Kimi - a hypocrite?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
141 replies to this topic

#51 Mika Mika

Mika Mika

• 6,746 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 18:35

Originally posted by Spunout

And that changes things...how, exactly? Are you suggesting it was FIA conspiracy?

Isn't it always a FIA conspiracy...

Advertisement

#52 giacomo

giacomo

• 6,977 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 18:36

Originally posted by as65p

Now tell us what Piquet and Schumacher would have done, please.

Piquet would have kicked Hamilton immediately. And Schumacher wouldn't have been rammed by Hamilton at all. In his case it would have been vice versa. ;)

#53 Nitropower

Nitropower

• 1,225 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 18:37

Originally posted by Anomnader

I'm not a lewis fanatic, but many forumers are surly full of it, they are prepared to attack every word Lewis says, whether asked by a news reporter, analysis it and even make it out to be something it is not.

This type of behavior is not practiced in regards to any other driver, and people should consider that when they make their continuous slamming statements.

As for expecting to thank Lewis for robbing of gain points, again, Kimi seems to have a short memory as this is something he knows very well having done it himself.

you sure you aren't? Do you think people attack Lewis whenever he talks, or whenever he brags and gets sennasque? Because lately we've had our fix of the latter.

That behaviour is practiced against others, for example with Alonso, if he talks or complains people go after him. To be honest I haven't seen undeserved slamming statements about LH, the last ones regarding the pit incident seem to be pretty much justified.

The Kimi incident is not the same, people felt so sorry for poor Sutil, had it been someone else such as Heidfeld it wouldn't have been commented the same way, and it was a racing incident, he had a problem with his brakes, not missing a red light and crashing into your main WDC opponent.

#54 F575 GTC

F575 GTC

• 921 posts

Well maybe it's just me, but posting up a detailed report on the entire weekend - not just the incident - on his own website is nothing out of the ordinary. Yes it's a few days after the event but not everything has to happen instantly. I also can't see how he's hypocritical at all with what he's said but there we go.

#55 Mika Mika

Mika Mika

• 6,746 posts

Originally posted by giacomo
Piquet would have kicked Hamilton immediately. And Schumacher wouldn't have been rammed by Hamilton at all. In his case it would have been vice versa. ;)

HAHAHA

Then piquet's son would be rubbish ;) oh sorry that is happening....

#56 Mika Mika

Mika Mika

• 6,746 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 18:39

I don't get it, how can I be more pragmatic than both drivers, these things happen... Schumacher made mistakes just as stupid in his time...

#57 imaginesix

imaginesix

• 5,843 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 18:40

Kimi sez he likes bagels wit butter not creme cheez.

He'z such a wank :down:

#58 rodlamas

rodlamas

• 8,066 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 18:41

Kimi should stop talking and start delivering more.

His teammate, even with a stupid spin in Malaysia, is still 3 points ahead.

#59 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 18:41

Originally posted by Mika Mika
I don't get it, how can I be more pragmatic than both drivers, these things happen... Schumacher made mistakes just as stupid in his time...

Well, lets be fair, you're not followed around by reporters and neither is your everyword ripped apart on forums and made out to be something it is not.

Advertisement

#60 giacomo

giacomo

• 6,977 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 18:47

Well, lets be fair, you're not followed around by reporters and neither is your everyword ripped apart on forums and made out to be something it is not.

ALL F1 drivers are followed around by reporters all the time, not only Hamilton. But somehow Hamilton seems to have a special talent to deliver extra dubious quotes.

BTW, weren't you the one to open this thread in order to rip apart some Raikkonen one-liners?

#61 as65p

as65p

• 17,796 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 18:48

Originally posted by giacomo

:D

I especially like your suggestions that Piquet should kick... punching a helmet, like he tried with Salazar, isn't terribly effective.;)

#62 F1Johnny

F1Johnny

• 5,556 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 18:51

Originally posted by SlateGray

NO he did not :p

post it if you think he did cuz I did not see it.

As well as Hamilton apologising to Raikkonen for what happened, autosport.com has learned that Mercedes-Benz motorsport boss Norbert Haug and McLaren F1 CEO Martin Whitmarsh also said sorry to Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali on Sunday night in Montreal.

That said. I think Kimi should still be boiling from what happened. He is just letting off some Iceman steam.

