Photo

Pacific Coast Motorsports Takes A Break From Competition

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 EDJE

EDJE

• 128 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 23:29

The last IndyCar Series race in Texas proved to be a successful outing for the driver and team of Pacific Coast Motorsports. What team owner Tyler Tadevic was able to conclude by completing a full race on the high-banked one and a half mile oval track is that with limited resources, it might be better to take extra time and prepare the two Visit Mexico City Dallara cars in a proper way with the expectation that it would be better to compete through chaseing the season as opposed to having the season chase them.

So, instead of hitting the road on to Iowa and beyond for the next seven weeks, why not miss a race or two and rejoin the frey with the preparation and knowledge gained by the kind of shoptime a sponsored effort through the end of the 2009 ICS season would suggest.

“I’ve decided to keep the team at our headquarters in California to re-evaluate and strengthen our program,” said Team Owner, Tyler Tadevic.

Tadevic continued, “In light of where we are in our effort and the limited resources available, there is no sense in taking risks which could put us further behind. We came into the series late and we cannot compete for a top-ten position in the championship this season, so we are taking this time to build our second car and to focus-on and prepare-for the job ahead."

I visited Tyler last Friday when he was preparing to go on the road and the crew seemed anxious to get going but due to resources, Tyler mentioned that he wasn't all that thrilled to be stuffing two cars and all of the equipment needed to compete for seven races in one Transporter. PCM has two Transporters at the headquaters in Ventura County, but about 1.5 million in assets sits on the floor in the form of four Panoz DP01's of which one of them came in third at Long Beach.

I get the feeling this break will last only a couple of races at most.

I'd leave a link to some photo assets ... but I was warned about leaving links (I always thought spamming required advertising or another lopsided gain from the one who is "shareing". All I have ever tried to do is share, I do not have advertising at my sites).