F3000 team owners

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 7,854 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 20:48

Hey at all!
There were so many teams in 20 years Formula Three. And the owners of many of that teams are unknown for me. For expample: who owns the Edenbridge team? This team entered Formula 3000 in 1995 after years in Formula Three. In 1999 Paul Stoddart and European bought into Edenbridge and after the 5th round take over 100% of the team.

Advertisement

#2 Richard Jenkins

Richard Jenkins

• 7,215 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 21:00

From the BTCC website:

Edenbridge Racing was set up by Peter Briggs, a former mechanic to such names as Jochen Rindt and Graham Hill. The team enjoyed success in F3 and F3000 before returning to its tin-top roots by entering a BMW320i in the 2003 BTCC Production championship with Michael Bentwood.

The team, founded by Peter Briggs, was originally a saloon car team, claiming overall honours in the Honda CRX championship in 1989 and 1990 before moving to British Formula 3. In an impressive debut season, the team claimed 3rd position overall with current CART driver Gil de Ferran, before going one better in 1993, taking 2nd spot overall with Oliver Gavin. Crowned British F3 champions in 1995, the team competed in the International F3000 series before running Tom Ferrir and James Hanson in the ETCC.

More about the omnipresent Peter Briggs

John Porter & Keith Loveday were also involved, at varying times, in the ownership of the team.

#3 bigears

bigears

• 973 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 21:01

I was about to post the same thing about their involvement with the Honda CRX championship with Patrick Watts, Paul Taft and Ray Ackerley.

#4 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 7,854 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 05:56

Originally posted by Richie Jenkins
From the BTCC website:

Edenbridge Racing was set up by Peter Briggs, a former mechanic to such names as Jochen Rindt and Graham Hill. The team enjoyed success in F3 and F3000 before returning to its tin-top roots by entering a BMW320i in the 2003 BTCC Production championship with Michael Bentwood.

The team, founded by Peter Briggs, was originally a saloon car team, claiming overall honours in the Honda CRX championship in 1989 and 1990 before moving to British Formula 3. In an impressive debut season, the team claimed 3rd position overall with current CART driver Gil de Ferran, before going one better in 1993, taking 2nd spot overall with Oliver Gavin. Crowned British F3 champions in 1995, the team competed in the International F3000 series before running Tom Ferrir and James Hanson in the ETCC.

More about the omnipresent Peter Briggs

John Porter & Keith Loveday were also involved, at varying times, in the ownership of the team.

Wow! Thank you for that answer! I didn't know that the team still exists. Briggs is also involved in A1 GP seris, first at Singapure, than Portugal, now USA.

#5 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 06:59

Involved in what sense?

I think currently A1GP USA is run by West Surrey Racing?

#6 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 7,854 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 14:31

He managed the Singapore team 2006, then the Portugal team 2007 and now he manages the USA team.
I heard that Briggs also has his hands at West Surrey racing, but I don't know exactly ob that's right.

#7 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 7,854 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 19:48

What's about the history of the Ardem team? What were the owner over the years? I know that David Richards/Prodrive and a Russian consortium hold some shares at Arden in the late 90s. Do you know how much and who else was shareholder at Arden? And currently is?

#8 Richard Jenkins

Richard Jenkins

• 7,215 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 20:26

Originally posted by HistoryFan
What's about the history of the Ardem team? What were the owner over the years? I know that David Richards/Prodrive and a Russian consortium hold some shares at Arden in the late 90s. Do you know how much and who else was shareholder at Arden? And currently is?

Garry & Christian Horner.

#9 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 7,854 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:32

Yes I know Christian Horner. Is Garry his brother?
But around the late 90s there was Rukoil who I think was shareholder...

#10 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:36

Lukoil

But really only in the years they had Viktor Maslov.

#11 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 7,854 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 15:03

Who was owner of the Monaco Motorsport team, which for example was involved in Italian and Iternational F3000 in 1999?

#12 Richard Jenkins

Richard Jenkins

• 7,215 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 15:12

History Fan, have you heard of Google? It can answer a lot of your queries in.. 10 seconds (which is all it took me)

www.google.com

Anyway, in this case, the answer to your question is ex-Formula 1 driver, Lamberto Leoni.

