Jump to content


Photo

Silverstone Test 24-26th June 2008


  • Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

#51 dank

dank
  • Member

  • 5,191 posts
  • Joined: August 07

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:04

My tickets for Thursday arrived in the post today along with a receipt for payment... and nothing else.

Am I supposed to guess what time the gates open, where to go etc?!

Advertisement

#52 Josta

Josta
  • Member

  • 2,237 posts
  • Joined: October 07

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:23

Originally posted by kar


Congestion charge is only applied weekdays. So weekends it is _not_ applicable.


Didn't Boris promise to scrap it before he was elected?

#53 kar

kar
  • Member

  • 10,310 posts
  • Joined: January 06

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:26

Originally posted by Josta


Didn't Boris promise to scrap it before he was elected?


IIRC it was to scrap the co2 congestion charge on 'polluting' vehicles. The general congestion charge scheme wont be affected by that though, if he goes through with his promise.

#54 Suzy

Suzy
  • Member

  • 1,099 posts
  • Joined: April 01

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:29

Testing hours are usually 10am-1pm and 2pm-5pm. There is a one hour break for lunch between 1pm and 2pm.

I'm guessing that the gates will be open from about 9am based on the opening hours of the SRC.

#55 y2cragie

y2cragie
  • Member

  • 271 posts
  • Joined: March 08

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:56

Originally posted by dank
My tickets for Thursday arrived in the post today along with a receipt for payment... and nothing else.

Am I supposed to guess what time the gates open, where to go etc?!


I usually aim to be at the track for 9. As for where to go. Aim for the main entrance off the A43. if they are putting us in farm, I would imagine they will use the gravel car park just behind Farm itself. It should be fairly well sign posted.

#56 F1billy

F1billy
  • New Member

  • 5 posts
  • Joined: June 08

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:04

I have heard from a good friend (uni friend) who works at McLaren, that Lewis is definately testing on the Tuesday 24th!

Heikki will test the other two days.

He also told me that all teams are booked in for the test now!

Pleased I have my 3 day tickets. I will definately get to see Lewis!!

#57 y2cragie

y2cragie
  • Member

  • 271 posts
  • Joined: March 08

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:28

To be fair i've seen lewis testing the Mclaren and I've only seen Kovi once in the renault in 06, so it'll be good to see him instead of Lewis this year. Although going by last year who know's. I think half the drivers who were supposed to turn up didn't. We got Kimi instead of Massa and Pedro instead of Fernando for instance.

#58 dank

dank
  • Member

  • 5,191 posts
  • Joined: August 07

Posted 17 June 2008 - 17:08

Originally posted by y2cragie


I usually aim to be at the track for 9. As for where to go. Aim for the main entrance off the A43. if they are putting us in farm, I would imagine they will use the gravel car park just behind Farm itself. It should be fairly well sign posted.


Just got an email response from customer services at Silverstone.

Gates open at 08.00 and testing is between 09.00 - 13.00 and then 14.00 to 17.00

#59 y2cragie

y2cragie
  • Member

  • 271 posts
  • Joined: March 08

Posted 17 June 2008 - 20:57

Cheers mate.
I'll still aim for the 9'ish slot. Wont miss much in the first few minutes, quite fun pulling up past the track and hearing the cars get louder as you get closer:)

Advertisement

#60 dank

dank
  • Member

  • 5,191 posts
  • Joined: August 07

Posted 17 June 2008 - 21:22

Looks like the only remaining tickets are for Tuesday now.

#61 Dalton007

Dalton007
  • Member

  • 3,056 posts
  • Joined: April 04

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:15

I'll be there on Wed. Tickets haven't arrived though.

#62 y2cragie

y2cragie
  • Member

  • 271 posts
  • Joined: March 08

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:28

Might be worth giving them a quick call to see whats going on.

#63 Kop Alonso

Kop Alonso
  • Member

  • 277 posts
  • Joined: November 07

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:39

Got my tickets for the Thursday test land on the doormat yesterday....

:clap:

#64 ohms12

ohms12
  • New Member

  • 3 posts
  • Joined: June 08

Posted 18 June 2008 - 14:05

I managed to get myself a 3 day pass after i bought Tuesday tickets, so now i have 2 spare Tuesday tickets. They're there if anyone's interested.

has anyone managed to find a schedule for who's testing on what day? I can't find much info at all! :(

#65 F1billy

F1billy
  • New Member

  • 5 posts
  • Joined: June 08

Posted 18 June 2008 - 17:09

Like I said,

Lewis is testing on the Tuesday and Heikki on Wed and Thurs.

Bring it on.

I also know that jarno and Timo are testing.

#66 Dalton007

Dalton007
  • Member

  • 3,056 posts
  • Joined: April 04

Posted 18 June 2008 - 18:41

Originally posted by y2cragie
Might be worth giving them a quick call to see whats going on.


