FIA to discuss team entry fees hike

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Peter Perfect

Peter Perfect

• 5,618 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:29

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/68602

The FIA are after more money from the teams for various improvements.

What happened to the $100M McLaren fine?!

Advertisement

#2 united

united

• 814 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:46

First look: I think FIA is trying to extract some shekels for the infrastructure that in some cases has being used for 6 years already.

#3 K-One

K-One

• 6,248 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:48

Max is just trying to get some support from teams to urge Bernie to give more money to them - just politics

#4 kar

kar

• 10,434 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:57

I dunno, the rationale behind the hikes seems pretty sound. The FIA has been paying for much of this out of its own pocket so I think it's only fair the pass some of those costs onto the teams.

When you think of the hundreds of millions that is leeched out of the sport by Bernie and CVC, I think it's fair the FIA ask for a tiny, minuscule fraction of that money to pay its costs, money unlike CVC and Ecclestone it reinvests back into F1 and motorsport.

As for McLaren's 100M fine, none of that goes into FIA coffers it went into a special fund for motorsport development that's overseen by a number of people not least Mercedes and Michael Schumacher.

#5 united

united

• 814 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:04

FIA gets $650 000 from every GP promoter, that is around $10 million already. Besides I do not see any rationale in trying to make team pay for intercom system that has been set up 6 years ago.

The only reason is clear: Max wants more money.

#6 zakeriath

zakeriath

• 707 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:08

Is this the end of marshalling as we know it, lights to replace flags, then all they need are quick snatch vehicles like they have in the US.