Edited by Richie Jenkins, 12 November 2009 - 15:13.

#13 Direct Drive

Direct Drive

• 408 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 16:07

Didn't Derek Mower own an F-3000 team? I understand he has retired to OZ

#14 Simon Arron

Simon Arron

• 2,489 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 17:20

Didn't Derek Mower own an F3000 team? I understand he has retired to OZ

Nordic Racing, which won the FIA title with Justin Wilson in 2001. Before setting up his own operation, in 1993, he worked as an engineer with GA Motorsport and Pacific. And, yes, he retired to Australia a few years ago. Thoroughly good bloke.

#15 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 7,854 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 19:56

I think he or his son/father was working with Conquest in IndyCar after the retirenment as F3000 team owner.

Nordic racing was bought by Enrique Scalabroni and his BCN men and then the team became BCN. Now the team is called Ocean and owned by Tiagio Monteiro, his father and his manager.

#16 bsc

bsc

• 127 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 21:15

I think he or his son/father was working with Conquest in IndyCar after the retirenment as F3000 team owner.

Derek Mower's son Chris became team manager of the Conquest team following to closure of Nordic. I believe he currently undertakes the same role at Panther Racing.

#17 Ken Herd

Ken Herd

• 26 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:57

Hey at all!
There were so many teams in 20 years Formula Three. And the owners of many of that teams are unknown for me. For expample: who owns the Edenbridge team? This team entered Formula 3000 in 1995 after years in Formula Three. In 1999 Paul Stoddart and European bought into Edenbridge and after the 5th round take over 100% of the team.

Would anyone know what became of the Pavesi racing team thatran F3000 for Pierluigi Martini ?

#18 fausto

fausto

• 528 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:39

Would anyone know what became of the Pavesi racing team thatran F3000 for Pierluigi Martini ?

Luciano Pavesi ran the third car for "Il Barone Rampante", then he closed down his racing car preparation&car reparation business, he's a Vespa agent, from the very same premises

#19 Ken Herd

Ken Herd

• 26 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 22:47

Luciano Pavesi ran the third car for "Il Barone Rampante", then he closed down his racing car preparation&car reparation business, he's a Vespa agent, from the very same premises

Thanks Fausto, do you have any more info on how I can contact him ? I have tried google, but no luck.
cheers Ken

Advertisement

#20 F3000man

F3000man

• 74 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 13:41

Who was owner of the Monaco Motorsport team, which for example was involved in Italian and Iternational F3000 in 1999?

I guess Lamberto Leoni, but I'm not sure about this. I read it once, but I cannot remember well.
Leoni also owned PMC, ITI 3000, Corbari Italia and First, I do think.

If you want other names:

MADGWICK- Robert Synge
IL BARONE RAMPANTE - Giuseppe Cipriani
DOLLOP (haha) - Jean-Pierre Frey
ORECA- Hughes de Chaunac
SANREMO - Alberto Colombo
EKSTROM - Cecilia Ekstrom
APOMATOX - Dominique Delestre
DRACO - Adriano Morini

#21 rdmotorsport

rdmotorsport

• 535 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 19:25

I guess Lamberto Leoni, but I'm not sure about this. I read it once, but I cannot remember well.
Leoni also owned PMC, ITI 3000, Corbari Italia and First, I do think.

If you want other names:

MADGWICK- Robert Synge
DOLLOP (haha) - Jean-Pierre Frey
ORECA- Hughes de Chaunac
SANREMO - Alberto Colombo
EKSTROM - Cecilia Ekstrom
APOMATOX - Dominique Delestre
DRACO - Adriano Morini

add Graham Warren Bromley Motorsport then Gj Motorsport,David Hepworth Hepworth racing Org. Roger Coman owned a team as did Roger Orgee

#22 tonym

tonym

• 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 21:17

add Graham Warren Bromley Motorsport then Gj Motorsport,David Hepworth Hepworth racing Org. Roger Coman owned a team as did Roger Orgee

Sorry Rodney but Graham Warren was never the owner of Bromley Motorsport. Bromley was owened lock, stock and barrel by Ron Salt. Graham sponsored
various drivers that Bromley ran.

#23 Thundersports

Thundersports

• 612 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 23:52

Ahem that would be Roger Cowman not Coman and indeed it was Ron Salt who owned Bromley Motorsport.

