Photo

Old Formula Vees - Group V in Australia

• Please log in to reply
1335 replies to this topic

#351 brucemoxon

brucemoxon

• 613 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:48

Hmmmm, my MJM was orange, red and green. :eek: I would love to see some colour photos of it. :)

I remember the MJM being green and gold (Brabham-like) when Damon Beck had it. But my memory could be flawed. And just when are we seeing it? Hmmm?

Paul, I did remember the car being black when Joe had it - might even have had the Mako body on it at the time, too. What colour was it when you got it (or couldn't you tell under the patina of eucalyptus oil and dirt?)

Damon called me today. He had 'an event' (a minor stroke) in November and had some hospital time and rehab.

But, he sounded really well, considering. He no longer trusts his memory and so worries about posting places like here in case he mis-remembers things. Reckons he's no ready to go yet - stubborn, eh? He's been sick for over six years now. Tough bloke - of Chuck Norris stature perhaps?

Bruce Moxon

Advertisement

#352 moxonvee

moxonvee

• 15 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:16

Posted Image

Another link in the restoration of my Elfin with another owner / driver visiting today. Mal Wilkinson who bought the car from Damian Ridgeway and owned it from 1980 to 1990 called in to check out the progress and discuss his times with the car. Having had Leo Anthony Fusinato and Damian Ridgeway visit in February this year we have now covered the car's drivers from 1971 to 1987.

Cheers
Des

Belated congratulations Des on getting your car finished and the work you have put into tracking the former owners.

Regards

Paul English

#353 moxonvee

moxonvee

• 15 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:24

I remember the MJM being green and gold (Brabham-like) when Damon Beck had it. But my memory could be flawed. And just when are we seeing it? Hmmm?

Paul, I did remember the car being black when Joe had it - might even have had the Mako body on it at the time, too. What colour was it when you got it (or couldn't you tell under the patina of eucalyptus oil and dirt?)

Damon called me today. He had 'an event' (a minor stroke) in November and had some hospital time and rehab.

But, he sounded really well, considering. He no longer trusts his memory and so worries about posting places like here in case he mis-remembers things. Reckons he's no ready to go yet - stubborn, eh? He's been sick for over six years now. Tough bloke - of Chuck Norris stature perhaps?

Bruce Moxon

Bruce,

It was Black with the mako body when I got it, but I thought that the Mako body was fitted after he rolled it at Oran Park and then bought a Mako to replace it. I dont think Joe raced it after the roll over, that was the impression I got from reading the article on him.

Regards

Paul

#354 Catalina Park

Catalina Park

• 5,745 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:41

Bruce Moxon

Hi Bruce,
The MJM was blue when I got it from the bloke that got it from Damon. He had a new body made for it when he got it from Damon.

Could you pass on my regards to Damon next time you talk to him, he is quite a remarkable bloke.
Last time I was talking to him was a couple of years back and his memory was very sharp. He was answering questions that he couldn't answer ten years earlier and remembering lots of small details not just big stuff.

Michael Hickey.

#355 Jacer

Jacer

• 209 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 21:45

Hi Bruce,
The MJM was blue when I got it from the bloke that got it from Damon. He had a new body made for it when he got it from Damon.

Could you pass on my regards to Damon next time you talk to him, he is quite a remarkable bloke.
Last time I was talking to him was a couple of years back and his memory was very sharp. He was answering questions that he couldn't answer ten years earlier and remembering lots of small details not just big stuff.

Michael Hickey.

Strange the things you learn here. I always thought the MJM being blue was somehow derived from
Graham Engel and Colliers tool sponsorship.

#356 brucemoxon

brucemoxon

• 613 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:59

Strange the things you learn here. I always thought the MJM being blue was somehow derived from
Graham Engel and Colliers tool sponsorship.

Dang it!

Maybe it was a metallic blue and gold?

Grrr. Stupid brain.

BM

#357 Catalina Park

Catalina Park

• 5,745 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:30

Dang it!

Maybe it was a metallic blue and gold?

Grrr. Stupid brain.

BM

The log book that I have was issued in December 75 and the colour then was Green which has been crossed out and replaced with Blue/White. This log book was issued during Michael Truman's ownership of the car.

#358 eldougo

eldougo

• 6,324 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:36

Micheal i will go down to his place in the next few days and talk to G.E. and see if he has a colour pic.

Happy 2010. :wave:

#359 alma

alma

• 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:31

Posted Image

Just trying to add a photo for the first time.

