Jump to content


Photo

Lewis Hamilton crumbles under pressure


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#1 Mat Rempit

Mat Rempit
  • Member

  • 176 posts
  • Joined: October 07

Posted 22 June 2008 - 13:08

Lewis Hamilton, despite all the self consoling talks that he had been giving, in actual fact is one of the weakest drivers in terms of handling pressure.

The latest screw up by Hamilton is overtaking DC by cutting the corner.
Well,....if he had a cool head,...all he has to do is just to give up the place,...but his head is steaming and failed to realise that, and had a deserved penalty. :down:

Advertisement

#2 MrAerodynamicist

MrAerodynamicist
  • Member

  • 13,677 posts
  • Joined: March 99

Posted 22 June 2008 - 13:14

It happens all the time. It's a mixture of cars that are too hard to overtake so the drivers have no margin for error, and tracks are mollycoddle the drivers and allow them to make mistakes without penalty.

#3 potmotr

potmotr
  • Member

  • 9,999 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 22 June 2008 - 13:14

What a nice, constructive, trolling thread you've started.
Congratulations. And the race hasn't even finished.

#4 Mat Rempit

Mat Rempit
  • Member

  • 176 posts
  • Joined: October 07

Posted 22 June 2008 - 13:18

Originally posted by MrAerodynamicist
It happens all the time. It's a mixture of cars that are too hard to overtake so the drivers have no margin for error, and tracks are mollycoddle the drivers and allow them to make mistakes without penalty.


agree it happens all the time, but Hamilton was under alot of pressure and cracked under pressure and did not realise he has to give up that place.

Had he done that, he may have finished in 6th place.

#5 Mat Rempit

Mat Rempit
  • Member

  • 176 posts
  • Joined: October 07

Posted 22 June 2008 - 13:23

Originally posted by potmotr
What a nice, constructive, trolling thread you've started.
Congratulations. And the race hasn't even finished.


This is a serious thread,...it is about Hamilton's ability to withstand pressure, but so far it had been proven that he cannot take pressure.
Young drivers usually have more aggression and can take pressure better, but Hamilton is not.

List of his cracks under pressure -
2007 - hit the pitwall in China
2007 - Brazil ran off the track and damaged his gearbox,...lost gears for awhile,...eventually losing the title
2008 - screwed up the start in BAhrain and when in panic mode, ran into the back of Alonso breaking his front wing
2008 - Canada,...seeing Kimi and Kubica making a faster pitstop, he got panicked and ran into the back of Kimi on red light
2008 - France,.... too rush to make up ground, did illegal overtaking, but did not realise he had to give up that place

#6 potmotr

potmotr
  • Member

  • 9,999 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 22 June 2008 - 13:24

Originally posted by Mat Rempit


This is a serious thread


No, it's a flame-baiting hate fest. As usual.

#7 MichaelPM

MichaelPM
  • Member

  • 2,587 posts
  • Joined: October 07

Posted 22 June 2008 - 13:25

If he came into F1 the normal way and experienced mid pack racing in an F1 car that is not so well tuned as a McLaren then he could handle being in such situations. Until he experiences F1 fully he will always be a rookie in some respect.

#8 Mat Rempit

Mat Rempit
  • Member

  • 176 posts
  • Joined: October 07

Posted 22 June 2008 - 13:28

Originally posted by MichaelPM
If he came into F1 the normal way and experienced mid pack racing in an F1 car that is not so well tuned as a McLaren then he could handle being in such situations. Until he experiences F1 fully he will always be a rookie in some respect.


Good point,..

The problem is that Hamilton kept on kidding himself and hopefully the others that he is incredibly cool under pressure....

things like how the mistake at China made him more relaxed... (i fail to understand this)
and that he is totally upbeat about his result in Brazil
And that he thinks he can win in France 2008 despite the 10 place grid penalty

The more he tried to paint a picture about how cool he is under pressure,...the more mistakes he made under pressure.

#9 potmotr

potmotr
  • Member

  • 9,999 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 22 June 2008 - 13:31

Originally posted by Mat Rempit


The more he tried to paint a picture about how cool he is under pressure,...the more mistakes he made under pressure.


He went off on the first lap because he was taking a risk. That's what great drivers do: take risks. If he'd hung back in the pack and finished 11th you'd be slamming him for being sluggish. As it was he took a risk, it didn't pay off and he got a penalty. So what, that's racing.

