1624 replies to this topic

#901 red stick

red stick

• 2,291 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 00:42

Originally posted by whitewaterMkII

Kinda weird.
This thread I guess is a catch all.
There is umpteen F1 posts on this board covering everything from Flavio's latest STD or Max's latest spanking, but everything indy is wrapped up in one simple bundle on this thread.

Well, since we can't kick each other off the island, I guess we'll just have to soldier on.

Aportinga, upon further review, suggesting that you are, in fact, a vomiting clown was very intemperate of me, and contrary to my upbringing. I apologize.

Buford, I am not a lemming. But since we can't stop you, or even hope to contain you, carry on. Every community needs a lovable cuss, even, evidently, the virtual ones.

Keir, I really don't know what to say.

Buford and McGuire, if you can't be both entertaining AND insulting, the word is IM. There's no reason we have to be as boring as the NASCAR thread (cough, "The Waltons"), but the digital fistfight is, well, cliche.

Or, island that this evidently is, shall we go back to "The Lord of the Flies"?

Advertisement

#902 red stick

red stick

• 2,291 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 00:54

Originally posted by Keir
I must however respond to an earlier attack.

Ah, Keir, now I remember. Terrorists attack. Armies attack. My cat, in mid pounce, is on the attack.

We just disagree.

#903 red stick

red stick

• 2,291 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 00:59

Originally posted by Buford
. . . we were discussing who is a worse Indy car driver Milk and Donuts or the bitch queen before . . .

Actually that started as a discussion about Mike Conway. Anybody seen him in action? What are we in for?

#904 McGuire

McGuire

• 9,218 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:17

Oh big man... big man., The last resort of the intellectually defeated - threaten violence lol.

No, I am simply asking why you carry yourself like such a jerk, with all the pronfanities and name-calling etc. I find that behavior very insecure for a grown man. It's not just myself; I don't think any adult would put up with that for very long face-to-face. Now, I doubt if you behave that way in person or you would spend all your time in emergency rooms or sitting alone somewhere. So why do you behave that way here? Just asking.

#905 Buford

Buford

• 11,173 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:59

Because I have no respect for history rewriting con men like you trying to spread your lies and history revisionism to people who are too young to know any better. It didn't work for 13 years you know. You and your fellow con men told us we weren't needed. Us wine and cheese elitists were not needed in this sport and everything was gonna be wonderful with the Lord of the Lucky Sperm in charge. Of course I was as Midwest short track roots as any of you but that didn't matter. You had all the answers. You clowns ran off millions of fans and now you come on these forums and try to blame anybody and everybody else for your own stupidity, and that of your failed dimwit hero. I won't let you get away with it. Care to threaten violence again you pathetic loser?

#906 whitewaterMkII

whitewaterMkII

• 5,351 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:05

Originally posted by McGuire

It's not just myself; I don't think any adult would put up with that for very long face-to-face. Now, I doubt if you behave that way in person or you would spend all your time in emergency rooms or sitting alone somewhere.

Oddly enough, Buford is great guy to hang with. I say that because I have hung out with him on more than one occasion. When it comes to indy though, he doesn't suffer fools, or irl apologists, gladly. Perhaps that stems from his years, even decades, spent there and has been upclose and personal when it comes to it's current state of affairs.
And should you chance to meet with him, ask about his collection of indy and midwest racing related scrapbooks, I pored over them for hours and barely scratched the surface. Not to mention his vast NSFW collection from the days of the snakepit. :up:

#907 Buford

Buford

• 11,173 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:14

Thanks - actually I don't have them anymore. The family's 40 year racing photo collection now resides at the International Motorsports Research Center in Watkins Glen, New York. Still got the Snakepit photos and videos though lol. If McGuire was any kind of an insider he would have copies. Ask Robin Miller or Curt Cavin about the Snakepit Videos lol. The real insiders have copies.

#908 red stick

red stick

• 2,291 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:15

. . . the International Motor Racing Research Center in Watkins Glen, New York . . .

Cue the choir on the soundtrack.

A wonderful place.

A true shrine.

#909 aportinga

aportinga

• 7,796 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:58

Originally posted by ajcrean

There was another thread started about Duno signing with N/H/L which the Mods merged into this one.

