Photo

1993 Yamaha 500 chassis

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pilosio

Pilosio

• 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:29

Hi, everyone! Excuse me for my bad english.

I've many doubts about chassis used by the Marlboro Team Roberts and the Yamaha Motor France team in 1993.
According with Motocourse and italian magazine Motosprint, Wayne Rainey used factory Mk2 chassis in the first two races (Eastern Creek and Shah Alam), then the factory Mk3 chassis from Suzuka. At Assen, Rainey used the ROC frame in practice and the Mk3 one in the race. In Catalunya and Mugello, Rainey used the ROC frame in race too, but at Donington he used a new modified Yamaha chassis. He came back to a ROC frame at Brno. He used the ROC frame at Misano too?
Luca Cadalora started using the ROC chassis at Mugello, with this he won his first 500 race at Donington. Do you know what frame he used from Brno? :confused:

About Yamaha Motor France, I read Freddie Spencer used Mk1 chassis in the first three Grand Prix (and Honma used his bike at Suzuka as Freddie's substitute). When he came back, Spencer used the ROC frame at Misano and maybe Laguna Seca. What chassis he used at Brno?
And what chassis was used by the other Yamaha Motor France riders? It's possible that the team, whose technical director Serge Rosset was also the "father" of ROC-Yamaha bike, had a factory YZR and a ROC-Yamaha, or a ROC frame with a factory Big Bang engine? I've seen two pictures from Hockenheim, one of Manfred Mothes and an other in a french annual, where Garcia had a ROC-Yamaha and Kuhn a YZR. :confused: :confused:

About Kuhn, for what team he rode in the last four Grand Prix? And his bike was a ROC-Yamaha or a YZR? Motocourse sais he used a Big Bang engine on a ROC frame at Laguna Seca. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Excuse me for all these question, but it's a mystery to me.

Thanks everybody!

Advertisement

#2 Henry Snee

Henry Snee

• 75 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:39

Hi Pilosio
I can't help you with the chassis info but regarding Jose Kuhn, he started 1993 on a Team Euromoto ROC Yamaha and ended it with Yamaha Motor France. From the sources I have seen this could have been for the last 8 or 10 rounds. Hopefully Philippe or Antony will see your post and give you some more info.

David

#3 Pilosio

Pilosio

• 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 13:35

Originally posted by Henry Snee
Hi Pilosio
I can't help you with the chassis info but regarding Jose Kuhn, he started 1993 on a Team Euromoto ROC Yamaha and ended it with Yamaha Motor France. From the sources I have seen this could have been for the last 8 or 10 rounds. Hopefully Philippe or Antony will see your post and give you some more info.

David

Thanks, David!
Yes, Kuhn started with Team Euromoto and joined Yamaha Motor France from Salzburgring when d'Orgeix, first substitute of Spencer, left the team. But probably Kuhn left the Serge Rosset's team when Spencer came back, I found sources that say he raced for Team ROC in the last three Grand Prix. But Team ROC is Rosset again... :confused:

#4 fines

fines

• 9,647 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 21:01

From memory, I believe Cadalora stuck with the ROC frame after Donington.