Photo

Is Ron Dennis ill?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#1 Gilles12

Gilles12

• 863 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 16:20

Is it me or did Dennis look a bit on the tired and haggard side?

Advertisement

#2 Crazy Ninja

Crazy Ninja

• 1,379 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 16:24

Thats his normal look. I didnt notice to be honest but if he is it wouldnt be a surprise, hes going through a divorce iirc correctly.

#3 Perigee

Perigee

• 895 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 16:24

Originally posted by Gilles12

He's been suffering delusions for quite some time I believe.

#4 potmotr

potmotr

• 12,995 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 16:30

Unfair. The shot they've been using from Magny Cours is particularly unflattering, especially the lighting.
I think Dennis is looking pretty in pretty good shape for his age, wouldn't you agree?
For instance, Patrick Head is around the same age and isn't looking nearly as sprightly.

#5 steelyman

steelyman

• 214 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 16:50

he does look like he's aged quite a bit the last few years.

he's not the trim tan guy he was a few years ago. which is normal i guess. its going to happen to all of us.

unless like pormotr said and the lighting was very unflattering.

#6 Gilles12

Gilles12

• 863 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 16:53

Originally posted by steelyman

unless like pormotr said and the lighting was very unflattering.

It was in daylight???

Is he averse to sunshine?

#7 BuonoBruttoCattivo

BuonoBruttoCattivo

• 4,430 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 16:55

It was in daylight???

He needs to be rebooted and reformatted at the Paragon Centre of Grand Delusions.

#8 steelyman

steelyman

• 214 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 16:56

It was in daylight???

he may be :rotfl:

i was trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt

#9 kar

kar

• 10,434 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 17:00

To be honest he's not looking so great.

But I think, looking at everything in a purely human perspective, he's had a pretty hard time of it personally and professionally.

I don't necessarily like him in his professional capacity but I do hope that things improve for him outside of his work, because I don't think he's had a very happy past 18 months.

#10 potmotr

potmotr

• 12,995 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 17:09

Normally the shot of the team bosses is filmed from behind, and you see their faces shaded by the pitwall gantry roof. In the shot we're talking about, Ron has his face bathed in a small shaft of half-light. In TV terms, the extreme contrast between the dark of the shade and light of outside is really harsh, and shows up all the lines and crevaces in the subject's face.

#11 BuonoBruttoCattivo

BuonoBruttoCattivo

• 4,430 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 17:11

Originally posted by kar
he's had a pretty hard time of it personally and professionally.

Is he starving? Does he have a terminal, incurable disease?
WTF is all this nillynaggy about how Ronzo looked in a 1 second snap of his life?

#12 potmotr

potmotr

• 12,995 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 17:18

Originally posted by BuonoBruttoCattivo

WTF is all this nillynaggy about how Ronzo looked in a 1 second snap of his life?

:up: Agreed. One unflattering shot and Ron has been deemed as having a terminal illness or being perpetually miserable. Ridiculous.

#13 giacomo

giacomo

• 6,977 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 17:32

Now as the illness of Ron Dennis is established we should go on and find out about the concrete nature of his disease.

;)

#14 potmotr

potmotr

• 12,995 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 17:55

Originally posted by giacomo
Now as the illness of Ron Dennis is established we should go on and find out about the concrete nature of his disease.
;)

The man has the robustness of an ox.

#15 fastlegs

fastlegs

• 1,984 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 18:15

Ditto. :up:

#16 mursuka80

mursuka80

• 5,106 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 18:23

Hey guys what did you think of Flavs ring :rolleyes:

#17 Gilles12

Gilles12

• 863 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 18:36

Is he starving? Does he have a terminal, incurable disease?

lol ! :rotfl:

#18 HoldenRT

HoldenRT

• 6,773 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 18:43

He needs to be rebooted and reformatted at the Paragon Centre of Grand Delusions.

:lol:

#19 kayemod

kayemod

• 9,588 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 19:23

Originally posted by mursuka80
Hey guys what did you think of Flavs ring :rolleyes:

I'd rather not look at that, if you don't mind, Flav can keep his ring to himself.

Advertisement

#20 stevewf1

stevewf1

• 3,259 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 19:35

Not sure which picture you're talking about, but if someone famous has 1,000 pictures taken in a given race weekend, I'm sure there will be one somewhere which "fits" a particular media story...