It's like the cold war - "containment"... Keep all the garbage in one place :lol:

#910 aportinga

aportinga

• 7,796 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:01

Originally posted by red stick

To recap, a page or so ago, Aportinga and McGuire agreed on something related to the split. This clearly being a sign of the apocalypse, calmer minds intervened to rescue us all from calamity.

We should probably thank them.

He's mental - righth when you reach common ground he goes off and claims he's the most objective... I swear he's intentionally trying to get me feel as though I am losing my head.

#911 McGuire

McGuire

• 9,218 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:46

Because I have no respect for history rewriting con men like you trying to spread your lies and history revisionism to people who are too young to know any better. It didn't work for 13 years you know. You and your fellow con men told us we weren't needed. Us wine and cheese elitists were not needed in this sport and everything was gonna be wonderful with the Lord of the Lucky Sperm in charge. Of course I was as Midwest short track roots as any of you but that didn't matter. You had all the answers. You clowns ran off millions of fans and now you come on these forums and try to blame anybody and everybody else for your own stupidity, and that of your failed dimwit hero. I won't let you get away with it. Care to threaten violence again you pathetic loser?

Sure, why not. Want my address?

#912 John Morrison

John Morrison

• 41 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:21

Gee Bitter-ford ironic how you call someone a loser when you are the biggest one with your continual rants. Did you forgot to take your pills bitter old man?

#913 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 57,696 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:32

Buford is a wine and cheese elitist? eh?

#914 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,572 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:56

More like whine & cheese I'd say. ;)

#915 red stick

red stick

• 2,291 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:05

Originally posted by aportinga
He's mental - righth when you reach common ground he goes off and claims he's the most objective... I swear he's intentionally trying to get me feel as though I am losing my head.

I think Slyder called it; it's a plot to provoke Buford.
Mission accomplished. :D

#916 wewantourdarbyback

wewantourdarbyback

• 6,358 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 17:47

Actually that started as a discussion about Mike Conway. Anybody seen him in action? What are we in for?

Nice try

#917 shaggy

shaggy

• 1,661 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 18:10

No, I am simply asking why you carry yourself like such a jerk, with all the pronfanities and name-calling etc. I find that behavior very insecure for a grown man. It's not just myself; I don't think any adult would put up with that for very long face-to-face. Now, I doubt if you behave that way in person or you would spend all your time in emergency rooms or sitting alone somewhere. So why do you behave that way here? Just asking.

But .... you are the one who is constantly questioning the intelligence of anyone who disagrees with you :confused:
Some call others rude names. Some rudely question other's intelligence. Same difference.

IRL apologists are constantly claiming to take the high road while, at the same time, they smear anyone who crosses in their path. You may not sit anywhere alone, but I'd hate to meet the company you keep.

I find your behavior as ridiculous as that of those who question the holocaust. You bend over backwards in order to protect or justify TG. Why are you doing that ???????????????

The IRL is a failure. TG is responsible for OW's demise in the US. Why can't some of you admit the obvious ? The sponsors and millions of fans did so years ago. Even ABC had no other choice but to throw the flag and admit defeat, last year.

#918 Keir

Keir

• 5,226 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 19:23

Shaggy,

Bad dog, baaaad, dog !!

The holocaust ??? Holy Mother of no common sense !!!!

I actually have a life, so I really can't spend the time to disect each and every McGuire post. but .....

Tony George, jerk or not, evil satan or not, lone gunman of OW or not, is still the only guy doing ANYTHING!
That's not an apology, that's a fact. That's not being a fanboy for Tony and IMS, it's just telling it like it is.

Ratings are down, attendance is down, the economy is down. You can't really argue effectivly about those things without all the facts. They are what they are - inaccurate without any cause or effect.

You could make a much more plausable arguement that Penske, Pat Patrick and the "CART rich boys club" screwed OW. And 500 posts later, no resolution.

BTW, The IRL has a full schedule of events for the 2009 season. What do you have ??

#919 whitewaterMkII

whitewaterMkII

• 5,351 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 20:40

The IRL has a full schedule of events for the 2009 season. What do you have ??

