Photo

How did Massa fall on his neck in an elevator?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 TecnoRacing

TecnoRacing

• 1,796 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 18:16

Anyone know the story behind this? :drunk:

Advertisement

#2 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,223 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 18:17

What happened? Is Massa hurt or something?

#3 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,491 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 18:19

Originally posted by paranoik0
What happened? Is Massa hurt or something?

Nope. He mentioned it in the post-quali press conference. :)

#4 Panch

Panch

• 444 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 18:23

Maybe he forget to put his head inside the elevator before the door closed?

#5 Crazy Ninja

Crazy Ninja

• 1,379 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 18:35

He didnt say he fell in the elevator lol. He just said he flet his neck tighten. It was probably just turning his head to oquickly or something.

#6 potmotr

potmotr

• 12,995 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 18:36

Anyone got the quotes?

#7 Kimi Heineken +_+

Kimi Heineken +_+

• 13 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 18:36

just a excuse :|

#8 Lazy Prodigy

Lazy Prodigy

• 2,688 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 18:39

Alonso tied both of his shoe laces together obviously

#9 giacomo

giacomo

• 6,977 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 18:41

An elevator fell on his neck?

Reminds me of the light bulb that fell on Alonsos car last year. But much more spectacular. :p

#10 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

• 1,352 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 18:41

Perhaps DC finally kicked three colors of **** out of him?

#11 mach4

mach4

• 1,873 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 18:56

In this interview (in portuguese) he mentions he sneezed in the elevator and hurt his neck. He also gives good indication he is heavier than Kimi (when asked if he is heavier he says "maybe, we'll see tomorrow. I have a good strategy").

#12 Man of the race

Man of the race

• 1,570 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 19:00

It all happened when Flavio, Elisabetta, Bernie, Slavica and Tamara all entered to the same elevator and Felipe's head disintegrated from rapid movements.

#13 mursuka80

mursuka80

• 5,106 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 19:00

Originally posted by mach4
In this interview (in portuguese) he mentions he sneezed in the elevator and hurt his neck. He also gives good indication he is heavier than Kimi (when asked if he is heavier he says "maybe, we'll see tomorrow. I have a good strategy").

Sneezed? :rotfl: Thats a new one :D

#14 IOU 16

IOU 16

• 328 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 19:04

Originally posted by mach4

I have heard of people hurting their back from sneezing, but never the neck.

Originally posted by mursuka80

Quite common. He probably has some whip lash or a very sore neck. Doubt it will affect him.

#15 yr

yr

• 6,007 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 19:10

And to think that last year when Kimi had heavy impact at FP3 in Monza and had such a sore neck in race that he couldn´t even keep he´s head up so he could have seen where he was going, many here laughed and called a poor "excuse used after LH passed him" under heavy breaking. Now it seems that a sneeze in an elevator is perfect reason (notice, not excuse) for not being on pole. Oh well.

#16 stormshadow

stormshadow

• 511 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 19:16

"It was a stupid thing," he said. "I was in the elevator, had a moment and felt my neck. I was not even driving! what was that stupid thing?
:drunk: :drunk:

#17 mursuka80

mursuka80

• 5,106 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 19:20

Originally posted by yr

And to think that last year when Kimi had heavy impact at FP3 in Monza and had such a sore neck in race that he couldn´t even keep he´s head up so he could have seen where he was going, many here laughed and called a poor "excuse used after LH passed him" under heavy breaking. Now it seems that a sneeze in an elevator is perfect reason (notice, not excuse) for not being on pole. Oh well.

if he gives this excuse tomorrow if he doesnt win im gonna LMAO :lol:

#18 Ruf

Ruf

• 1,283 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 19:21

Originally posted by yr

Now it seems that a sneeze in an elevator is perfect reason (notice, not excuse) for not being on pole. Oh well.

I haven't read the press conference transcript yet. Did he say that he missed the pole because of that, or you're just putting two completely unrelated pieces of information into same post?

#19 BMW_F1

BMW_F1

• 7,670 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 19:35

he said he missed the pole or that his last run was not good because he pushed too hard and made some mistakes, nothing to do with his neck.. On another question, they asked him about his neck, since apparently he was in pain yesterday, and he answer.

Advertisement

#20 Ruf

Ruf

• 1,283 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 19:37

That's what I thought. Thanks :)

#21 yr

yr

• 6,007 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 19:41

Originally posted by Ruf
I haven't read the press conference transcript yet. Did he say that he missed the pole because of that, or you're just putting two completely unrelated pieces of information into same post?

Not that I know of, no. But he has obviously brought it up somewhere during the weekend, otherwise we wouldn´t know about it. Why would he brought that up unless he feels it´s a good way to explaine him possibly not being on pole? Or if he was on pole, he would look like even more of a hero while getting it with such an handicap.

#22 BMW_F1

BMW_F1

• 7,670 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 19:45

Originally posted by yr

Not that I know of, no. But he has obviously brought it up somewhere during the weekend, otherwise we wouldn´t know about it. Why would he brought that up unless he feels it´s a good way to explaine him possibly not being on pole? Or if he was on pole, he would look like even more of a hero while getting it with such an handicap.

they ask him a question about in the PC.. didn't you listen..? Reporters know all of the gossip, just like they heard about Kimi's ear infection the other day..

