IndyCar 2009 (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1624 replies to this topic

#1601 aportinga

aportinga

• 7,793 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 15:49

Originally posted by Slyder
Hornish was getting his act together on Road courses.

Sorry to tell you but Franchitti is back, Power, Wilson, Doorboss and who knows if Clark will come back. Servia and a host of other drivers who will destroy Hornish on road courses are also waiting in the wings.

The longer the IRL remains afloat the more these drivers will come in and push people like Hornish out - that is why I stated it's better he left when he did.

Furrier power - it's what the IRL fanboys always wanted :lol:

Advertisement

#1602 aportinga

aportinga

• 7,793 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 16:34

Originally posted by Keir
So, all bull aside, who, beside TG is doing anything for OW in the USA ??

You anti-TG syncophants are always ready to pounce, but you have no answers.

TG is destroying OW !! The sky is falling !! Yet year after year, season after season, the likes of Penske, Gannassi, AGR et al. come to race! You name calling, no evidence, know nothings keep hanging the crape on the firehouse walls crying OH DOOM, OH DOOM !! TG has ruined OW !!!!!!!!!!!!!! But they keep coming !

Porsche pulls out of ALMS - Penske leaves. Acura wants to go LMP1 - AGR leaves and goes to A1GP.

..... But they both come back to IndyCar, year after year, season after season.

Then again, they race, you don't.

All you can do is name call like a bunch of sophomoric, school boys who didn't get enough toys to play with.

Gee, no one sees TG the way I do and if everyone doesn't agree with me, I'll call them names and hold my breath and stamp my feet and tell them I personally brought 100 people to Indy in the back of my pickup.
And I am the only person allowed to have an opinion ..... yada, yada, yada.

Get a life - TG has one.

At least we're having discussions - agreeing and dis-agreeing. You sound like a broken record and have actually offered less the Burford in terms of constructive posting thus far.

"sophmoric"

Come on man - look in the mirror!

And since when do we have to race in order to have an opinion? :down:

#1603 whitewaterMkII

whitewaterMkII

• 5,263 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 16:39

Originally posted by wide-front-wing

TG may have a life - but he no longer has a race, thanks to your hero we now have Daytona in February to prop up against Monaco and Le Mans....he's a real hero. :rolleyes: :down:

Thanks, I was going post something along the same line.
It should read more like what has TG *done* to USOW, besides trash it....

#1604 Buford

Buford

• 11,173 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 18:25

Gee, no one sees TG the way I do and if everyone doesn't agree with me, I'll call them names and hold my breath and stamp my feet and tell them I personally brought 100 people to Indy in the back of my pickup.
And I am the only person allowed to have an opinion ..... yada, yada, yada.

No one sees TG the same way??? How about the 2 to 3 million racing fans who watched the sport on TV before the tantrum who never attended a single IRL race, and no longer even watch on TV. Quite clear they voted with their wallets. Lemming squeaking such as your own on Internet forums for 13 years certainly hasn't helped has it? Your hero totally failed and less and less people care every year. You are entitled to an opinion airhead. Quite clear your opinion has been rejected by MILLIONS!!!!

#1605 red stick

red stick

• 2,288 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 18:50

In the event today's news has been overlooked, the jurors in the Castroneves tax evasion case have reached a partial verdict. The judge has ordered them back to continue deliberating on the remaining counts.

#1606 Keir

Keir

• 5,214 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 19:18

Just one name.

#1607 Keir

Keir

• 5,214 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 19:24

No, you don't have to race to have an opinion. But the people who DO race are backing TG.

Broken record ?? You're kidding, right ??

80% of this thread is mindless diatribe, bull boy name calling and childish petulance not discussion.

You can't agree to disagree and leave things alone.

Like I said in a another record spin, "If you feel as strongly as you claim, then buy TG out."

#1608 Buford

Buford

• 11,173 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 19:34

But the people who DO race are backing TG.

What, about 10 in the whole world? Pathetic. The old time Lemmings were more of a challenge. To repeat...

Your opinion has been rejected by MILLIONS!!!!

#1609 Keir

Keir

• 5,214 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 19:37

MILLIONS don't race.

Again, just one name of anyone who is doing anything for OW.

#1610 Buford

Buford

• 11,173 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 19:50

Hardly anybody cares anymore... deep thinker. Your hero killed it. Destroyed the "Big Event" mystique and millions of fans left. Get it? No apparently not. That would require logic ability and ability to interpret empirical evidence. :rotfl:

#1611 Keir

Keir

• 5,214 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 20:00

Not my hero. But the only one doing anything.

..... and I'm not the one not getting it.

If any of you moaners had half as much money as you do bluster and bull, you could buy TG out now and show everyone how scary tallented you all are. But you won't, you'll just continue to bitch and moan. The things that you truly do best.

#1612 Buford

Buford

• 11,173 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 20:02

You really should go to Track Forum where your kind of mindless idolizing of a fool and on the record failure as a racing businessman is considered to be a virtue and actual logic and historical expertise is not needed. Only one doing anything because he spent a half billion of his mommy's money to run everybody else out of the business and is now left with the cesspool of his own creation.