NASCAR

Thanks TG!
And if it were not for NASCAR, it's doubtful that the irl would be around, the Brickyard is no doubt responsible for a large part of TG financing TG's folly.

As someone said far above, it won't be long before indy is a NASCAR race at the rate of cash burn the irl is acheiving.

BTW, tying in ratings and attendance decline with the economical decline is typical lemming debating skills.
Nevermind that at the same time the economy was booming, the indy was in decline at all times.
Cute.
Try that on a 12 year old, it might work, try on this board and you look a fool.

Advertisement

#920 Buford

Buford

• 11,173 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 20:48

BTW, tying in ratings and attendance decline with the economical decline is typical lemming debating skills.

So is threatening to beat up anybody capable of exposing their blather for the total bullshit it is. Lemming apologists are not exactly Rhodes Scholars - they take after their hero - burnouts.

And if it were not for NASCAR, it's doubtful that the irl would be around, the Brickyard is no doubt responsible for a large part of TG financing TG's folly.

"As for TG, he probably spent over $500 million keeping the IRL going and he once complained to an owner he'd spent 90 million in purses alone. Pep Boys and Northern Lights? They bombed out, remember? The Brickyard 400 certainly helped keep the IRL going, that's my best explanation."
Robin Miller

http://auto-racing.s...bruary-4th//P3/

#921 ajcrean

ajcrean

• 262 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 21:27

"As for TG, he probably spent over $500 million keeping the IRL going...

Bloody hell! That's staggering! Doesn't he share the family fortune with a number of siblings? How the hell does he convince them that the spend is worthwhile?

#922 Keir

Keir

• 5,226 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 22:13

Oh Blackwater keep on rollin' !!

Where o where did I tie anything in with anything else ??

Those three things, all being in the same sentence, mutually exclusive of one another as all three can't be plausibly linked to a single source.

Lemmings ?? I think, not !!

..... and really, refering to TG as anyone's hero !!! Show me one post where he is portrayed as such.
He is the only guy doing anything, but that does not make him heroic. It does make his critics look foolish when they have to contrive titles to support their arguements.

And again, if you are right, then get your collective wallets out and get in the game.

Pissing and moaning about how the big dog calls the shots is a waste of time and effort.

If TG is the big jerk you claim he is, he shouldn't be that hard to take down.

#923 ensign14

ensign14

• 37,654 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 23:18

If TG is the big jerk you claim he is, he shouldn't be that hard to take down.

The difference is that the chaps behind CART earned their money. TG had it given to him on a plate. Let's see TG run a Championship without a nine-figure family fortune behind him.

#924 whitewaterMkII

whitewaterMkII

• 5,351 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 23:24

Originally posted by ensign14

The difference is that the chaps behind CART earned their money. TG had it given to him on a plate. Let's see TG run a Championship without a nine-figure family fortune behind him.

Through this whole string of Keir ramblings, his schtick is if you don't have the money to run your series you shouldn't even post, or have an opinion..
If FTG didn't inherit ims, he'd be lucky to hold down a job as a burger flipper.

#925 red stick

red stick

• 2,291 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 00:02

Originally posted by wewantourdarbyback
Nice try

Thanks for noticing. :rolleyes:

#926 Dmitriy_Guller

Dmitriy_Guller

• 4,103 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:12

Wow, IRL hasn't run a race yet, and we're already up to page 24.

#927 HaydenFan

HaydenFan

• 2,105 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:13

Originally posted by Dmitriy_Guller
Wow, IRL hasn't run a race yet, and we're already up to page 24.

Most of it is bickering and such. The occasional troll.

#928 McGuire

McGuire

• 9,218 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:19

So is threatening to beat up anybody capable of exposing their blather for the total bullshit it is. Lemming apologists are not exactly Rhodes Scholars - they take after their hero - burnouts.

Nobody is threatening to beat you up, sweetie. I just want to know why you express yourself here in a manner that would surely earn you a Class A ass whipping if you tried it with people face-to-face. I am genuinely curious. Do you feel like no one will pay attention to you otherwise? :D

#929 sblick

sblick

• 490 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:22

I am hoping Duno runs down Danica this year as in for race position not a crash like last year. It is to bad Legge isn't in this competition too.

