BATracer Update

• Please log in to reply
506 replies to this topic

#1 morganeryl

morganeryl

• 36 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 23:47

BATracer Link

Some of you may, others may not have heard of BATracer, the browser based racing game where you take control of a driver, complete set-up, devise strategies, and watch the races unfold, in competition against other online players. The features are listed by the site as such:

Features:
# Play as a driver competing to win the drivers championship
# Work with your team mate to secure the constructors championship
# Various carsets and race series, race in several series at once
# Paint your car and helmet!
# Setup your car for optimum speed
# select driving style and race strategy
# Changing weather conditions
# Different car, tyre and engine attribuites
# Safety cars
# Practice, qualifying and race
# Complete breakdown of the race results including commentary
# Circuit maps showing car positions at race end
# Graphs
# Championship analysis between teams, drivers and team mates
# Lap by lap track map replay
# FREE TO PLAY!

I post this today, due to the fact that 3 new 'carsets' have been released today, in the form of F1 97, 99 & 05. These carsets along with the others already in use make up an impressive list of championships all over the world. With many more, such as GP2, Moto GP, DTM, F1 1967 & NASCAR ready for completion soon.

Carsets avaivable to play:
# F1 2005
# F1 1999
# F1 1997
# F1 2008
# MR2 World Series
# F1 2007
# Le Mans Endurance Series
# F1 1986
# V8 Supercars
# A1 Grand Prix
# Champ Car (CART)
# F1 2006
# BTCC
# Kit Cars
# F1 2002

Advertisement

#2 Ali_G

Ali_G

• 32,872 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 10:29

Am after getting a bit of a taste for this game and wouldn't mind an AtlasF1 Champ.

#3 panzani

panzani

• 18,732 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 14:13

There is a clan, Atlasholics, for the AtlasF1 players there. Makarias is the clan leader.;)

#4 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 35,982 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 14:36

I don't do Clans, I can never manage to get my bum in a front running car, so struggle in the wins department. Great fun though, and have just today won the 3rd race on the trot racing a Ligier in 1986, unfortunately I have 6 DNF's in the season, so with 1 race to go can't win this time either.

The Le Mans series is the most fun, I won a private of those once, and won Le Mans the race in a GT Corvette :-)

Fully loaded in public games right now, so will have to wait a couple of days to try the new car sets.

Is great fun.

:cool:

#5 Ali_G

Ali_G

• 32,872 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 15:41

In 2nd place myself in F1 public series. Only 2 podiums away from unlocking pro licence.

#6 Makarias

Makarias

• 12,603 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 14:12

We're trying to fill up an F1 '99 grid! Anyone who is clean and sane is welcome!

Players will need to be registered and logged in before they can enter the private game. When logged in, clicking the following URL will take you to the join game page:

http://batracer.com/-cj?&D&32734

Alternatively, you can select "private games" from the menu and enter the number "32734" into the box. The game password is "fiona". Take care not to accidentally join a public game by mistake.

#7 Makarias

Makarias

• 12,603 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 14:15

Oh and if someone here likes to join our clan, feel free to PM me and I'll send you an invitation. We don't really do anything special with it, but at least we're not evil.

#8 benn5325

benn5325

• 1,677 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 17:40

I'm in...

#9 Breadmaster

Breadmaster

• 2,512 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:47

I have a spare private slot free while I'm waitinf for the next round of WCoN so i'll head over and check it out!

Ted

#10 Breadmaster

Breadmaster

• 2,512 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:18

i'm in!

#11 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 35,982 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 11:36

I am in as well.

Plenty of seats left.

#12 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 18:00

Help, I have advertised on BatForums and so far only 1 join, please advertise in games you are busy with and blackmail/bribe friends and family.

#13 Breadmaster

Breadmaster

• 2,512 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 19:00

no worries mate....

#14 Paolo

Paolo

• 1,677 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:29

A story which is nice to tell and instructive.

Just lost a Le Mans 24hr which would have saved a disaster season.

It was a nightmare for both me and my teammate (female coworker) but slightly better for me.

I asked her to gamesit me for a couple of days and she complied. My races in that weekend were all wrong but hey, it happens.

Then I see the tyres settings. Wets and intermediateds inverted, and so on...

For tranquillity sake, I put back the sliders where they were and say nothing.

Now I was winning the Le Mans, never happened to me....
It starts raining and ... surprise....

Wet Tyres unchecked. I apparently had not noticed this last "gift".
Squandered a 40 sec lead and ended last.

I will not fight with her: she is now jobless (end of contract) and depressed, and people do strange things under pressure...

Sure it was her last time as my teammate anyway....