Tickets arrived :clap: If you see a guy in a tux, say hello.

Is Button testing on Wed?

#67 y2cragie

y2cragie
  • Member

  • 271 posts
  • Joined: March 08

Posted 18 June 2008 - 22:10

No idea yet who's going to be there, probably see a provisional list on sunday or monday.

#68 ohms12

ohms12
  • New Member

  • 3 posts
  • Joined: June 08

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:41

Originally posted by F1billy
Like I said,

Lewis is testing on the Tuesday and Heikki on Wed and Thurs.

Bring it on.

I also know that jarno and Timo are testing.


Aye i read that earlier on. Cheers!

If i get to see Kimi? I'll be happy :p

#69 smartie_f1

smartie_f1
  • Member

  • 296 posts
  • Joined: April 06

Posted 21 June 2008 - 18:01

Originally posted by y2cragie
To be fair i've seen lewis testing the Mclaren and I've only seen Kovi once in the renault in 06, so it'll be good to see him instead of Lewis this year. Although going by last year who know's. I think half the drivers who were supposed to turn up didn't. We got Kimi instead of Massa and Pedro instead of Fernando for instance.


Last year for ferrari it was Luca Tuesday, Kimi wednesday and Massa Thursday. For McLaren it was Pedro tuesday and I think wednesday and Fernando on on Thursday.

I think its Massa Tues/Weds this year and Kimi Thursday. Piquet Tues/Weds and Alonso Thurs

#70 karlth

karlth
  • Member

  • 16,258 posts
  • Joined: August 99

Posted 21 June 2008 - 18:07

So everything is sold out and no chance of seeing the test?

#71 y2cragie

y2cragie
  • Member

  • 271 posts
  • Joined: March 08

Posted 21 June 2008 - 19:34

Originally posted by smartie_f1


Last year for ferrari it was Luca Tuesday, Kimi wednesday and Massa Thursday. For McLaren it was Pedro tuesday and I think wednesday and Fernando on on Thursday.

I think its Massa Tues/Weds this year and Kimi Thursday. Piquet Tues/Weds and Alonso Thurs


Cheers mate.
Thats great news for me as far as Massa is concerned. I've not seen him at a test yet and he's my preferred Ferrari driver. Last year I was there on the wednesday and we were told Massa was supposed to be there but we got Kimi. So it works out quite nicely.
I saw Piquet in 2006 in one of his first Renault tests with Heikki, when they were allowed two cars. I've got a nice picture on the ITV fan picture site of his Engine going bang,

#72 LindaC

LindaC
  • Member

  • 246 posts
  • Joined: May 01

Posted 21 June 2008 - 20:46

Jarno is there Tuesday and Wednesday and Timo on Thursday.

#73 philhitchings

philhitchings
  • Member

  • 18,240 posts
  • Joined: March 01

Posted 22 June 2008 - 14:09

Originally posted by y2cragie
Cheers mate.
I'll still aim for the 9'ish slot. Wont miss much in the first few minutes, quite fun pulling up past the track and hearing the cars get louder as you get closer:)


I've been before and they're often out pretty quickly once the pitlane opens. I'll be there on Thursday only. Centre access :cool: If I get down to the inside at Farm for some pics you guys will make the background look like a Race weekend :up:

@ suzy are you going to be around on Thursday? it'd be nice to meet up again, if you have time at the end of the day

#74 Suzy

Suzy
  • Member

  • 1,099 posts
  • Joined: April 01

Posted 22 June 2008 - 14:49

Originally posted by philhitchings


I've been before and they're often out pretty quickly once the pitlane opens. I'll be there on Thursday only. Centre access :cool: If I get down to the inside at Farm for some pics you guys will make the background look like a Race weekend :up:

@ suzy are you going to be around on Thursday? it'd be nice to meet up again, if you have time at the end of the day


Hi Phil

I'm around all 3 days. I'd like to meet up; anybody else fancy a little gathering on one of the days?

#75 philhitchings

philhitchings
  • Member

  • 18,240 posts
  • Joined: March 01

Posted 22 June 2008 - 17:47

excellent! I'll contact you on the day :)

#76 dank

dank
  • Member

  • 5,191 posts
  • Joined: August 07

Posted 22 June 2008 - 17:48

Going Thursday as well with the missus.

I might have a spare ticket going up for grabs though as I won a couple through Motorsport Magazine!

#77 y2cragie

y2cragie
  • Member

  • 271 posts
  • Joined: March 08

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:22

Got your number suzy as i'll be there wed I'll contact you in the morning.

Just checked the silverstone website, they are now saying they are opening several grandstands, does this mean that farm is still it? or are they going to also open up anywhere else? Any info would be appreciated.