#930 Buford

Buford

• 11,173 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:47

Nobody is threatening to beat you up, sweetie. I just want to know why you express yourself here in a manner that would surely earn you a Class A ass whipping if you tried it with people face-to-face. I am genuinely curious. Do you feel like no one will pay attention to you otherwise? :D

Only with lying ******* lowlifes like you with an agenda to distort history and the truth. With others I am positively delightful. :rotfl:

http://forums.autosp...ighlight=buford

As stated in 2003

Post 4

No I don't want to post here. Everybody knows what they are talking about here and I cannot crush or ridicule know nothing infidels here and send them off crying to the administrators. No fun at all...

Post 12

No - I want to crush infidels. No fun being superior unless you can lord it over peons and serfs.

Post 16

Yes there is too much agreement on this forum. Too many knowledgeable people. Too much factual historical content. Not nearly enough turmoil, strife, revoluntionary rhetoric, and most of all, not anywhere near enough dead burnt babies.

Post 51

quote:Originally posted by condor

Buford You're not turning into Mr bitter and twisted again are you?

I stopped?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you feel like no one will pay attention to you otherwise?

Nah I do forums like TNF due to my lifelong love of racing and to try to contribute to racing historical knowledge if I can. I do forums like this one just to irritate history distorting morons like you.

#931 Slyder

Slyder

• 5,453 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:57

Originally posted by John Morrison
Gee Bitter-ford ironic how you call someone a loser when you are the biggest one with your continual rants. Did you forgot to take your pills bitter old man?

Care to show us your personal CV, and maybe then we'll take you seriously...

#932 red stick

red stick

• 2,291 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:56

You've got to figure, based on the experience of the rise and fall of AGR, that Franchitti will be more helpful setting up cars at TGCR than Wheldon was, not that Dixon seemed to need the help last year. But it seems to me the early line has got to be among those three: Briscoe, Dixon, Franchitti.

Just for the sake of discussion:

1) Castroneves will either not race or face massive distractions.

2) Wheldon will not win another race.

3) Neither will Danica, unless she relearns something about road courses racing A1GP.

4) Vitor will.

This is from page one, November 17, 2008. Over 900 posts ago. FWIW, the NASCAR 2009 started the afternoon of the same day and now, with the NASCAR season opening, is closing on 370 posts. Evidently we can, and left to our own devices will, spend over 500 posts continuing the same endless and circular argument, presenting no new information, offering no fresh perspectives, displaying minimal wit, and changing not a single mind.

500 posts. Do we really enjoy hearing ourselves talk THAT much?

And before I'm referred to as an IRL-loving, Tony George ass-kissing, non-objective observer of the OW scene, let me make a few things clear that I haven't bothered to discuss here or anywhere else in this forum. I don't care for the man. I started young as a Mark Donohue fan. My idol growing up was Rick Mears. A lifelong Champ Car fan, and specifically a Penske Racing fan, in 1996, I, as a fan, sided with CART. I ignored every Indy 500 from 1996-1999. I didn't watch IRL races. To this day, I don't "get" jokes about Racin' Gardner--I never saw the man race. Nor the racing dentist, whatever his name was. Nor Tony Stewart, until he went to NASCAR. Luyendyk had a "fight" with AJ? Wouldn't have seen that if it wasn't on Sportscenter. Spent my own meager disposable income (public servant with substantial debt from student loans) to see CART races in Houston in 1998 and 1999.

When Ganassi went to Indy in 2000, I watched the race and cheered for Montoya. When Penske, Ganassi, etc., left CART for the IRL, I followed my heroes, but didn't hate CART. Like many fans at that point, I just wanted the split to end. I was thrilled when the IRL added road courses. Went to Watkins Glen in 2005 when IndyCar returned, but swore I'd have nothing to do with attending an actual Indy 500, a race I've never seen live, until ALL the drivers were there. In fact, the last race I attended live was the 2007 CCWS event at Road America. Wait, you ask, not the 2008 Indy 500? Why not the first post-merger 500? Fatigue, I suppose. I only get so much vacation a year, and I decided early on last year I'd rather spend it, and my hard-earned cash, looking at Scarabs and Formula 5000 cars at Road America's summer vintage event. But I'm not going to stop following IndyCar. Unlike F1, which increasingly, I can take or leave, this is a lifelong passion I'm going to hold onto until it dies or I do.