#15 panzani

panzani

• 18,732 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 00:34

Paolo, you have to trust 100% anynoe you'll let take care of your account, and specifically say what could and what shouldn't be changed regarding the settings. Perhaps being in a clan, and trusting some clan member, is the way.;)

Until now there's just one person I've allowed to sit accounting for me, and I've had no problems at all. I've done it twice as well, and just followed what the guys allowed me to do. Of course if weather changes more stuff should be done, otherwise just do the runs, save/copy setups, and take a safe strategy withouth touching any of the driver's style sliders or tyres or whatever, imHHHo.;)

#16 Nasty McBastard

Nasty McBastard

• 5,977 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 21:27

Seems to have been an arseload of changes or updates or whatever since i last played. Might give it another shot.

Anything vital i should know thats different?

#17 Breadmaster

Breadmaster

• 2,512 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:34

Many many changes since the good old days!;)

F1'05 and F1'08 have special qualifying

loads of new carsets....

clans, WR is back...

loads of others...

best of all (and i've yet to try it) the champcar v2.0 has the Indy 500!

#18 Paolo

Paolo

• 1,677 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 15:02

It has become much harder: almost no more competitors dropping out of a game, and all of them in Pro division are quite experienced...

Panzani, about my teammate, she's in my clan and she used to be trusty... she used to.

#19 Breadmaster

Breadmaster

• 2,512 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 16:24

It certainly isn't as easy as it used to be....but then I only drive backmarkers these days! :p

Advertisement

#20 Ali_G

Ali_G

• 32,872 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 18:57

Guys I don't have Kool tools, and in another game I'm playing, my team mate i useless. Doesn't turn up half the time and when he does, he sometimes doesn't bother to post data.

What should I do ?

#21 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 35,982 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 20:51

Originally posted by Ali_G
Guys I don't have Kool tools, and in another game I'm playing, my team mate i useless. Doesn't turn up half the time and when he does, he sometimes doesn't bother to post data.

What should I do ?

Tough it out, do as good as you can by yourself, buy Kool tools, and copy his settings anyway.

I know that there is a system where you can fire a team mate, just do not see Batracer being important enough to get to that point. I post all my settings, I run as soon as I can, and most of my team mates have done likewise.

If the occasional jerk is a team mate, I tough it out.

#22 Nasty McBastard

Nasty McBastard

• 5,977 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 22:54

Reduced dropouts cant be a bad thing, al though to be fair, I dont remember ever having a teammate just bail on me mid season.

Anyway. it, I lashed out and got KT, just waiting for some championships to fill up.

#23 Nasty McBastard

Nasty McBastard

• 5,977 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 23:29

if youre 100% on dry, and the race is say 'wet and slippery', i generally look at the list of track conditions, see 'wet and slippery' is about half way, and convert 50% (or 25 on the slider numbers) to wet. But....... Im always miles off on the best setup. Like 40% or something.

So, 2 questions.

If a race starts wet and slippery, and end up monsoon, is the 'best setup' worked off the starting conditions, or the end conditions. Obviously if i set up for wet, but it ends up monsoon, ill be off on ideal setup, but thats just luck.

But ive had races where its stayed the same throughout, and im still off. Is the list of track conditions 'linear'? Storm would be 100% conversion to wet, greasy would be about 5%, with wet and slippery around 50%? Or is it more random?

#24 Breadmaster

Breadmaster

• 2,512 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 23:42

Since the recent updates it seems better to go for a setup that matches the starting conditions, same conditions throughout seems to come up more often these days....mind you sometimes the Random Number God does let fly and screw everyone over...the trick is to have the correct tyre change settings and be on the right tyre even if your setup is off..... :up:

#25 Nasty McBastard

Nasty McBastard

• 5,977 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:48

ahh, the old 'wrong tyre' setting. god i hate it. Its a fine line between being trigger happy and potentially making a few unneeded stops, or staying out too long.

Thanks for the info though, Ill work off the initial conditions when converting setups.

#26 Breadmaster

Breadmaster

• 2,512 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:32

no problems!

I may was well announce it here as well: I'm planning my Ted's New Year Extravaganza already.... This Year the highlights include: AtlasF1 vs Clan Ireland! "eagle-action" eyes! Motorracing! Batracing! same Bat time, same Bat channel.

We'll kick off this epic private game on or around the 1st of Jan as everyones first new game of the year.... get you back into the Batracing ways after the withdrawl over Christmas!;)

Any suggestions for format are keenly welcomed!

Clan vs Clan
Mayhem!
Red Flag Chaos!
Good old normal racing

Which Carset???

cheers guys,

Ted

#27 panzani

panzani

• 18,732 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 19:51

Ted, whatever you do I am in!;)

And I hope my Guinness helmet doesn't play the Ireland side if it becomes a clanxclan fight -- Atlasholics will nedd many Ronins to fulfill a grid, but that's what is written in my signature, anyways...;)

#28 Breadmaster

Breadmaster

• 2,512 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 17:06

Hello folks - Ted's New Year extravaganza is coming closer....rollup rollup!

