Photo

Why is Toso leaving Renault?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 David M. Kane

David M. Kane

• 5,402 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 18:12

Does anyone have the reason he is leaving? The timing seems strange.

Advertisement

#2 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 36,451 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 18:26

It was announced some time ago, and he have stayed on, as well giving praise to the team when leaving.

From reading his goodbye statement, my guess would be that he does not think his talents and interests in developing state of the art aero solutions for racing, is being fullfilled in F1.

I could be wrong and he will pop up at some other team, once a gardening leave have been completed.

:cool:

#3 potmotr

potmotr

• 12,995 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 18:36

Perhaps because the last two Renaults have been disasters?

#4 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 11,079 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 19:03

Originally posted by David M. Kane
Does anyone have the reason he is leaving? The timing seems strange.

Probably because of illness, he was diagnosed cancer a while ago.

#5 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,783 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 19:38

I hope it's the first and not the third explanation. :(

But it'll be good to see hopefully some F1 design talent filter through into prototype racing, which after Le Mans IMO has a very positive atmosphere surrounding it. If they can snag a couple of manufacturers based on Max's attempting downsizing of Formula One, I think the outcome could be very helpful for motorsport in general. :up:

#6 mstar

mstar

• 1,837 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 21:20

i hope he is well in health.

i cannot belive he leave renault if he didn't have at least some intrest from other teams! if he is looking later this year for another role i hope he chooses Honda -they can do with him :clap:

#7 Jackman

Jackman

• 16,188 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 21:40

I'm pretty sure he's beaten the cancer now: Trulli's Monaco win was dedicated to Toso who was in hospital at the time, if I recall correctly. I guess that would have made him think about what is most important to him, which may play a part in his decision, although it wouldn't surprise me if Toso turns up at Red Bull sometime in the future.

#8 AFCA

AFCA

• 6,661 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 22:03

Originally posted by Jackman
I'm pretty sure he's beaten the cancer now: Trulli's Monaco win was dedicated to Toso who was in hospital at the time, if I recall correctly. I guess that would have made him think about what is most important to him, which may play a part in his decision, although it wouldn't surprise me if Toso turns up at Red Bull sometime in the future.

Well I believe not long ago cancer was diagnosed again. But that cannot be the reason he left Renault because the team was very suportive to him during his periods of illness. He was rumoured to go to Toyota, we'll see...

#9 Owen

Owen

• 13,178 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:48

Originally posted by AFCA

Well I believe not long ago cancer was diagnosed again. But that cannot be the reason he left Renault because the team was very suportive to him during his periods of illness. He was rumoured to go to Toyota, we'll see...

Only someone with a big chequebook will get him. So it could be Toyota or Red Bull.

#10 DigDig

DigDig

• 25 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 13:32

I hope he's in good health but I cant believe that his current adventure is not fulfilling his talents and knowledge especially with the start of a new chapter with a brand new car, that has to be a genuine new challenge even though there will be a lot less emphasis on aero it is still a brand new car on a blank sheet.