IndyCar as presently constituted is hardly what is was when I fell for the sport. But, as a buddy put it, those days are gone, we have what we have, and for now, that's better than nothing. It's something to build on. And maybe in a few years I'll actually feel like buying tickets to an Indy 500.

Thirteen years is a long time for a civil war. I'd prefer to get on with Reconstruction.

I propose that, until the beginning of the season, absent some rule change or other intervention in the sport by Tony George and his minions, we declare a moratorium on the twin subjects of Tony George and the cause of The Split. Once the pace car rolls, all is fair game. My hope is we'll have better things to discuss at that time.

So, for the sake of discussion:

1) Castroneves appears to be going to trial. How long before Power gets acclimated at Penske?

2) Are Briscoe, Dixon, and Franchitti still the favorites?

3) Who else believes that Dan Wheldon will not win another race?

4) Danica declined to race in A1GP and presumably, did not improve her road racing skills. Her next shot at Victory Lane?

5) Can Vitor lead Foyt back to glory?

6) Fisher discovered last year that sponsorship agreements and checks are decidedly different things. Who will relearn the lesson first this year?

7) With Newman's death, Haas's advancing age, and two pay drivers (apparently, no confirmation yet) on the team, what are the prospects for N/H/L Racing?

8) In which race will AGR FIRST (it will happen more than once) favor Marco over a teammate and Kanaan will regret not taking Chip's offer when he had the chance? My guess is, as last year, Indy.

9) With Franchitti and Dixon cooperatively setting up cars, can TCGR be stopped? Even contained?

10) Where will Mike Conway finish in the points?

Who's with me?

#933 whitewaterMkII

whitewaterMkII

• 5,351 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:31

I'm not going to stop following IndyCar. ]

Who's with me?

I'll bite, unfortunately I am one very bitter USOW fan.
I've attended every Long Beach Grand Prix ever held, until this year.
I will never put one thin dime into TG's pocket.
If I follow the irl, it will be for sheer laughs.

Right now, the comedy is Danica in my book.
I'll go out on a pretty stout limb and predict 0 wins for her this year, but still a bunch of hissy fits.

As for racing, seeing that over 90% of the races have been won by the Big Three over the last three years, and everyone runs the same thing, it will be a wonder if that changes at all.

#934 ColdHeart

ColdHeart

• 1,255 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:59

Yawn. We've heard all this crap from you before.

#935 red stick

red stick

• 2,291 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:27

I'll bite, unfortunately I am one very bitter USOW fan.
I've attended every Long Beach Grand Prix ever held, until this year.
I will never put one thin dime into TG's pocket.
If I follow the irl, it will be for sheer laughs.

Right now, the comedy is Danica in my book.
I'll go out on a pretty stout limb and predict 0 wins for her this year, but still a bunch of hissy fits.

As for racing, seeing that over 90% of the races have been won by the Big Three over the last three years, and everyone runs the same thing, it will be a wonder if that changes at all.

How could we not be bitter? The trick is to make the board something other than a less temperate, less dignified, less witty, less good-humored version of the average meeting of your local Sons of the Confederate Veterans chapter. They're in their second century of refighting the good fight, and going strong.

So, thanks for your support. :up:

I'll join your Danica prediction. Andretti calling her races does not seem a recipe for improvement. Now that Mutoh's seen all the tracks, I think he's the comer on that team.

And we should probably add:

11) Which team outside of Penske, TCGR, and AGR is most likely to break into Victory Lane? Where?

#936 red stick

red stick

• 2,291 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:30

Originally posted by ColdHeart
Yawn. We've heard all this crap from you before.

I deeply apologize if you find me tedious, particularly at this unusual length. There is a certain sameness to the posts here, isn't there? :rolleyes:

#937 B Squared

B Squared

• 3,228 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:42

Mark - I appreciate your gallant attempt. Having worked as a corner marshall and observer with CART for the better part of 13) years, it should be obvious where my loyalties were. At one time, for CART no longer exists. I can't change history. I follow IRL, but hardly a lemming. I was passionate about IndyCars then, now I watch.