#10 airwise

airwise
  • Member

  • 2,001 posts
  • Joined: March 05

Posted 22 June 2008 - 13:37

TROLL :down:

#11 Cheap Wine Alesi

Cheap Wine Alesi
  • Member

  • 2,723 posts
  • Joined: December 04

Posted 22 June 2008 - 13:39

Originally posted by airwise
TROLL :down:

No.
Hamilton cracked again today. :down:

#12 mclarensmps

mclarensmps
  • Member

  • 3,776 posts
  • Joined: February 02

Posted 22 June 2008 - 13:42

So much hate...

You guys are something else. Pitiful would be a fitting description :up:

#13 potmotr

potmotr
  • Member

  • 9,999 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 22 June 2008 - 13:43

MatRempit: Why does this subject need its own thread with such a flaming title? And your initial post is trolling at its most blatant. Can't Hamilton's poor showing today be discussed in one of the existing threads?
It is like me starting a new thread saying 'Ferrari Build Shit Cars Which Break and Catch Fire Costing Kimi Raikkonen and Easy Win'. Pathetic.
:down:

#14 Mat Rempit

Mat Rempit
  • Member

  • 176 posts
  • Joined: October 07

Posted 22 June 2008 - 13:44

Originally posted by potmotr


He went off on the first lap because he was taking a risk. That's what great drivers do: take risks. If he'd hung back in the pack and finished 11th you'd be slamming him for being sluggish. As it was he took a risk, it didn't pay off and he got a penalty. So what, that's racing.



Nah...there is a difference between great and not so great drivers...great drivers take risk at the right time, they know when to take risk...
but Hamilton is not so great, he always do the wrong things.

I am seriously beginning to doubt Hamilton's ability as a championship material.

When he had the title in the bag last season, he still managed to lose it,....he may never win a title, ever

#15 Anomnader

Anomnader
  • Member

  • 8,616 posts
  • Joined: May 06

Posted 22 June 2008 - 13:44

Originally posted by potmotr
It is like me starting a new thread saying 'Ferrari Build Shit Cars Which Break and Catch Fire Costing Kimi Raikkonen and Easy Win'. Pathetic.
:down: [/B]


I believe such a thread would be locked by the Mods.

#16 bond

bond
  • Member

  • 2,554 posts
  • Joined: October 07

Posted 22 June 2008 - 13:45

Originally posted by Mat Rempit
Lewis Hamilton, despite all the self consoling talks that he had been giving, in actual fact is one of the weakest drivers in terms of handling pressure.

The latest screw up by Hamilton is overtaking DC by cutting the corner.
Well,....if he had a cool head,...all he has to do is just to give up the place,...but his head is steaming and failed to realise that, and had a deserved penalty. :down:


Troll :down:
Take your hate to somewhere else :rolleyes:
Mods should close this.

#17 potmotr

potmotr
  • Member

  • 9,999 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 22 June 2008 - 13:45

Originally posted by Anomnader


I believe such a thread would be locked by the Mods.


My point exactly. So lets hope this thread is. Can't this be discussed in the McLaren forum of the Magny Cours race forum?

#18 potmotr

potmotr
  • Member

  • 9,999 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 22 June 2008 - 13:47

Originally posted by Mat Rempit



Nah...there is a difference between great and not so great drivers...


A lot of the great champions crashed and made bad calls in the second seasons. Schumacher, Senna...


Originally posted by Mat Rempit


When he had the title in the bag last season, he still managed to lose it,....he may never win a title, ever


Oh, nice idea. Lets start discussing last season again...

#19 SlateGray

SlateGray
  • Member

  • 6,122 posts
  • Joined: August 00

Posted 22 June 2008 - 13:48

Ham can do well. All he needs is the fastest car and P1 starting position. If he has to race forget it he starts making unforced errors left right and centre.

Ham = Hype

Ham does not = Racing driver.

The book on Ham if he has the best car and no one to race he is fine otherwise very error prone. Hamilton sure is making Jacques Villeneuve's WDC look good. :cool:

Advertisement

#20 Mat Rempit

Mat Rempit
  • Member

  • 176 posts
  • Joined: October 07

Posted 22 June 2008 - 13:49

Originally posted by bond


Troll :down:
Take your hate to somewhere else :rolleyes:
Mods should close this.


This thread is specialized in discussing the temperament of Hamilton when under pressure, so it deserves a dedicated thread to debate about this point

#21 ensign14

ensign14
  • Member

  • 37,206 posts
  • Joined: December 01

Posted 22 June 2008 - 13:51

Jeez, this is easy.