I am very interested in the picture that you recently posted. In 1973 my husband and I lived in San Donato Milanese, Italy and our neighbors at our hotel were from Melbourne...Leo and Susie Fusinato. In the early 80's we lost track of them and I was wondering if there was any way you could get a message to the Leo Fusinato in your photo to see if it is in fact the same person. We are originally from Kansas but have been living in a suburb of Washington DC since 1980. I do know that the Leo we knew was a formula race car driver...needless to say the photo with his name brought back old memories even if it is not the same person.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alma Baxter

Advertisement

#360 Catalina Park

Catalina Park

• 5,745 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:30

Micheal i will go down to his place in the next few days and talk to G.E. and see if he has a colour pic.

Happy 2010. :wave:

Thanks Doug.
Actually any photos at all of the car would be a great help. Especially the rear of the chassis. :wave:

#361 Des Piggott

Des Piggott

• 27 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:26

I am very interested in the picture that you recently posted. In 1973 my husband and I lived in San Donato Milanese, Italy and our neighbors at our hotel were from Melbourne...Leo and Susie Fusinato. In the early 80's we lost track of them and I was wondering if there was any way you could get a message to the Leo Fusinato in your photo to see if it is in fact the same person. We are originally from Kansas but have been living in a suburb of Washington DC since 1980. I do know that the Leo we knew was a formula race car driver...needless to say the photo with his name brought back old memories even if it is not the same person.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alma Baxter

Hi Alma, another interesting link in this interesting story of an old race car. You are correct, it is that Leo and Susie. I have sent you a message regarding contact.

Regards

Des

#362 chequer57

chequer57

• 267 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 23:17

Bruce,

It was Black with the mako body when I got it, but I thought that the Mako body was fitted after he rolled it at Oran Park and then bought a Mako to replace it. I dont think Joe raced it after the roll over, that was the impression I got from reading the article on him.

Regards

Paul

Paul,

A quick summary of the car colour scheme from spreadsheet David Blanch prepared that the HFVAA now have a copy of:
1970 Sandown 22/02/70 7 John Moxon Moxon Vee
1970 warwick farm 15/02/70 12 John Moxon Moxon Vee Red
1970 warwick farm 03/05/70 17 John Moxon Moxon Vee Red
1970 bathurst 30/03/70 48 John Moxon Moxon Vee Red
1970 oran park 12/04/70 9 John Moxon Moxon Vee Red
1973 oran park 20/05/73 39 I Bawden/Joe Bawden Moxon Vee Black
1973 amaroo park 03/06/73 39 I, Bawden/Joe Bawden Moxon
1973 amaroo park 22/07/73 39 I Bawden/Joe Bawden Moxon Black
1973 amaroo park 18/08/73 39 I Bawden/Joe Bawden Moxon Black
1973 warwick farm 0/05/73 39 Joe Bawden (Reserve) Moxon Vee Black
1973 warwick farm 15/07/73 39 I L, Bawden Joe Bawden Moxon Vee Black

Regards,

Ian Lee

#363 moxonvee

moxonvee

• 15 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:58

Paul,

A quick summary of the car colour scheme from spreadsheet David Blanch prepared that the HFVAA now have a copy of:
1970 Sandown 22/02/70 7 John Moxon Moxon Vee
1970 warwick farm 15/02/70 12 John Moxon Moxon Vee Red
1970 bathurst 30/03/70 48 John Moxon Moxon Vee Red
1970 oran park 12/04/70 9 John Moxon Moxon Vee Red
1973 oran park 20/05/73 39 I Bawden/Joe Bawden Moxon Vee Black
1973 amaroo park 03/06/73 39 I, Bawden/Joe Bawden Moxon
1973 amaroo park 22/07/73 39 I Bawden/Joe Bawden Moxon Black
1973 amaroo park 18/08/73 39 I Bawden/Joe Bawden Moxon Black
1973 warwick farm 0/05/73 39 Joe Bawden (Reserve) Moxon Vee Black
1973 warwick farm 15/07/73 39 I L, Bawden Joe Bawden Moxon Vee Black

Regards,

Ian Lee

Thanks Ian

To fill in the rest of the History

1973 oran park 16/09/73 Joe Bawden Crashed Car Bent Roll Bar
1975 Amaroo Park 26/10/75 Barry Holloway

#364 Eshe

Eshe

• 118 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:06

Here is a picture I took at Amaroo Park on 21/5/78. I don't have the program handy so maybe a few learned forum members will be able to identify some of the cars and drivers for us all. My notes at the time say that it is Bernie Cashin in a Rennmax in the lead.

