Photo

Yves Feilner RIP

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Buford

Buford

• 11,174 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 20:08

Most TNF members I am sure have not been looking at the "Ultimate Cost" thread. A few weeks ago Belgian racer Yves Feilner lost his life in a hillclimb. His wife Ria Feilner has been telling us a little about him. I thought the main group would like to see some pics from his career and perhaps express your thoughts to his wife.

http://www.motorspor...hp?db=ct&n=7862

http://www.rsteam.be...1ddd1f4861fa5bc

Advertisement

#2 sterling49

sterling49

• 10,917 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 20:48

I have just read the thread regarding Yves, and it is so typical of many ardent fans in motorsport, Yves however, was very fortunate to have a partner in life that shared his passion in every sense, a lucky guy who also enjoyed a the support of an admirable lady, Ria. R.I.P. Yves, you had a great taste in cars, especially the Alpine used in 1980, I often saw them on continental trips in the early '70s, such a fast and pretty car. Thoughts to Ria and family at this sad time.

I wonder did Yves ever compete on the Tour of Ypres rally?

#3 fines

fines

• 9,647 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:22

Such a sad thing to happen, especially as he was going to retire soon! :(

A true enthusiast, RIP!

My condolences to Ria and his children. What were the exact words of Bruce McLaren? "To die, doing something one loves, cannot be foolhardy", or something to that effect. May it be of comfort to you all.

#4 Buford

Buford

• 11,174 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 19:08

Originally posted by sterling49
you had a great taste in cars, especially the Alpine used in 1980, I often saw them on continental trips in the early '70s, such a fast and pretty car.

Thats the one that caught my eye immediately. I used to race against one of those, the Archer Brothers had one or something similar. It was really fast but nobody ever knew if it was legal because we had never seen one.

#5 sterling49

sterling49

• 10,917 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 21:02

Originally posted by Buford

Thats the one that caught my eye immediately. I used to race against one of those, the Archer Brothers had one or something similar. It was really fast but nobody ever knew if it was legal because we had never seen one.

I cannot remember the year, I think it was 1973, this car was the one that took the honours in the World Rally Championship, 1600 c.c. Renault (16) pushrod, twin sidedraught 40/45 DCOE Webers and a light slippery GRP body, they were the class of the field. Jean Luc Therier, Ove Andersson, Jean Pierre Nicholas, all drove these cars to great effect, and one Jean Todt, used to occupy the co-drivers seat. A great car, IMHO, the best ever to wear a Renault badge :up: Yves was so lucky to have the lovely example he used, and to have used it in anger :wave:

#6 Ria Feilner

Ria Feilner

• 16 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 22:16

Hi,

This car you all like very much is the car we wanted to buy
when Yves had stopped hillclimbing.
We wanted to have a nice time and to win(of course) some historic rallys together!

#7 sterling49

sterling49

• 10,917 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 22:19

Originally posted by Ria Feilner
Hi,

This car you all like very much is the car we wanted to buy
when Yves had stopped hillclimbing.
We wanted to have a nice time and to win(of course) some historic rallys together!

it is a lovely car Ria, a really pretty design, but stunningly functional also, do you have any photos you could post?

#8 Ria Feilner

Ria Feilner

• 16 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 22:21

I'm sorry but No he never compete the Ypres Rally!

#9 Ria Feilner

Ria Feilner

• 16 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 22:22

I do have some photos but I don't know how to poste them!

#10 sterling49

sterling49

• 10,917 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 23:09

Originally posted by Ria Feilner
I do have some photos but I don't know how to poste them!

Ria, look at the 4th thread from the top "How To Post Your Images/Photos", this might offer some assistance.