Originally posted by Mat Rempit
Kimi Raikkonen, despite all the self consoling talks that he had been giving, in actual fact is one of the weakest drivers in terms of handling pressure.

The latest screw up by Raikkonen is breaking his exhaust by bouncing over the kerbs despite being well in the lead.
Well,....if he had a cool head,...all he has to do is just to give up half-a-second,...but his head is steaming and failed to realise that, and had a deserved penalty. :down:


Originally posted by Mat Rempit
Michael Schumacher, despite all the self consoling talks that he had been giving, in actual fact is one of the weakest drivers in terms of handling pressure.

The latest screw up by Schumacher is trying to take out JV by driving into the side of his car just cos he was being overtaken.
Well,....if he had a cool head,...all he has to do is just to give up track position and let JV outbrake himself,...but his head is steaming and failed to realise that, and had a deserved penalty. :down:


Originally posted by Mat Rempit
Ayrton Senna, despite all the self consoling talks that he had been giving, in actual fact is one of the weakest drivers in terms of handling pressure.

The latest screw up by Senna is losing the title by hitting the wall despite being well in the lead.
Well,....if he had a cool head,...all he has to do is just to relax a little bit,...but his head is steaming and failed to realise that, and had a deserved penalty. :down:



:rolleyes:

#22 Anomnader

Anomnader
  • Member

  • 8,616 posts
  • Joined: May 06

Posted 22 June 2008 - 13:51

Originally posted by SlateGray
Ham can do well. All he needs is the fastest car and P1 starting position. If he has to race forget it he starts making unforced errors left right and centre.

Ham = Hype

Ham does not = Racing driver.

The book on Ham if he has the best car and no one to race he is fine otherwise very error prone. Hamilton sure is making Jacques Villeneuve's WDC look good. :cool:


You know thats completley wrong, so why saying except to start an argument.

#23 potmotr

potmotr
  • Member

  • 9,999 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 22 June 2008 - 13:52

Originally posted by Mat Rempit


This thread is specialized in discussing the temperament of Hamilton when under pressure, so it deserves a dedicated thread to debate about this point


Then why did you call it: 'Lewis Hamilton crumbles under pressure'? That complete lack of objectivity damages your credibility somewhat my friend. Look at the reaction you've got in the past 20 minutes. Like it or not, you've branded yourself a troll.

#24 SlateGray

SlateGray
  • Member

  • 6,122 posts
  • Joined: August 00

Posted 22 June 2008 - 13:56

Originally posted by Anomnader


You know thats completley wrong, so why saying except to start an argument.


No you think it is wrong. If ham can't win the WDC with the best car within two seasons and it looks like he will fail again this year then he is making Jacques WDC look good

Ham folds under pressure even faster than Button folds, is it a British thing?

#25 Mat Rempit

Mat Rempit
  • Member

  • 176 posts
  • Joined: October 07

Posted 22 June 2008 - 13:59

Originally posted by potmotr


Then why did you call it: 'Lewis Hamilton crumbles under pressure'? That complete lack of objectivity damages your credibility somewhat my friend. Look at the reaction you've got in the past 20 minutes. Like it or not, you've branded yourself a troll.


Obviously you may not be very used to debating competitions,...whenever a debate is held,...there will be a debate title,...and both continents will debate whether they agree with the debate title or not.
Thats normally how it works

#26 Alfisti

Alfisti
  • Member

  • 26,431 posts
  • Joined: December 99

Posted 22 June 2008 - 14:02

It's not just LH, Alonso has made a mess of things and hit other drivers for 3 races in a row. Rosberg seem sto almost intentionally lose a nose per race too.

#27 potmotr

potmotr
  • Member

  • 9,999 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 22 June 2008 - 14:03

Originally posted by Mat Rempit
Obviously you may not be very used to debating competitions,...whenever a debate is held,...there will be a debate title,...and both continents will debate whether they agree with the debate title or not.
Thats normally how it works


I don't disagree with the need to debate Lewis Hamilton's rollercoaster form this season. He's gone high-low-high-low this season, so is fair game. But IMO this BB turns into a Hamilton hate-fest far too often, and far too easily. Its ugly. Nothing personal, but I think the standards of debate need to be higher, and that includes thread titles and opening posts. They set the tone for the debate to follow. Nothing personal though. :p

#28 RedBaron

RedBaron
  • Member

  • 2,777 posts
  • Joined: March 01

Posted 22 June 2008 - 14:04

"Anyone can win from the front, legends win from the back." - Lewis Hamilton's best friend (Although I suspect he just made that quote up himself)

Lewis did well to win from 13th today, a true legend. Oh, wait...