Also, a special thanks to 'Wirra' for the photos you have helped me with.

Posted Image

The picture below is from the Amaroo Park meeting of 14 Aug 1977 - my notes say this is Bob Sanderson in a Phillips Vee.

Posted Image

Edited by Eshe, 04 January 2010 - 11:55.

#365 Wirra

Wirra

• 916 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 22:19

Posted Image
1 Cashin, 2 Radtke, 3 Calderbank, 4 Benson?, 5 McDonald, 6 Burke, 7 Norton?, 8 Cramp, 9 Riley, 10 Laverick, 11 Beck, 12 Houston, 13 ?, 14 Parsons?, 15?, 16 ?, 17 ?, 18 Larkin, 19 ?

There had been a fair bit of carnage in the earlier races that year, also some changing of the guard, so this is my guess. A programme would help. With my NG still bent from an 'off' at Oran Park I was driving Simon Gilbert's Mk1 Elfin, unfortunately fitted with a 'Sandown' diff... that's my excuse and I sticking to it.

#366 chequer57

chequer57

• 267 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:00

Posted Image
1 Cashin, 2 Radtke, 3 Calderbank, 4 Benson?, 5 McDonald, 6 Burke, 7 Norton?, 8 Cramp, 9 Riley, 10 Laverick, 11 Beck, 12 Houston, 13 ?, 14 Parsons?, 15?, 16 ?, 17 ?, 18 Larkin, 19 ?

There had been a fair bit of carnage in the earlier races that year, also some changing of the guard, so this is my guess. A programme would help. With my NG still bent from an 'off' at Oran Park I was driving Simon Gilbert's Mk1 Elfin, unfortunately fitted with a 'Sandown' diff... that's my excuse and I sticking to it.

From previously mentioned list.
3 John Goss Racing Pty Ltd Peter Radtke V.W.
6 Pedemonts/Peter Houston Elfin
7 P McDonald/Paul McDonald Nimbus
10 K Calderbank/Kerry Calderbank Revell
12 W Hall/Wayne Hall Standfast
18 John Goss Racing PtyLtd/Mark laverick Rennmax
20 John Goss Racing PtyLtd/Bernie Cashin Rennmax
21 Ian Dexter Racing Pty Ltd/Bill Norton Rennmax
25 S Gilbert/Simon Gilbert Elfin
27 D Bryant/David Bryant Rennmax
29 S Cramp/Steve Cramp GAS Vee
31 F Burke/Frank Burke Nimbus
33 RM Waddy/Russ Waddy Bungalow Vee
38 D Leikvold/David Leikvold Rennmax
45 Denis Riley Allget
47 Q Bland/Quentin Bland Rennmax
51 C Moulds/Colin Moulds Rennmax
52 S Hohnen/Stephen Hohnen Rennmax
54 D Beck/Damon Beck Rennmax
60 Phil Parsons Nimbus
61 S Page/Steve Page Trips Vee
65 K Franks/Keith Franks Elfin
67 G Neill/Greg Neill Allget
69 A Birmingham/Alan Birmingham Ranger
73 E Stoker/Ed Stoker FST Vee
77 G Benson/Graham Benson Rennmax
82 B Colbey/Bruce Colbey Elfin
83 G Evans/Glyn Evans Nimbus

#367 Jacer

Jacer

• 209 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:38

From previously mentioned list.
3 John Goss Racing Pty Ltd Peter Radtke V.W.
6 Pedemonts/Peter Houston Elfin
7 P McDonald/Paul McDonald Nimbus
10 K Calderbank/Kerry Calderbank Revell
12 W Hall/Wayne Hall Standfast
18 John Goss Racing PtyLtd/Mark laverick Rennmax
20 John Goss Racing PtyLtd/Bernie Cashin Rennmax
21 Ian Dexter Racing Pty Ltd/Bill Norton Rennmax
25 S Gilbert/Simon Gilbert Elfin
27 D Bryant/David Bryant Rennmax
29 S Cramp/Steve Cramp GAS Vee
31 F Burke/Frank Burke Nimbus
33 RM Waddy/Russ Waddy Bungalow Vee
38 D Leikvold/David Leikvold Rennmax
45 Denis Riley Allget
47 Q Bland/Quentin Bland Rennmax
51 C Moulds/Colin Moulds Rennmax
52 S Hohnen/Stephen Hohnen Rennmax
54 D Beck/Damon Beck Rennmax
60 Phil Parsons Nimbus
61 S Page/Steve Page Trips Vee
65 K Franks/Keith Franks Elfin
67 G Neill/Greg Neill Allget
69 A Birmingham/Alan Birmingham Ranger
73 E Stoker/Ed Stoker FST Vee
77 G Benson/Graham Benson Rennmax
82 B Colbey/Bruce Colbey Elfin
83 G Evans/Glyn Evans Nimbus

John Goss Racing p/l? I thought they were 'Bugformance'or something similar. Where are they all now Ian, there's a real challenge for you.