#21 mursuka80

mursuka80

• 5,106 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 19:41

Originally posted by kayemod

I'd rather not look at that, if you don't mind, Flav can keep his ring to himself.

I was laughing when they showed closeup of flav`s ring :lol: What the hell does that have to do with F1?
And i think that this thread has no place in RC :D

#22 postajegenye

postajegenye

• 1,139 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 19:43

I noticed this too, yesterday in practice and today in quali when they showed him he did look older than usual. Maybe he's just tired. He's had a hard time recently...

#23 David M. Kane

David M. Kane

• 5,402 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 22:21

The Funeral is on Monday...

#24 Blackdog

Blackdog

• 166 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 22:42

Originally posted by David M. Kane
The Funeral is on Monday...

Cremation will take place on a Viking longboat on the lake at Paragon.
Mikka and Heikki will row the boat.....
Kimi will set the fire with a flaming torch.....

C'mon.... :rolleyes:

#25 Only Massa

Only Massa

• 783 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 22:51

Yeah, he's got a chronic form of "badloserite", a terrible illness which hinders his life since he began to work in F1. :drunk:

#26 Imperial

Imperial

• 4,820 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:28

I got a doctor friend of mine to have a look at that one bad shot of Ron and sadly he has been able to confirm that in fact Ron has a severe case of being very nearly 60 years old and still travelling around the world every 2 weekends and holding doing a full-time job (with double the hours most people work) during the week, even working seven days every second week. My friend noted that is in contrast to the millions of ****ing whining whinging moaning complaining 60 year olds across the UK who as soon as they hit 60 suddenly decide their hips don't work anymore so their lives are over, although funnily enough they can manage to be in the Post Office for 9am every Wednesday, creating huge annoying and unnecessary queues to withdraw their pension as if there is a law that states you must only handle cash when over the age of 60 and somehow forget that you actually can leave the money in your account if you want (benefits are now only paid into bank or POCA accounts, fact fans! GIRO's are defunct.).

Poor Ron. Leave the lad alone!

#27 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:37

Originally posted by Imperial
I got a doctor friend of mine to have a look at that one bad shot of Ron and sadly he has been able to confirm that in fact Ron has a severe case of being very nearly 60 years old and still travelling around the world every 2 weekends and holding doing a full-time job (with double the hours most people work) during the week, even working seven days every second week. My friend noted that is in contrast to the millions of ****ing whining whinging moaning complaining 60 year olds across the UK who as soon as they hit 60 suddenly decide their hips don't work anymore so their lives are over, although funnily enough they can manage to be in the Post Office for 9am every Wednesday, creating huge annoying and unnecessary queues to withdraw their pension as if there is a law that states you must only handle cash when over the age of 60 and somehow forget that you actually can leave the money in your account if you want (benefits are now only paid into bank or POCA accounts, fact fans! GIRO's are defunct.).

Top post :lol: Can't agree with the final sentence though. No way he's a 'lad' anymore...

#28 zakeriath

zakeriath

• 707 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:54

Fully agree, just wish the Ron Bashers on this forum, had a fraction of one percent of the drive, ambition and success that Ron has achieved.

#29 kayemod

kayemod

• 9,588 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:59

Originally posted by zakeriath

Fully agree, just wish the Ron Bashers on this forum, had a fraction of one percent of the drive, ambition and success that Ron has achieved.

Well said, best post in this thread, but I still have that worrying image in my mind of Flavio's ring....

#30 potmotr

potmotr

• 12,995 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:17

:up: Agree completely. He has done more than any other team owner to raise the bar for Formula One teams. :up:

#31 David M. Kane

David M. Kane

• 5,402 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 13:52

Nothing angers some more than the success of someone else. Whatever happened to Nigel Stepney, he disappeared faster than a whore with a whip?

#32 effone2k

effone2k

• 244 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 18:35

Originally posted by David M. Kane
.....disappeared faster than a whore with a whip? [/B]

One of Max Moseley's friends?????