#29 pUs

pUs
  • Member

  • 2,543 posts
  • Joined: November 99

Posted 22 June 2008 - 14:04

Well, the topic might be a bit unneccesary.

However, Lewis does seem like a very different driver now compared to the first half of 2007.

#30 Coral

Coral
  • Member

  • 2,749 posts
  • Joined: January 07

Posted 22 June 2008 - 14:04

Another thread bashing Lewis Hamilton. What a surprise. :(

#31 BMW_F1

BMW_F1
  • Member

  • 7,670 posts
  • Joined: February 08

Posted 22 June 2008 - 14:05

he does.

#32 Anomnader

Anomnader
  • Member

  • 8,616 posts
  • Joined: May 06

Posted 22 June 2008 - 14:06

Originally posted by potmotr
MatRempit: Why does this subject need its own thread with such a flaming title? And your initial post is trolling at its most blatant. Can't Hamilton's poor showing today be discussed in one of the existing threads?
It is like me starting a new thread saying 'Ferrari Build Shit Cars Which Break and Catch Fire Costing Kimi Raikkonen and Easy Win'. Pathetic.
:down:



Well I started a thread last week about Kimi as a test on how people are quickly ready to slam one driver but be forgiving on others that they like, the results were interesting, most of the ones doing the slamming of Lewis did a right face and lept to Kimis defences, but it got quickly closed by the Mods, which they don't seem so quick to do with Lewis bashing threads, hell even the one that was a complete fabrication was allowed to go on for another few pages before getting locked.


I really don't know whats worse, FIA or rival fans who have little sense of decency and come on here to antagonize people or have insulting signatures

#33 kar

kar
  • Member

  • 10,307 posts
  • Joined: January 06

Posted 22 June 2008 - 14:06

Lewis also ran into the back of his teammate.

I think there's a very select few that haven't been hit from behind by Lewis this season.

I guess that is what he means by 'enjoying coming from the back.'

#34 Kop Alonso

Kop Alonso
  • Member

  • 277 posts
  • Joined: November 07

Posted 22 June 2008 - 14:07

Warning Troll bating in progress.....

:down:

#35 DarthWillie

DarthWillie
  • Member

  • 1,719 posts
  • Joined: November 07

Posted 22 June 2008 - 14:08

Originally posted by Mat Rempit
Lewis Hamilton, despite all the self consoling talks that he had been giving, in actual fact is one of the weakest drivers in terms of handling pressure.

The latest screw up by Hamilton is overtaking DC by cutting the corner.
Well,....if he had a cool head,...all he has to do is just to give up the place,...but his head is steaming and failed to realise that, and had a deserved penalty. :down:


Max Rempit cracks under pressure, so hastely opening a thread he didn't even notice LH overtook Vettel not DC :lol:

#36 Blueray

Blueray
  • Member

  • 407 posts
  • Joined: April 08

Posted 22 June 2008 - 14:08

Hamiltons racing mentality was summed up in the itv pre race show when he said a close friend had rang him before the race and told him that 'anyone can win from pole, but only legends win from the back of the grid' after which he just smiled smugly and praised his close friend for always giving him good advice. His racing mentality is so immature and thats why it costs him so much.

#37 Nitropower

Nitropower
  • Member

  • 1,174 posts
  • Joined: October 07

Posted 22 June 2008 - 14:09

It's a pity cos I think this kid has what it takes to become WDC. But he needs some mental training.

#38 bankoq

bankoq
  • Member

  • 2,078 posts
  • Joined: February 07

Posted 22 June 2008 - 14:10

Originally posted by Mat Rempit
Lewis Hamilton, despite all the self consoling talks that he had been giving, in actual fact is one of the weakest drivers in terms of handling pressure.

The latest screw up by Hamilton is overtaking DC by cutting the corner.
Well,....if he had a cool head,...all he has to do is just to give up the place,...but his head is steaming and failed to realise that, and had a deserved penalty. :down:


Hey, you've forgotten about something - maybe his race engineer just forgot to remind him to give back a place to David! YES, it can't be Lewis' "best ever, no doubt" error, it must that f... engineer's mistake!;)

I can't remember a driver making so many mistakes... wait, I remember now! Yuji Ide! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#39 Anomnader

Anomnader
  • Member

  • 8,616 posts
  • Joined: May 06

Posted 22 June 2008 - 14:10

Originally posted by Blueray
Hamiltons racing mentality was summed up in the itv pre race show when he said a close friend had rang him before the race and told him that 'anyone can win from pole, but only legends win from the back of the grid' after which he just smiled smugly and praised his close friend for always giving him good advice. His racing mentality is so immature and thats why it costs him so much.