#368 chequer57

chequer57

• 267 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 13:18

PASS

Edited by chequer57, 05 January 2010 - 13:19.

#369 Falcadore

Falcadore

• 1,636 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:27

QUestion I've raised in the Elfin 50 year thread - heard tell of a story recently that there were a small handful of Vees built, or finished by Elfin not long after Garrie Cooper's death, but well before his successors started producing the Crusader, and that those Vees are now not allowed to be called Elfins. Is there anyone who can clarify what seems to be a silly issue for me?

Edited by Falcadore, 14 January 2010 - 06:28.

#370 chequer57

chequer57

• 267 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:52

QUestion I've raised in the Elfin 50 year thread - heard tell of a story recently that there were a small handful of Vees built, or finished by Elfin not long after Garrie Cooper's death, but well before his successors started producing the Crusader, and that those Vees are now not allowed to be called Elfins. Is there anyone who can clarify what seems to be a silly issue for me?

There were three Elfin NG's finished (ie orders already placed) by Garrie's dad Cliff in 1983 they were all Elfins NG8327, 28 & 29. Don Elliot took over in 1984 and there was another batch of Edmondson Porter Elfin NG's these we produced between 84-86 EP01 to EP12 and the first of the Crusaders were made in 1987. All those cars are as Elfin as any other car that was produced by the factory. There are Elfin NG copies but none of them should be called Elfins (ie Spectres).

Eventually the jigs and the tooling for the Elfin Crusaders was bought by Michael Borland those cars were known as Borland Sabres.

Regards,

Ian Lee

Edited by chequer57, 14 January 2010 - 10:38.

#371 AnnieOz

AnnieOz

• 67 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:31

Any one planning on entering Easter Historic Mallala - April 3 and 4?

#372 eldougo

eldougo

• 6,324 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 03:19

Thanks Doug.
Actually any photos at all of the car would be a great help. Especially the rear of the chassis. :wave:

I have been unable to talk to Graham he is building a house at Temora right along side the airport ,he is right into gliding now.I am still trying let you know any info ASAP.

#373 Jules13

Jules13

• 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 05:04

Hi All,

I thought it was time to introduce myself, my name is Julian Fordham, I'm the current owner of Elfin 500 #11.
I purchased the car near the end of last year, I just got my CoD. We have only done a few outings, a hillclimb and a regularity event, but are hoping to do a lot more this year.
Below is (hopefully) a photo of the car at Rob Roy Hillclimb last year.

Posted Image

Cheers

Jules

Edited by Jules13, 06 February 2010 - 05:10.

#374 chequer57

chequer57

• 267 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:10

Below is a letter from Edward Gavin of the HFVAA.

As you may be aware, the HSRCA is once again organising the TASMAN REVIVAL to be held on 26-28 November this year at Eastern Creek.

Since 2010 is the 45th anniversary of Formula Vee it is appropriate that Formula Vee be represented in the activities of the TASMAN and we have made overtures to the organising committee for a ‘stand alone’ race as part of the program.

As you would expect, there is significant demand for time on the program, but the initial response of the organising committee has been supportive while not yet conclusive. A determining factor will be the number of vees that we can get to the meeting.

Eastern Creek is a big track able to sustain a large grid density and the attraction for spectators of vees has always been close racing not a small number of cars spread over the track.

If we are able to guarantee a ‘full’ grid (30-35+) then the organising committee will be more inclined to include us as a feature, hence the point of this letter.

What we are seeking is preliminary advice from you concerning an entry in the TASMAN- even if you are a simply thinking about it at this stage.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide details about entry fees etc. at the moment, so your response will be very much a preliminary expression of interest, however, it will allow us to progress our discussions with the organising committee.

It should be pointed out that even if we don’t get a ‘stand alone’ race, we will still be included in the program in combination with another category, as per usual.

