alot of the english drivers seem to be, Ant Davidson wasn't bad in the commentary box either. However I'd hope it's not at the expense of Brundle.

#24 LB

LB

• 13,575 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 02:36

Originally posted by Vegetableman
DC with the BBC would be fantastic. As someone else said he is so articulate, alot of the english drivers seem to be, Ant Davidson wasn't bad in the commentary box either. However I'd hope it's not at the expense of Brundle.

Funnily he isn't English

#25 Vegetableman

Vegetableman

• 197 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:06

Sorry, from the UK. You know what I meant :)

#26 kamix

kamix

• 1,238 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:38

DC has had an utterly **** and embarassing season, from multiple crashes where he was at fault, complete lack of qualifying speed, disgraceful media comments ranging from 'it wasn't my fault, lalalalala' after crashing another guy out of the race, to violent threats and veiled insults. His only saving grace has been a podium he lucked into, based again on a **** qualifying effort, the resulting fuel load and a very timely safety car.

Now it looks like he could be on for a good race this weekend, and from a Webber/Newey/RBR fans perspective I will be cheering him on and hope they both get some good points. But I really struggle to see how all the British fans just gloss over his attitude, mouthing off to the press and lack of form and give him the thumbs up ...