#63 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,768 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 18:52

"It is a lot different if you crash into the wall and are angry, it is not like that. I apologise to Kimi if I cost him the race, but these sort of things happen.

"I would rather neither of us were out, we were so quick, I was in front. Next time."

Anom and craft, which of those underlined words did you not understand?

#64 Amrl

Amrl

• 785 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 18:55

Originally posted by F575 GTC
Well maybe it's just me, but posting up a detailed report on the entire weekend - not just the incident - on his own website is nothing out of the ordinary. Yes it's a few days after the event but not everything has to happen instantly. I also can't see how he's hypocritical at all with what he's said but there we go.

Exactly :up: All things considered Kimi took the incident pretty well. A rather silly thread made in response to the criticism Hamilton invited with his silly comments?

#65 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Originally posted by Konsta

Unfortunately it has nothing to do with the thread title.

#66 craftverk

craftverk

• 2,810 posts

Are you accusing me of not being able to read? Thanks. :up:

#67 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 18:58

Originally posted by Amrl

Exactly :up: All things considered Kimi took the incident pretty well. A rather silly thread made in response to the criticism Hamilton invited with his silly comments?

I didn't know Autosport was Kimi own personal website?

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/68210

No, just how different people react to different drivers depending on whos fan boy they are, and ho they change their thoughts on incidents from driver to driver.

Sutil/Kimi there was a few calling for him to be punished, a lot defending, I said nothing as I prefer a F1 race to be fair the week after.

Pity it couldn't be the same this week.

#68 Pikku Pakkanen

Pikku Pakkanen

• 732 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 18:58

Hm. :rolleyes:

As usual, Kimi has not said anything. The comments are from "his" column that somebody writes for his homepage. Based on Kimi's Sunday comments, I guess.

http://www.kimiraikkonen.com

#69 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 19:01

Originally posted by Pikku Pakkanen
Hm. :rolleyes:

As usual, Kimi has not said anything. The comments are from "his" column that somebody writes for his homepage. Based on Kimi's Sunday comments, I guess.

http://www.kimiraikkonen.com

maybe, but they are reported here:

And this maybe the same from many Lewis news storys, but he is not given the luxury of a fair go by manny fans just looking to bash him over.

#70 F575 GTC

F575 GTC

• 921 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 19:04

Pity it couldn't be the same this week.

That's because it's differant. Why can you still not see or understand that Monaco and Canada where two totally differant issues?

#71 giacomo

giacomo

• 6,977 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 19:07

Originally posted by F575 GTC

That's because it's differant. Why can you still not see or understand that Monaco and Canada where two totally differant issues?

Never underestimate the power of denial.

#72 Pikku Pakkanen

Pikku Pakkanen

• 732 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 19:10

maybe, but they are reported here:

That's just normal Autosport journalism. Why interview somebody when you can just copy/paste from his web site. :p

#73 Rustygordon

Rustygordon

• 80 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 19:11

So do you think Kimi called autosport and said, "Listen, I demand an interview. I need to tell that little wanker off.."

.....grasp at more straws please!

#74 Bernd Rosemeyer

Bernd Rosemeyer

• 1,296 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 19:13

Originally posted by mursuka80

You sure hate kimi dontcha :rolleyes: He has every ****ing right to be upset.What did he moan after MonacoGP?

No, Kimi should shut up. Yes, he was crashed, but one race ago he crashed another car as well. :down: Come on Kimi, stop whining, be a man.

#75 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 19:13

Originally posted by Rustygordon
So do you think Kimi called autosport and said, "Listen, I demand an interview. I need to tell that little wanker off.."

.....grasp at more straws please!

waaaahhhhhhhhhaaaaaaayyyyyyy WOW!!! hows that working for Kimi when its not allowed for anyone else!!

#76 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 19:15

Originally posted by Pikku Pakkanen

That's just normal Autosport journalism. Why interview somebody when you can just copy/paste from his web site. :p

I agree, and reporters post storys that have little to do with drivers to sell mags and get views on websites. I have nothing against Kimi.

#77 giacomo

giacomo

• 6,977 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 19:24

I have nothing against Kimi.

Still you call him a hypocrite in the thread title.

#78 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,768 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 19:25

Unfortunately it has nothing to do with the thread title.

But everything with your justification for calling Kimi a hypocrite. LH apologized IF he ruined Kimi´s race whereas Kimi personally said sorry to Sutil and even acknowledged that he´s not in the best position to critisize others. That does not mean that he should not say what he feels.