1) Castroneves appears to be going to trial. How long before Power gets acclimated at Penske?

I would think that they are doing all they can to settle him in. With Briscoe's uneasy first steps in the IndyCar team just last year and Power's similar type of unforced error in Australia, modelling Briscoe's accomplishments and growth will be a clear goal.

I think so. I want to see Dario's first few races back to see how consistent he will be. I'm still not convinced he really wants to be back in an IndyCar.

3) Who else believes that Dan Wheldon will not win another race?

I think Panther could strategically put Wheldon in a position to win. Meira's second at Indy last year with Panther and Wheldon's usual speed at Indy could see them as a "dark horse".

4) Danica declined to race in A1GP and presumably, did not improve her road racing skills. Her next shot at Victory Lane?

She does do well at the Speedway. That will be her best shot for a win this year, IMO

5) Can Vitor lead Foyt back to glory?

It will be extremely tough, but I'd like to see them have a solid year. I know A.J.'s longtime team manager, Craig Baranouski. They have hired some personel, they like Vitor, and Meira is still hungry for a win.

6) Fisher discovered last year that sponsorship agreements and checks are decidedly different things. Who will relearn the lesson first this year?

No clue, especially in these economic times.

7) With Newman's death, Haas's advancing age, and two pay drivers (apparently, no confirmation yet) on the team, what are the prospects for N/H/L Racing?

I don't know how commited Lanigan is, nor the team structure to see who may be getting nurtured to take over at some point. Such as Tim Cindric with Team Penske.

8) In which race will AGR FIRST (it will happen more than once) favor Marco over a teammate and Kanaan will regret not taking Chip's offer when he had the chance? My guess is, as last year, Indy.

I don't think the team will plan that far ahead. I can't see them intentionally doing something to piss off Kanaan, he is still their best bet, by far.

9) With Franchitti and Dixon cooperatively setting up cars, can TCGR be stopped? Even contained?

Dixon, to me, is the class of the field. I think he will surprise with his strengths over his teammate.

Brian

#938 red stick

red stick

• 2,291 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:55

Originally posted by B Squared

I think so. I want to see Dario's first few races back to see how consistent he will be. I'm still not convinced he really wants to be back in an IndyCar.

Hadn't thought of that. I assume the fire still burns, that NASCAR chastened him, and he has something to prove. We'll see how deep the commitment runs. Or his sense of pride, because Dixon's in his prime.

#939 red stick

red stick

• 2,291 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:57

She [Danica] does do well at the Speedway. That will be her best shot for a win this year, IMO

Unless Marco's in the running.  ;)

Advertisement

#940 red stick

red stick

• 2,291 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:59

I don't know how commited Lanigan is, nor the team structure to see who may be getting nurtured to take over at some point. Such as Tim Cindric with Team Penske.

I wish I knew more about this. If Wikipedia can be trusted, Haas turns 79 on February 26. Anybody have a clue about the "succession" arrangements at NHL?

#941 red stick

red stick

• 2,291 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 13:02

I re-numbered on you Brian. Evidently I can't count to 10 at midnight. :blush:

#942 Keir

Keir

• 5,226 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 13:04

I'll be at Watkins Glen and I might even take some time to sightsee this time.

And for the record; I never said to anyone on this BB, not to have an opinion or not to post if they didn't have the money to get in the game. Only not to continuely post like pissy little bitches who can't get his/her way. You don't like the state of OW ?? Yeah, jackoff, we got it the first thirty posts !! You think TG can't run a business ? Thanks, Einstein, got that one at post 50 !!

Bottom line, you can't change things bitching on a BB.

You want to compete with Tony George ?? Then earn it, find it, win it, marry it !! Something other than the constant pink party dress spoiled infantile jerkfest than you pass off as posting !!

#943 red stick

red stick

• 2,291 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 13:07

I'll be at Watkins Glen and I might even take some time to sightsee this time.

You've got to drive the original 6+ mile course and take in the history on the main drag. Watkins Glen has a motorsports "Walk of Fame" that jerks the heartstrings.

As I've written here and elsewhere, the International Motor Racing Research Center, attached to the public library, is also a must.