When you contact me could you please provide the following information: name; car (make/model/ year); COD number (if you are still working towards the COD, can you let me know what stage you are at)

To develop our preliminary data base it would be helpful if you could contact me personally as soon as possible through any of the following: edward_gavin@live.com.au or 21 Bardia Road, Carlingford NSW 2118 or 0409 794 033

I look forward to hearing from you

Yours sincerely,

Edward G Gavin

Edited by chequer57, 10 February 2010 - 04:17.

#375 Raido

Raido

• 72 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 22:19

Hello,

Since this might be of interest I'd like to mention to former Vee drivers and interested parties that there is a (freely available) Vintage Formula Vee simulation mod out there for regular pc's. It's been out since late last year and has had a good reception from drivers so far:

http://forums.autosp...howtopic=123940

http://www.nogriprac...hp?filenr=23475

It doesn't require an outlandish pc (even runs on a Mac if necessary), one only needs a $ 40ish simulator program called rFactor - and some download time to gather all the dozens of free driveable tracks available ;)

Note this one was made for the old - original - Formula Vees, so not the modern ones or later Super Vee variants.

Regards, R

#376 scotlandisland

scotlandisland

• 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:18

Hi All.
Just purchased a 1979 Rennmax Mark 11.
We intend to obtain the C of D then have it on the grid for the Tasman meet in November.
It was first raced in NSW by Roger Harris (when it was yellow I believe) then raced by Ricardo Martuccio in 1983 when it was blue and white.

Does anyone have knowledge of the car?

#377 Bowinracer

Bowinracer

• 51 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:29

Hi All.
Just purchased a 1979 Rennmax Mark 11.
We intend to obtain the C of D then have it on the grid for the Tasman meet in November.
It was first raced in NSW by Roger Harris (when it was yellow I believe) then raced by Ricardo Martuccio in 1983 when it was blue and white.

Does anyone have knowledge of the car?

Do you know the chassis number? i am just bein curious because i own one too.

#378 scotlandisland

scotlandisland

• 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:34

My understanding is that Rennmax Mk 2 chassis numbers don't exist.

#379 Bowinracer

Bowinracer

• 51 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:40

I believe they are just kinda made up by bob brittan going off who owned them first and when he sold it to them
not sure. technically mine i believe is number 0

Advertisement

#380 scotlandisland

scotlandisland

• 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:49

Ours is a fairly late model - sometimes referred to as a 2a. No ears but winglets.

#381 Bowinracer

Bowinracer

• 51 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:59

Ours is a fairly late model - sometimes referred to as a 2a. No ears but winglets.

mine too. has later body i think

#382 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 54,285 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:33

I'll say it's late...

From memory, the Rennmax Mk 2 came in about 1974. I'm surprised that one might have been built as late as '79.

#383 scotlandisland

scotlandisland

• 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:54

Well first raced in '79 might have been built a bit before that. I've pictures of it in '83 but nothing before though I have spoken to a couple of people who raced against Roger Harris hence the suggestion it was then a yellow.

#384 cuffybert

cuffybert

• 15 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:19

It should be in the CAMS Log Book, mine is chassis no.8, first owner David Leikvold from NSW. The car is now in QLD. Regards Paul Cuthbert

#385 Jacer

Jacer

• 209 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 22:13

There was a two car Molybond team involving Peter Radtke and Roger Harris, both cars were yellow, black wheels. I knew Riccardo pretty well and thought it was around number 15 in the logbook which was a bit of a suprise as I didn't think there were that many about. I haven't seen the car since Neil first bought it but it was probably the straightest mk2 around. If you look at the casting on the heads just underneath where the inlet manifold bolts on it should have W.E. stamped on. If they are still there it's got a good set of yankie heads on it also.
DC

#386 scotlandisland

scotlandisland

• 9 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:39

Thanks for the info DC. Don't suppose you might have any pics of the era or race programmes from that period? We would love to get some copies.

Yes it is an amazing time capsule and will hopefully be looking beautiful and ready to go quickly when presented for C of D.

#387 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 54,285 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:02

I'd say there was no more than six or seven Mk 2s...

I could be wrong, but now way would I believe over ten.

#388 Wirra

Wirra

• 916 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:14

I might have some photos, I repeat, might.

However, like the Knights in search of the Holy Grail members here must answer three questions before you can cross the bridge, or in this case seek out the photos.

Name the cars, the owners and the drivers?
Posted Image

#389 brucemoxon

brucemoxon

• 613 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 20:13

However, like the Knights in search of the Holy Grail members here must answer three questions before you can cross the bridge, or in this case seek out the photos.

Posted Image

Well, that's your Elfin NG, Peter, but did you own it?

