Photo

Ecclestone warned Mosley.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Fatgadget

Fatgadget

• 6,966 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 16:56

Interesting this revelation. So all along Bernard knew about Maxxxs sexual predilections and that if revealed all hell would break loose? :D
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/68669

Advertisement

#2 Gilles12

Gilles12

• 863 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 16:57

Maybe part of the thrill was the risk of getting caught...

#3 primer

primer

• 6,664 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 17:04

Originally posted by Gilles12
Maybe part of the thrill was the risk of getting caught...

I'd say the real thrills started for Max once the scandal became public.

The manner is which Bernard's servant was contacted suggests to me that this operation has hand of some 'old-timer' in F1 community, who knows all about not just Bernard, Max etc, but also about the people they employ in private capacity.

Now who might that be? :confused:

EDIT:

Err Fatgadget, if we are reading the same article, it seems to me that Bernard was aware that a certain intelligence gathering operation might be in force, but he wasn't aware of Max Hardcore's sexual antics. At least that is what Bernard's servant is trying to project in media.

#4 Sébastien

Sébastien

• 1,267 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 17:17

Originally posted by Fatgadget
Interesting this revelation. So all along Bernard knew about Maxxxs sexual predilections and that if revealed all hell would break loose? :D

I think you should brush up on your reading skills FatG, it doesn't say so in the Autosport and original article at all.
But anyway it doesn't need a new thread because it's discussed here .

#5 BMW_F1

BMW_F1

• 7,670 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 17:23

this is very interesting .. I had the hunch that someone wanted to frame him but this confirms it.. The video had all the indication it was a professional job where people paid a lot of money to get it done..
Now that I've confirmed this idea, we can just imagine that there would have been thousands of ways for a professional agency to lure/guide Mosley to pick this kind of service.. I've seen to many movies about this stuff. Its really interesting to watch, what this people can come up with to make something happen.

#6 Lifew12

Lifew12

• 4,551 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 17:25

Originally posted by BMW_F1
this is very interesting .. I had the hunch that someone wanted to frame him but this confirms it..

No it doesn't, it is an unconfirmed story and one that simply seems very odd indeed.

Sebastiens right, however, there is already a discussion on this.

#7 BMW_F1

BMW_F1

• 7,670 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 17:29

Originally posted by Lifew12

No it doesn't, it is an unconfirmed story and one that simply seems very odd indeed.

Sebastiens right, however, there is already a discussion on this.

I don't want to get into it but I can't really think what would be another motive to get this done other than to screw him up ..

#8 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 18:27

So, who was behind the set up, and why? I would like to have Max replaced just because of his never ending lust for screwing up with regulations, but would I go and crossed the LINE? Probably not, yet someone else did. I wonder whether he is under attack because of his father's political inclinations, and this all has nothing to do with FIA?

#9 AyePirate

AyePirate

• 5,823 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 18:29

I thought Bernie said he didn't know anything about it before and now he says he warned Max.

How odd, Bernie never changes his story, ever. :lol:

#10 Juan Kerr

Juan Kerr

• 3,151 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 18:36

Max needs to resign, nevermind people trying to make the devil out of someone else.

#11 pingu666

pingu666

• 9,272 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 18:42

i think he didnt know about mosley's activities, cos thats not what u normaly discuss with friends is it ?

#12 HoldenRT

HoldenRT

• 6,773 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 18:48

To say Max was setup says that he was entrapped into a situation he wouldn't usually put himself in. Max did these type of things before, the only difference this time was the camera. To say he was setup, imo would be more like if he doesn't do these things, but someone got him drunk and then lured him into a trap and then video'd it.

#13 stevewf1

stevewf1

• 3,259 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 18:53

Perhaps there is more to it?

There's a word...

http://dictionary.re...owse/bedfellows

#14 rolf123

rolf123

• 2,417 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 19:23

Originally posted by HoldenRT
Max did these type of things before, the only difference this time was the camera.

How do you know that?

#15 Beedeeai

Beedeeai

• 647 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 20:35

To say Max was setup says that he was entrapped into a situation he wouldn't usually put himself in. Max did these type of things before, the only difference this time was the camera. To say he was setup, imo would be more like if he doesn't do these things, but someone got him drunk and then lured him into a trap and then video'd it.

Ab-soooo-lutely. Max took in a camera to the dungeon meeting to film himself and admitted to the Sunday Telegraph that he has a genuine interest in BDSM so I agree that it would not be reasonable at all to say he was 'set up'. He did what he did and next week he will start to find out if he has to pay (literally) for it. If he loses the case, the consequences could be far far worse than just financial.

Pull up the chairs for the ringside seat and grab the popcorn - this should be one to watch regardless of the outcome.

#16 Fatgadget

Fatgadget

• 6,966 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 21:13

Originally posted by Sébastien

I think you should brush up on your reading skills FatG, it doesn't say so in the Autosport and original article at all.
But anyway it doesn't need a new thread because it's discussed here .

I think you ought to also tell that to the author of the article I am faithfully quoting. And by inference the editor of Autosport. Surely nothing goes past him/her without scrutiny no?

#17 OfficeLinebacker

OfficeLinebacker

• 14,088 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:14

Remember I alleged that Bernie was behind the plot to publicise the predilections?

I was wrong, I believe the other way 'round, that Bernie made at least an offhand attempt to warn Max.

Either way, this is a very Clintonesque situation. Some say that a person's private life is not germane. Others say there is a public duty to uphold values or some **** like that.

Either way, wow, F1 has some serious intrigue for such a boring sport.

And I mean that as a fan of F1.

Now that I think about it, the Presidential elections in the USA are incredibly boring, I guess it's just personal preference.

Note: I am not a fan at all of the US political process.

#18 Bernd Rosemeyer

Bernd Rosemeyer

• 1,296 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 13:16

Was the assault planned by the MI5?

#19 GhostR

GhostR

• 3,782 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 18:16

Originally posted by Fatgadget
I think you ought to also tell that to the author of the article I am faithfully quoting. And by inference the editor of Autosport. Surely nothing goes past him/her without scrutiny no?

Where in the article does it say Bernie knew about Max's BDSM interests? It says exactly the opposite, actually:

"I asked Bernie if there was anything anyone was going to find out about Max and he said 'you're not going to find anything because there's nothing there, he's Mr Boring in that sense'. Mosley had kept this a good secret."

and

"When we saw what was in the News of the World, Bernie was as flabbergasted as I was."