#79 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 19:29

[B]
Kimi personally said sorry to Sutil

I have not read these news stories, please correct my ignorance.

Advertisement

#80 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,125 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 19:30

Originally posted by F1Johnny

As well as Hamilton apologising to Raikkonen for what happened, autosport.com has learned that Mercedes-Benz motorsport boss Norbert Haug and McLaren F1 CEO Martin Whitmarsh also said sorry to Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali on Sunday night in Montreal.

That said. I think Kimi should still be boiling from what happened. He is just letting off some Iceman steam.

Ham said "IF" That is no apology

Try again ham

#81 pingu666

pingu666

• 8,881 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 19:30

bash threads only allowed on hami, massa and alonso, sorry :wave:

#82 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,125 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 19:32

And this maybe the same from many Lewis news storys, but he is not given the luxury of a fair go by manny fans just looking to bash him over.

Lewis made his own bed with his big mouth, now he must sleep in it.

#83 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 19:34

Lewis made his own bed with his big mouth, now he must sleep in it.

well, we have had a few posts in here saying Kimis words are the fault of reporters and being asked questions...........

#84 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 19:34

Originally posted by pingu666

so it seems :p

#85 Pikku Pakkanen

Pikku Pakkanen

• 732 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 19:37

I have not read these news stories, please correct my ignorance.

Because it's Force India, here's one from India: :)

Talking from Monaco, Sutil said, "Yes, Kimi did apologise to me. After the race he came to me and said 'I'm sorry, I'm really sorry.' He was sorry for sure.

http://racing.indiat...how/3073284.cms

#86 jesee

jesee

• 1,674 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 19:42

These comments from kimi are very unlike him.He must be feeling a bit of heat as the WDC, driving the best car in the grid and not extracting all like kubica with a third rate car. In all honesty, his last few races he has been very lukewarm and being dominated by massa both in qualifying and in race. In canada, his blaming the circuit during qualifying were a bit odd since all drivers were in the same boat, but lewis managed to extract the maximum. That drive for pole was phenomenal although ruined by the madness of the accident on race day.

I have sympathy for him since we will never know whether he or lewis would have won the race, but i also feel even though he has a right to express his opinion it is a bit strange few days after the race. He did call lewis stupid on race day so i would have thought that was that, knowing all well his brain fart during monaco and destroying the only chance for sutil. IMHO he should keep his mouth zipped just like he does otherwise he might be showing hypocricy. Lewis is always big mouthed and is beyond redemption although jeez that boy can drive...that pole was the best pole drive this season.

#87 Rustygordon

Rustygordon

• 80 posts

so it seems :p

It's more the case that in many years reading this forum this has to be one of the sorriest excuses for bashing a driver I have ever seen.

Really nothing else to talk about apparently...and now I am too, bah :|

#88 Ruf

Ruf

• 1,279 posts

Originally posted by craftverk
I'd think he would go the Lewis route and not cry over spilled milk

Hrmpf? Louie's route was that he is a god after qualifying and he can adapt to every imaginable situation, ater the race he "destroyed everyone" whereas he only destroyed his McLaren and Kimi's Ferrari and he will win in France. Who in his right minds would go same route?

#89 fukkinen

fukkinen

• 113 posts

Kimi is out of his center.
I think Kimi is in looove :love: with Lewis.
Kimi just needed a touch of Lewis, the proctologist, to realize that.

Seriouslly, that's absurd. :rolleyes:
What's next?

'Kimi brake tested Lewis.'
'Shite Ferrari doesn't have parking sensors to detect on comming cars... nor even cupholders'.
'Kimi's Ferrari brake light was broken... it was on-off-on-off...'
'Kimi could have levitated'.

#90 craftverk

craftverk

• 2,810 posts

Ham said "IF" That is no apology

Try again ham

Yes it is. Perception can be an ugly thing :down:

#91 mav

mav

• 14 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 19:44

Kimi keeps moaning again and again, I've not really got much sympthy for his continued moaning after monaco, where he ended Sutils race, and ended the chance of a marvelous result for Force India, this is the second news story that Kimi has commented on Lewis hitting him, it rather strikes me as hypocritical of Kimi and strike out like this again and again, seeming to forget the stupid incident he himself was caught up with, he must have a very short memory.