#23 giacomo

giacomo

• 6,977 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 19:45

Originally posted by yr

So, according to you, Massa should not be allowed to talk about having pain of any sorts but shut up? Because it might be used as an excuse or - God forbid! - he even might look like a hero.

Seems he's really making you nervous.

#24 HoldenRT

HoldenRT

• 6,773 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 19:59

Originally posted by yr

They talked about it on ITV before Q3 had even started.

#25 Mauseri

Mauseri

• 7,644 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 20:07

The main thing is Kimi is on pole so I dont care if Massa lost his lap on track or elevator.

Sounds like an excuse tough considering his pace in Q1 and Q2.

#26 saudoso

saudoso

• 6,776 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 20:09

The amount of attention FM is getting here makes be believe people are really afraid of him.

Last year it would stay in the FM X KR thread. This year its spreads all around, and now he is getting bashing threads of his own.

This is looking good to me :wave:

#27 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 12,310 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 20:16

Originally posted by yr

who implied it's a reason for not being on pole?
has massa said that? why are you trolling without reason?
massa just explained why he didn't lap on friday...he had problems. that's it. he didn't complain about losing his speed with that or sleeping under braking

#28 pingu666

pingu666

• 9,272 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 20:25

Originally posted by yr

his sore neck didnt really matter imo, nothing kimi could of done in that overtake, apart from maybe brake later, lewis was going past... only 2 questions, 1)would they touch 2)would he make the corner..

#29 David M. Kane

David M. Kane

• 5,402 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 20:26

CrazyNinja:

Yes, that is what I heard too.

#30 yr

yr

• 6,007 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 20:30

Originally posted by giacomo

Seems he's really making you nervous.

:lol:

#31 steelyman

steelyman

• 214 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 20:34

when i hear people getting hurt in an elevator only two things come to mind:
1. jumping up at the end of the stop using the momentum to boost you up
2. intimate activity

what else could it be?;)

maybe he hit his head on the elevator roof during one of the above or a combination of the two and had a moment with his neck

#32 yr

yr

• 6,007 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 20:38

Originally posted by MikeTekRacing

who implied it's a reason for not being on pole?
has massa said that? why are you trolling without reason?
massa just explained why he didn't lap on friday...he had problems. that's it. he didn't complain about losing his speed with that or sleeping under braking

Ok, if that was the case, then there´s nothing in it. I never saw the origin where this rumour about Massa having pain in his neck came from. I thought it was typical Massa giving excuses, like last year after he was beaten by Kimi in France GP: "Kimi was lucky to overtook LH in start ( :lol: ) then he was lucky that I faced traffic" etc.

#33 yr

yr

• 6,007 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 20:39

Originally posted by steelyman
when i hear people getting hurt in an elevator only two things come to mind:
1. jumping up at the end of the stop using the momentum to boost you up
2. intimate activity

what else could it be?;)

maybe he hit his head on the elevator roof during one of the above or a combination of the two and had a moment with his neck

:rotfl:

#34 VoidNT

VoidNT

• 1,561 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 20:41

Originally posted by steelyman
2. intimate activity

Funny, that was the first explanation came to my mind too. Hopefully no FIA presidents were involved.

Nice story for a good conspiracy theory. :cool:

#35 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 20:50

Probably he saw something like this:

http://www.videosift...from-Ugly-Betty

:lol:

#36 mursuka80

mursuka80

• 5,106 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 21:28

Love in a elevator!(singing aerosmith) :lol:

#37 MattPete

MattPete

• 2,634 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 21:54

Heck, I pulled my neck something fierce last week towel drying my hair after I got out of the shower! Took me a week before my neck was back to normal.

Necks are funny things.

#38 random

random

• 4,890 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:07

He hurt his neck getting into an elevator?

I guess it was right after "playing tennis" with Juan Pablo Montoya, then "carrying luggage" up the stairs with Patrick Carpentier.;)

#39 mach4

mach4

• 1,873 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:58

Originally posted by random
He hurt his neck getting into an elevator?

I guess it was right after "playing tennis" with Juan Pablo Montoya, then "carrying luggage" up the stairs with Patrick Carpentier.;)

...and I bet earlier he was "eating pretzels" with that Texas village idiot :lol:

Advertisement

#40 Rob G

Rob G

• 11,615 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:10

One would think that a neck that can handle four and a half Gs in a race car could handle a sneeze and a ride in an elevator.

#41 ClubmanGT

ClubmanGT

• 4,209 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:18

It should be worth noting that elevators and escalators are sometimes (incorrectly) used interchangably. The Escalator is more believable, so chances are that's what he meant.

Either that, or he press all the buttons in a lift, and someone who was sick of waiting for the lift after it visited every floor clocked him when he walked out :stoned: :stoned: :stoned: :stoned:

#42 wonk123

wonk123

• 1,658 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:24

I seem to remember a report of him having the sore neck friday and that being the reason he was doing short stints while Kimmi was doing the longer ones