And if you've got the time and interest, the Glenn Curtiss Museum in nearby Hammondsport is fascinating. It holds not only a nice selection of his aircraft, but some early racing motorbikes on which he competed for speed records on the beach at Daytona. You can't look at the items in the museum and not think that this was a BRAVE man.

#944 red stick

red stick

• 2,291 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 13:10

And for the record; I never said to anyone on this BB, not to have an opinion or not to post if they didn't have the money to get in the game. Only not to continuely post like pissy little bitches who can't get his/her way. You don't like the state of OW ?? Yeah, jackoff, we got it the first thirty posts !! You think TG can't run a business ? Thanks, Einstein, got that one at post 50 !!

Bottom line, you can't change things bitching on a BB.

You want to compete with Tony George ?? Then earn it, find it, win it, marry it !! Something other than the constant pink party dress spoiled infantile jerkfest than you pass off as posting !!

See, this is what a SCV meeting looks like. And I don't think you know what MORATORIUM means.

If we can raise the tone slightly and not be so concerned with "the record" and having the last word, we might actually manage to communicate with each other.  ;)

And Keir, would you care to share your opinion on any of the proffered topics for 2009? Or one of your own, perhaps?

#945 ajcrean

ajcrean

• 262 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 13:15

11) Which team outside of Penske, TCGR, and AGR is most likely to break into Victory Lane? Where?

I'd like to see N/H/L on the top step of the podium regularly with young Rahal. They won in St. Pete last year so can pick it right up from there.
Agree with a previous poster that the pairing of Dixon and Franchitti should reign supreme over the rest of the field.
Would be very happy to see Tagliani win one but it's something of a long shot.
Wish that someone would give PT a ride...
Really hope that Wilson, Hunter-Reay, Servia and Junqueira get drives but time is running out.
Am hoping that Duno turns out to be a whole lot better than we've all thought up until now 'cos the potential for her to ruffle Princess' feathers should make for riveting viewing...
...And I hope that the Milwaukee Mile stays on the calendar.

#946 EVL29

EVL29

• 756 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 14:11

BTW, The IRL has a full schedule of events for the 2009 season.

Not quite full...Detroit GP done cancelled itself.

#947 red stick

red stick

• 2,291 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 15:28

I'd like to see N/H/L on the top step of the podium regularly with young Rahal. They won in St. Pete last year so can pick it right up from there.

Agreed. Rahal's also seen all the tracks now and N/H/L should have a little better idea on setup.

#948 red stick

red stick

• 2,291 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 15:30

Would be very happy to see Tagliani win one but it's something of a long shot.
Wish that someone would give PT a ride...
Really hope that Wilson, Hunter-Reay, Servia and Junqueira get drives but time is running out.

The marked improvement Tagliani made on his team in his brief stint last year should be an example to all owners how important experience is.

#949 wewantourdarbyback

wewantourdarbyback

• 6,358 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 16:50

I think you missed the question of what Justin Wilson will be doing this year off your list RS.

#950 shaggy

shaggy

• 1,661 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 17:06

Shaggy,

Bad dog, baaaad, dog !!

The holocaust ??? Holy Mother of no common sense !!!!

I actually have a life, so I really can't spend the time to disect each and every McGuire post. but .....

Tony George, jerk or not, evil satan or not, lone gunman of OW or not, is still the only guy doing ANYTHING!
That's not an apology, that's a fact. That's not being a fanboy for Tony and IMS, it's just telling it like it is.

Ratings are down, attendance is down, the economy is down. You can't really argue effectivly about those things without all the facts. They are what they are - inaccurate without any cause or effect.

You could make a much more plausable arguement that Penske, Pat Patrick and the "CART rich boys club" screwed OW. And 500 posts later, no resolution.

BTW, The IRL has a full schedule of events for the 2009 season. What do you have ??

Your argument seems to be that, since Indy is still going, you will still watch it. That is fine. Watch it. Follow it.
But, millions have chosen a different path.

What do I have ? Let's see : F1, ALMS, A1GP, GrandAm and Nascar's road races.
It is not necessary to give up, and watch the pale remains of what Indy used to be, just because TG is the owner.

Then, again, TG is not the only one doing anything - he is the only one copying everything CART or CC did before. A subtle, yet very important difference.