Monaco was a racing incident. Canada was just a plain stupid mistake by Hamilton.

And Hamilton's arrogant and non-conciliatory attitude towards this doesn't really help matters either.

#92 jesee

jesee

• 1,674 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 19:46

Originally posted by pingu666

You touch the reds at your own peril. I like kimi, but it seems he now want to the big mouthed boy of the maranelo.

#93 craftverk

craftverk

• 2,810 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 19:46

Originally posted by Ruf
Hrmpf? Louie's route was that he is a god after qualifying and he can adapt to every imaginable situation, ater the race he "destroyed everyone" whereas he only destroyed his McLaren and Kimi's Ferrari and he will win in France. Who in his right minds would go same route?

Again, perception can be ugly. You can't tell me Hamilton wasn't dominating, you can't tell me he wasn't breezing it on that slippery turn ten. You're mixing arrogance with truth and confidence. :down:

#94 Spunout

Spunout

• 12,351 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 19:52

Originally posted by fukkinen
Kimi is out of his center.
I think Kimi is in looove :love: with Lewis.
Kimi just needed a touch of Lewis, the proctologist, to realize that.

Seriouslly, that's absurd. :rolleyes:
What's next?

'Kimi brake tested Lewis.'
'Shite Ferrari doesn't have parking sensors to detect on comming cars... nor even cupholders'.
'Kimi's Ferrari brake light was broken... it was on-off-on-off...'
'Kimi could have levitated'.

What next? Hmm. Something like this, maybe?

Originally posted by fukkinen

I CAN blame Kimi for not acceleranting, standing still, stuck, just sitting there, waiting for the crash, while Lewis was approaching fast.

Kimi just behaved like a Boy Racer waiting for the lights go green and drag race Kubica.

I expect a F1 racer to be a black belt and see what mere mortal people can't see.
Demanding? Too harsh? Sorry but that's what I think. :o

#95 opemul

opemul

• 9 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 19:53

Does anyone remember this?

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

No penalty there.

Most of the drivers have all taken their eyes off the road for a split second.

#96 jesee

jesee

• 1,674 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 19:54

Originally posted by Ruf

I dont know on what channel you were tuning to, but mine showed hami getting pole with sixtenths advantage over the next on the grid. If that is not destroying your opposition i dont what it is. It is a long time since there was such a huge difference in qualifying. In race, lewis was almost 7secs clear of kubica before the safety car. That was a gain of nearly half a second per lap over kubica alone! That is what dominating is. Pity the safety car and lewis stupid mistake we never know what the results would have been...but one thing is for sure...mclaren were dominant in montreal b4 that pit incident with lewis.

#97 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 19:54

ok....

and posting a "joke" post from someone who's name is a Kimi troll proves what exactly?

#98 craftverk

craftverk

• 2,810 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 19:59

Originally posted by jesee

I dont know on what channel you were tuning to, but mine showed hami getting pole with sixtenths advantage over the next on the grid. If that is not destroying your opposition i dont what it is. It is a long time since there was such a huge difference in qualifying. In race, lewis was almost 7secs clear of kubica before the safety car. That was a gain of nearly half a second per lap over kubica alone! That is what dominating is. Pity the safety car and lewis stupid mistake we never know what the results would have been...but one thing is for sure...mclaren were dominant in montreal b4 that pit incident with lewis.

Exactly. Some people struggle to come to terms with that fact. It's like they've forgotten what happened before the pitstop.

#99 fukkinen

fukkinen

• 113 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 19:59

What next? Hmm. Something like this, maybe?

Stop hypocrying. :lol:

Advertisement

#100 Spunout

Spunout

• 12,351 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 20:00

Originally posted by opemul
Does anyone remember this?

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

No penalty there.

Most of the drivers have all taken their eyes off the road for a split second.

What you have here is Räikkönen lapping Liuzzi through fast corner, at racing speed, on wet track. Then Liuzzi slows down - on racing line - and boom. Yes, in situations like this "split second" is all it takes. Taking into account poor visibility + reaction time, doesn´t even require taking your eyes off the road. Absolutely nothing to do with Hamilton vs Räikkönen in Canada, where you had drivers lining up on pitlane entrance, braking from 80 KPH, on DRY conditions. No "split second" situation at all. There was plenty of time to see the red light that Lewis himself mentioned before the race.

But I guess for some all crashes look the same.

One car hits another car. How can it be different?