#24 rdmotorsport

rdmotorsport

• 535 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 08:28

Ahem that would be Roger Cowman not Coman and indeed it was Ron Salt who owned Bromley Motorsport.

I stand corrected,although it was always Graham who paid me and it was his name on the cheque book, and I have often said my memory (and sometime spelling) is not as efficient as I thought it use to be! I wonder what Graham is doing these days?

#25 F3000man

F3000man

• 74 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:04

Sorry Rodney but Graham Warren was never the owner of Bromley Motorsport. Bromley was owened lock, stock and barrel by Ron Salt. Graham sponsored
various drivers that Bromley ran.

Yeah, I do agree, I remember Roberto Moreno pointing that Ron Salt was the owner of Bromley.

More:

ONYX- Mike Earle
ASTROMEGA - Mikke van Hool
KID JENSEN - "Kid Jensen"
WEST SURREY - Dick Bennetts
JUNIOR TEAM - Jean Messaoudi and Laurent Barlesi
VORTEX - Henry Vollenberg
PACIFIC - Keith Wiggins

#26 David Force

David Force

• 287 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 16:12

And Me !

Not sure if I count in this illustrious company, but if Roger Cowman is in...

We ran an ex Onyx March 88B in the British Series for old pal Tony Trimmer in three races, and scored points. and got prize money. It was not exactly flavour of the month against all the Reynards but Tony persuaded Humphrey Corbett to engineer, we blagged a few bob in sponsorship, had some fun and made a profit...

:cool:

#27 rdmotorsport

rdmotorsport

• 535 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 19:56

And Me !

We ran an ex Onyx March 88B in the British Series for old pal Tony Trimmer in three races, and scored points. and got prize money. It was not exactly flavour of the month against all the Reynards but Tony persuaded Humphrey Corbett to engineer, we blagged a few bob in sponsorship, had some fun and made a profit...

in what?

#28 PMac

PMac

• 88 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 21:23

And Me !

I remember reporting on that series for Motoring News. You guys appeared out of nowhere, were a welcome addition to the somewhat small grid, and I remember Tony did a cracking job. Not the quickest of chassis, but it looked awesome and I remember you were a very friendly team to visit during race weekend. :up: :up: :up:

#29 John Ginger

John Ginger

• 224 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 23:18

Yes I know Christian Horner. Is Garry his brother?
But around the late 90s there was Rukoil who I think was shareholder...

Garry (spelling?) is Christian's Father, who IIRC had / has car parts business

#30 Thundersports

Thundersports

• 612 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 00:11

I also remember TT saying the beast needed steering in the straight bits as well!

#31 rdmotorsport

rdmotorsport

• 535 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 13:53

And Me !

Do I assume from that David our RC is enjoying a goverment financed period of rest and a sabatical from all things motorsport and if so where and when did this all take place?

#32 Thundersports

Thundersports

• 612 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 00:13

Do I assume from that David our RC is enjoying a goverment financed period of rest and a sabatical from all things motorsport and if so where and when did this all take place?

Ref "RC" do you mean Roger Cowman?

#33 rdmotorsport

rdmotorsport

• 535 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 17:11

Ref "RC" do you mean Roger Cowman?

yep.

#34 Peter Morley

Peter Morley

• 2,263 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 22:28

Roger was fine when I talked to him today - rather chuffed in fact since a deal we've been working on for weeks actually came together.
He's still running EuroBOSS from his farmhouse near Belper.

#35 rdmotorsport

rdmotorsport

• 535 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 17:32

Roger was fine when I talked to him today - rather chuffed in fact since a deal we've been working on for weeks actually came together.
He's still running EuroBOSS from his farmhouse near Belper.

Pleased

#36 Thundersports

Thundersports

• 612 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 23:54

Got there before me! Indeed not "inside" he is running Euroboss.

#37 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 7,854 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 18:46

Is there more known about Cipriani.

#38 Thundersports

Thundersports

• 612 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 21:46

Is there more known about Cipriani.

I know there is little known!

#39 unofficialf3000

unofficialf3000

• 22 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 23:19

Cipriani returned to racing in Formula Palmer Audi last year (and the Autumn Trophy in '08) and he was described as a "famous restauranter".