Is that the late Graham Benson in the Mk11 Rennmax? Or Mark Laverick?

As an aside, at Max's Grand Prix lunch yesterday - Paul McDonald, Greg McCombie, John Fab, Damon Beck, Paul Bernasconi, Ken Goodwin, Denis Riley, John Moxon - it was like a reunion!

I might have some photos too - I just have to get them back from John Fab.

Bruce Moxon

#390 Jacer

Jacer

• 209 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 20:26

Posted Image

Amaroo, top of hill, Mk2 Rennmax, Graham Benson?. NG not sure, is it you Wirra,?
I know the log book number was in the teens but as we dicussed with Bob his chassis numbering system may have been like my cylinder heads. I got up to around #71 or #72 and lost track and records so started at #100 for the next! Speaking to Chris Lewis one day we worked out that between us we had done enough cylinder heads for about 100 cars. I know Glenn Moulds was trying to do the Mk2 family tree a few years back and had only a few question marks. Glenn's got the ex Radtke, Greg Frazer car and has had since the early eighties.

#391 Wirra

Wirra

• 916 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 23:17

Cars - NG :up: Rennmax MkII :up:
Owners - NG=Wirra :up: Rennmax owner :down: (not sure but he may have been the previous owner of Benson car)
Drivers - :down: & :down:

Edited by Wirra, 28 March 2010 - 23:19.

#392 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 54,285 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 23:29

Some kind of invitation race?

Leo in your car, Peter?

#393 Greg McCombie

Greg McCombie

• 71 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 00:13

Some kind of invitation race?

Leo in your car, Peter?

I reckon you are right as usual Ray... the MKII looks like Quartley livery probably Garry's

#394 Greg McCombie

Greg McCombie

• 71 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 00:34

This is the photo I meant to show, sorry a bit new to this!!

Dick Bailey MKII Rennmax, Wayne Hall Standfast

#395 brucemoxon

brucemoxon

• 613 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:17

Posted Image

17 is Bruce Colbey and 19 Geoff Selby.

Bruce Moxon

#396 Bowinracer

Bowinracer

• 51 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:06

Amaroo, top of hill, Mk2 Rennmax, Graham Benson?. NG not sure, is it you Wirra,?
I know the log book number was in the teens but as we dicussed with Bob his chassis numbering system may have been like my cylinder heads. I got up to around #71 or #72 and lost track and records so started at #100 for the next! Speaking to Chris Lewis one day we worked out that between us we had done enough cylinder heads for about 100 cars. I know Glenn Moulds was trying to do the Mk2 family tree a few years back and had only a few question marks. Glenn's got the ex Radtke, Greg Frazer car and has had since the early eighties.

Is glenn on this forum or does anyone have his contact details?

#397 Jacer

Jacer

• 209 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:44

Graham's car I believe was Terry Quartly's beforehand so yeah livery could match. Gary Quartly (Terry's nephew) has that car back and for a few years now has been doing a resto on it back to Terry's day.
Wirra (Peter) NG= Peter Moore? He turned up here a few years back for a chat and said after he came back from his England adventure he got an NG off you. He still has the car tucked away minus a few things. Said he crashed it and put it aside, got married, bought house, had kid etc, etc but as is the curse of Vee's held onto the car rather than onsell it.
Glenn's number should be available through Ian Lee. Glenn is in South Australia at present and don't have his new address or number.

#398 brucemoxon

brucemoxon

• 613 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:45

Name, Glenn Moulds. Year Born, 1960. State, NSW. Occupation, Rennmax MkII. Email. Phone, 0418 609 320. Car Details, Race No: 42. Chassis: Rennmax MkII ...

Might not be up-to-date. Give it a go.

Living in Adelaide now, I believe. Still a top guy.

BM

#399 Wirra

Wirra

• 916 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:57

Graham's car I believe was Terry Quartly's beforehand so yeah livery could match. Gary Quartly (Terry's nephew) has that car back and for a few years now has been doing a resto on it back to Terry's day.
Wirra (Peter) NG= Peter Moore?

Yes, Terry was the Rennmax owner (his name is written on the side) when the photo was taken. You have pointed out a lack of clarity in my question - then or present owners (aka African or European swallow). I understand Peter Moore still has the NG and you advise Gary Quartly presently has the Rennmax.

Now just the drivers to go.

Some kind of invitation race?...

Correct, but Leo was not one of the drivers.

Advertisement

#400 scotlandisland

scotlandisland

• 9 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:53

A friend suggested Peter Houston in the Pedemont Removals NG Elfin.