#78 Suzy

Suzy
  • Member

  • 1,099 posts
  • Joined: April 01

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:44

I don't yet know what, if any, other grandstands will be open. Luffield, Woodcote and the Pit Straight are unlikely to be open because of the construction work behind them. I'll ask the circuit though - can't guarantee getting an answer in time though. :rolleyes:

#79 hello86

hello86
  • Member

  • 3,660 posts
  • Joined: February 06

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:46

Wish you all good fun there! :clap: :up:

Does someone know which driver will test which day?

Advertisement

#80 condor

condor
  • Member

  • 11,308 posts
  • Joined: April 01

Posted 23 June 2008 - 18:12

I'm there all 3 days :) Looks like it's going to be sunny each day too :cool:
Could meet up lunch-time and have a bring a plate type picnic :wave:

#81 LindaC

LindaC
  • Member

  • 246 posts
  • Joined: May 01

Posted 23 June 2008 - 21:51

Originally posted by LindaC
Jarno is there Tuesday and Wednesday and Timo on Thursday.



Update.... Kamui Kobayashi is now driving Tuesday for Toyota, while Jarno is doing promo stuff. Blink and everything changes in F1! :rolleyes:

#82 philhitchings

philhitchings
  • Member

  • 18,240 posts
  • Joined: March 01

Posted 23 June 2008 - 22:13

condor, I have lunch provided but I might still turn op with a plate of something :up:

#83 dutra

dutra
  • Member

  • 1,062 posts
  • Joined: June 01

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:38

Is it possible to follow up this test on internet?

#84 D A

D A
  • Member

  • 888 posts
  • Joined: October 07

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:38

So testing has begun about 40 minutes ago. Anyone know the full line up today? So far I only know McLaren and Toyota.

#85 hello86

hello86
  • Member

  • 3,660 posts
  • Joined: February 06

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:42

I thought it will behin tomorrow? :confused:

#86 raikkonenpower

raikkonenpower
  • Member

  • 67 posts
  • Joined: June 08

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:42

are there any links following the first day of testing?

#87 D A

D A
  • Member

  • 888 posts
  • Joined: October 07

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:44

Originally posted by hello86
I thought it will behin tomorrow? :confused:


All sites say 24th-26th.

#88 hello86

hello86
  • Member

  • 3,660 posts
  • Joined: February 06

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:45

Originally posted by D A


All sites say 24th-26th.


except the site i read :lol:

so thanks. :up:

#89 AFCA

AFCA
  • Member

  • 6,661 posts
  • Joined: February 06

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:47

Massa is testing today.

#90 raikkonenpower

raikkonenpower
  • Member

  • 67 posts
  • Joined: June 08

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:48

AFCA any links covering today's testing?

#91 dutra

dutra
  • Member

  • 1,062 posts
  • Joined: June 01

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:50

Here in Brazil everybody is saying that Piquet will run the tree days for Renault.

#92 AFCA

AFCA
  • Member

  • 6,661 posts
  • Joined: February 06

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:52

Originally posted by raikkonenpower
AFCA any links covering today's testing?


I'm afraid not but I don't know to be honest...

#93 Raifosa

Raifosa
  • Member

  • 468 posts
  • Joined: October 07

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:53

Originally posted by dutra
Here in Brazil everybody is saying that Piquet will run the tree days for Renault.

According to the Renault blog, Piquet will be testing today and tomorrow while Alonso on Thursday.

For the other teams:
Webber
Kovalainen
Rosberg
Liuzzi
Vettel
Kobayashi
Massa
Kubica
Button



#94 dutra

dutra
  • Member

  • 1,062 posts
  • Joined: June 01

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:58

Originally posted by Raifosa

According to the Renault blog, Piquet will be testing today and tomorrow while Alonso on Thursday.


:up:
didn't know that.

#95 K-One

K-One
  • Member

  • 5,917 posts
  • Joined: June 00

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:58

Originally posted by AFCA
Massa is testing today.


Massa 2 days, KR one day - reversed when testing in Hockenheim

#96 dutra

dutra
  • Member

  • 1,062 posts
  • Joined: June 01

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:03

Normally f1today.nl do this follow up but so far they are annoucing the test for tomorow...

#97 raikkonenpower

raikkonenpower
  • Member

  • 67 posts
  • Joined: June 08

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:27

f1today.nl must be out of their minds.How come such a huge mistake getting the dates wrong

#98 Raifosa

Raifosa
  • Member

  • 468 posts
  • Joined: October 07

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:36

http://www.sidepodca...om-silverstone/

#99 dutra

dutra
  • Member

  • 1,062 posts
  • Joined: June 01

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:49

Originally posted by Raifosa
http://www.sidepodca...om-silverstone/


:up: thanks!

Advertisement

#100 raikkonenpower

raikkonenpower
  • Member

  • 67 posts
  • Joined: June 08

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:58

any times yet?