Looking into it, it seem's he's the main business manager for Cipriani S.A.,

...a privately owned international corporation based in Luxembourg that owns and operates luxury restaurants and clubs around the world including Harry's Bar in Venice and the Rainbow Room in New York City.

Some rather interesting info on the family business here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cipriani_S.A.

:|

Edited by unofficialf3000, 07 February 2010 - 23:22.

Advertisement

#40 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 7,854 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 19:27

I noticed one Cipriani in the Formula Palmer, so that's my question, because I don't thought that was the same until your post...
The Formula Palmer is a very low Formula and Cipriani is very old for such a series...

#41 hansfohr

hansfohr

• 574 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 00:00

Giuseppe Cipriani raced in the 1989/1990 Italian F3 championship, but failed to score a single point.

#42 hansfohr

hansfohr

• 574 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 00:02

Giuseppe Cipriani raced in the 1989/1990 Italian F3 championship, but failed to score a single point.

#43 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 7,854 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 15:53

MADGWICK- Robert Synge

I had some questions about this:

1. Nigel Mansell was shareholder at that team in 1990 onwards. Were there never be F1 plans at that team?

2. Madgwick testet a F3000 car with with prototype parts for a Reynard F1 car in 1990. Was Madgwick involved in the F1 project? Because as Reynard later buy in BAR, Synge also was involved in the team...?

3. There were longtime rumours that Mansell will buy into a F1 team or found a own team. There were rumours that Mansell will buy the Lotus team in the end of 1994 (I read this from Achim Schlang in the Motorsport aktuell some months ago). Perhaps someone can post an article to that rumours?
And there were rumours that Nigel Mansell will etablish a own F1 team in 1992 with golf profi Greg Norman (who wantéd to buy Brabham in 1989). Can you tell me more about that? Or post articles to that topic?
There were also rumours that Nigel Mansell will buy the Ultimate WSbR team which had F1 ambitions, but stuggled in summer because of the economy crises. Mansell's son Greg Mansell was driver there.
Now Nigel Mansell has a own team in Le-Mans-Series.
Were there more planed projects from Nigel Mansell?

#44 retriever

retriever

• 560 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 16:38

I had some questions about this:

1. Nigel Mansell was shareholder at that team in 1990 onwards. Were there never be F1 plans at that team?

2. Madgwick testet a F3000 car with with prototype parts for a Reynard F1 car in 1990. Was Madgwick involved in the F1 project? Because as Reynard later buy in BAR, Synge also was involved in the team...?

3. There were longtime rumours that Mansell will buy into a F1 team or found a own team. There were rumours that Mansell will buy the Lotus team in the end of 1994 (I read this from Achim Schlang in the Motorsport aktuell some months ago). Perhaps someone can post an article to that rumours?
And there were rumours that Nigel Mansell will etablish a own F1 team in 1992 with golf profi Greg Norman (who wantéd to buy Brabham in 1989). Can you tell me more about that? Or post articles to that topic?
There were also rumours that Nigel Mansell will buy the Ultimate WSbR team which had F1 ambitions, but stuggled in summer because of the economy crises. Mansell's son Greg Mansell was driver there.
Now Nigel Mansell has a own team in Le-Mans-Series.
Were there more planed projects from Nigel Mansell?

Showed an interest in Silverstone at one time - don't forget 'Fantastic' Mr. Mansell has never officially retired.

#45 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 7,854 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 18:49

Guido Forti, former Forti owner, worked for a team in European Formula 3000 in 2002 und 2003. Any details?

#46 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 7,854 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:12

Not F3000 but F2 Europa: In 1980 there was a racing team called Scuderia Vesuvio: Who was behind that team (owner)?

#47 Mallory Dan

Mallory Dan

• 3,121 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:14

Not F3000 but F2 Europa: In 1980 there was a racing team called Scuderia Vesuvio: Who was behind that team (owner)?

Maurizio Flammini??

#48 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 7,854 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 15:06

He also drove for them, so it sounds logical. Thank you.

#49 ensign14

ensign14

• 62,007 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 15:40

And Vesuvius has lots of flames.

#50 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 7,854 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 15:17

Who was owner of Ravarotto Racing?