#29 Mr_London

Mr_London

• 902 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 19:35

Ted im in!

#30 Breadmaster

Breadmaster

• 2,512 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 01:02

cool! more details when I create the game....

#31 Makarias

Makarias

• 12,603 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 13:22

I'm hoping for some weirdo concept, Ted!

#32 panzani

panzani

• 18,732 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 21:20

Ted, if you start it on New Year's Eve or New Years Day please allow us some time before you spread it in bat's BB -- Atlasholic is a small clan, we'll need some time to deal with it -- unless it is not a clan battle, of course...;)

#33 Breadmaster

Breadmaster

• 2,512 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:40

Don't worry - I'm rousing the troops first and starting the game at the weekend probably....

#34 Breadmaster

Breadmaster

• 2,512 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:41

My call to arms:

Hello mate,

I'm planning a private game for the new year and I'd like to cordially invite you to join me!
This will be a meeting of the mighty AtlasF1 players, Team Ireland and a few other random folks.
The game will be Indycar 2008 (as it's still new)
send me a PM if you're interested as i'll be creating the game tonight...

thanks!

Ted

#35 Breadmaster

Breadmaster

• 2,512 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 19:46

roll up roll up!

Players will need to be registered and logged in before they can enter the private game. When logged in, clicking the following URL will take you to the join game page:

http://batracer.com/-cj?&D&35789

Alternatively, you can select "private games" from the menu and enter the number "35789" into the box. The game password is "forzagilles". Take care not to accidentally join a public game by mistake.

#36 panzani

panzani

• 18,732 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:40

I am in...;)

But perhaps you should PM here in Atlas some of the posters in this thread. It worked out last time we had an Atlas private. :D

#37 Breadmaster

Breadmaster

• 2,512 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:42

will do - after breakfast though ;)

#38 Breadmaster

Breadmaster

• 2,512 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 21:25

Any more for any more?

http://batracer.com/-cj?&D&35789

Alternatively, you can select "private games" from the menu and enter the number "35789" into the box. The game password is "forzagilles". Take care not to accidentally join a public game by mistake.

#39 Nasty McBastard

Nasty McBastard

• 5,977 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:08

bugger it. I just started up my last private game last night and everything else is mid season. I hadnt checked here for a while.

Advertisement

#40 Breadmaster

Breadmaster

• 2,512 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:48

Damn.

Maybe next time then eh?

:wave:

#41 panzani

panzani

• 18,732 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 13:24

Originally posted by Nasty McBastard
bugger it. I just started up my last private game last night and everything else is mid season. I hadnt checked here for a while.

Keep an eye there, Nasty. A sacking has just been started so a mid-season seat is very possible.;)

#42 Breadmaster

Breadmaster

• 2,512 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 14:41

indeed - if you have a mid-season slot left that is!

ps: who the **** is that Dylan bloke anyway?

#43 panzani

panzani

• 18,732 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 17:55

No idea, Ted.

#44 Breadmaster

Breadmaster

• 2,512 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 18:13

well he's not in Team Ireland and not one of my invites so I guess he's a lurker here....how odd!

#45 panzani

panzani

• 18,732 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 17:06

Talking about Team Ireland -- and you know both my nick and my helmet have Guinness on them -- you are being spanked by Atlasholics, don't you?;)

just to spice things a little ;)

#46 Breadmaster

Breadmaster

• 2,512 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 18:44

.....and there's you winning everything! :eek:

#47 Zippel

Zippel

• 1,145 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:07

Its an interesting little game... :cool:

#48 Chicken McNuggets

Chicken McNuggets

• 828 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:06

Yes... yes... yes... yes yes yes yesyesyeeeeesssssss! That... was a pole.

Blimey! I think I should explain. I've just entered an Academy-level F1 2008 game (one of the first ones available when you first join the site) and, aboard a McLaren mind you, immediately scored pole in Melbourne. :D The closest McLaren/Ferrari is a Ferrari down in eighth. It looks like, across the three qualifying sessions, they all hit trouble (including the searingly fast team mate who peeled off in Q3 with a mechanical problem, will start 10th and who was the one who provided me with his set-up so as to help make me so competitive in the first place... whaddaya mean, I didn't mention that before?!). It'll be interesting to see how the race develops.

That'll be goodbye to LMA Manager, then...

#49 Breadmaster

Breadmaster

• 2,512 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:17

Originally posted by Zippel
Its an interesting little game... :cool:

Zippel, who are you in game? - i don't recognise your nick.

Ted

#50 Zippel

Zippel

• 1,145 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 00:01

Originally posted by Breadmaster

Zippel, who are you in game? - i don't recognise your nick.

Ted

I'm reasonably well know in those parts with a different name. You added me to your facebook on the 17th Jan and once said my 'style is win or crash trying'.;)

Not playing the game currently though.