#33 Stibbles

Stibbles

• 343 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 23:18

Quite brilliant - and if I ever start to get that way (only 6 years away!@!) please shoot me. :clap:

#34 Stibbles

Stibbles

• 343 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 23:20

Almost as good a post as Imperial's - very appropriate. :up: :up: :up:

#35 jhodges

jhodges

• 1,404 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 16:22

Ending a long relationship, at least in my experience, results in significant weight loss. The stress/ball of tension that you carry completely kills my appetite. Couple that with spygate & castigation via the global press and I'd be happy to look half as good.

#36 kar

kar

• 10,434 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:42

I think he saw this photo http://www.autosport...o.php/id/105467

#37 Perigee

Perigee

• 895 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 13:21

Originally posted by kar

I'm guessing Montoya would only go "up there" if somebody mentioned she had a Big Mac in there :)

#38 RSNS

RSNS

• 1,521 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 20:05

In German there is an expression, Ill with love. I think that is Dennis' kind of illness. Love with himself and of his creation.

#39 Sébastien

Sébastien

• 1,267 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 20:41

Originally posted by RSNS
In German there is an expression, Ill with love. I think that is Dennis' kind of illness. Love with himself and of his creation.

Well I am sure that he has a copy of the same book I was presented with this weekend, that book should cater for his lonely nights and love for himself and his creation, yuk ;)

Advertisement

#40 Andrew Ford &F1

Andrew Ford &F1

• 246 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:33

Ron Dennis is one hell of a guy, he personifies what F1 is all about: intelligence, sophistication and nobility. And even though I was never one of his supporters, I still have a lot of respect for Mr Dennis and his achievements, unlike Jean Todt, for instance, who spoilt some of the best years of the sport by issuing team orders. Come to think of it, so did Dennis (Jerez 1997, Melbourne 1998), but... I sympathise him for having to come through all the penalties for just trying to beat Ferrari:( Boo to the FIA :down:

#41 mursuka80

mursuka80

• 5,106 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:54

Originally posted by Andrew, Ford &F1
Ron Dennis is one hell of a guy, he personifies what F1 is all about: intelligence, sophistication and nobility. And even though I was never one of his supporters, I still have a lot of respect for Mr Dennis and his achievements, unlike Jean Todt, for instance, who spoilt some of the best years of the sport by issuing team orders. Come to think of it, so did Dennis (Jerez 1997, Melbourne 1998), but... I sympathise him for having to come through all the penalties for just trying to beat Ferrari:( Boo to the FIA :down:

And dont forget the moral integrity that Ron has :lol:

#42 HP

HP

• 19,632 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:49

He still looks better than me just after waking up early morning. And I'm younger.

I'm an extreme night owl.

Seriously, I think Ron Dennis is old enough to know when he needs to take a break, or when he needs to see a doctor.

#43 BMW_F1

BMW_F1

• 7,670 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 00:21

Originally posted by kar

by the way, why would Ron's ex wife be hanging out with Juan and Chip Ganassi at a NASCAR race?

#44 bl-f1

bl-f1

• 1,087 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 05:48

Originally posted by giacomo

Definitely a case of Spanish fever.

#45 kyriakos75

kyriakos75

• 438 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 11:41

Originally posted by kar

http://www.autosport...o.php/id/104944

Hmm. Is this his daughter/niece/etc ?

#46 Gilles12

Gilles12

• 863 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:48

Originally posted by kyriakos75

That's the new temp

Ron's just showing her to the photocopier

#47 Josta

Josta

• 2,237 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 13:02

Originally posted by jhodges
Ending a long relationship, at least in my experience, results in significant weight loss. The stress/ball of tension that you carry completely kills my appetite. Couple that with spygate & castigation via the global press and I'd be happy to look half as good.

Add to that his Brother died a couple of months back. I agree that people should leave the poor guy alone.

#48 VoidNT

VoidNT

• 1,561 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 14:36

Originally posted by kyriakos75

His youngest daughter, most likely.

#49 DLaw

DLaw

• 1,614 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 17:04

"by the way, why would Ron's ex wife be hanging out with Juan and Chip Ganassi at a NASCAR race?"

I read somewhere last year that Lisa Dennis actually felt bad for Alonso, for the way he was treated at McLaren. Who know? May be she feels the same about Montoya?
Or, may be she was touring the wine country and decided to drop by.

#50 Enkei

Enkei

• 5,853 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 17:15

Originally posted by RSNS

If you had read a bit more of this topic you'd known what Ron Dennis is going through at the moment and you probably would have refrained from making such stupid comments.