Photo

Forcefeedback thread

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Menace

Menace

• 12,231 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 16:08

Hi, I'm new to the FFB wheels on both consoles and PC, I yesterday bought the Logitech Force GT, but found the FFB settings to be tad too strong for my preference. What type of settings do you use? So far I have only played PC games with the wheel (even though it is advertised as PS3 only, it works flawlessly on the PC), mainly GTR2 and Dirt.

Any suggestions to the settings? Maybe everyone with a wheel could share some typical settings you use?

Advertisement

#2 Patrik L

Patrik L

• 30 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:44

I have another Logi model, G25, but I run Logis controller program, the profiler, at 100-105% FF force and then use the settings inside the sim to correct the force to what I want.

#3 karlth

karlth

• 16,238 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:02

Originally posted by Menace
Hi, I'm new to the FFB wheels on both consoles and PC, I yesterday bought the Logitech Force GT, but found the FFB settings to be tad too strong for my preference. What type of settings do you use? So far I have only played PC games with the wheel (even though it is advertised as PS3 only, it works flawlessly on the PC), mainly GTR2 and Dirt.

Any suggestions to the settings? Maybe everyone with a wheel could share some typical settings you use?

Depends on the Sim you are playing but for the most part you would turn all settings to zero in the control panel apart from steering force which should be around 100%. Then as Patrik says tune the settings ingame.

RaceSimCentral is a good place for advice on specific simulators:
http://forum.racesim...play.php?f=1256

#4 Menace

Menace

• 12,231 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:37

Thanks karlth!

Patrick, I almost bought the G25 but decided to give the Force GT a try first! The internals of the Force GT are actually based upon what Logitech learned from the G25, i know G25 is superb(have used it) but I am really impressed with the Force GT so far (obviously G25 has much better pedal set and is overall better)! At US$150 it was just a great deal. BTW I'm using the Logitech profiler too, what about the turning radius? I have it set at 540degrees right now, but it almost feels like too much? Mainly playing GTR2 right now, I found the Dirt FFB to be far inferior to GTR2 BTW. In GTR2 I have the profile set to G25 and it is just so much fun!

Karlth, are you playing iRacing already? Is it worth the subscription do you think? Does it deliver on the hype?

Next, GT5: Prologue. Haven't had a change to try the wheel with that superb game yet, for what I hear the GT5 FFB is superb :D !

#5 Menace

Menace

• 12,231 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:19

BTW anyone here tried the GTR2 F12008 mod? Im downloading it right now, looks pretty comparable to the rFactor F1 mod...

#6 TF106

TF106

• 114 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:08

BTW anyone here tried the GTR2 F12008 mod? Im downloading it right now, looks pretty comparable to the rFactor F1 mod...

url plz...

thanks

#7 Menace

Menace

• 12,231 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:43

Originally posted by TF106

url plz...

thanks

http://www.gamers-cr...read.php?t=3393

and

http://files.filefro...;/fileinfo.html;

for the new v1.4mod. You need both 1.2 and 1.3 first from the other link.

#8 karlth

karlth

• 16,238 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 14:55

Karlth, are you playing iRacing already? Is it worth the subscription do you think? Does it deliver on the hype?

Yes, it is very good, especially the physics and FFB.

If driving many different cars and circuits is important to you though than I'd recommend rFactor or GTR2. They are both excellent.