I think you can someup, by you saying SMILED SMUGLY, not just smiled, and any it was HIS ****ing FRIEND TRYING TO LIFT HIS SPIRITS

What the hell is so wrong with that

Advertisement

#40 Blueray

Blueray
  • Member

  • 407 posts
  • Joined: April 08

Posted 22 June 2008 - 14:11

Originally posted by Anomnader


I think you can someup, by you saying SMILED SMUGLY, not just smiled, and any it was HIS ****ing FRIEND TRYING TO LIFT HIS SPIRITS

What the hell is so wrong with that


Its an example of everyone around him feeding him bullshit and Hamilton swallowing it.

#41 potmotr

potmotr
  • Member

  • 9,999 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 22 June 2008 - 14:11

Originally posted by kar
Lewis also ran into the back of his teammate.

I think there's a very select few that haven't been hit from behind by Lewis this season.

I guess that is what he means by 'enjoying coming from the back.'


He's having a yo-yo season that's for sure. And for the first time this afternoon on the ITV pre-race show (and the comments from Allen and Kravitz) I think we're seeing signs that Hamilton is getting a little rattled.
Still, not the end of the world. Bouncing back from adversity is the true test of a great sportsman. And the season isn't half over yet...

#42 SlateGray

SlateGray
  • Member

  • 6,122 posts
  • Joined: August 00

Posted 22 June 2008 - 14:11

Originally posted by Blueray
Hamiltons racing mentality was summed up in the itv pre race show when he said a close friend had rang him before the race and told him that 'anyone can win from pole, but only legends win from the back of the grid' after which he just smiled smugly and praised his close friend for always giving him good advice. His racing mentality is so immature and thats why it costs him so much.


The story remains the same

Lewis STFU and drive......

but not into the back of another car, it is not a game of tag the champions buckside.

#43 jesee

jesee
  • Member

  • 1,669 posts
  • Joined: November 07

Posted 22 June 2008 - 14:28

Originally posted by Mat Rempit
Lewis Hamilton, despite all the self consoling talks that he had been giving, in actual fact is one of the weakest drivers in terms of handling pressure.

The latest screw up by Hamilton is overtaking DC by cutting the corner.
Well,....if he had a cool head,...all he has to do is just to give up the place,...but his head is steaming and failed to realise that, and had a deserved penalty. :down:


You couldn't even wait for the race to end in your excitement to be first to start another bash-thread, congratulations :clap: ...you arrived first....now i wait with some baited breath for all the gleeful to join the que. I can only quote what plato said in 400bc .."A wise man speaks because he has something to say, a fool speaks because he has to say something"

#44 SlateGray

SlateGray
  • Member

  • 6,122 posts
  • Joined: August 00

Posted 22 June 2008 - 14:30

Originally posted by jesee

A wise man speaks because he has something to say, a fool speaks because he has to say something"


Tell that to Lewis :rotfl:

#45 Crazy Ninja

Crazy Ninja
  • Member

  • 1,370 posts
  • Joined: February 08

Posted 22 June 2008 - 14:33

Oh ffs he's 23 years old!!!! He has possibly 15 years yet to win a wdc. He is nowhere near his best as a racing driver. He has more time than most people to develop his abilities (Hill started his first race in his 30s and still became wdc). Lewis is still on a steep learning curve as regards racing in F1 and not just driving a F1 car. He just needs to realise he doesnt need to win the World Championship this year cos he seems to putting a lot of unnecessary pressure on himself.

#46 jesee

jesee
  • Member

  • 1,669 posts
  • Joined: November 07

Posted 22 June 2008 - 14:42

Originally posted by SlateGray


Tell that to Lewis :rotfl:



You just proved what plato said...you couldn't wait to say something..well you have the last word but no need for me to feed a troll :wave:

#47 gerry nassar

gerry nassar
  • RC Forum Host

  • 10,880 posts
  • Joined: November 98

Posted 22 June 2008 - 14:44

Enough.

Thread closed. While the topic isnt irrelevant, it wasnt presented in a manner that would allow amicable discussion.