Photo

CODEMASTERS Formula 1 2009

• Please log in to reply
1158 replies to this topic

#101 Lewis

Lewis

• 672 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 23:47

It just depends on your taste. It's obvious that I am talking from a hardcore sim point of view. I want to be able to walk into McLaren's Technology Centre and drive their sim. For most, this would be "boring" or too hard. For others, it would be a dream come true. Pedro gets PAYED to do that stuff.

NFS Shift and this F1 game will be fun for alot of people. If you like games on the fun side, it will be right up your alley. NFS Shift brings it slightly closer to sim part, but even that has alienated alot of fans.. the ones who want to drive on the streets with neons. It's hard to please everyone isn't it?

Good for you. But I don't share your hope. I know that I am right, and I wasn't just going off the video(s) of the game. But what the developers themselves said, when asked questions (during the interviews) during the videos. It was obvious the market that this game is aimed at. And who can blame them, it's how they need to make money. If people don't buy their game, they fail, lose money and can go out of business. It's closer to a sim then previous games and there is a market for that. The guys that want a sim type driving experience that is also fun, where you don't need to be a race engineer to setup the car and get lap time out of it.

The true sims will never make good sales because there isn't a strong enough market for it. The budgets are very low, and you get 1 title every 4-5 years if you are lucky. If it's released every year, it's not a sim. Sad but true. :(

I have no doubt that you will enjoy the "game" very much. Especially with the aids turned on.

took me ages to read your story but do you think that I can't handle a simulation game or something? I play Rfactor and even many kind of flight simulators so please press your own aids turned button ON so you can make a better brief posting when judging someone again. :kiss:

Edited by Lewis, 06 September 2009 - 23:50.

Advertisement

#102 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,490 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:16

yeah sure. you all hate it but will be buying the game when it comes out! the wii f1 2009 comes out very soon, I read october! and it comes with a small f1 steering wheel for the controller but no room for the motion plus in the steering wheel so I guess it won't support the motion plus.

and sorry but gran turismo sucks big time compared to forza3.

Hi Lewis,

I can't care less what games you like or not and to your last comment I shrug and accept your opinion. Your bait for console/game wars won't work since I'm not into those.

What comes on predicted failure of F1 2009 game, it looks out worse than mid nineties PS1 Formula One game (at least it had Murray Walker). Cars are swerving on track like there would be full grid of drunken Jacques Villeneuves in GP2 race. Also if their major target audience is hand held consoles and underpowered Wii, that doesn't promise much good. I'm very afraid game will be less realistic than Outrun Arcade...

#103 Lewis

Lewis

• 672 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 22:09

Hi Lewis,

I can't care less what games you like or not and to your last comment I shrug and accept your opinion. Your bait for console/game wars won't work since I'm not into those.

What comes on predicted failure of F1 2009 game, it looks out worse than mid nineties PS1 Formula One game (at least it had Murray Walker). Cars are swerving on track like there would be full grid of drunken Jacques Villeneuves in GP2 race. Also if their major target audience is hand held consoles and underpowered Wii, that doesn't promise much good. I'm very afraid game will be less realistic than Outrun Arcade...

yes, I also don't care which games you like. how do you know if the game will be that bad? are you working with codemasters? I guess not. :stoned:

here are screenies for the pc/360/ps3 game

Posted Image

Posted Image

#104 Lazy Prodigy

Lazy Prodigy

• 2,452 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:15

look more like concept art to me than c3d's

#105 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 57,084 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:55

Especially since the first one is an F3 car.

#106 Lewis

Lewis

• 672 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 00:03

look more like concept art to me than c3d's

yeah or think might be screens from the intro movie. but those are the only 2 screens yet for the pc/360/ps3 game.

a lot of posters are negative about the whole game while they even don't know the details. I hope they are all wrong and the game will rock!

Edited by Lewis, 09 September 2009 - 12:37.

#107 MurraysMic

MurraysMic

• 16 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:06

Oh dear now we know why Ant and Crofty where at Codemasters last week.

Monza F1 2009 with Ant Davidson

Edited by MurraysMic, 12 September 2009 - 08:09.

#108 TheArmchairCritic

TheArmchairCritic

• 1,035 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 16:06

Looks like they've cocked up the steering, look how much of the inside wheel you can see, way too much angle.

#109 Lewis

Lewis

• 672 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 17:42

Looks like they've cocked up the steering, look how much of the inside wheel you can see, way too much angle.

agree that is not good, the wheels are going too sharp. the graphics look good for a Wii game though.

#110 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 17:52

The dimensions and everything just looks, well, wrong. Very disappointing from what I've seen so far :down:

#111 johnap

johnap

• 280 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 21:14

Its a game for the Wii and PSP, its going to be greatly limited in its realism, graphics, physics.

CM have been talking about what they are doing for F1 2010 on their forums. They are laser-scanning all the tracks and are going to be simulating the way in which the track changes; rubber build up, marbles, the way oil an water acts on the track (such as washing away the rubber laid down on the track), dry lines developing, the works.

