Photo

Recommend a bike racing game.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 primer

primer

• 6,664 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 19:35

Some years ago, I played a bike racing game which had WSB bikes. I forget the name of that game.

While the game itself was average, what I really liked were the sounds of the various bikes. Glorious!! :love: Racing around Monza felt special just because of those orgasm inducing sounds.

I feel the need to experience those sounds again :D. I am sure that bike games have progressed over the last 4-5 years. Can anyone recommend me the latest-greatest one based around World Superbikes or motoGP? Anyone race bikes on their PC?

Advertisement

#2 conkeso

conkeso

• 334 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 23:10

Originally posted by primer
I am sure that bike games have progressed over the last 4-5 years.

That's not the case :cry:

People are still playing GP500 with updated bikesets and the old EA Superbikes games.

New MotoGP games are way to arcade and the AI is pretty bad.

#3 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:35

Originally posted by primer
Some years ago, I played a bike racing game which had WSB bikes. I forget the name of that game.

Was that EA Sports Superbike 2000 or something? Ridiculously difficult game (imo because of it's realism) I couldn't complete a lap without falling off. But now I can watch MotoGP and the like and kind of understand what they're doing because I see all the minor movements they make and how the bike responds, and I've never ridden an actual motorcycle.

#4 Jerome

Jerome

• 2,088 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 16:56

MotoGp 07 was excellent... but very, very, very hard! The bad thing is, when you haven't played it for a while, and you try again... you stink again!

Excellent graphics, excellent realistic handling, but you need A LOT of patience to master it.

#5 TF106

TF106

• 114 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:40

try Superbike 2008

full off simulation game

#6 primer

primer

• 6,664 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:41

Thanks Jerome and TF106, I'll check out those games. :up:

conkeso: yeah it seems not many motorcycle "track racing" games are made. It was difficult to tell which were arcade style time wasters and which were more serious.

Stonefeld: Uh, I am not sure. I remember that game having different controls for leaning and turning. Another thing, sometimes you could cut chicanes or gravel traps at full throttle :smoking: 50-50 chance of crashing or setting a new lap record!

#7 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:10

That sounds a lot like GP500, which was a lot of fun.

#8 TF106

TF106

• 114 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 15:05

sbk 2008, front brake and rear brake use deferent button.

#9 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 11,192 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 16:20

Road Rash - mother of all moped games!

Can find as abandoware from net. :D