#1613 Bouncing Pink Ball

Bouncing Pink Ball

• 733 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 20:06

I know I'm going to regret this but...

TG is making decisions about OW racing because he (1) inherited the money to do so and (2) inherited the most prestigious track in NA. Neither of those items make him qualified to do anything he's done, they simply give him the means to do so. If no one else is “doing anything”, it's because no one else inherited the Indianapolis Speedway or the money. TG did. That's why he's the only one “doing anything”. I'm not about to applaud him for that. Or berate everyone else involved in OW racing for not trumping him somehow by continuing to pour millions into a divisive fight no one can win.

BTW, I'd rather he'd done nothing. I quite enjoyed OW before TG started “doing anything”. Nowadays, it's rare that I watch a race. Rarer even than last year, since I don't get Versus (only Canadian OLN) and our channel picks up the Versus Tour de France coverage every year but so far – unless I've missed it – not IRL racing. It's only available here days later, mid-afternoon, on a sports channel. I'm not going out of my way to watch that.

Sorry to pounce on Keir in particular but the circular “doing anything” argument gets to me every time I see it in this thread. Gah.

#1614 Buford

Buford

• 11,173 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 20:10

LOL yeah in 14 years of Internet Lemming Logic that is the dumbest argument defending Tony George since the all time classic "That greasy foreigner insulted Indiana cows."

#1615 Keir

Keir

• 5,214 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 20:30

The same cesspool that the likes of Roger Penske inhabits of his own free will. The same series that any racer worthy of the name, sell life and soul to compete in. I can still hear Tracy begging to get in and Al Unser JR. But, then again they're racers, real racers spending real money not some over the hill losers or never was's bitching that the rich boys won't let them play in their backyard.

#1616 Buford

Buford

• 11,173 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 20:31

Just wondering. Do you spend a lot of time walking down the street yelling about God?

#1617 Slyder

Slyder

• 5,453 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 20:38

Originally posted by aportinga

Sorry to tell you but Franchitti is back, Power, Wilson, Doorboss and who knows if Clark will come back. Servia and a host of other drivers who will destroy Hornish on road courses are also waiting in the wings.

The longer the IRL remains afloat the more these drivers will come in and push people like Hornish out - that is why I stated it's better he left when he did.

Furrier power - it's what the IRL fanboys always wanted :lol:

Look, I'm basing my opinion on his recent results. He was in the top 5 in St. Petersburg until the grip on his car started to slip. He finished 2nd in Watkins Glen AHEAD of people like Franchitti, Kanaan, and Andretti. He also managed a top 5 in Sears Point as well. He was running competitively in Mid-Ohio and Detroit only for crashes and problems to sidetrack him. So I'd say he was doing very well on Road courses before jumping ship to NASCAR.

And Hornish didn't get pushed out, he left because he felt he'd accomplish everything he had accomplished in IndyCar. If he was to stay, it was to be dependent on monetary issues.

So please quit bitching about everything that puts IndyCar in a better light cause it makes you look more like an idiot than an actual credible critic.

#1618 Keir

Keir

• 5,214 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 20:45

No, do you ?? Or do you just think you are god?? There are good drug treatments for your level of dementia.
Act now, all are welcome.

#1619 Buford

Buford

• 11,173 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 20:53

Off to Track Forum for you little man - you are over matched here and looking more foolish by the day. Your technique of ignoring all empirical evidence and real life historical occurrences would be appreciated there. Continuing to harp on the same idiotic point not a single person has stepped up to agree with is best served at that lemming hangout where you don't have to continually prove you would lose a game of rock - paper - scissors to a door knob.

Advertisement

#1620 blackhand2010

blackhand2010

• 281 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 21:05

This thread reminds of a BB version of Waiting for Godot, with all the bitching and sniping between the two parties, but both sides know that without each other they'd have nothing to post.
Sirs, I salute your dedication to intransigence!

#1621 Buford

Buford

• 11,173 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 21:17

Ha Ha shooting Lemming fish in a barrel has been much more fun than the racing since the Grandson's tanturm. Watching the total failure of all their predictions of all oval track series glory, end of engine leases (as if that was some kind of problem), the promotion of American short track heroes under the vision of their creator, getting rid of greasy foreigners with unpronounceable names (remember the Lemming slogan "What's a Helio?"), engines built by farmers on a hay bail in a barn, saving the honor of Indiana cows... all of it. Hilarious. Keir like thinking through and through. But not funny enough though to offset losing our sport to morons.

#1622 Keir

Keir

• 5,214 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 22:09

Did I say dementia ?? Yes, yes I did !!

Buford, the ringing of a silent bell. With only his own voice to keep him company. SAD !

Waiting for Godot ?? I think ..... NOT.

#1623 Keir

Keir

• 5,214 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 22:12

About now, someone will come forward to remind all and sundry that this is a tread about Indycar 2009 and not Buford's quest to dethrown TG !!

Over to you, Mr. Cronkite.

#1624 Buford

Buford

• 11,173 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 22:40

In other words you can't refute a single point I made so you surrender. Nah... you are too dumb for that.

#1625 Bumper

Bumper
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,966 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 22:41

Thread finally closed. You all know why.