#112 wewantourdarbyback

wewantourdarbyback

• 6,358 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:30

Its a game for the Wii and PSP, its going to be greatly limited in its realism, graphics, physics.

It worried me when I saw the graphics, then remembered it's coming out on the wii so they're never going to be PS3 level.

#113 Darrenj

Darrenj

• 1,467 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 15:38

Definitely the first PC game I will be buying in a loooong time. (chuckle chuckle)

PS the screen shots show alot of jaggies, not pretty at all. I hope the PC version comes out soon so it can be adjusted to look better. Even better I hope the after market community slash open the game crack it , tweak it an mod it so then it will be loads better!

Edited by Darrenj, 19 September 2009 - 16:51.

#114 Lewis

Lewis

• 672 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 16:57

Definitely the first PC game I will be buying in a loooong time. (chuckle chuckle)

PS the screen shots show alot of jaggies, not pretty at all. I hope the PC version comes out soon so it can be adjusted to look better. Even better I hope the after market community slash open the game crack it , tweak it an mod it so then it will be loads better!

:up: me too! I will buy the wii, PC and 360 or PS3 game depending on how good the online mode is.

believe the game will not be released until mid 2010 though.

Edited by Lewis, 20 September 2009 - 17:03.

#115 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:42

New video up on F1-Fanatic, with the Singapore Grand Prix as the backdrop: http://www.f1fanatic...and-prix-track/

Still not entirely convinced by this at all.

#116 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,183 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 13:10

The Wii version doesn't look good. If PS3 isn't much better, then I think I'll be sticking right with GP4!

#117 Buckethead

Buckethead

• 705 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 14:07

The Wii version doesn't look good. If PS3 isn't much better, then I think I'll be sticking right with GP4!

Well, pretty sure that PS3 verson is MUCH better than Wii version, but we'll see :p

#118 Villes Gilleneuve

Villes Gilleneuve

• 2,248 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 21:15

Villes,

Much of what you write is either completely wrong, doubtful but debatable or simply your opinions that you're passing off as fact.

The fact is there is not a simulation on any console.

The fact is no one is playing GT5 on PS3 for at least a year.

I just got a review copy of NFS:shift. I can't stop laughing. EA took GTR and they ruined it.

Starting at the back of a grid and passing 12-14 cars is not a simulation of anything.

Edited by Villes Gilleneuve, 29 September 2009 - 21:17.

#119 jaisli

jaisli

• 1,212 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 21:31

The fact is there is not a simulation on any console.

The fact is no one is playing GT5 on PS3 for at least a year.

I just got a review copy of NFS:shift. I can't stop laughing. EA took GTR and they ruined it.

Starting at the back of a grid and passing 12-14 cars is not a simulation of anything.

The word simulation in itself is open to debate. What makes a simulation? Realistic physics? Damage modeling? Good FFB? Proper tire wear? All of the above?

GT5 won't be released for another 6 months. If you're referring to Prologue, yes there are still people playing it. You can go on 24 hours a day and find people in lobbies. So you're really quite wrong on this. But that said, how many times can people run the same six tracks? It's a demo.

Shift does many things right. It has nice visuals, a very impressive sense of speed, wonderful sound effects and some of the smoothest, lag free, private lobbies I've ever experienced. It's about as good as LAN play. Unfortunately, they really botched the handling model and I'm hoping they take some corrective steps. But if you think it's 'ruined', well, that's your opinion.

You go away for 3 months and nothing's changed. ;)

Advertisement

#120 MurraysMic

MurraysMic

• 16 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 21:52

Suzuka Trailer up, Central pivot handling For the lose :rolleyes:

#121 wewantourdarbyback

wewantourdarbyback

• 6,358 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:43

I swear that the graphics for the last game on PSP were better than that.

#122 Jackmancer

Jackmancer

• 2,800 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 17:33

I swear that the graphics for the last game on PSP were better than that.

Ah that Youtube was pretty ugly. Hope PC/PS3 is going to be better. Wii is for kids anyway.

#123 Youichi

Youichi

• 2,996 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:12

Realism factoid:-

No ING sponsored F1 car ever raced at Suzuka......

#124 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 11:54

Interlagos trailer for the game now up on Youtube (featuring a certain Mr Croft and Mr Davidson).

#125 johnap

johnap

• 280 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:29

Realism factoid:-

No ING sponsored F1 car ever raced at Suzuka......

Its beyond the point that they can change it, the liveries and drivers are apparently 'locked' after a certain point in the season.

#126 Ijsman

Ijsman

• 199 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:42

Interlagos trailer for the game now up on Youtube (featuring a certain Mr Croft and Mr Davidson).

That looks disastrous.

#127 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:45

That looks disastrous.

I find that if I squint and view it through my hands it's not too bad.

#128 babbel

babbel
  • Racing Sims Host

• 2,329 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 14:18

Even GP3 and GP4 looked better than this...

#129 ()qo3lav1236

()qo3lav1236

• 124 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 16:45

It is for the wii, jesus.

#130 wewantourdarbyback

wewantourdarbyback

• 6,358 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 16:56

Oh dear lord, I've seen better physics and graphics on other wii games. That's unacceptable.

#131 20000RPM

20000RPM

• 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 11:01

it does not look good :mad: lets hope they get the other versions right!

#132 Ijsman

Ijsman

• 199 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 18:00

It is for the wii, jesus.

Wii tennis looks like PS3 graphics compared to this...

#133 andysaint

andysaint

• 247 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 19:58

The Wii is not made for graphics but for fun non serious games. The PS3 and XBOX360 have more more computing power so I'd expect the graphics to be much better. As a side issue, how do people get GP4 work with Vista?

#134 wewantourdarbyback

wewantourdarbyback

• 6,358 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 21:35

The Wii is not made for graphics but for fun non serious games. The PS3 and XBOX360 have more more computing power so I'd expect the graphics to be much better. As a side issue, how do people get GP4 work with Vista?

The wii may not be made for graphics but it has much higher graphical capabilities that that load of tosh.

#135 Hypnotise

Hypnotise

• 1,245 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 15:43

I hear the wii has twice as powerful system as the PS2

#136 Umpire

Umpire

• 787 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 17:24

Outrageous, even GP2 (!) had better handling than this........

#137 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 8,305 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 13:28

I hear the wii has twice as powerful system as the PS2

Not sure if thats true but nonetheless the Ps3 is probably 10 times as powerful as the PS2.

#138 wewantourdarbyback

wewantourdarbyback

• 6,358 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 16:53

Not sure if thats true but nonetheless the Ps3 is probably 10 times as powerful as the PS2.

If measured in flops I believe I read that the PS3 is 5 times as fast as the 360 so I imagine the power must be at least 10 times that of it's predecessor.

#139 hsvone

hsvone

• 1,079 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 23:49

*Sigh* Why couldn't the makers of GT Legends have made a GP simulation? I'll stick with GP4 thanks. :rolleyes:

Advertisement

#140 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 26,431 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:40

Villes is right, most games suck. I stopped playing 10 years ago nearly, I popped in here to have a squiz some 8 years later and STILL the same problems are happening. GT whatever is delayed (well what a shock), racing games continue to be dumbed down, AI's are awful, graphics continue t improve at the expense of playability.

GT3 was the last straw for me ..... just AWFUL gaming in every sense.

#141 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 8,305 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 15:19

Villes is right, most games suck. I stopped playing 10 years ago nearly, I popped in here to have a squiz some 8 years later and STILL the same problems are happening. GT whatever is delayed (well what a shock), racing games continue to be dumbed down, AI's are awful, graphics continue t improve at the expense of playability.

GT3 was the last straw for me ..... just AWFUL gaming in every sense.

GT3 was worse than GT2 for you?

#142 Hypnotise

Hypnotise

• 1,245 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 15:23

yeah but Syngamer at the Codemasters forum told me it was twice the better!

#143 Ijsman

Ijsman

• 199 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 15:43

yeah but Syngamer at the Codemasters forum told me it was twice the better!

Too bad CM aren't using the extra power then. :D PS2 F106 looked better, and the steering looked natural.

#144 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 26,431 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:10

GT3 was worse than GT2 for you?

Hands down, it was awful. AI was even worse (how??), it took an AGE to finish a race, the AGE seemed even longer becaus eyou'd lap the field after 3 laps. Tyres desintegrate din minutes ...... what an awful gameplay ecperience. 4 bazillion cars doesn't make up for shitty game play.

#145 Exar Kun

Exar Kun

• 1,169 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:55

I agree with you on Gran Tourismo, Alfisti - it really just is a car collecting exercise. GT5 at least will have in car views for a lot of the cars - and i'll restrict myself to those.

I can't see the Codies game being particularly good but i'll be happy enough with a pretty looking game that's ok to drive on a console with a gamepad. I'll leave the serious stuff to iRacing.

#146 Hypnotise

Hypnotise

• 1,245 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 18:53

looks ok !

#147 AussieF1

AussieF1

• 318 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 21:49

looks ok !

Yeah....

But no.

The perspective is all wrong. Big fat cockpits and tiny little "shopping trolley" tyres.

#148 Lewis

Lewis

• 672 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:45

Pre-ordered. Looks better then hoped for. Still a Wii game but will be priceless for me. :up:

#149 wewantourdarbyback

wewantourdarbyback

• 6,358 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:44

Looks better then hoped for.

Wow you had low expectations.

#150 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:52

Wow you had low expectations.

:lol:

Unless you're Stevie Wonder, there's absolutely no way what-so-ever you can say the Wii version looks good. It looks dreadful, like something from the last millennium. And yes, I know full well that the Wii isn't a box full of graphics wizardry, but, come on. The graphics like utterly dire, the physics of the thing looks like the cars are running on a sheet of ice and it just reeks of Codemasters desperately looking to reap some income before Christmas after spending so much on the license.

Fingers crossed they're putting all their efforts into the PS3/360 version next year instead.

Anyway its release in a fortnight isn't it? Reviews should be cropping up soon?